Which one died in the car crash?
简·曼斯菲尔德
Jayne Mansfield, yes.
为什么挂她的画像呢
Why is she on the wall?
抱歉 您怎么称呼
Sorry, I didn’t catch your name?
马丁·西克史密斯
Martin Sixsmith.
马丁·西克史密斯 《十点新闻》主播
Martin Sixsmith, News At Ten.
我以前在BBC 现在不干了
I was with the BBC. But not any more.
你好 菲洛梅娜 很高兴认识你
Hello Philomena. Very nice to meet you.
我是克莱尔修女
I’m sister Claire.
你好 克莱尔修女
Sister Claire.
菲洛梅娜 你上次来这儿是什么时候
Now, when was the last time you came to see us, Philomena?
那时你还没来呢 克莱尔修女
It was well before your time, Sister Claire.
我电♥话♥联♥系♥了希尔德加德修女
I spoke to Sister Hildegarde on the telephone,
等我来的时候
and when I came here
她身体不太好 都没法见我
she wasn’t well enough to see me.
她还在这
She’s still with us,
但她非常虚弱
but she’s very frail now.
马丁 来点奶油果子面包
Oh, Martin, have some buttered brack.
好吧
Wouldn’t mind.
真好吃 像是潘多尔切[一种甜面包]
Hmmm, it’s very nice, like a sort of a Pandolce.
是水果面包 马丁
It’s fruit bread, Martin.
我知道 很好吃
Yes, I know. It’s lovely.
菲洛梅娜 我不知道
Well, now, I don’t know
上次她们有没有告诉你
if they told you last time, Philomena,
我们的大部分记录
but most of our records
都在大火中烧毁了
were destroyed in the big fire.
大火
Fire?
那时我还没来
It was before my time.
所以恐怕我没有安东尼的消息
So I’m afraid I have no news of Anthony.
我仍然坚持做弥撒
I still go to mass.
我没想给你们添乱
I don’t want to cause any fuss
或是指责任何人
or point the finger at anybody,
或是埋怨教会
or blame the church in any way.
我只想知道他是否平安健康
I only want to know if he’s all right.
我甚至不用见他
I don’t even need to see him.
我时常幻想他
I have visions of him and
想象他无家可归 没人疼爱
he’s homeless and nobody loves him.
菲洛梅娜
Philomena,
我们无法驱走你的伤痛
we can’t take away your pain,
但我们可以陪你渡过这一切
but we can walk through it with you, hand in hand.
年长些的修女们
These older nuns…
抱歉打断
Sorry to interrupt.
年长些的修女们
These older nuns,
或许能帮我们回忆起一些细节
perhaps they could help us with some of the details?
她们大多已经去世
Most of them have passed away.
那倒是 不过还健在的那些呢
Right. What about the ones that haven’t?
我觉得不大可能从她们那得到有用的信息
I don’t think you’re going to get much sense out of them.
那能试试吗
But can we try?
我觉得这样不行
I don’t think that’s going to be possible.
为什么
Why not?
我乐意回答菲洛梅娜的任何问题
I’m happy to answer any questions that Philomena has.
我就是在问你问题
I’m asking you a question.
你是记者
You’re a journalist.
没错 不对 我以前是
Yes, I am. Well, I used to be.
马丁是罗马天主教♥徒♥
Martin’s a Roman Catholic.
对 不是 那是以前
Yes, well, no, I used to be.
我更希望能单独和菲洛梅娜谈
I’d feel more comfortable if I could speak to Philomena in private.
你好 需要帮忙吗
Hello, can I help?
对不起 我只是
Sorry, I was just erm…
你在找什么吗
Are you looking for something?
这里面是什么
What’s down here?
-是私人生活区 -好吧
– Those are private quarters. – Oh. OK.
我去外面等
I’ll wait outside.
死于分娩的母子
死于57年2月10日
艾丝琳·德夫林
14岁
安息
抱歉 我在周围看了看
Sorry, I was just having a look around.
她对你说了什么
What did she say to you?
她说你是记者
She said you were a journalist and that…
在试图控制我
you were trying to manipulate me,
还说我跟你说话要小心
and that I should be careful what I say to you.
她还给了我这个
She also gave me this.
要打开吗
Do you want me to open it?
是你1955年签的一份协议
It’s a contract signed by you, in 1955.
上面说”本人在此申明 永远放弃
It says “I hereby relinquish full claim forever
对儿子安东尼·李的监护权
to my said child Anthony Lee
同时保证绝对不会试图看望
and I further undertake never to attempt to see,
干涉 或是索取对这个孩子的监护权
interfere with or make any claim to the said child
永久有效”
at any future time”.
我再也找不到他了
I’ll never find him.
要是她们用任何手段强迫你签了这份协议
If they coerced you in any way to sign this piece of paper,
我们可以起诉她们
we can challenge them legally.
马丁 没人强迫我
Martin, no one coerced me.
我完全是自愿签的
I signed of my own free will.
真有意思 是不是
It’s funny, isn’t it?
所有可以帮你找到他的文件
All the pieces of paper designed to help you find him
都被毁了
have been destroyed.
结果呢 唯一一份
But guess what? The one piece of paper
阻止你找到他的文件
designed to stop you finding him
却完好无损
has been lovingly preserved.
智慧无穷的上帝
God in his infinite wisdom
决定从大火中放过它
decided to spare that from the flames.
我签那份协议是因为
I signed it because
我相信自己罪孽深重 理应受到惩罚
I believed I’d committed a terrible sin and had to be punished.
罪上加罪的是
And what made it so much worse was
我很享受
that I enjoyed it.
什么
What?
性♥爱♥
The sex.
马丁 太美妙了
Oh, it was wonderful, Martin.
我觉得自己飘飘欲仙
I thought I was floating on the air.
他特别英俊
He was so handsome
抱着我的感觉特别温暖
and the way he held me in his arms.
在那之前我都不知道自己有阴蒂 马丁
The thing is, I didn’t even know I had a clitoris, Martin.
是吗
Right?
跟他上♥床♥后 我觉得
And after the sex is over, I thought
感觉那么美妙的东西 肯定是错误的
anything that feels so lovely must be wrong.
该死的天主教
Fucking Catholics.
抱歉
Sorry.
我当了三十年护士
I spent thirty years as a nurse.
我听过更难听的话
I’ve heard worse than that.
为什么上帝赋予我们性♥欲♥
It’s just why would God bestow upon us a sexual desire
却又要我们抵♥制♥它呢
that he then wants us to resist?
这是不是他发明的奇怪游戏
Is it some weird game he’s invented
用来减少无所不能带来的无聊呢
to alleviate the boredom of being omnipotent?
我真想不明白
It baffles me.
我觉得我已经够聪明了
And I think I’m pretty clever.
也许你没那么聪明
Well maybe you’re not.
怎么样
How did it go?
能指望从没良心的修女那得到什么
What, from the Sisters of Little Mercy?
看来又是茶和蛋糕
Right, so just tea and cake, then?
她们就会给这个 是吧 妈妈
That’s all they’ve ever given you, isn’t it, Mum?
简 这不是她们的错
It’s not their fault, Jane.
一场大火 把所有记录都烧没了
They had a fire and all the records were lost.
-不用了 谢谢 -谢谢
– No, thank you. – Thank you.
过了你的睡觉时间了
It’s past your bedtime.
没事 他都倒了
Now, he’s just poured it now.
-干杯 -母亲
– Sláinte. – Mother.
晚安 马丁
Night, Martin.
晚安 简
Night, Jane.
晚安 马丁
Night-night, Martin.
晚安 菲洛梅娜 睡个好觉
Night, Philomena. Sleep well.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章新岳父大人
下一篇文章梦女孩
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!