Oh, in a fashion.
这是我两周内参加的第三个葬礼了
This is the, uh, third funeral I’ve been to in two weeks.
我还经常去看看 两个躺在医院里的朋友
I have two other friends in the hospital whom I visit regularly
还参加了两个洗礼仪式
and, uh, been to a couple of christenings.
似乎我所有的朋友要不是去世 就是有了孙子
All my friends seem to be dying or having grandchildren.
你自己也应该有孙子了
You should be a grandfather yourself about now.
你不是有个怀孕的女儿在西雅图吗
You have a pregnant daughter in Seattle, don’t you?
预产期就是这几天
Any day now.
我妻子已经去那边了 就等着生了
My wife’s out there for the occasion.
我想了很多次给不给你打电♥话♥
I’ve thought many times of calling you.
我多希望你真的打了
I wish you had.
我上个礼拜在电梯里遇到西比尔·苏斯塞尔
You know, I bumped into Sibyl the Soothsayer in the elevator last week.
我说 你知道 西比尔 大约四个月前
I said, “You know, Sibyl, about four months ago you predicted
你预言我会和一个表情冷峻的中年男子有感情纠葛
I would get involved with a craggy, middle-aged man
到现在为止 除了一个美好的夜晚
and so far, all that’s happened has been
其他什么也没发生
one many-splendored night.
我不认为这就叫感情纠葛
I don’t call that ‘getting involved.”‘
她说 别担心 会发生的
And she said, “Don’t worry, you will.”
是个美好的夜晚 是不是 麦克斯
It was a many-splendored night, wasn’t it, Max?
是的
Yes, it was.
我们会继续下去吗
Are we going to get involved, Max?
会的 我很想继续下去
Yes. I need to become involved very much.
你呢
How about you?
我无数次抓起电♥话♥想打给你
I’ve reached for the phone to call you a hundred times.
但我把你的新闻秀抢走了 我怕你恨我
I was sure you hated me for my part in taking your news show away.
我以前可能是 但我现在不清楚我是不是还这样想
I probably did. I don’t know anymore.
我现在唯一清楚的是
All I know is,
我已经无法把你从我心里抹去了
I can’t get you out of my mind.
马蒂 我知道全国广播公♥司♥开价多少
Marty. Marty, I know what NBC offered them
我们开350万 我希望第三轮我们能超过他们
so I’m saying go to 3.5 and I want an option for a third run on all of them.
我现在很着急
Marty, I’m in a big hurry
你和查理商量这个就够了
and you and Charlie are supposed to be negotiating this
拜拜 祝你好运 下周一见
so goodbye, good luck, I’ll see you Monday.
-吉米·坎的经理人说了决不同意 -你可以搞定的
-Jimmy Caan’s agent just called and says absolutely nix. -Can’t win them all.
今天晚点儿的时候我到哪里找你
Where can I reach you later?
你找不着 我整个周末都不在
You can’t. I’ll be gone all weekend.
全国广播公♥司♥给1套5部的007系列影片的
NBC’s offering $3.25 mil per package
开价是325万
of five James Bond movies
我想我们第三轮可以用350万偷偷赢了他们
and I think I’m gonna steal them for $3.5 million with a third run.
我想把《毛♥泽♥东♥时间》插在8点档
And I’m gonna stick The Mao Tse-Tung Hour in at 8
因为我们很难把《毛♥泽♥东♥时间》卖♥♥出去
because we’re having a lot of trouble selling The Mao Tse-Tung Hour.
这个节目就好像肉中刺一样
That Mao Tse-Tung Hour’s turning into one big pain in the ass.
我们现在与联邦政♥府♥有很严重的法律上的矛盾
We’re having heavy legal problems with the federal government right now.
两个联邦调查局的家伙出现在哈克特的办公室里
Two FBI guys turned up in Hackett’s office last week
给我们一张传票
and served us with a subpoena.
他们听说了我们有旗帜独♥立♥银行的抢劫录像
They heard about our Flagstaff bank rip-off film
他们想要
and they want it.
哈克特让他们滚
Hackett told the FBI to fuck off.
我们和新闻部一起做节目时
No, but we’re getting around the FBI
把中♥央♥情报局的人带得团团转
by doing the show in collaboration with the news division.
我们支持第一条修正案 新闻出版自♥由♥
We’re standing on the First Amendment, Freedom of the Press
以及保护给我们提供消息的人
and the right to protect our sources.
沃尔特认为我们可以摆脱隐匿犯人这一重罪的指控
Walter thinks we can knock out the misprision of felony charge. Ha, ha.
可是他说一定不同意 做这个系列片
But he says absolutely nix on going to series.
他们会用”共谋诱导犯罪”的罪名攻击我们
They’ll hit us with conspiracy and inducement to commit a crime.
这儿真冷啊
Christ, it’s cold in here.
我们每周给”普世解♥放♥军♥” 那群傻子1万块钱
See, we’re paying these nuts from the Ecumenical Liberation Army
就为了从他们那里获得
$10,000 a week in order to turn in authentic film footage
激进组织活动的录影带
of their revolutionary activities
这不构成”诱导犯罪”
and that can constitute inducement to commit a crime.
沃尔特说我们都得在联邦监狱里 过下半辈子
And Walter says we’ll all wind up in federal prison.
我说 沃尔特 让联邦政♥府♥告我们吧
I said, “Walter, let the government sue us.
我们和他们一直打到最高法庭
Let the federal government sue us. We’ll take them to the Supreme Court.
我们就会上头版了
We’ll be front page, mm, for months.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》
The New York Times and The Washington Post
都会发表社论
will be writing two editorials a week about us.
我们会一连几个月都上头版 比水门事件的曝光率还高
We’ll be front page for months. We’ll have more press than Watergate.”
我们需要做的只是 六个星期的联邦诉讼
All I need is six weeks’ federal litigation
《毛♥泽♥东♥时间》也可以开始有它自己的时间档了
and The Mao Tse-Tung Hour can start carrying its own time slot.
现在唯一让我不知道怎么办的
What’s really bugging me now
就是我日间的节目安排
is my daytime programming.
全国广播公♥司♥有很多的游戏竞赛类节目
NBC’s got a lock on daytime
牢牢锁住了日间收视群
with their lousy game shows
我想打败他们
and I’d like to bust them.
我正在构思一部同性恋的肥皂剧 就叫《女同性恋者》
I’m thinking of doing a homosexual soap opera.
讲一个令人心碎的长篇故事
The Dykes. The heart-rendering saga about
一个女人绝望地爱着她丈夫的情妇
a woman hopelessly in love with her husband’s mistress.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
你们一起有多长时间了
How long has it been going on?
一个月
A month.
我以为它会是一时的 一周就会忘掉
I thought it was a transient thing, blow over in a week.
我仍然向上帝祷告
And I still pray to God
祷告这只是因为更年期的昏头昏脑
it’s just a menopausal infatuation.
可是这真不是昏头昏脑 路易丝
But it is an infatuation, Louise.
我从没说过我不会再见她 因为我做不到
There’s no sense in my saying I won’t see her again, because I will.
你想让我离开这个家吗 去住宾馆
Do you want me to leave? Check into a hotel?
你爱她吗
Do you love her?
我不知道我到底是什么感觉
I don’t know how I feel.
我能感到我是愉快的
I’m grateful I can feel anything.
我知道我对她很着迷
I know I’m obsessed with her.
那就说你爱她
Then say it.
不要一直跟我说你很着迷 你昏头昏脑
Don’t keep telling me that you’re obsessed, that you’re infatuated.
说你已经爱上她了
Say that you’re in love with her.
我已经爱上她了
I’m in love with her.
那请出去
Then get out!
去任何你想去的地方 去和她一起住 别再回来
Go anywhere you want. Go to a hotel, go live with her, but don’t come back.
因为我们花了25年的时间
Because after 25 years of building a home
建立和经营这个家
and raising a family and all the senseless pain
我们都曾带给彼此巨大的伤痛
that we have inflicted on each other, I’m damned if I’m gonna stand here
所以如果让我站在这里听你说
and have you tell me
你爱上了别人 我会下地狱的
you’re in love with somebody else.
是和你的秘书照老样子 过了一个周末
Because this isn’t a convention weekend with your secretary, is it?
还是多喝了几杯烂醉之后 看上了某个妓♥女♥
Or some broad that you picked up after three belts of booze.
这就是你所谓的”冬日恋曲”吧
This is your great winter romance, isn’t it?
是你在退休前最后的激♥情♥释放吧
Your last roar of passion before you settle into your emeritus years.
这就是你留给我的 这就是我应该得的
Is that what’s left for me? Is that my share?
她得到了冬日的激♥情♥ 我得到的却是老糊涂
She gets the winter passion and I get the dotage.
我本来应该坐在家里织织毛衣
What am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to sit home knitting
等着你像某些后悔喝醉酒的人一样 偷偷溜进家门
and purling while you slink back like some penitent drunk?
我才是你老婆 他妈的
I’m your wife, damn it.
如果你和我有一段冬日激♥情♥的话
If you can’t work up a winter passion for me
至少这是受人尊重的 是忠诚的
the least I require is respect and allegiance.
我很受伤害 你明不明白
I hurt, don’t you understand that?
我受到了巨大的伤害
I hurt badly.
说句话啊你 看在老天的份儿上
Oh, say something, for God’s sake.
我没什么可说的
I’ve got nothing to say.
我不会这么容易就放手的
I won’t give you up easily, Max.
我想最好你搬出去
I think perhaps it is better if you move out.
她爱你吗
Does she love you, Max?
我不知道她有没有任何真正的情感
I’m not sure she’s capable of any real feelings.
她是看电视长大的一代
She’s television generation.
跟着兔八哥学习怎么生活
She learned life from Bugs Bunny.
她以为的现实就像电视里演的那样
The only reality she knows comes to her over the TV set.
她很仔细地给我们每个人都设计好了剧本
She’s very carefully devised a number of scenarios
让我们就像电影里那样 扮演自己的角色
for all of us to play, like the Movie of the Week.
我的天 看看我们
My God, look at us, Louise.
我们现在就在上演 受到冷落的妻子
Here we are going through the obligatory middle of Act 2
把犯了错误的丈夫赶出家门 这一幕的第二场戏
scorned-wife-throws peccant-husband-out scene.
但是别担心 我最后会回来的
But don’t worry, I’ll come back to you in the end.
她的剧本里我的情节是离开她 回到你身边
All of her plot outlines have me leaving her
因为抛弃美好家庭这种故事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!