What happens to them, your ordinary combat soldier?
他们无法分享你的荣耀之梦 他们会被困死在这里
He doesn’t share in your dreams of glory, he’s stuck here.
他们每天困在与死神擦身而过的日子
He’s stuck living out every day, day- to- day, with death tugging at his elbow.
你我有一点大不相同 乔治
There’s one big difference between you and me, George.
我打仗是因为他们训练我去打仗
I do this job because I’ve been trained to do it.
而你打仗是因为
You do it because…
你热爱打仗
…you love it.
海滩上的部队真的很惨 将军
Those men on the beach are catching hell, general.
特拉斯科特的部下正在竭尽全力
Truscott’s men are doing their best,
但我们没有补充兵源给他们
but we have no replacements for them.
我们无法突破到海岸
We can’t break through to the coast.
我要亲自去那边
I’m going down there myself.
中校
Colonel!
他是怎么到那边去的
How in the hell did he get over there?
你还在等什么
What the hell are you waiting for?
正在这里找寻徒涉点 将军
Looking for a place here that’s a ford, general.
我正派巡逻队去侦察
I sent out a patrol to reconnoiter.
我已侦察过了 就在那边 这条水沟不到三英尺深
I’ve already done that. Right down there this sewer’s no more than 3 feet deep.
你的部队立即行动 否则就撤你的职
You get that outfit cranked up or you’ll be out of a job!
-戴上钢盔 -是 长官
– And put that helmet on! – Yes, sir.
开动坦克 前进
Move it! Let’s go!
-这个纵队为何停下来 -我不知道 长官
– What’s holding up this column? – I don’t know, sir.
敌机
Planes!
赶快 前进
Come on! move it!
靠边停车
Pull up over there.
-这些骡子 这儿 走啊 -这里怎么回事
– These mules, here. Come on! – What’s going on here?
长官 是这些骡子
Sir, these mules!
混♥蛋♥
Jackasses!
你让整个纵队停下来挨揍 就是为了两头笨骡
You hold up a column get stalled and strafed on account of two jackasses?
这都是你干的好事
That’s what the hell’s the matter with you?!
不 不
No. No.
赶快 把它们从桥边丢下去 清理桥面
Now, dump them over the side and clear this bridge!
现在我们前进受阻 将军 是因为没有空中支援
Now, the reson we’re pinned down, general, because we can’t get air support!
胡扯 没人得到过空中支援
Hell nobody is! Nobody’s getting any air support!
要么你鼓动起这个营 中校 要么我就找能够的人来做
You can put fire into this battalion, colonel, or I’ll get somebody who can.
少校
Major!
-你是副营长吗 -是的 长官
– You the executive officer here? – Yes, sir.
-你姓什么 -沃克 长官
– What’s your name? – Walker, sir.
你现在是该营营长了
You’re now the commanding officer.
你得在4小时内 突破到下面的海滩
You’ve got 4 hours to break through to that beachhead down here.
如果到时候没做到 我就撤换你
If you don’t make it, I’ll fire you.
中校 这个岛上有五万人
Colonel, there are 50,000 men on this island
都想开枪毙了那个狗♥娘♥养♥的
would like to shoot that son of a bitch.
拜托送我回家 送我回家
Please take me home. Take me home.
拜托送我回家 送我回家
Please take me home. Take me home.
-“血胆老爹”走了 -用我们的血 换来他的大胆
– There he goes, “Old Blood and Guts. ” – Yeah, our blood, his is guts.
嗨 还好吗 孩子
Hi, how are you, son?
你是哪里人 啊 高梅兹
Where are you from, uh, Gomez?
加利福尼亚 长官
California, sir.
我也是
Me too.
-你哪里中弹 -胸部 长官
– Where were you hit? – In the chest, sir.

Well, …
你可能会觉得有意思
…this might be interesting to you.
我刚才看到的德军没有胸部
The last German I saw didn’t have any chest.
连头也没有
Didn’t have any head, either.
祝你早日康复 小子
You get well quickly, son.
你有什么问题
What’s the matter with you?
我猜 我实在受不了了
I guess … I just can’t take it, sir.
你说什么
What did you say?
我的神经有问题 长官
It’s my nerves, sir.
我实在受不了炮轰了
I just can’t stand the shelling anymore.
你的神经
Your nerves?
扯蛋 你只是个该死的懦夫
Hell, you’re just a goddamn coward.
闭嘴
Shut up!
我不准懦夫在此哭泣
I won’t have a yellow bastard crying
当着战斗中负伤的勇士面前
in front of these brave men who’ve been wounded in battle.
闭嘴
Shut up!
不准这个混♥蛋♥住院 他根本没问题
Don’t admit this yellow bastard. There’s nothing wrong with him.
我不准狗♥娘♥养♥的懦夫养玷污了
I won’t have sons of bitches who are afraid to fight stinking up
这个光荣的地方
this place of honor.
你必须回前线 朋友
You’re going back to the front, my friend.
你可能中枪 你可能丧生 但你必须去作战
You may get shot, you may get killed, but you’re going up to the fighting, …
你不作战 我就派行刑队枪毙你
…you don’t, either that or I’ll stand you up in front of a firing squad.
我应该亲自枪毙你 你这个该死的爱哭鬼 把他拉出去
I ought to shoot you myself, you goddamn crying bastard! Get him out of here!
把他送到前线去
Send him up to the front!
你听见了吗 你这该死的懦夫
You hear me? You goddamn coward!
我的部队容不下懦夫
I won’t have cowards in my army.
有时侯 我必须要得罪某些人 不过
I had to kick a few butts up there, but,
啊 特拉斯科特终于突破后抵达海滩会师了
uh, Truscott finally broke through to those people on the beach.
你看过伤亡名单吗
Have you seen the casualty lists?
是的 我看过了
Yes, I’ve seen them.
海岸公路有消息吗
What’s the word from the coast road?
喔 第三师位于巴罗洛以东 正在向墨西拿前进
Well, the 3rd Division’s east of Brolo, heading toward Messina.
好的 让我们赶过去 我想穿戴整齐与部队一起进城
Well, Let’s get drives over there. I want to go in with the troops.
你先去吧 乔治 我不善于那种事
You go ahead, George. I’m not very good at that.
布拉德利将军
General Bradley, …
现在应该考虑 会有多大的伤亡
…it’s time to consider how many casualties we’d have…
如果我们现在还在那条见鬼的道路上缓慢前进的话
…if we were still down there crawling along that goddamn road.
齐步 走
Forward … , march!
别傻笑 巴顿 我不会吻你的
Don’t smirk, Patton. I shan’t kiss you.
真可惜 我今早刮脸细刮得特别干净
Pity. I shaved very close this morning in preparation
就等着你吻我呢
for getting smacked by you.
齐步 走
Forward … , march!
你要见我 乔治
You wanted to see me, George?
我收到一封艾克的信
I got a letter here from Ike.
我 啊
I, uh, …
我昨晚在重读凯撒的评传
I was re- reading Caesar’s Commentaries last night.
在战斗时 凯撒穿红袍以区别他与部下
In battle, Caesar wore a red robe to distinguish him from his men.
我震惊于那个事实 因为
I was struck by that fact because…
“可耻”
“Despicable. ”
我这辈子第一次有人用那个字来形容我
That’s the first time my life anybody ever applied that word to me.
不过 至少那只是个人责备 而不是官方的
Well, at least it’s a personal reprimand, it’s not official.
那个人是个懦夫 他应该接受军事审判而且被枪毙
The man was yellow. He should’ve been tried for cowardice and shot.
老天 难道他们忘了
My god! Have we forgotten
那些遭遇比被责骂更惨的人
about those people take have a lot worse than a little kick in the pants.
我只是稍微损及他的自尊 但那与战争相比算什么
I ruffled his pride a bit. What’s that compared to war?
两周前我们攻占巴勒莫时
Two weeks ago, we took Palermo, …
他们称我是自”石墙”杰克逊以来
they call me a hero, they said I was the greatest general
最伟大的将军
since Stonewall Jackson.
而现在 他们却画漫画来讽刺你
And now they draw cartoons about you.
臭狗屎
Dirty bastard!
他们画我抓着小兵而且用铁靴子踢他
They got me holding a little Gl and kicking him with an iron boot.
你看到了吗 我靴子上是什么 纳粹标记
You see that, what’s on my boot? A swastika.
在我靴子上 有纳粹标记的铁靴子
On my boot. An iron boot with a swastika!
你应该向你打耳光的士兵道歉
“You will apologize to the soldier you slapped, …
还有当时在帐蓬里的所有的医官与护士
…to all doctors and nurses who were present in the tent at the time, …
还有在帐蓬里的每一个能够来的伤病员
…to every patient in the tent who can be reached, …
最后向第七军团全体
…and last but not least to the 7th Army as a whole, …
依次向每一个连队道歉
…through individual units, one at a time. ”
老天 我
God, I…
情绪真的很低落
…feel low.
啊 神啊
Oh, God, …
你是我的神
… Thou art my God.
我虔诚地搜寻你
Verily will I seek Thee.
我的灵魂渴望着你
My soul thirsteth for Thee.
我的肉体在干渴之土地上期盼着你
My flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, …
只要我在圣殿里看见你
…so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary.
我的灵魂努力地追寻着你
My soul followeth hard after Thee.
那些想要摧毁我灵魂的人
But those that seek my soul to destroy it…
应该进入十八层地狱
…shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
他们将死于刀剑之下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!