They shall fall by the sword.
他们将被狐狸分食
They shall be apportioned for foxes.
但是强者乐于信奉神灵
But the king shall rejoice in God.
每个发誓维护真理的人将获得荣耀
Everyone that sweareth by him shall glory.
那些说谎的嘴
But the mouth of them that speak lies…
将被封住
…shall be stopped.
立 正
Ten … hut!
稍息
At ease.
我想我应该站在这里让各位看看
I thought I would stand up here and let you people see, …
我是不是一个大混♥蛋♥ 像你们有些人想的那样
…if I am as big a son of a bitch as some of you think I am.
我向各位保证我绝不是有意要
I assure you I had no intention…
以粗暴或残酷方式来对待
…of being either harsh or cruel in my treatment of the…
那位士兵的
…soldier in question.
我唯一的目的是试图让他
My sole purpose was to try to restore
重新认识他的责任和应尽的义务
in him some appreciation of his obligations
作为一个人
as a man…
和作为一个军人
…and as a soldier.
如果一个人以懦弱为耻 我觉得
If one can shame a coward, I felt, …
这可以帮助他重新获得自尊
…one might help him to regain his self- respect.
我当时就是这么想的
This was on my mind.
现在 我诚恳地承认
Now, I freely admit…
我的做法是错误的
…that my method was wrong.
但我希望各位能理解我的动机
But I hope you understand my motive, …
而且接受
…and will accept this…
我的解释
…explanation, …
和我的
…and this…
道歉
…apology.
-解散 -立 正
– Dismissed. – Ten … hut!
将军 晚安 就一件小事
Good evening, general. Just one,
我报告一下我自己做的一次民♥意♥调查
I make a report on a private poll I’ve been taking.
什么民♥意♥调查
What poll?
各界来信
The fan mail.
11% 反对 89% 支持
11 percent con, 89 percent pro.
那些反对的 11% 大都是猥亵和匿名
And that 11% of protest, in most cases, is both obscene and anonymous.
但是支持者大部份是亲属与军人
But the pro letters are mostly from relatives and servicemen.
我们想让您知道我们以儿子在您的部队服役为荣
“I want you to know we’re proud our son is serving in your army.
我们从报纸的叙述中 不清楚您究竟做了什么
From the newspaper accounts, we’re not clear exactly
为何这么做
what you did and why, …
但我们希望您知道我们支持您
…but we want you to know we’re for you.
继续前进 愿上帝保佑您
Keep going, and God bless you. ”
继续前进 那是
Keep going, huh?
去哪里
Where?
我想您可能想小酌 将军 现在是新年了
I thought you might like a sip of wine, general. It’s New Year’s.
您昨晚完全没有庆祝
You didn’t celebrate at all last night.
我讨厌蹲在这个 皇家狗屋里
I’m sick of sitting around this … royal doghouse.
我们已攻占西西里 我已准备接受新任务
We’ve taken Sicily. I’m ready for a new assignment.
啊 或许您已经得到了 这是刚到的电报
Well, maybe you’ve got it. Here’s a radio message, just came in.
考德
Cod, …
我被解除职务了
I’ve been relieved.
他们解除我指挥第七军团的职务
They’ve relieved me from command of the 7th Army.
我不相信
I don’t believe it.
新年快乐
Happy New Year.
等一等 长官
Just a minute, sir.
因为他们必定会给你别的指挥职务
Since they’re sure to give you another command, …
他们得先解除你在这儿的职务 这岂不是合乎逻辑
…isn’t it logical that they’d relieve you here first?
你是说 指挥进入欧洲的全部美军部队
You mean, command of all American troops going into Europe?
这倒是种可能性 我知道不时有人在讨论这件事
It’s possible by a idea. I know it’s been discussed from time to time.
其中的逻辑非常明显 不可能有其他的事
The logic of it is so obvious, it couldn’t mean anything else.
长官 我要打开这瓶酒
Sir, I’m going to open this bottle of wine.
不 考德先生
No, Sir Cod…
但如果你能找到一瓶干邑[法国产世界名酒] 而且开瓶
…but if you find a bottle of cognac, and karat bottle,
我就帮你喝掉它
I’ll help you drink it.
-您今晚觉得如何 将军 -不错 很不错
– How are you feeling tonight, general? – Not bad, not bad at all.
-给我拿一些信纸 好吗 -好的 长官
– Get me some writing paper, would you? – Yes, sir.
你太太骂过你不写信吗
Your wife ever give you the devil for not writing?
随时都骂 长官
All the time, sir.
但我不像您写得那么勤 我似乎没时间写信
Only I don’t write as often as you do. Don’t seem to get around to it.
我们有妻子真幸运 对吗
Lucky thing for us we’ve got them.
谁肯嫁两个老骨头骑兵
Who wants to marry a couple of broken- down old horse captains?
我每次回家我太太都对我那样说 长官
That’s what my wife says to me everytime I come home, sir.
你为何这么晚还没睡 乔治
Why are you doing up so late, George?
只是猜想您可能想要洗一个舒适的热水浴
Just thought you might like a nice hot bath,
或者喝一杯牛奶之类的
glass of milk or something.
长官 我向医官拿了安♥眠♥药♥ 以备您需要它
I got you sleeping pill from the doc, just in case you might need them.
安♥眠♥药♥
Sleeping pill!
-究竟怎么回事 -我们都听了今晚的新闻 长官
– What’s going on here anyway? – We all heard the news announced, sir.
-他们在广播里宣布的 -什么新闻
– They announced it on the radio. – What news?
关于布拉德利将军 长官
About General Bradley, sir.
他们任命他为进攻欧洲的美军最高指挥官
How they gave him the top American command for the invasion.

Oh.
噢 好的
Oh, yeah.
我 啊 这个
I, well, but,
我以为您可能会感觉情绪低落 长官
I just thought you might be feeling kind of low, sir.
您的书写用品 长官 都放在桌上 长官
Your writing things, sir, here on the desk, sir.
好的 谢谢你 乔治
Yeah. Thank you, George.
都因一个小兵
One little dogface.
一记小兵的耳光 就是那件事给害的
One measly little slap. That’s what done it.
噢 乔治
Ah, George.
我真希望我愿意亲吻了那个狗♥娘♥养♥的
I wish I’d kissed the son of a bitch.
科西嘉岛 阿雅克修
我们向戴高乐将军与雷克勒克将军领导的
自♥由♥法国的优秀部队致敬
他在向戴高乐与雷克勒克麾下的自♥由♥法国♥军♥队致敬
He’s paying tribute to the Free French Forces under De- Gaulle and Leclerc.
[法语]
也向地下抵抗军的英勇男女致敬
Also to the brave men and women of the Resistance
他们冒着生命危险帮助摧毁德军
who risked their lives everyday to help to destroy the Germans.
[法语]
法兰西将恢复自♥由♥ 我向各位保证
“France will be free again. I give you my word. ”
[法语]
就像法国部队登陆科西嘉
“Just as Free French troops landed here in Corsica
解放拿破仑的故乡一样
to liberate the birthplace of Napoleon’s, …
我将在法国登陆
…I will someday land in France
以帮助解放拉法叶的故乡
to help liberate the birthplace of Lafayette. ”
将军 记者想采访您
General, the reporters would like a word with you.
-下午好 各位 -将军
– Good afternoon, gentlemen. – General!
巴顿将军 能告诉我们你访问科西嘉的目的吗
General Patton, can you tell us the purpose of this visit to Corsica?
我奉艾森豪威尔将军之命来到这里
I was ordered at here by General Eisenhower.
据说你写信给被打耳光的士兵的母亲说
It was reported, you wrote the mother of the boy slapped and saying:
“胆小鼠辈应该被枪毙”
“The yellow rat should’ve been shot.”
-是真的吗 将军 -无可奉告
– Is that true, general? – No comment.
将军 据说亚历山大将军建议你
Sir, I understand General Alexander suggested
接手马克·克拉克将军的意大利战役
you take over General Clark’s Italian campaign, …
但因为耳光事件该建议被否决了
…but what common killed that because the slapping incident.
-无可奉告 -您能谈谈要去何处吗 将军
– No comment. – Can you tell a say where you’re going, sir?
艾森豪威尔将军命令我去马耳他 但这不能报导
General Eisenhower’s ordered me to Malta. That’s Off the record.
访谈结束
Interview concluded.
您还打算在那里打士兵的耳光吗 将军
You plan on slapping any soldiers there, general?
什么
马耳他
Malta?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
马耳他当作基地
Malta as a base, …
然后是希腊南部 那是有可能的
…then southern Greece.That is possible.
给我接凯尔元帅
Get me Field Marshal Keitel.
在1528年
In 1528,
这些城♥堡♥由400名马耳他武士与800名佣兵防守
these forts were defended by 400 Knights of Malta and 800 mercenaries…
对抗四万土耳其人
…against a force of 40,000 Turks.
喔 啊 考德曼
Oh, well, Codman.
-有艾森豪威尔将军的消息吗 -长官 没有
– Still no word from Gen. Eisenhower? – No, sir.
甚至没有对 啊 我圣诞节送他的两只火鸡有反应吗
Not even a response about, uh, the two turkeys I sent for Christmas?
没有 将军
No, sir.
喔 各位 请自己过去仔细看看
Uh, Go ahead, gentlemen. Take careful a closer look for yourselves.
哎 看来各位是跟错了长官
Well, Looks like you boys have hitched your wagon to a falling star.
传话下去 如果有人要离开 我会理解的
Pass the word. If anybody wants out, I’ll understand.
长官 我可以代表全体参谋发言
Sir, I can speak for the entire staff.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!