Yes.

It will be like that.
我们会像那样
Only this time I will go ahead and wait for you.
只是这次我会先走 然后等你
It is far where you are going?
你要去的地方远吗?
Yes.
是的
You must make this fire very big…
那你得生个很大的火…
so I can find you.
我才能找到你
Take that out to the lawn.
将那拿到草坪上
Have you had dinner?
你吃过晚餐了?
Yes.
是的
I’ve packed your things.
我打包好了你的东西
I thought I would send them on to the club.
我想将它们送到俱乐部
Is that all right?
那样好吗?
Juma.
朱玛
This wasn’t a very good idea.
这从来就不是个好主意
I think we should have had it this way all the time.
我想我们早就该一直这样
I don’t know. I was beginning to like your things.
不一定 我才开始喜欢你的东西
And I was beginning to like living without them.
而我也才开始喜欢 过没有它们的生活
You’ve ruined it for me, you know?
你把我搞砸了 你知道吗?
Ruined what?
搞砸了什么?
Being alone.
独处
Have I?
我有吗?
I’d like to come with you to Mombasa.
我想与你一起去蒙巴萨
Can I fly you there?
我开飞机载你去?
Aren’t you going away again?
你不再离开了?
I have some things to do tomorrow at Tsavo, but I’ll be back on Friday.
我明天在查佛有些事 但我星期五会回来
Will that be all right?
那样可以吗?
Of course.
当然
I’ve got this little thing that I’ve learned to do lately.
近来我学会了这件小事
When it gets so bad and I think…
当情况恶劣到我认为…
I can’t go on…
我无法支撑时…
I try to make it worse.
我让它变得更糟
I make myself think about our camp on the river.
我会想起我们在河边的营地
And Berkeley.
以及伯克莱
And the first time that you took me flying.
以及第一次你带我飞行
How good it all was.
这些往事多美好
And when I’m certain that I can’t stand it…
而当我确定再也撑不下去了…
I go one moment more…
我再多撑片刻…
and then I know I can bear anything.
这时我就知道我能承受任何事了
Would you like to help me?
你愿帮我吗?
Yes.
是的
Come dance with me then.
那过来跟我跳舞
You were right, you know. The farm never did belong to me.
你说的对 那农场从来就没有属于我
I may have been wrong.
我可能是错误的
I had a farm in Africa.
我在非洲曾有座农场
Friday? Yes.
星期五? 好
Hello, Bror.
哈罗 伯若
Hello.
哈罗
Would you like a drink?
你要喝点酒?
Please.
好的
Denys has been killed.
丹尼斯已经死了
His plane crashed at Tsavo.
他的飞机在查佛坠毁
There was a fire.
一阵大火
Can I take you into town?
要我带你进城吗?
Why did they send you?
他们为什么派你来?
I thought I should.
我认为我应该来
My God, you’re brave.
我的天 你真勇敢
“The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon at night.
白天的太阳 及夜晚的月亮不会责打你
“The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil.
主会保护你免于恶魔伤害
“He shall preserve thy soul.
祂会保护你的灵魂
“The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in.
主会保护你出去及进入
“From this time forth and even forevermore.”
“从现在直到永远”
Amen.
阿门
“The time you won your town the race
那时你替故乡赢得竞赛
“We chaired you through the market-place
我们穿越市街沿路欢呼…
“Man and boy stood cheering by
大人小孩站立鼓掌…
“And home we brought you shoulder-high
我们将你抬在肩上荣归
“Smart lad, to slip betimes away
聪明的家伙
“From fields where glory does not stay
从那不再荣耀的战场迅捷的溜走…
“And early though the laurel grows
桂花虽开的早…
“It withers quicker than a rose.
但却比玫瑰先凋谢…
“Now you will not swell the rout Of lads that wore their honors out
你再也听不见那群荣耀已逝的家伙
“Runners whom renown outran
世上最快的名赛跑者…
“And the name died before the man
其名亦将先他而逝…
“And round that early-laurelled head
所有先前的死者…
“Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead
都会聚集来看这无力的死者
“And find unwithered on its curls
而在他头上…
“A garland
有个花环…
“briefer than a girl’s”
“但随即凋萎”
Now take back the soul of Denys George Finch Hatton…
今天主要召回你曾与我们分享过的
whom you have shared with us.
丹尼斯芬齐哈顿的灵魂
He brought us joy…
他曾带给我们欢乐…
and we loved him well.
我们也深爱他
He was not ours.
他不是我们的…
He was not mine.
他也不是我的
If I know a song of Africa…
如果我要作一首非洲之歌♥…
of the giraffe…
会是有长颈鹿…
and the African new moon lying on her back…
及它背上的那一弯非洲新月…
of the ploughs in the fields…
及田里的犁…
and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers…
还有那些采咖啡人 流满汗水的脸庞…
does Africa know a song of me?
非洲知道我的歌♥吗?
Will the air over the plain quiver
草原上的空气
with a color that I have had on?
是否会为我曾穿戴的色彩而颤动?
Or will the children invent a game in which my name is?
或者孩子们是否会发明一种 以我的名字为名的游戏?
Or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive…
或是一轮明月在碎石车道上 撒下一片阴影…
that was like me?
就像我一样?
Or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me?
或是能岗岭上的老鹰会来找我吗?
You cannot come where I’m going.
你不能跟我去
There is no cooking where you are going?
你要去的地方不用煮饭吗?
You would not like it there.
你不会喜欢那里的
You must trust me about this.
这点你要信任我
Letters you can send on to this address in Denmark.
你可以把信寄到丹麦的这个住址
When you sell the car, if you would send the check to Hunter & Company…
当你卖♥♥了车 请将支票及其他任何…
and anything else you don’t know what to do with.
无法处理的东西 寄给汉特公♥司♥
Yes, ma’am.
是的
Baroness.
男爵夫人
I’ve been sent to ask if we may stand you a drink.
他们要我来问 我们是否可以敬你一杯?
Who is “we”?
“我们”是谁?
The members actually.
俱乐部的会员
All right.
好吧
Whiskey, please.
请来杯威士忌
Two whiskeys, please.
请来两杯威士忌
Baroness.
男爵夫人
Rose-lipt maidens, lightfoot lads.
醇酒如美人 佳酿似少年
Hear, hear!
干杯
Thank you.
谢谢
This is very dear to me.
这对我意义深刻
It has helped me to find my way.
它会帮我找寻方向
Thank you, msabu.
谢谢你
I want to hear you say my name.
我想听你叫我的名字
You are Karen.
你叫凯伦
The mail has come today…
今天信件来了…
and a friend writes this to me.:
一个朋友信中说…
“The Masai have reported to the district commissioner at Ngong…
马塞人向能岗的地区长官报告说…
“that many times at sunrise and sunset…
他们多次在日出及日落时…
“they have seen lions on Finch Hatton’s grave.
发现狮子聚集在芬齐哈顿的坟上
“A lion and a lioness have come there…
一只公狮及一只母狮来到…
“and stood, or lain on the grave for a long time.
在坟上或站或躺良久
“After you went away…
在你走后…
“the ground around the grave was leveled out into a sort of terrace.
坟墓四周的地被整为梯台

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!