Sorry, my editer.
看来你得用那张不开心的照片了
I suppose you’ll have to use the not-so-happy-photo now?
是啊
Yes, I suppose so.
福音传道者
我还记得在集市那天
I remember that day at the fair,
他父亲扮老头子逗我笑
his father made me laugh by pretending to be an old man.
我也扮成老太婆逗他笑
And then I made him laugh by pretending to be an old woman.
现在我真是老太婆了
And now I am one.
我永远没法知道安东尼是否想起过我了
I’ll never know if Anthony ever even thought about me.
也永远没机会向他道歉了
And I’ll never be able to say sorry.
再过大约一小时就要登机了
We start boarding in about an hour.
对了 马丁 我们的机票能改签吗
Tell me, Martin, do we have what they call flexible tickets?
应该可以
Yes, I think so.
临时有事可以换航♥班♥吗
Where you can change your flight if you change your plans?
可以
Yes.
我们今晚要是不走呢
Supposing we didn’t get on the aeroplane tonight?
因为我一直在这里等待一个信♥号♥♥
Because I’ve been sitting here waiting for a sign.
但还没有等到
And I haven’t had one.
所以我决定再待段时间
So I made a decision myself and I’d like to stay a little longer.
如果你真想这样的话
Well, if that’s what you want to do.
我想
It is.
我想找个认识他的人谈谈
I’d like to talk to someone who actually met him.
好 那我们就不走了
All right, then we’ll stay.
我收到一张安东尼的照片
I’ve been sent a picture of Anthony,
你想看看吗
if you want to see it.
是吗
Oh?
我要看看
Yes, please.
里根总统
President Reagan.
是我们明天要见的一位女士发来的
It’s from a woman we could meet tomorrow
她叫玛西亚·维勒
called Marcia Weller.
是安东尼的前同事
She’s an ex-colleague of Anthony’s.
他看起来很精神
He looks very smart.
我们喝一杯吧 白兰地怎么样
Now, shall we have a drink? Brandy, isn’t it?
都没了
Oh, they’re all gone.
马丁
Martin.
这个人好像就是你
This man looks just like you.
这就是我
It is me.
迈克尔·赫斯
Michael Hess.
-我见过他 -在哪
– I met him. – Where?
在白宫
At the White House.
老天爷
Dear God!
这是十年前我还在BBC工作的时候
About 10 years ago when I was with the BBC.
他什么样啊
What was he like?
我不记得了
I can’t remember it.
就是共和党的一次活动
It was a Republican thing.
你再好好想想
You must remember something.
我们进去时他就在门口
He was by the door when we went…
我还和他握了手
I shook hands with him.
他握手的感觉如何
Well, what kind of a handshake did he have?
非常有力
It was firm.
要是很无力 我肯定会记得
I would remember if he’d had a weak handshake.
握手无力的人是不可能有如此成就的
You don’t get to that position with a weak handshake.
他握手非常有力 还有什么
So he had a firm handshake? What else?
他非常机敏
He was smart.
我总是把他打扮得很精神[同义]Oh I always dressed him smart.
还记得他说了什么吗
Did you remember anything he said?
-“你好” -“你好 你好”
– “Hello.” – “Hello. Hello.”
也可能是”嗨”
Might’ve been “Hi”.
他很有礼貌
He was polite.
好 那么他很聪明 握手有力
Well… Now, well, he was smart, and he had a firm handshake.
他还说了”你好” 很不错
He said hello, which was nice.
说了”你好” “你好”
He said “Hello”. “Hello”.
-他很有礼貌 -噢 马丁
– He was polite. – Oh, Martin!
我认识你儿子有十年了
I knew your son for about ten years.
他是里根政♥府♥和布♥什♥政♥府♥的
He was senior legal counsel to both
高级法律顾问
the Reagan and Bush administrations.
混得还不错 是吧 菲洛梅娜
Didn’t do too badly, did he, Philomena?
他要和我待在一起就不会有这么好的工作
He’d never have got a job like that if he’d stayed with me.
很可能就会在麦凯佛雷工作
I think he would have worked at McEverleys.
那是卡斯尔巴的一间律师事务所
They’re a firm of solicitors in Castlebar.
玛西亚 他和你说起过爱尔兰吗
Did he ever mention Ireland, Marcia?
这倒没有
I don’t think so.
不过我有他妹妹玛丽的电♥话♥
Although I do have a number for his sister, Mary,
-和他一起从爱尔兰过来的 -好极了
– who came over from Ireland with him. – Great.
-我可以帮你联♥系♥到她 -那太好了
– I can put you in touch with her. – Great.That’s excellent.
他看起来很开心
He looks very happy here.
这小伙子是谁
Who’s this fella?
这个是…他的朋友 皮特
That’s his, er, friend Pete.
你是他的女朋友吗
Were you his girlfriend, Marcia?
不是
No.
我不知道你是否知道 他是同性恋
I don’t know if you knew, but he was gay.
出席官方活动时 我当过他的女伴
I used to accompany him when he’d go to official functions
因为共和党是不赞成同性恋的
because being gay was frowned on in the Republican Party.
但是他非常有魅力
But he was very charming and charismatic.
他有孩子吗
Tell me did he father any children.
菲洛梅娜 玛西亚刚说了他是同性恋
Philomena, Marcia just told us that Anthony was gay.
这我知道
Oh, I always knew that.
但我在想他也可能是双性恋
But I just wondered he might have been bicurious.
-双性恋 -我的很多护士同事都是同性恋
– Bi-curious? – A lot of the nurses I worked with were gay,
但有一个叫布兰登的告诉我他是双性恋
but one of them, called Brendan, told me he was bi-curious.
我觉得他不会那么绝对吧 玛西亚
I don’t think he could make up his mind, Marcia.
很抱歉 他没有孩子
He didn’t have any children. I’m sorry.
皮特爱他吗
Did Pete love him?
是的 他爱他
Yes, he did.
菲 你怎么知道他是同性恋的
Phil, how did you know he was gay?
他小时候就非常敏感
Well, he was a very sensitive little boy.
随后我一直都怀疑他是否是同性恋
And as the years rolled on I always wondered whether he might be.
当我看见他穿着粗布工作服的照片时
When I saw the photograph of him in the dungarees,
我就知道我没猜错
there was no doubt in my mind.
皮特 你觉得呢
Pete, what do you think?
它好像心情不太好
I think she’s in a bad mood.
今天好像有点脾气 是吧
She’s kind of got crabby today, huh?
不像你
Unlike you.
你为什么把这件事保密了五十年
Why did you kept this a secret for fifity years?
我的所作所为是一种罪过
What I’ve done was a sin,
于是我把它隐瞒起来
and I kept it all hidden away.
后来我又发觉
And then I thought to myself that
隐瞒一切也是种罪过
kept it all hidden away was also a sin,
因为我欺骗了所有人
because I was lying to everybody.
接着我就越来越不安
And as it went on I tied myself up in knots,
担心到底哪一种罪过更严重
worrying which was the worse sin of the two,
生下这个孩子 还是撒了谎
having the baby or the lying.
结果我自己也不知道了 马丁
Well, in the end, I couldn’t make up my mind, Martin.
马丁 我想问问你
I was going to ask you, Martin,
你写故事的时候
if it’d be possible
可以不用我的真名吗
not to use my real name when you write the story?
或许可以用南希
Perhaps you could call me Nancy?
我喜欢这个名字 南希
I’ve always loved that name, Nancy.
我有个侄女也叫南希
I have a niece called Nancy.
不行 人们会以为是她呢
Oh, no, maybe they’d think it’s her.
-安怎么样 安·波琳 -安·波琳
– What about Anne? Anne Boleyn? – Anne Boleyn?
这名字不错 不过有人用了
That’s a lovely name. Somebody had that…
我们恐怕得用你的真名 菲洛梅娜
We’re gonna have to use your real name, Philomena.
就是要这样
That’s the way these things work.
-玛丽吗 -我是
– Mary? – Yes.
你好 我是马丁
Hello, it’s Martin.
这是菲洛梅娜·李 安东尼的母亲
This is Philomena Lee. Anthony’s mother.
就是迈克尔的母亲
Well, Michael’s mother.
好吧
Okay.
这是我们的母亲
That’s our mother.
我们的养母
I mean, our adopted mother.
她人怎么样 玛丽 看起来是个好人

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章新岳父大人
下一篇文章梦女孩
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!