“Farewell, farewell! But this I tell To thee, thou Wedding-Guest!”
别了 别了 我于此告诉 婚礼的贺客…
Lay your head back.
把头向后仰
“He prayeth well, who loveth well
会祈祷的人才是会爱的人…
“Both man and bird and beast”
“不论是人或鸟会禽兽”
That’s better.
好多了
Will it be so different…
带游客去狩猎…
hunting for hire?
会不一样吗?
Not for the animals. Well, maybe for the animals.
对动物而言没差别 说不定也有差别
Do you really prefer them to people? Sometimes.
你喜欢动物胜于人吗? 有时候
They don’t do anything half-heartedly.
它们做什么都是全心全意的
Everything’s for the first time.
每件事都像是第一次
Hunting, working, mating.
猎食 工作 求偶
It’s only man that does it badly. It’s only man that tires of going through it.
只有人类做的最差 只有人类会感到厌倦
Who says, “See here. I know how you feel about me…
他会说 “听着 我了解你对我的感觉
and you know how I feel about you.
且你也了解我对你的感觉
We understand each other, so let’s lie down and get on with it.”
我们互相了解 所以让我们躺下来开始做吧”
Why am I here?
我为何在此?
Because I wanted you to see all this.
因我要你看所有的这些
I wanted to show it to you.
我要让你看这些
I thought you’d understand it.
我知道你懂得欣赏
Do you think much about death? I think about getting old.
你想过死亡吗? 我想过变老
It’d be like living with a cranky demanding old bastard.
就像跟一个坏脾气 且刻薄的老混♥蛋♥住一起
You are a cranky demanding old bastard.
你就是个坏脾气且刻薄的老混♥蛋♥
I had syphilis.
我患过梅毒
That’s why I went home.
所以我回家
I know.
我知道
I never seem to get anything. German measles once.
我从未生过任何病 只有一次德国麻疹
They say I’ll have a normal life now.
他们说我可以正常生活了…
But no children.
但不能生小孩
So the school.
所以才办学校?
So the school.
所以才办学校
The farm, that’s what I am now.
农场 我现在就是如此
No.

We’ll need meat for the camp tomorrow.
明天露营会需要些肉
I’ll wake you at dawn.
我一早叫醒你
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
We might scare up a gazelle or two.
我们可能吓着几只羚羊
But we’ll go through buffalo country again. They get cocky when you’re on foot.
但我们要再次穿过水牛区 你如果徒步它们就不在乎你
Supper. Good size, but…
晚餐 好大的一只 但是…
Lion.
狮子
Careful, the wind’s behind us.
小心 我们在上风处
Back up. Slowly.
慢慢后退
If there’s a charge, drop flat, and let me do it.
如果它冲来你就躺下 让我来对付
[Echoing] Drop!
躺下
Reload now!
再装子弹
Dinner in a while?
待会儿吃晚餐?
I’m glad you came.
我真高兴你来
To rose-lipt maidens.
醇酒如美人
There was a very young girl from Denmark…
从前有个很年轻的丹麦女孩…
who took passage on a steamer bound for Suez.
她登上了一艘 开往苏伊士运河的邮轮
There was a storm…
在摩洛哥的海上…
off Morocco…
遇上了暴风雨
and she was washed ashore onto a beach.
她被冲到岸上的海滩
Onto a white beach.
一个白色沙滩
Onto a beach so white…
一个好白的白色沙滩…
I’d like to do that.
我想做那件事
Will that hurt?
疼吗?
If you say anything now…
你现在说任何事…
I’ll believe it.
我都会相信的
I need to know how to think about this.
我需要好好的想这件事
Why?
为什么?
Clear soup, the new lettuce…
你的清汤 新鲜的莴苣…
chicken, just the breast.
鸡肉 只要鸡胸
I trust this meets with your approval.
我相信你会批准这菜单的
Who is coming? Bwana Cole is coming.
谁要来呢? 柯尔先生要来
I will think on Bwana Cole.
我会好好的照料他的
I’ve got myself in real trouble now.
我陷入了两难的困境
Now you think they should vote? No, worse.
你现在要他们投票? 不 更糟
Denys?
是丹尼斯?
Get Kamante.
叫卡曼提来
He is out of hand entirely.
他是完全的不听使唤
Does this look like a chicken?
这看起来像鸡肉吗?
Here is not a chicken, here is a fish.
这不是鸡肉 是鱼
Go away.
下去
What do you think?
你觉得如何?
I think it’s quite good, isn’t it?
我觉得挺可口的 不是吗?
Be careful.
你得小心
When the old mapmakers got to the edge of the world…
古代绘制地图者 在画到世界边缘时…
they used to write, “‘Beyond this place, there be dragons.”
他们往往写着 “在此之外 充满猛龙”
Is that where I am?
那就是我现在的处境?
He likes to give presents…
他喜欢送礼物
but not at Christmas.
但不是在圣诞节
He hasn’t even said when he’s coming again.
他甚至也没说何时会再来
If he’s coming again.
如果他会再来的话
Would you divorce?
你会离婚吗?
Then I would have no one.
那我就一个都没有了
Men who missed moose in Alaska, grizzly in America…
那些没打中阿♥拉♥斯加的麋鹿 美国的黑熊…
tigers in India, they’re all at sea now bound for here.
印度的老虎的人 都在往这里来的途中
Berkeley is going to farm. You could do that.
伯克莱要做农场 你也可以做
No, thank you.
谢了 不要
You ought to look in on him though. He didn’t look all that well.
你得去看望他 他的气色不是很好
Can you stay?
你能留下来吗?
For a day or so.
一两天
Is that all right? No.
可以吗? 不行
You don’t need two guns on safari.
你狩猎旅行不需要两支枪
Then do the town work. Meet the clients, do outfitting.
那就做行销 接见客户 准备补给
There’s the mail. Lots of mail.
处理信件 我们有许多信件
I don’t know if I’d be right for that.
我不晓得我是否适合做那事
You’ve gotta do something.
你总得做点事
I don’t actually. My water’s gone black.
不见得 我的尿液已经变黑了
We’ve gotta get you to a hospital, and get you some proper care.
我们得送你到医院 给你适当的照顾
I’m being cared for properly.
我已经有适当的照顾了
It’s some years now.
有好些年了
She’s fond of me, I think.
我想 她喜欢我
Why didn’t you tell me?
你为何没告诉过我?
I suppose I thought…
我想 我以为
I didn’t know you well enough.
你我交情不够深
There’s money left in the trading account.
那贸易的帐户里还有钱
I’d like my share to go to Mariammo.
将我那一份给玛拉摩
Berkeley, listen.
伯克莱 听我说
George Martin had blackwater fever and that was five years now.
乔治患黑水热 到现在也五年了
You might take along that twelve-bore you’re so fond of.
你可以带走你喜欢的那支 12口径的猎枪
The trigger seems a bit…
那板机有点…
And the Rigby, get Karen to try the Rigby. It’s a nice size gun for her.
那力格比枪让凯伦试试 那枪对她大小刚好
Would you like me to take you home?
你要我带你回家吗?
I am home, I suppose.
我想我已经在家了
“G” for girl.
女孩的女
Are you packed?
你都打包好了?
Yes.
是的
How was town? Crowded.
城里如何? 挤满了人
I’ve been thinking.
我在想
With all the safari work I have little use for the room at the club.
因狩猎旅行的工作 我在俱乐部的房♥间没有用了
I don’t know that I’d be any good at this…
我不晓得我对这是否在行…
but how would it be if I kept a few things with you?
我将一些东西放在你这里如何?
You would come and go from my house?
你会从我的房♥子来去?
If that’s all right.
如果可以的话
When the gods want to punish you they answer your prayers.
当众神要惩罚你时 祂们应验你的祈求
Berkeley’s dying.
伯克莱病危了
What? Blackwater fever.
什么? 黑水热

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!