No, I’m okay, Johnny, thanks.
钱宁叔叔给你的礼物
Present from your Uncle Johnny.
大麦 明早分配工作时 把泰瑞分在顶楼
And Mac, tomorrow morning when you shape the men, put Terry up in the loft.
第一名 每天都一样
Number one. Every day.
舒服的工作 报到之后就可以去喝咖啡偷懒
It’s nice, easy work if you check in and goof off on a coffee bag.
好吗?
Okay?
别忘了这里有个
You got a real friend here.
真正的朋友
Now don’t forget it.
他怎么会忘记?
Why should he forget it?
谢了 钱宁
Thanks, Johnny.
好 发薪日
All right, payday.
罗尼
Rony.
马罗
Mac.
泰瑞
Hi, Terry.
-小子 -我正想来喂它们
-Hi, kid. -I was just going to feed them.
我喂过了
I already fed them.
你一定起得很早
You must’ve been up early?
我想既然起来了 就喂一下吧
I was up anyhow, so I figured I might as well.
它们真好命
They sure got it made.
吃饭 睡觉 到处乱飞 然后扶养幼鸽
Eating, sleeping, flying around like crazy, raising gobs of squabs.
我得上班了
Well, I better get over there.
水别洒在地上 它们会感冒的
Be careful. Don’t spill no water on the floor. I don’t want them to catch cold.
回头见
I’ll see you around.
东尼 给我筹码
Come on, Tony, give me the tabs.
道尔曾是好孩子
He was a good boy, that Doyle kid.
所以头才会被砸
Sure he was, that’s why he got it in the head.
他就是学不会闭嘴
But he couldn’t learn to keep his mouth shut.
老爹 怎么不回家?
Hey, Pop, why don’t you go home?
孩子们今天的工作会很开心
The boys at work today will be chipping in gladly.
不 伙计们 我要的形状
No thanks, fellas, I’m gonna shape.
你认为是谁会付丧礼的钱?
Who do you think’ll pay for the funeral?
劳工首领钱宁·凡利会的
Johnny Friendly, the “great labour leader.”
嘴巴闭上
Why don’t you keep that big mouth of yours shut?
你自以为聪明吗?
What are you, a wise guy?
聪明的话就不会待了30年
If I was wise, I wouldn’t be no longshoreman for 30 years.
我比刚来时还穷
I’m poorer now than when I started.
-聪明鬼 -大嘴巴
-Wise guy. -Big mouth.
别惹他们
Don’t mess with those guys.
乔的挡风外套 迟早派上用场
I brought you Joey’s windbreaker. It might come in handy.
-来 穿上 -谢了
-Go ahead, wear it. -Thanks, Pop.
我的早就破破烂烂了
Mine’s more full of holes than the Pittsburgh infield.
乔 有件外套要给你
Hey, Joe, I got a coat for you.
你认识泰瑞·马罗吗?
Do you know Terry Malloy?
不认识 没听过
No, I don’t. Never heard of him.
你不就是泰瑞·马罗吧?
You’re Terry Malloy, aren’t you?
那又怎样?
So what?
两年前我不是看过你打拳吗?
Didn’t I see you fight a couple of years ago?
废话少说 你想干嘛?
Without the birdseed, what do you want?
我的证件
Identification.
海岸犯罪委员会
Waterfront Crime Commission. What’s that?
我有几个问题
I just want to ask you a few questions.
我们要办黑社会
We’ll hold public hearings on waterfront crime…
及其渗入工会的听证会
and underworld infiltration of longshore unions.
-我一无所知 -听听看问题
-I don’t know nothing. -You haven’t heard the questions yet.
-你说什么? -你听到我说的了
-What did you say? -You heard me.
传说你是乔生前见到的最后一个人
There’s a rumour that you’re one of the last people to see Joey Doyle alive.
不知道
I don’t know nothing.
又没人指控你
Nobody’s accusing you of anything, Mr. Malloy.
我希望你了解
I hope you understand that.
只想跟你问几个人
Just want to ask you some questions about some people you may know.
-我认识的人? -对
-People I may know. -That’s right.
-老兄 最好离开这里 -别激动 小子
-You better get out of here, buster! -Slow down, boy.
我什么都不知道 也不会说…
I don’t know nothing, I ain’t seen nothing, and I’m not saying nothing.
带着你女友离开吧
Why don’t you and your girlfriend take off.
好吧 马罗先生
All right, Mr. Malloy!
你有权利不说
You’ve every right not to talk if that’s what you choose to do.
-可是大众也有知道真♥相♥的权利 -是啊
-The public has a right to know the facts. -Yeah.
后会有期了
We’ll be seeing you again.
最好以后不见 矮子
Never’s going to be too much soon for me, Shorty.
别激动
Take it easy.
那些无赖把我当卧底鸽子
How do you like them mutts taking me for a pigeon.
-他是谁? -不知道
-Who is it? -I don’t know who they are.
你已经迟三周了 可是我愿意碰运气
You’re three weeks behind on the last $25, but I’m willing to take a chance.
一周十分利 他必定愿意等才能保住饭碗
Some chance at ten percent a week and if we don’t borrow, we don’t work.
希望你在地狱里面烂掉 JP
May you rot in hell, JP.
等我死了 你就知道我有多好
When I’m dead and gone, you’ll know what a friend I was.
去死吧 这样才能证明你讲的话
Why don’t you drop dead now, so we can test your theory?
节哀
Condolences.
老爹 你看
Hey, Pop, look.
吹吧 东尼
Let her go, Tony.
我觉得我昨天说话有些鲁莽
I guess I spoke out of turn last night.
你以为我是个有外快的神父 对不对?
You think I’m just a gravy-train rider with a turned-around collar, don’t you?
那些修女教你不要说谎
I see the sisters taught you not to lie.
顶楼 马罗
All right. Loft gang: Malloy…
韩瑞 卡尤斯基
Hendriks, Padowski…
魏斯菲 马奎尔
Westerfield, McGuier.
我想过你的问题 你说的对
I’ve been thinking about your question, and you’re right, Edie.
这是我的教区
This is my parish.
不知道我能做多少 除非自己来
I don’t know how much I can do, but I’ll never find out…
否则我永远都不知道
unless I come down here and take a good look for myself.
我还要一些香蕉搬运工
I need some extra banana carriers.
又是香蕉
Bananas again.
不知道我们何时才有爱尔兰的威士忌货船
I wonder when we’ll get a boat from Ireland with good Irish whiskey on it.
杜根 你又在作梦了
Dugan, my boy, you’re dreaming again.
好了 凯利 瑞奇
All right. Kelly. Richie.
对 你
Yeah, you.
怎么了? 今天没人想上工?
What’s the matter? Nobody want to work today?

Yeah, you.
我要怎样才能领到一天的薪水?
Who do you see to get a day’s pay around here?
-挤成一团 -就是啊
-Meatballs. -Definitely.
过来
Come here.
泰瑞 抓住那一个
Hey, Terry, grab that one!
给我
Give me that.
走开
Get away!
-给我 -为什么?
-Give it to me! -Why?
给我 拿给我
Give it to me!
你凭什么?
What makes you so special?
事情越来越好了
Things are looking up on the dock.
你不认识她么? 她是乔的妹妹
Don’t you recognise her? That’s Joey Doyle’s sister.
给我
Give me that.
-你是乔·道尔的妹妹? -对
-You’re Joey Doyle’s sister? -Yes, I am.
你今天也不想工作
You don’t wanna go to work today anyhow.
很高兴和你摔角
It’s been nice wrestling with you.
依荻
Edie!
老爹 这是你的筹码 拿去
Pop. Here’s your tab, take it.
我可以用得上
All right, give it to me. I can use it.
快回到属于你的修女那里去
Now get back to the sisters where you belong.
神父 你让我很惊讶…
I’m surprised at you, Father, if you don’t mind my saying so.
让好女孩看不该看的事情
Letting her see things ain’t fit for the eyes of a decent girl.
就这样 明天再来
All right, that’s all. Come back tomorrow.
你们现在怎么办?
What do you do now?
明天再来
Like Big Mac said, come back tomorrow.
明天? 明天没船
Tomorrow? No ship tomorrow.
我已经来五天了 那个流氓…
I’ve been standing here for five straight mornings and that bum there…
-你不能在这里闲晃 -快离开
-Come on, get out of here! -looks right through you.
-抱歉神父 我不是故意的 -你们打算怎么办?
-I’m sorry, Father, I didn’t mean it. -What do you want to do?
去喝酒吧
Come on, let’s go get a ball.
等一下 你们就这样算了吗?
Wait a minute. Is this all you do, just take it like this?
你们的工会呢?
What about your unions?
国内没有工会允许这种情形
No other union in the country’d stand for a thing like that.
码头比较难搞 它不是美国的一部分

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!