霍华德是由于个人压力过大才会如此的
that Howard’s been under great personal stress, et cetera.
明天我们开董事会时
I’ll call you back, John. All right. We’ve got a stockholders’ meeting tomorrow
会宣布经营方案的改革
at which we’re gonna announce the restructuring-of-management plan.
我不希望这件荒唐的事影响明天的会议
I don’t want this grotesque incident to interfere with that.
我的意思是卢迪发表一个简短声明把整件事洗脱干净
I’ll suggest Mr. Ruddy open with a short statement, washing this whole thing off.
你 麦克斯 最好就负责回复
You, Max, you better have some answers for those nuts that
那些总是来开董事会的蠢人们
come to stockholders’ meetings.
比厄先生一直以来职业压力和个人压力都很大
Mr. Beale has been under professional and personal strain.
我也给你准备了一份”惊喜”
I’ve got some surprises for you too, Schumacher.
这话已经到我喉咙这儿非说不可了
I’ve had it up to here
你的节目一年亏损3300万
with your cruddy division and its annual $33 million deficit!
用不着你管我的新闻部 弗兰克
You keep your hands off my news division, Frank.
我们对公♥司♥层负责 不是对你
We’re responsible to corporate level, not you.
好 那我们走着瞧
Well, goddamn, we’ll see about that.
好了 别吵了 我们先让比厄出去吧
All right, take it easy. Right now, how do we get Beale out of here?
我知道门厅里有很多记者和摄影师
I understand there’s at least a hundred reporters and camera crews in the lobby.
所以在货运出口给你安排了车
We got a limo at the freight exit.
霍华德 今晚你就去我家避避吧
Howard, you’re gonna spend the night at my place.
你们家肯定被媒体包围了
There’s bound to be press around yours.
让斯♥诺♥登中午之前过来
I want Snowden here by noon.
莱斯特报道中♥央♥情报局的听证会
Have Lester cover the CIA hearings
把白宫那块儿交给多丽丝负责
and give the White House to Doris.
麦克斯 你要去看样片吧 要迟到了
You’re late for your screening, Max.
好的 知道了
Right. Okay.
如果约翰·惠勒来电♥话♥
If John Wheeler calls, switch him to Projection Room 7.
给我转到7号♥放映室
Margot, come in here a minute.
-比厄这事真对不起 比尔 -没事儿 坐吧
-I’m sorry. This Beale business. -It’s all right. Sit down.
戴安娜问她能不能在这儿听我们说
Diana asked if she could sit in on this.
没问题 怎么样了
Fine. How’s it going?
你肯定会比上次我给你看时更喜欢
I think you’ll like this footage better than the stuff I showed you last time, Max.
麦克斯·舒马赫
Max Schumacher.
真该死 什么时候 路易斯
God damn it. When, Louise?
劳伦
Laureen?
他还说什么了
Well, did he say anything?
好吧 谢谢你
All right, thank you.
共和党认为当前最紧迫的
The Communist Party believes
政♥治♥需要是整顿
that the most pressing political necessity today
激进党和民♥主♥党运动
is the consolidation of the revolutionary, radical and democratic movements into a united front.
哈里 霍华德·比厄大概20分钟前离开我家
Harry, Howard Beale left my house about 20 minutes ago.
他到了吗
Has he come in yet?
他来了告诉我一声
Well, let me know when he arrives, huh?
-那是劳伦·霍布斯 对吧 -对
-That’s Laureen Hobbs, isn’t it? -Yeah.
这是从大卫·萨斯金之前的节目里截出来的
This is from a David Susskind thing a while back.
我想有一些我们可以用
I think we can use some of this stuff.
下面要看的 保证会令你非常激动
What we’re going to see now is something really sensational.
阿利桑那州的旗帜独♥立♥银行上周
The Flagstaff Independent Bank of Arizona was ripped off last week
被一个叫做”普世解♥放♥军♥” 的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥团伙抢劫了
by a terrorist group called the Ecumenical Liberation Army.
他们自己在抢劫时还录了影
They actually took movies of the rip-off while they were ripping it off.
“普世解♥放♥军♥”是不是绑♥架♥帕蒂·哈斯特的那个团伙
The Ecumenical Liberation Army. That’s not the one that kidnapped Patty Hearst?
不是 那个是”共生解♥放♥军♥”
No, no. That’s the Symbionese Liberation Army.
这个是”普世解♥放♥军♥”
This is the Ecumenical Liberation Army.
他们是三周前绑♥架♥玛丽·安·吉福德的那伙人
They’re the ones who kidnapped Mary Ann Gifford three weeks ago.
现在有很多地下的激进组织”解♥放♥军♥”
There’s a lot of liberation armies in the revolutionary underground
还有很多被绑♥架♥的女继承人
and a lot of kidnapped heiresses.
这就是玛丽·安·吉福德
This is Mary Ann Gifford.
那是”伟大的艾哈迈德·汗” 他是头儿
That’s the Great Ahmed Kahn, he’s their leader.
他们真的是在抢劫时拍的这个吗
You mean, they actually shot this film while they were ripping off the bank?
等会儿你就能看着了
Wait till you see it.
我不知道是剪辑一下呢 还是就像这样保留原样
I don’t know whether to edit or leave it raw like this.
这东西太棒了 从哪儿弄来的
This is terrific stuff. Where did you get it?
我的这些东西都是从劳伦·霍布斯那儿弄的
I got everything through Laureen Hobbs.
她是联♥系♥我和这些东西的纽带
She’s my contact for all this stuff.
霍华德打电♥话♥来
I’ve got Howard on the other line.
让他听我电♥话♥
All right, put him on.
麦克斯在四号♥线 接电♥话♥
Howard, I’ve got Max on 4. Would you pick up?
我想再录一次节目
Listen, Max, I’d like another shot.
-算了吧 霍华德 -我不是说整个一♥期♥节目
-Oh, come on, Howard. -I don’t mean the whole show.
我只是想出来做一个简单的告别
I’d just like to come on, make some brief farewell statement
然后就把节目交给杰克·斯♥诺♥登
and then turn the show over to Jack Snowden.
我在这里干了11年
I have 11 years at this network, Max.
这一行我还有点地位
I have some standing in the industry.
我只是不想像个小丑一样 就这么消失了
I just don’t wanna go out like a clown.
我保证一定会简单严肃
It’ll be simple, dignified.
你和哈里可以检查拷贝
You and Harry can check the copy.
我想只有这样才能平息这个风波
I think it’ll take the strain off the show, Max.
-你说怎么样 -嗯 好吧
-Well, what do you think? -Well, okay.
今天不要再喝醉了 霍华德
And no booze today, Howard.
一定不会
No booze.
-乔治 你能不能到我办公室来一趟 -好的
-George, can, uh, you come into my office for a minute? -Right.
-芭芭拉 汤米在吗 -应该在
-Barbara, is Tommy around anywhere? -I think so.
你们俩来一下
I’d like to see the two of you for a moment.
这是我们西海岸特别节目部的比尔·赫伦
Uh, this is Bill Herron from our West Coast Special Programs Department.
乔治·博世 芭芭拉史·莱辛格 汤米·佩莱格里诺
George Bosch, Barbara Schlesinger, Tommy Pellegrino.
我刚才看了比尔做的一个关于地下激进组织的样片
Look, I just saw some rough footage of a special Bill’s doing
虽然大部分都很闷
on the revolutionary underground.
说的是劳伦·霍布斯和两个杂役
Most is tedious stuff of Laureen Hobbs and two fatigue jackets
抱怨残缺的马♥克♥思♥主义什么的
muttering mutilated Marxism.
但里面有8分钟的抢银行的镜头
But he’s got about eight minutes of a bank robbery
十分震撼
that is absolutely sensational.
是拍的实实在在的抢劫过程
Authentic stuff. Actually shot while the robbery was going on.
记得玛丽·安·吉福德的绑♥架♥案吗
You remember the Mary Ann Gifford kidnapping?
就是那伙疯子
It’s that bunch of nuts.
在片子里你可以看见她拿着机关枪射击
She’s in the movie shooting off machine guns.
真是超赞的片子
Really terrific footage.
我们可以拿它做这周的节目 或许可以做一个系列片
I think we can get a hell of a Movie of the Week out of it maybe even a series.
一个系列片 我们说什么
A series out of what? What are we talking about?
我们有很多激进分子的怪事可说啊
Look, we’ve got a bunch of hobgoblin radicals
比如”普世解♥放♥军♥”
called the Ecumenical Liberation Army
他们会边抢银行边拍纪录片
who go around taking home movies of themselves robbing banks.
也许以后还会拍下他们绑♥架♥
And maybe they’ll take movies of themselves kidnapping heiresses
劫机波音747 炸大桥暗♥杀♥特使
um, hijacking 747s, bombing bridges, assassinating ambassadors.
我们每周的节目都可以用他们的写实纪录片开头
We’d open each week’s segment with that authentic footage
雇人给这些纪录片写配词
hire writers to write some story behind that footage
这样我们就可以做系列片了
and we’ve got ourselves a series.
一个关于银行抢匪的纪录片
A series about a bunch of, uh, bank-robbing guerillas?
我们管它叫什么《毛♥泽♥东♥时间》
What are we gonna call it, The Mao Tse-Tung Hour?
为什么不呢
Why not?
他们有打击部队 特遣部队
They’ve got Strike Force, Task Force,
“特种战争装甲运输车”
SWAT,
为什么不说说切格瓦拉和他的”扫荡三人组”呢
why not Che Guevara and his own little mod squad?
我昨天给你们每个人都发了一份主题分♥析♥报告
Look, I sent you all a concept-analysis report yesterday.
有谁读了吗
Did any of you read it?
一句话概括就是 美国人正在变得死气沉沉
Well, in a nutshell, it said the American people are turning sullen.
他们被越南战争 水门事件
They’ve been clobbered by Vietnam, Watergate,
通货膨胀彻底打垮
inflation, the Depression.
他们试过上吊开枪乱搞
They’ve turned off, shot up and fucked themselves limp.
却都无济于事
And nothing helps.
所以这个主题分♥析♥报告总结出
So this concept-analysis report concludes
美国人现在需要的是能把他们的愤怒宣泄出来的人
the American people want somebody to articulate their rage for them.
我六个月前接手这个工作时
I’ve been telling you people
就告诉过你们我要拍暴戾节目
since I took this job six months ago
而不是些老掉牙的片子
that I want angry shows.
我要反传统
I don’t want conventional programming on this network,
反成规
I want counterculture. I want antiestablishment.
其实我本不想在你们这些人面前像个工作狂似的
I don’t wanna play butch boss with you people.
可我接手这个部门后
When I took over this department
我发现这里的节目简直是电视史上最差的
it had the worst programming record in television history.
没有一个节目能排进前20
This network hasn’t one show in the top 20.
这个简直是电视业的笑话
This network is an industry joke.
我们最好能为明年九月的评选 攒出一个好栏目
And we better start putting together one winner for next September.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!