本片讲述了联合广播公♥司♥《无线新闻》栏目
This story is about Howard Beale
主播霍华德·比厄的故事
who was the Network News anchorman on UBS TV.
早年他曾是电视界声名显赫的要人 是最好的新闻主播
In his time, Howard Beale had been a mandarin of television.
他的节目的开机率是16% 收视率高达28%
The grand old man of news, with a HUT rating of 16 and a 28 audience share.
然而1969年 他的运气开始下滑
In 1969, however, his fortunes began to decline.
收视率降到22%
He fell to a 22 share.
接下来的一年 他的妻子去世
The following year his wife died,
撇下无儿无女的他孤身一人
and he was left a childless widower
他的节目的开机率降到了8% 收视率也只有12%了
with an 8 rating and a 12 share.
人们渐渐孤立了变得暴躁的他 他于是开始酗酒
He became morose and isolated, began to drink heavily.
1975年9月22日 他被解雇了
And on September 22, 1975, he was fired
解雇令两周后生效
effective in two weeks.
这消息是联合广播公♥司♥新闻部的头儿
The news was broken to him by Max Schumacher
麦克斯·舒马赫告诉他的
who was the president of the news division at UBS.
两个老友为此喝得酩酊大醉
The two old friends got properly pissed.
51年那会儿 我和爱德华·默罗一起
I was at CBS with Ed Murrow
我们都在哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥
in 1951.
那是50年吧
Must’ve been 1950, then.
我在全国广播公♥司♥ 是早间新闻栏目的助理制♥作♥人
I was NBC, uh, associate producer, Morning News.
那会儿我还是个孩子 才26岁
I was just a kid, 26 years old.
记得那时正在建造乔治华盛顿桥的下层
Anyway, they were building the lower level of the George Washington Bridge.
我们要在那儿作实况转播
We were doing a remote from there.
可没有人告诉我
And nobody told me.
早晨7点 我接到一个电♥话♥
Then after 7 in the morning, I get a call.
你在哪儿呢 怎么不在乔治华盛顿桥
“Where the hell are you? You’re supposed to be on the George Washington Bridge.”
我”噌”地从床上跳起来 在睡衣外面套了件雨衣
I jump out of bed, throw my raincoat over my pajamas.
冲下楼跑到街上
I run down the stairs, I run out in the street,
拦了辆出租 上车就和司机说
hail a cab.And I say to the cabby,
去乔治华盛顿桥中间
“Take me to the middle of the George Washington Bridge.”
司机转过头来说
And the cabbie turns around and he says. He says,
别想不开啊 兄弟
“Don’t do it, buddy.
你还年轻 还有大把前途在前面等着你呢
You’re a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you.”
我之前跟你说过这事儿吗
Didn’t I ever tell you that one before?
我想自杀
I’m gonna kill myself.
别这么说 霍华德
Oh, shit, Howard.
我要在7点新闻播到一半时
I’m gonna blow my brains out right on the air.
开枪打爆我的头
Right in the middle of the 7:00 news.
那你的收视率肯定狂高 我敢肯定
Well, you’ll get a hell of a rating, I’ll guarantee you that.
50%小意思
50 share easy.
-真的 -那当然
-You think so? -Well, sure.
我们还可以做个系列节目 叫《一周自杀要闻》
We could make a series out of it. Suicide of the Week.
干吗这么放不开 应该叫《一周死亡要闻》
Hell. Why limit ourselves? Execution of the Week.
按我说 叫《一周恐怖要闻》
Terrorist of the Week.
一定会很多人喜欢
I love it.
自杀 暗♥杀♥
Suicides. Assassinations.
到处放炸♥弹♥的疯子
Mad bombers
黑♥手♥党♥的职业杀手
Mafia hit men
撞的稀巴烂的汽车
automobile smashups.
叫《死亡时刻》不错
The Death Hour.
一个星期天晚全家共享的好节目
Great Sunday night show for the whole family.
肯定能一举打败迪斯尼的破节目
We’ll wipe that fucking Disney right off the air.
我们把列♥宁♥驱逐放到第三部分的最后
Let’s do the Lenin deportation at the end of three.
-不够震撼吧 -那放在第一部分好了
That strong enough to bump? -Let’s do that in one.
说到莎拉简摩尔时 我会把镜头交给旧金山的梅贝瑞
In one then, I’ll do a lead on Sara Jane Moore to Mayberry in San Francisco.
我看了一个讲探长的电影
In the film I saw, it was the chief of detectives.
我想我们用十秒钟左右的时间说枪杀
I think we’ve got about 10 seconds on the shooting itself.
片子全长1小时25分
The whole thing is 1:25.
-什么时候能做出来 -大概4点50
-What does that come out? -About 4:50.
-我们用不用琳奈·弗门 -第二部分吧
-We using Squeaky Fromme? -Let’s do that in two.
叽嘎姑娘上了机场大巴
Squeaky, Ford at the airport, bump.
说旧金山时你用了张地图
Now, you using a map going into San Francisco?
我觉得用报纸更好
Um, I prefer our news pics.
还剩什么没说
What have we got left?
枪♥支♥管制 帕迪·哈斯特的口供
Gun control, Patty Hearst affidavit.
乍得的游击队 圭亚那的石油输出国组织
Guerrillas in Chad, OPEC in Vienna.
你好 霍华德 过得怎么样 -还好
-Hello, Howard, how are you? -Hi. Okay.
别忘了 霍华德 第16条我们不说
Don’t forget, Howard, Ron Nessen is now 16, okay?
福特总统18天前遭受第一次袭击
The first attempt on President Ford’s life was 18 days ago
昨天在旧金山 他遭受了第二次袭击
and again yesterday in San Francisco.
尽管如此 福特总统仍然表示
In spite of the two attempts
他不会因此被吓得躲在总统办公室里不出来
Mr. Ford says he will not become a prisoner of the Oval Office
也不会成为那些冒充的杀手的人♥质♥
a hostage of would-be assassins.
美国人♥民♥是善良的
The American people are good people:
无论是民♥主♥党 无党派 共和党还是别的什么党的
Democrats, Independents, Republicans and others.
-你干吗跟那一类人搞到一起 -我不知道
How the hell you always get mixed up. -Under no circumstances will I.
你这么正点 怎么不换换新口味 我怎么样
and I hope no others, capitulate to those that want to undercut what’s all good in America.
告诉霍华德 2号♥
Two, cue Howard.
观众朋友们 我想先利用一点时间跟大家告别
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to announce
两周后我就不再主持这个节目了
that I will be retiring from this program in two weeks’ time
因为收视率太低
because of poor ratings.
而这个节目是我生活的全部意义
Since this show was the only thing I had going for me in my life
-所以 我决定自杀 -所以, 她说了什么
I have decided to kill myself. So, what did she say?
一周后 我会在节目中开枪自杀
I’m gonna blow my brains out right on this program, a week from today.
插入10秒钟广♥告♥
Ten seconds to commercial.
记住锁定下周二的节目
So tune in next Tuesday.
这样 还有一周的时间来提高节目的收视率
That should give the public-relations people a week to promote the show.
我们一定会有一个非常高的收视率
We ought to get a hell of a rating out of that.
50%应该没什么问题
A 50 share, easy.
-听着 你们听到他说什么了吗 -说什么
-Uh, did you hear that? -What was that about?
霍华德说下周二他会在节目中开枪自杀
Howard just said he was going to blow his brains out next Tuesday.
-你说什么 -你没听见他刚才说吗
-What are you talking about? -Didn’t you hear him? He just said
霍华德说下周二他会在节目中开枪自杀
Howard just said he was going to kill himself next Tuesday.
你说下周二他会自杀 这是什么意思
What do you mean, “Howard just said he was going to kill himself next Tuesday”?
他刚才似乎是跟观众做了最后的道别
He was supposed to do a tag on Ron Nessen–
他说 锁定下周二的节目 我会在节目中自杀
He said, “Tune in next Tuesday. I’m gonna shoot myself.”
到底怎么回事
What the hell’s going on?
他说他要一枪打爆自己的头
He said he was going to blow his brains out.
霍华德 你到底他妈是怎么回事儿
What the fuck’s going on, Howard?
他们想知道发生了什么事 霍华德
-They wanna know what the fuck’s going on.
我听不见你说什么
-I can’t hear you.
-转到麦克演播室 -别走开 马上回来
-Turn the studio mike on. -We’re back on in 11 seconds.
-十秒 -你在干什么 你疯了吗
-Ten seconds. -Howard, what are you doing? Have you flipped?
-我们最好把他换下来 -拉他下来
-I think we better get him off. -Get him off.
-把你们的脏手拿开 -把声音关掉
-What’s the matter with you? -Get your fucking hands off. -Turn the sound off.
他现在还在直播
He’s going out live!
-嵌入2号♥画面 -我们这出了点问题
-This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. -That’s my head.
转到待机画面
Go to standby. You dumb schmuck!
娄 我们不能把门厅的人赶走吗
Lou, can’t we clear out that downstairs lobby?
那里至少有上百人
There must be a hundred people.
你叫我怎么赶 全是电视台和广播公♥司♥
How? Every TV station and wire service in the city.
我都差点进不来了
I could barely get in.
-亚瑟 有什么情况发生 -就快有了
-Arthur, anything litigable? -Not so far.
弗兰克·哈克特进来了 我们得中止节目
Frank just walked in. We had to abort. What could we do?
到目前已经超过900个电♥话♥
He’s talking to Wheeler. Over 900 phone calls
投诉主持人的用语太不文明
complaining about foul language.
-你把它放在那一版了 -哈克特进来了
-Come on, Mickey, what page are you putting it on? -Hackett just walked in.
又是美国广播公♥司♥
ABC again, they want the tape.
让他们去死吧 你也是 马蒂
Tell him to go fuck himself. That goes for you too.
你从现在开始就不用再上节目了
You’re off the air as of now.
-他找你的 -谁顶比厄的位置
-He wants to talk to you. -Who’s replacing Beale tomorrow?
-我们把斯♥诺♥登惹毛了 -大家都等会儿
-We’re flying Snowden up from Washington. -Everybody, hold it.
我们看其他的公♥司♥怎么说这事儿
Let’s see how the other networks handle this.
10点新闻一开头就是这事儿
Ten o’clock news opened with it.
晚上好 霍华德·比厄
Good evening. Howard Beale, one of television’s.
他们都会把这个当主打新闻的
They’re all gonna make it their lead story.
今晚霍华德·比厄在《无线新闻》节目播出时说
Howard Beale interrupted his Network News program tonight
他宣称将要自杀
to announce that he was gonna kill himself.
我们的兄弟台联合广播公♥司♥ 今晚出了件大事
An unusual thing happened at one of our sister networks, UBS, this evening.
我们怎么办
How are we handling it?
哈洛维会在节目最后声明说
Halloway’s going to make a brief statement at the end of the show

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!