Home 美国电影 电视台风云

电视台风云

0
电视台风云

I’d like to program it for you.
改进一下
Develop it.
我不会插手新闻本身 但是电视既然是演艺事业
I wouldn’t interfere with the actual news itself, but TV is showbiz, Max.
那新闻就也得有点演出技巧才行
And even the news has to have a little showmanship.
老天 你真的是认真的
My God, you are serious.
我看了你今天6点的新闻 就是纯粹的念文摘
Oh. I watched your 6:00 news today. It’s straight tabloid.
你用了一分半钟的时间说那个在中♥央♥公园全♥裸♥骑马的女人
You had a minute and a half of that lady riding a bike naked in Central Park.
可你说重要的国内国际新闻才用了不到一分钟
You had less than a minute of hard national and international news.
新闻里全是性丑闻 暴♥力♥犯罪体育
It was all sex, scandal, brutal crimes, sports
身患绝症的孩子和丢失的小狗
children with incurable diseases and lost puppies.
所以我不认为 它是高水平的新闻节目
I don’t think I’ll listen to any protestations of high standards of journalism
你现在就好比像其他人一样 是在街上拉客
when you’re soliciting audiences like the rest of us.
我要说的是 既然你在拉客 至少应该正确地拉
All I’m saying is, if you’re gonna hustle, at least do it right.
我明天的会上就会把这个提出来 但我不想吵架
I’m gonna bring this up at tomorrow’s meeting. I don’t like network hassles.
我想就在我们中间把这个问题解决
I was hoping you and I could work this out.
这就是我为什么来这儿
Now that’s why I’m here.
我还以为你是想找一个表情冷峻的
And I was hoping that you were looking for an emotional involvement
中年男人 有一段感情纠葛
with a craggy middle-aged man.
当然我也不完全排除这一点
Oh, I wouldn’t rule that out entirely.
好吧 戴安娜
All right, Diana
明天会上把你所有想法都提出来吧
You bring up all your ideasat the meeting tomorrow
因为你不提 我也会提
because if you don’t, I will.
我想霍华德把自己 也把所有人都当傻子了
I think Howard’s making a goddamn fool of himself
霍华德和我都知道 这就是商业没有办法
and so does everybody that Howard and I know in this industry.
上次只是侥幸捡到宝 这样下去是行不通的
It was a fluke. It didn’t work.
所以明天 霍华德会变回老样子
So tomorrow, Howard goes back to the old format
所有这些堕落下作的事 也该到此为止了
and all of this gutter depravity comes to an end.
好的
Okay.
我不明白
I don’t get it, Diana.
你一直呆到7点半 然后来我这儿就只为了
You hung around until 7:30 and then came all the way down here
告诉我几个有点疯狂的娱乐新闻的点子
just to pitch a couple of loony showbiz ideas
你肯定很清楚我会在你背后笑你这么做
when you knew goddamn well I’d laugh you right out of the office.
我不明白
I don’t get it.
你到底想耍什么花招
What’s your scam in this?
是您在这一行里的辉煌成就
Max, my little visit here tonight was a gesture
把我今晚带到这来的
made out of your stature in the industry
我个人一直很倾慕您
and because I personally admired you
从我在密苏里大学念语言专业时起
since I was a kid majoring in speech at the University of Missouri.
反正迟早 无论有没有您
Sooner or later, with or without you
我都会接手您的新闻节目
I’m going to take over your Network News show
所以我想也许就从今晚开始好了
and I figured I might as well start tonight.
我记得我在密苏里大学
I, uh, think I once gave a lecture
做过一次演讲
at the University of Missouri.
我在底下听
I was in the audience.
对您有一种女生特有的长达数月的迷恋 非常迷恋
I had a terrible schoolgirl crush on you for a couple of months.
如果我们能回到刚才你说 吉卜赛女郎预测
If we could get back for a moment to that gypsy
你与一个中年男子会发生感情纠葛的那个时刻
who predicted all that about, uh, emotional involvements and middle-aged men.
今晚一起吃饭好吗
What are you doing for dinner tonight?
我今晚去不了了 明天给我打电♥话♥吧
I can’t make it tonight, love. Call me tomorrow.
-你有中意的餐厅吗 -我什么都吃
-Do you have a favorite restaurant? -I eat anything.
我感觉我被设计了
Son of a bitch, I get a feeling I’m being made.
你就是
You are.
我得告诉你 我初次约会时不会做任何事的
Ah, I’ve got to warn you, I don’t do anything on my first date.
我们看吧
We’ll see.
舒马赫 你走桃花运了
Schmuck, what are you getting into?
我结婚四年 假装自己过得很开心
I was married for four years and pretended to be happy
我做了六年精神分♥析♥治疗 假装自己神志清楚
and had six years of analysis and pretended to be sane.
我丈夫和他的男朋友私奔了
My husband ran off with his boyfriend
我和我的心理分♥析♥师发生了关系
and I had an affair with my analyst.
他说我是他最差的床伴
He told me I was the worst lay he’d ever had.
我不能告诉你有多少男人 说过我技术不怎么样
I can’t tell you how many men have told me what a lousy lay I am.
我明显有些男性化
I apparently have a masculine temperament.
我能很快就产生快♥感♥ 过早的完成动作
I arouse quickly, consummate prematurely
而且我会等不及地穿上衣服 离开卧室
and can’t wait to get my clothes back on and get out of that bedroom.
除了工作我似乎什么事都不行
I seem to be inept at everything except my work.
我工作很好
I’m good at my work.
所以我就把我自己限制在工作上
So I confine myself to that.
我对生活的全部要求就是30%的收视率
All I want out of life is a 30 share
和20%的开机率
and a 20 rating.
你肯定结婚了吧
You’re married, surely?
25年了
Twenty-five years.
我西雅图有一个已经结婚的女儿
I have a married daughter in Seattle
她现在怀孕六个月
who’s six months pregnant
还有一个小女儿念西北大学 1月份开学
a younger girl who’s starting at Northwestern in January.
好 麦克斯 我们坐在这儿
Well, Max, here we are.
中年男子焕发着他中年男人的魅力
Middle-aged man reaffirming his middle-aged manhood
和一个可怕的有着恋父情结的年轻女子
and a terrified young woman with a father complex.
我们能发展出怎样的剧本
What sort of script do you think we can make out of this?
闲言闲语说你是弗兰克·哈克特的地下情人
Corridor gossip, uh, says that you are Frank Hackett’s backstage girl.
我不是
Ha, ha. I’m not.
弗兰克是一个工作狂 全身心的
Frank is a corporation man, body and soul.
他没有爱 没有欲望 不忠诚
He has no loves, lusts or allegiances
忠诚并不能帮他顺利的成为美国通讯公♥司♥董事会的成员
that are not consummately directed toward becoming a CCA board member.
那你说他干吗要来找我呢 我连股东都不是
So why should he bother with me? I’m not even a stockholder.
你的爱 欲望和忠诚呢
What about your loves, lusts and allegiances?
你妻子在城里吗
Is your wife in town?

Yes.
所以我们最好去我家
Well, then, we better go to my place.
我听不见你 你最好说大点声
I can’t hear you. You will have to talk a little louder.
好 我听见了
Yes. I hear you.
是的
Yes.

Yes.
为什么是我
Why me?
我说 为什么是我
I said, “Why me?”
好吧
Ok.
霍华德在办公室吗
Howard in his office?
我已经把《愤怒的预言家》那个白♥痴♥节目砍了
Oh, Harry, I’m killing this whole screwball, angry-prophet thing.
今晚开始我们像从前一样播正常新闻
Tonight we go back to straight news.
喂 麦克斯 我告诉你他很好
Max, I’m telling you, he’s fine.
他整天都很精神 一直很搞笑
He’s been sharp all day. He’s been funny as hell.
裁减会议上每个人都夸他
Had everybody cracking up at the rundown meeting.
我告诉他了
I told him. I told him.
提示VTA
Up. Cue VTA.
二号♥机准备
Ready, two.
-提示播音员 -联合广播公♥司♥《晚间新闻》
-Cue announcer. -The UBS Evening News
我是霍华德·比厄
with Howard Beale.
昨晚我睡的不熟 总是醒来
Last night, I was awakened from a fitful sleep
凌晨2点多一点
shortly after 2:00 in the morning
我被刺耳的辨不出是谁的嘶嘶声吵醒
by a shrill, sibilant, faceless voice.
一开始在黑暗的卧室里 我辨不清声音的来源
I couldn’t make it out at first in the dark bedroom
我说 对不起 你得说大点声
and I said, “I’m sorry, you will have to talk a little louder.”
-你想让我做什么 -没什么
-What do you want me to do? -Nothing.
那声音告诉我说 我想你说真话
And the voice said to me, “I want you to tell the people the truth.
这并不容易做 因为人们并不想知道事实
Not an easy thing to do because the people don’t want to know.”
我说 你在开玩笑吗
And I said, “You’re kidding.
关于事实我能知道些什么呢
What the hell should I know about the truth?”
但那个声音跟我说 事实的事你不用担心
But the voice said to me, “Don’t worry about the truth.
我自会告诉你
I will put the words in your mouth.”
我说这是不是西乃山的荆棘火焰
I said, “What’s this, the Burning Bush? For God’s sake,
可我不是摩西啊
I’m not Moses.”
那个声音说 我不是上帝 这和那个有什么关系
The voice said to me, “And I’m not God. What has that got to do with it?”
那个声音又说
The voice said to me:
我说的不是不朽的绝对事实
“We’re not talking about eternal or absolute or ultimate truth.
而是暂时的无常的人的事实
We’re talking about impermanent, transient, human truth.
我不指望人能知道事实
I don’t expect you people to be capable of truth
但至少你得能自我保护
but at least you’re capable of self-preservation.”
我说 为什么挑我
And I said, “Why me?”
那个声音说 因为你上电视 笨蛋
And the voice said, “Because you’re on television, dummy.
很好
Beautiful.
4千万美国人听你说话
You have 40 million Americans listening to you.
这次节目播出之后可能变5千万