Berkeley, what about your Somalis?
你的索马利人呢?
They’d make very good scouts. We can cover the area here to the border.
他们可以做侦察兵 侦察从这到边境的区域
We can gather information for when the regulars arrive.
我们可以在英军到达时 帮忙收集军情
What’s it about? Have you any idea?
你晓得这是为什么吗?
Not really. Then why do you want to get into it?
不晓得 那你为何要介入呢?
It’s got nothing to do with us.
这与我们完全无关
They’ve made agreements we know nothing about.
我们对他们的协议一无所知
Victoria and the Kaiser were relatives, for God’s sake.
维多利亚与凯瑟还是亲戚呢
They divided Africa between them. Do you know why there’s a border?
他们俩分割了非洲 你晓得为何有个边界?
‘Cause she had two mountains and he had none.
因她有两座山 而他没有
So she gave him Kilimanjaro.
所以她将吉利满加罗山给他
It’s a silly argument between two spoiled countries.
这是两个骄横的国家间的无谓争议
The sooner we do this, the sooner it ends, the sooner we pick up where we left off.
我们早开始就早结束 我们也可早恢复正常
It may end.
可能会结束
But we’re not gonna pick up where we left off.
但我们不可能恢复正常
You don’t have to go! You want to go!
你不必去是你要去的
We’ve got to live here.
我们要在此久居
They don’t want you. They don’t know where we stand.
他们不要你 他们不晓得我们的立场
I’m not so fond of their empire I’d have you shot for it.
我不喜欢他们的帝国 我不要你为它中弹
More likely chewed on than shot.
我们较会被欺侮
The farm will take care of itself, and you’ve got Belknap.
农场可以自力更生 况且你还有伯纳
The farm will not take care of itself.
农场无法自力更生
That’s not the point.
那不重要
I didn’t expect to like you so much.
我没想到会如此喜欢你
You’re not going to go falling in love, are you?
你不会坠入爱河了吧?
Not with someone who’s always leaving.
不会与一个老不在家的
If you need me, send a runner to find Delamere.
你需要我时 就派个脚夫去找德拉米…
That’s where I’ll be.
我会在那里
That’s a fine kiss goodbye. I’m better at hello.
好一个吻别 我比较会迎接
It’s an odd feeling, farewell.
离别是种奇特的感觉
There is some envy in it.
里头有份钦羡
Men go off to be tested for courage.
男人上战场去考验勇气
But if we’re tested at all it’s for patience…
如果我们有被考验 那就是耐心…
for doing without…
永无止境的耐心…
perhaps for how well we can endure Ioneliness.
考验我们如何忍♥受孤寂
But I had always known that.
我早就晓得那道理
It didn’t require a war.
不需要战争来启示
I said goodbye to Bror.
我与伯若道别
Denys left without a word, which was quite proper.
丹尼斯一声不吭地走了 倒也是正常
Hello, the house!
房♥子你好
Felicity.
菲莉熙
I thought you might want some meat.
我想你可能要听些马路消息
Is there any word?
前线有消息吗?
Nothing new. There’s not much fighting. Awful fever, though.
没新消息 没什么战斗 倒是有热病
I’ve got time for tea, I should think.
我有点时间 可喝杯茶
Are you for the Germans?
你支持德国吗?
Did they send you out to ask me this?
他们派你来问我这?
We had a row about it in town. Because of my bad English.
城里的人为此大为争议 因为我的英文不灵光
And whose side were you on?
那你又站哪边?
Yours.
你那边
They want to send me home to school. Mother says I’m growing up wild.
他们要送我回家上学 母亲说我变野了
I wanted to ask you about it. Me?
我要来请教你 我?
You’ve been around and about.
你人生经验丰富
Some day, I’d like to run my own show the way you do.
将来我也要像你一样 经营自己的事业
Is that what I do? You don’t seem to need us much.
我是那样吗? 你好像不怎么需要我们
May I ask you something?
我能问你一件事吗?
I don’t know much about men.
我不太懂男人
I want them to like me, but I…
我要他们喜欢我
I want to be let alone, too.
但同时 又要有自己的空间
I’m supposed to want to be taken, aren’t I?
我想要男人来采拮 不是吗?
I’ve got this book…
我有一本书…
but how do you know when to do what they want you to…
你怎么知道何时顺应他们所求…
and when not to?
何时不要呢?
I suppose you ought to call me Karen.
我想你该叫我凯伦
They need paraffin and tinned food. Enough for 300 men.
他们需要蜡烛及罐头食品 足够300人的
He wants you to send a white man with the wagon.
他要你送个白人带领着篷车
Is he all right?
他平安吗?
I assume. Well enough to send a message.
我想是 他还能传言
And where would my husband like this wagon sent?
我先生要将篷车送到哪?
He’s with Delamere on the border near Lake Natron.
他与德拉米一起 在靠近纳冲湖的边界
That’s confidential, of course. I would bear that in mind.
当然 那是机密 我会记得
Sorry, I only meant…
对不起 我的意思是…
it wouldn’t do for it to be talk around Nairobi.
不要到奈洛比四处宣扬
We have to move you into town. We can’t protect you here.
我们必须搬你进城 在此我们无法保护你
What do you mean, into town?
进城是什么意思?
With the men gone, we’re worried about the natives.
男人走了 我们担心这些土著
We have orders. Women and children into town.
我们有命令妇孺都进城
That is internment, Lieutenant. Women and children.
那是集中营 妇孺
Is that one category or two?
那是一类还是两类?
You’ll want time to gather your things.
你会需要时间收拾行李
I’ll send an escort here for you Thursday.
我星期四请人来此护送你
And I am a captain.
而且我是个队长
I’m not paid to fight.
我的工作不是打仗
No.

Where is Lake Natron?
纳冲湖在哪?
That’s south. Bush country. It’s no place for a white man.
在南方蛮荒地带 白人不去的地方
We should have crossed the Sand River today.
我们今天应该走过一条干河床
I may have got us lost.
我们可能迷路了
God is great.
上帝万能
What the devil are you doing here? I’m on my way to Delamere.
你们在这里做什么? 我要去找德拉米
Absurd. We don’t send women to war. Well, I’m going.
真荒唐 我们不让女人上战场的 我要去
We haven’t time for this. You don’t know where you are.
我们没时间来管你 你连在哪都不知道
I do now. And you’ll just get lost again.
现在知道了 你马上又会迷路
I’m going on.
我要走了
Talk to her, will you? No.
你劝劝她 好吗? 不要
She could be hurt or worse.
她会受伤或更糟
I imagine she knows that.
我想她了解那点
Right, I tried.
好吧 反正我尽力了
Here.
拿去
Find a spot on the horizon each morning and steer by it.
每早在地平线上找一点对着它
South-southwest.
南偏西南方向
About three days.
大概三天
I see.
我懂
And don’t worry about us, we’ll be all right.
别担心 我们没问题的
Farah.
法拉
What is it? Masai.
那一族的? 马塞
Ismail, my rifle, where’s my rifle?
我的步♥枪♥在哪?
Ismail!
伊斯美尔
Get away!
走开
Get away!
走开
Msabu’s bleeding. She does not have this ox.
夫人流血了 狮子没吃掉这头牛
This lion is hungry.
狮子很饿
He does not have this ox.
它没吃掉这头牛
This wagon is heavy. It doesn’t have this ox.
篷车很重 它离不开这头牛
God is happy. He plays with us.
老天高兴 祂在跟我们玩
Tell Blix his wife’s here.
通知伯利森 他太太来了
Hello, Karen.
哈罗 凯伦
Hello, D. Hello, Bror.
哈罗 D 哈罗 伯若
I’ve brought you some things.
我给你带来些东西
You’ve changed your hair.
你改变了发型
You needed supplies… Send someone, I said.
你需要补给… 可以叫别人送来
You were lucky to get through. It was really foolish.
你能到达是命大 这真是愚蠢
But I did get through.
但我毕竟到达了
And it was fun.
而且还蛮好玩的
When are you coming home?
你何时回家?
Not just yet.
还不能
You’re not going to help at all with the farm, are you?
你一点都不会来农场帮忙 是吧?
No.

I could force you. I could cut you off.
我可以强迫你 可以断你经济
I’ll just hunt professionally.
我就专职狩猎

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!