and coming back to you, because the audience won’t buy
观众不会买♥♥账的
a rejection of the happy American family.
她还有个剧本 那里面我自杀了
She does have one script in which I kill myself.
是一个改变成电视版的《安娜·卡列尼娜》
An adapted for television version of Anna Karenina
她是弗龙斯基伯爵 我是安娜
where she’s Count Vronsky and I’m Anna.
可怕的悲伤把你陷进去了 麦克斯
You’re in for some dreadful grief, Max.
我知道
I know.
《毛♥泽♥东♥时间》在3月14日正式播出
The Mao Tse-Tung Hour went on the air March 14.
收视率高达47%
It received a 47 share.
电视公♥司♥迅速地提交了15套节目 还有10套备选
The network promptly committed to 15 shows with an option for 10 more.
有一些常见的契约上的问题
There were the usual contractual difficulties.
收视率是20%
“Equal to 20 percent, 20,
而90分钟或更长的电视节目
except that such percentages shall be 30 percent, 30
应该有30%的收视率
for 90-minute or longer television programs.”
我们搞定那个次级许可证了吗
Have we settled that sublicensing thing?
我们这里需要一个明确的定义
We want a clear definition here.
毛收入应该包括获得次级许可证的人
“Gross proceeds should consist of
所收到的全部资金
all funds the sublicensee receives
而不仅仅是付给
not merely the net amount remitted
获得次级许可证的人或者是销♥售♥者的净支出
after payment to the sublicensee or distributor.”
我们不能就这样看着全部的管理费用都花在成本份额上
We’re not sitting still for overhead charges as a cost prior to distribution.
我的份额碰都不许碰
Don’t fuck with my distribution costs.
我的节目每个环节可以挣21.5万
I’m making a lousy 215 per segment.
我每周已经亏麦德龙2.5万了
I’m already deficiting $25,000 a week with Metro!
我还得付给威廉姆·莫利斯总收入里的10%
I’m paying William Morris 10 percent off the top!
每个环节得给这个摆臭架子的人1万
I’m giving this turkey $10,000
得给这个神经病5千
and another five to this fruitcake.
海伦 不要再跟我说这事儿了
Don’t start no shit with me about a piece.
所有的国外的还有加拿大的份额 我给麦德龙20%
I’m paying Metro 20 percent for all foreign and Canadian distribution
还是扣除以后的
after recoupment.
在辛迪加犯罪集团之前
The Communist Party’s not gonna see a nickel
共♥产♥党不会见到这个节目的一毛钱
until we go into syndication!
共♥产♥党的加入 每周的生产成本多了7500
Come on, Laureen. The Party’s in for 7500 a week production expenses.
我不会给这些假的叛乱者钱的
I’m not giving this pseudo-insurrectionary sectarian a piece of my show.
我不会给他剧本 也不会把他算到我的份额里
I’m not giving him script approval. I’m not cutting him in on my distribution charges.
他妈的你这个种族主义者
You fucking fascist!
你看了我们拍的圣马力诺监狱
Did you see the film we made
犯人强行越狱的片子了吗
of San Marino jail breakout
代表了有种的囚犯阶级 下层组织的叛变
demonstrating the rising up of the seminal prisoner-class infrastructure?
你可以带着你那有种的囚犯阶级
You can blow the seminal prisoner-class infrastructure
下层组织从这儿滚出去
out your ass!
我不会降低我的份额的
I’m not knocking down my goddamn distribution charges.
好了 就同意她所要份额的那些条款吧
Man, give her the fucking overhead clause.
说出来谁会相信
Who’s gonna believe this?
我们回到22页 第五点 小a
Let’s get back to Page 22, 5, small “A”,
“补充权利”
Subsidiary Rights.
-我们说到哪里了 -22页中间 “补充权利”
-Where are we now? -Page 22, middle of the page. Subsidiary Rights.
据此”补充权利”说明没有限制
“‘Subsidiary rights’ means without limitation any and all rights.”
在过去的两天里
Over the past two days,
你们都见过了 戴安娜·克里斯滕森
you’ve all had opportunity to meet Diana Christensen
我们负责制片的副♥主♥席♥
our vice president in charge of programming.
今天下午 你们都看了一些 她为下一季所安排的节目
This afternoon, you all saw some of the stuff she’s set up for the new season.
众所周知她是《霍华德·比厄秀》背后的女人
You all know that she is the woman behind the Howard Beale Show.
她很漂亮
We all know she’s beautiful.
很聪明
We all know she’s brainy.
我想 在我们开始切牛排之前
I was thinking, before we start digging into our Chateaubriands
让她看看我们对她的敬仰之情
let’s show her how we feel about her.
最好的电视节目是我们的
We have the number-one show in television!
明年的这个时候 我会站在这说
At next year’s affiliates’ meeting
最好的5个电视节目都是我们的
I’ll be standing here telling you we’ve got the top five.
去年 我们是排行第四的电视台
Last year, we were the number-four network
明年 我们会是第一
next year we’re number one!
我们第一
We’re number one! We’re number one!
我们第一
We’re number one!
现在是洛杉矶时间7点
It is exactly 7:00 here in Los Angeles.
这个城市里有超过100万的家庭
And right now, over a million homes using television in this city
把他们的电视换到了3频道
are turning their dials to Channel 3
就是我们的频道
and that’s our channel!
霍华德·比厄
Howard Beale!
停下来 停下来
Stop it, stop it!
听我说 仔细听
Now you listen to me.
因为我今天要说的是你的生活
And listen carefully because this is your goddamn life I’m talking about today.
在我们这个国家
In this country,
当一个公♥司♥想要接管另一个公♥司♥的时候
when one company wants to take over another company
他们只需要买♥♥入这家公♥司♥股票
they buy up a controlling
使他们的股票份额达到最高就行了
share of the stock
但是他们首先得跟政♥府♥提交书面报告
but first they have to file notice with the government.
美国通讯公♥司♥就是这样接管我们这家电视公♥司♥的
That’s how CCA took over the company that owns this network.
但是现在有人收♥购♥美国通讯公♥司♥
But now, somebody’s buying up CCA.
一个叫做西部世界基金有限公♥司♥的家伙
Somebody called the Western World Funding Corporation.
他们今天已经提出书面报告了
They filed the notice this morning.
这个西部世界基金有限公♥司♥里 到底都是些什么人
Well, just who in the hell is the Western World Funding Corporation?
它是个由银行和保险公♥司♥组成的财团
It is a consortium of banks and insurance companies
买♥♥美国通讯公♥司♥不是他们自己想买♥♥的
who are not buying CCA for themselves,
他们只是别人的代理人
but as agents for somebody else.
那这个别人又是谁 他们不会告诉你
Who is this somebody else? They won’t tell you.
他们不会告诉你 也不会告诉参议院
They won’t tell you, they won’t tell the Senate
不会告诉证券交易委员会
they won’t tell the SEC, the FTC,
不会告诉联邦通讯委员会和司法部
they won’t tell the Justice Department.
我是哈克特 是不是有个纽约来的找我的电♥话♥
This is Mr. Hackett. Do you have a New York call for me?
你能把声音开小一点吗
Do you wanna turn that down, please?
我来告诉你们他们是 给谁买♥♥的美国通讯公♥司♥
I will tell you who they’re buying CCA for.
是给沙特阿♥拉♥伯投资公♥司♥
They’re buying it for the Saudi Arabian Investment Corporation.
他们是给阿♥拉♥伯人买♥♥的
They’re buying it for the Arabs!
克莱伦斯吗 我是弗兰克·哈克特 纽约那边怎么样
Clarence? Frank Hackett here. How’s everything back in New York?
你妻子怎么样
How’s the good lady?
别紧张 我不明白你说什么
All right, Clarence, take it easy. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
什么时候 今天晚上的节目
When? Tonight’s show?
克莱伦斯 别紧张
Clarence, take it easy.
这边儿《霍华德·比厄秀》正在播出
The Howard Beale Show is just going on out here.
你们比我们早3个小时看到
You guys get it three hours earlier in New York.
克莱伦斯 别紧张
Clarence, take it easy.
别紧张 我怎么看得到 现在正在播
How the hell could I see it? It’s just going on now!
杰森先生什么时候打的电♥话♥
When did Mr. Jensen call?
我们都知道阿♥拉♥伯人
We all know that the Arabs
拥有我们国家160亿的财富
control $16 billion in this country.
他们在第五大道上有很多店面
They own a chunk of 5th Avenue
在波士顿市中心有20多个
twenty downtown pieces of Boston.
他们拥有新奥尔良港的一部分 盐湖城的工业园
A part of the port of New Orleans. An industrial park in Salt Lake City.
拥有亚特兰大希尔顿酒店
They own big hunks of the Atlanta Hilton,
亚利桑那土地家畜公♥司♥
the Arizona Land and Cattle Company
加利福尼亚国♥家♥安♥全♥银行
part of a bank in California
底特律的联邦银行的大部分股份
the Bank of the Commonwealth in Detroit.
他们还控制着阿♥拉♥伯-美国石油公♥司♥
They control Aramco,
进而控制着埃克森德士古和美孚的原油
so that puts them into Exxon, Texaco and Mobil Oil.
他们到处都是 新泽西 路易威尔
They’re all over! New Jersey, Louisville,
圣路易斯 密苏里
St. Louis, Missouri
而且这还是我们知道的
and that’s only what we know about.
我们不知道的还有很多
There’s a hell of a lot more we don’t know about.
因为所有的阿♥拉♥伯石油美元
Because all of those Arab petrol dollars are washed
都通过瑞士加拿大 还有我们国家最大的银行洗过
through Switzerland and Canadaand the biggest banks in this country.
比如说 我们不知道这个美国通讯公♥司♥的交易
For example, what we don’t know about is this CCA deal
还有其他的美国通讯公♥司♥的交易
and all the other CCA deals.
现在阿♥拉♥伯人已经榨取了我们足够的美元
Right now the Arabs have screwed us out of enough American dollars
有一天他们会带着我们的钱回来
to come right back and, with our own money,
买♥♥通用汽车 国际商用机器公♥司♥
buy General Motors, IBM,
国际电♥话♥电♥信♥公♥司♥ 电报电♥话♥公♥司♥
ITT, AT&T,
杜邦财团 美国钢铁公♥司♥ 还有其他20家美国公♥司♥
Dupont, U.S. Steel and 20 other American companies.
他们已经买♥♥下半个英国了
Hell, they already own half of England.
听我说
Listen to me.
听我说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!