It’s on my saddle.
在我的马鞍上
Better keep it with you. Your horse isn’t much of a shot.
你应随身带着 你的马也不会用枪
For Berkeley. He’s brought you presents.
给伯克莱的 他带了礼物给你
We stopped by your house, then came looking.
我们先到你家再来找你的
Good Lord, you are sweet.
你真帖心
You’re on the road actually. We’re off to Magadi to shoot some ivory.
你已经上路了 我们要到马嘉迪去猎象牙
At least I have something good to offer you.
还好我有点东西让你们喝
Did you intend to tell Berkeley what a fool I was?
你要告诉伯克莱我有多愚蠢吗?
She had a lion a bit interested.
有只狮子对她有点兴趣
A bit? A bit, but not enough to bite.
有点? 有点 没把我当成点心
It’s all right to take a chance as long as you’re the only one who’ll pay.
偶尔冒个险是无所谓 只要你不牵累到别人
Wouldn’t you say so?
你说呢?
I’d say that it sounds more like something you’d say.
我说这像是你会说的话
Thank you. Not at all.
谢谢 不谢
Where’s Blix? Hunting.
伯利森呢? 打猎去了
Has he been out long? Yes.
去很久了吗? 是的
You’ll need a good chat then. Shall we stay for supper?
那你需要好好聊聊天 我们留下来晚餐好吗?
Blix will have jackets we can use.
我们可以借穿伯利森的晚礼服
Do I have anything to say in this?
我能对这事发表意见吗?
Not really, but we’ll hear you out.
不能 但我们会听一下
Then I would like you to stay. Good.
那我就请你们留下来 好
Denys.
丹尼斯
I don’t know. Do you sing?
我不确定 你会唱歌♥吗?
Never.
不会
Can you tell a story then? I happen to be very good at stories.
那你会讲故事吗? 讲故事我最行了
I believe that.
我相信
What’s happened to the cows? For the dairy?
那些牛呢? 牧场呢?
We changed our minds. We’ll grow coffee instead.
我们改变主意改种咖啡了
A bit risky, this high. So I’ve been told.
这么高的地方有点冒险 有人已经告诉过我了
Didn’t seem to bother you. I think they just haven’t tried.
你好像不担心 我认为他们只是没试过
Every time I turn my back, it wants to go wild again.
我一不注意 咖啡园就又野草丛生
It will go wild.
它会回复野生的
Your man… Kanuthia.
你的人… 喀努侠
He’s not Kikuyu? No.
他不是克库由人? 不是
Shall I see that he’s given supper?
我是否要交代给他晚餐?
Don’t do anything for him, thank you, Baroness.
别为他忙
It’s true of Somalis. The only tribe that knows horses.
索马利人是唯一懂得马的部落
And they don’t drink, charge interest, or chase other men’s wives.
他们不喝酒 不收取利息 也不会追他人之妻
Got to go to town for that.
还好吧?
Did you know that in all of literature there is no poem celebrating the foot?
你们知道在文学里 没有一首歌♥诵脚的诗
There’s lips, there’s eyes, hands, face, hair, breasts…
有歌♥诵唇的 眼睛的 手 脸 发 乳♥房♥♥…
legs, arms, even the knees, but not one verse for the poor old foot.
腿 臂 甚至膝盖 就没有一句是给可怜的脚
Why do you think that is?
你们想是为什么?
Priorities, I suppose. Did you think you would make one?
我猜是顺序吧 你们能写一首吗?
The problem is, there’s nothing to rhyme it with.
没有押韵的字
Put. It’s not a noun.
晓 那不是名词
Doesn’t matter.
没关系
“Along he came and he did put upon my farm his clumsy foot”
春眠不觉晓 处处是笨脚
We should have a story now.
我们该来个故事了
When I tell a story to my nieces at home…
我给我侄女们说故事
one of them always provides the first sentence.
她们总提供第一句
Anything? Absolutely anything.
任何句子? 任何句子
There was a wandering Chinese named Cheng Huan…
从前有个流浪的中国人 名叫陈环…
living in Limehouse…
住在一栋茅屋里
and a girl named Shirley.
还有位叫莎莉的女孩
Who spoke perfect Chinese…
她从当传教士的父母那儿
which she learned from her missionary parents.
学到了流利的中文
Cheng Huan lived alone in a room on Formosa Street…
陈环独自住在福尔摩莎街 的一个房♥间…
above the Blue Lantern.
在蓝色街灯的上面
He sat at his window…
他沿窗而坐…
and in his poor listening heart…
在他的内心深处…
strange echoes of his home and country…
回响着他的家乡故国…
They found them there the next morning…
隔天早晨他们在
in their room above the Blue Lantern.
那蓝色街灯上面的房♥间发现
The dead child and the warlord…
那死去的孩子及军阀…
with Cheng Huan’s love gift coiled about his neck.
颈上还缠着陈环送的订情物
Had you been to those places?
你去过那些地方吗?
I have been a mental traveler.
我一直是个神游的旅行家
Till now. Yes.
直到现在 没错
Wasn’t this England? Excuse me, Denmark?
这是在英国? 对不起 丹麦?
I like my things.
我喜欢我的家当
And when you traveled before, in your mind…
当你以前在神游时…
did you carry so much luggage?
是否带着这么多行李?
A mental traveler hasn’t the need to eat or sleep…
神游者不需要食宿…
or entertain.
或娱乐
You’re right.
没错
Anyway, aren’t you pleased that I brought my crystal and my china?
你们不庆幸还好我带了 我的水晶及瓷器?
And your stories, yes.
及你的故事
The conquering heroes come.
凯♥旋♥归来的英雄们
Sound the trumpets Beat the drums.
喇叭声 打鼓声
But I want you to come often.
我希望你们常来
I’d like that very much.
我也非常喜欢来
And you must promise me it will be soon. I promise.
答应我 你们很快会再来 我答应你
Bye. Good night.
拜 晚安
Did you save my life?
你救了我一命?
No, the lioness did that. She walked away.
不是我 是狮子走开 饶了你的
So I am not indebted then?
那我不欠你罗?
But I am.
但我欠你
We pay our storytellers here.
这里说故事是有报酬的
It’s lovely.
这真美
But my stories are free and your present’s much too dear.
但我的故事是免费的 况且你的礼物太贵重了
Write them down sometime.
有空将故事写下来
Take care, Finch Hatton.
保重 芬齐哈顿
You wouldn’t rather call me Denys?
你不干脆叫我丹尼斯?
Baroness.
男爵夫人
What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
I want you to come home.
我要你回家
Bror.
布鲁
We never spoke about children.
我们从未谈到小孩
Did you…
你要…
Do you?
你呢?
Yes.
是的
Is that all right?
可以吗?
These Kikuyu want to be sick now.
这些克库由人都要接受治疗了
Good Lord!
天啊
Your leg has got worse.
你的腿伤已经恶化了
You should go to hospital.
你得去医院
This leg may be foolish. It may think not to go to hospital.
这腿可能愚蠢 它可能不想去医院
This leg will do as it pleases.
这腿想怎么样就怎么样
But if you will take it to hospital, I will think that you are wise.
但如你带它去医院 我会认为你是个聪明人
And such a wise man as this, I would want to work in my house…
像这样的聪明人 我会要他到我屋里工作…
for wages.
付薪水的
How much wages would come to such a wise man as that?
像这样的聪明人 能领多少薪水呢?
More wages than come from tending goats.
比牧羊赚的还多
I will speak to this leg.
我会跟这腿谈谈
What about air raids? Quiet! One question at a time.
会有空袭吗? 安静一个一个发问
The war’s in Europe. Will it ever reach here?
战争在欧洲 会漫延到这里吗?
German East is only 200 miles south. General Von Lettow is there.
德军在我们南边300公里 范立德将军在那里
Let’s not wait till he joins us at the bar.
别让他打到我们这里
Would we engage them?
会交战吗?
This is our war. You don’t have to be involved, but thanks.
这是我们的战争 你不需要介入
I’ve got crops coming in. How long is this thing gonna last?
我就要收成了 这战争要打多久呢?
We just have to stay and go as we must.
我们看局势来决定去留
They won’t fight if we won’t fight.
如果我们不打 他们就不会打
We could always arm the Masai and point them south.
我们总可以武装马塞族人 然后将他们驻紮南边
Do you want the job of collecting rifles from the Masai when this is over?
战争结束后你愿意向马塞族人 收回枪♥械♥吗?
And our women and children? Shall we bring them into town?
我们的妇孺呢? 要进城吗?
We will deal with that problem as it arises.
到时候再说
Will they use native troops?
他们会用土著战士吗?
I’d assume so, but not Masai!
我想会 但不会是马塞族人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!