我五岁的时候 和我的父母从马恩岛来
…I was 5, with my parents from the Isle of Man.
是英格兰和爱尔兰中间一处可爱的小岛
It’s a lovely rock between England and Ireland.
你们一直都是恋人吗
Were you always sweethearts?
分分合合
Off and on.
你们什么时候结婚的
When were you married?
他去曼荷莲学院找我 我们就
He came to visit me at Mount Holyoke, and we… Heh.
我们为荣格的反应时间测试争执不休
We argued forever about Jung’s reaction-time test…
之后他就求婚了
…and then he proposed.
我没答应
I said no.
– 你什么时候答应的 – 他决心太足
– When did you say yes? – He was very determined.
我终于说了愿意 之后我们就结婚了
I said yes eventually, and then we were married.
你们相爱吗
Were you in love?
是的
Yes.
非常相爱
Very much.
那你为什么犹豫
What made you hesitate?
我害怕我会永远处于他的阴影之下
I was afraid I would always be in his shadow.
那你为什么又答应了
Then why did you say yes?
因为他尊重我
Because he respects me…
还有他爱我
…and he loves me…
而且他从不让人无聊
…and he’s never boring.
我不认为还能找到一个其他这样的男人了
I didn’t think I’d find those things in another man.
你所做的一切让我了解了你
I see you in everything you do.
我认为你举世无双
I think you’re magnificent.
多漂亮啊
Aren’t they beautiful?!
Marston教授 你准备好了吗
Professor Marston, are you ready?
– 是的 Marston夫人 我准备好了 – Byrne小姐 你准备好了吗
– Yes, Mrs. Marston, I believe I am. – Ms. Byrne, are you ready?
– 是的 Marston夫人 我准备好了 – 很好
– Yes, Mrs. Marston, I believe I am. – Very well. Right.
这是全新改进后的测谎仪
Here’s to the maiden voyage of the new…
首次测试
…and improved lie detector.

Yes.
你的名字是
Is your name…
William Moulton Marston?
是的
Yes.
真 你在哪居住
True. Where do you live?
路易斯安那州
Louisiana.
真 响应为假
True. False positive.
谁是美国总统
Who is the president of the United States?
Babe Ruth.
真 响应为假
True. False positive.
– 没用的 – 你才刚开始
– It doesn’t work. – You’ve barely started.
Babe Ruth不是总统 这东西没用
Babe Ruth is not the president. It’s not working.
你确定你血压计连的正确吗
Are you sure you’ve hooked up the sphygmomanometer properly?
我当然把血压计连对了
Of course I hooked up the sphygmomanometer properly.
再检查一遍电池 因为连接松了
Double-check this charge because this connection is loose.
不 放着别动 你别
No, leave it be, you don’t…
或许谎言需要更有意义
Perhaps the lies need to be more meaningful.
什么
What?
Marston教授对他住在波士顿还是路易斯安那州
Professor Marston is not invested in whether or not…
丝毫不关心
…he lives in Boston or Louisiana.
这就能说明他的血压没有上升的原因
It stands to reason his blood pressure would not go up.
她说的对
She’s right.
好吧
All right.
你爱你的妻子吗
Do you love your wife?
什么
What?
你爱你的妻子吗
Do you love your wife?
是的
Yes.

True.
你什么时候第一次见到Olive Byrne小姐
When did you first meet Ms. Olive Byrne?
她三个月前自愿来当研究助理的时候
She volunteered to work as a research assistant three months ago.

True.
你爱上了Olive Byrne吗
Are you in love with Olive Byrne?

No.
我猜它还是起作用了
Well, I guess it works after all.
我不爱他
I don’t love him.
– 你当然爱了 – 真的
– Heh. Of course you do. – No.
别把我当傻瓜 Olive
Don’t take me for a fool, Olive.
我是很多东西 但我绝不是傻瓜
I’m many things, but I’m not a fool.
– 我知道 你很聪明 – 你看不出来吗 结束了
– I know that. You’re brilliant. – Don’t you see? It’s over.
– 无论这是什么 都结束了 – 我爱你
– Whatever this is, was, it’s over. – I love you.
离我远点
Get away from me.
我 我很抱歉
I’m… I’m sorry.
收拾东西 我要你立刻离开这里
Gather your things. I want you out of here immediately.
测谎仪
The lie detector…
是你妻子的主意 是吧
…it was your wife’s idea, wasn’t it?
– 呃 收缩压的部分 – 重要的那部分
– Well, the systolic-blood-pressure part. – The important part.
– Elizabeth – 她走了
– Elizabeth? – She’s gone.
– 我抱歉她这么 – 我不想谈这个
– I’m sorry if she… – I don’t wanna talk about it.
我几年之前见过她一次 当时她是个法务员
I met her once years ago. When she was law clerking.
留下了很深的印象
Makes quite an impression.
是的 她确实
Yes, she does.
你把测谎仪
You’ve incorporated the
活用到了神奇女侠的漫画里
lie-detector test into the Wonder Woman comic…
她的真言套索 强迫罪犯说出真话
…her Golden Lasso, it forces criminals to tell the truth.

That is correct.
为什么神奇女侠是亚马逊人
Why is Wonder Woman an Amazon?
在希腊的神话中 亚马逊是一个强大的女性部落
In Greek mythology, Amazons were a powerful tribe of women…
– 不依靠男人生存 – 没有男人
– …who lived without men. – Without men?
对我来说重要的是女孩子们
It is important to me that young girls…
能认识到她们自身有能力
…realize they have the power
创造出她们自己的命运
within themselves to create their own destiny.
如果想当美国总统也可以
To be president of the United States if they want.
而神奇女侠的咒语是“受苦的莎孚”
And Wonder Woman’s catchphrase is “Suffering Sappho.”
莎孚是一个古希腊著名的诗人
Sappho is a famous poet from ancient Greece.
以对女人的爱恋闻名
Known for her love of women.
我的信仰是女性之间
It is my belief that passion and emotion…
的情欲和情感是完全自然的
…between women is perfectly natural.
Marston博士 女同性恋是一种情感疾病
Dr. Marston, lesbianism is an emotional illness.
作为心理学博士
As a doctor of psychology…
你对这种畸形举止的支持
…your endorsement of this abnormal behavior…
表现在你的漫画中是不负责任的
…in the pages of your comic is reckless.
我能休息一下吗
May I take a break, please?
我得伸伸腿
I need to stretch my legs.
– 你♥他♥妈♥在干嘛 – 那个女人从一开始就
– What the fuck are you doing? – That woman has been an enemy…
完全站在神奇女侠漫画的对立面
…of the Wonder Woman comic from the beginning.
她是美国儿童研究协会的会长
She’s the head of the Child Study Association of America.
每个美国的家长都听她说的话
Every parent in America listens to what she has to say.
我告诉你打个圆场
I told you to smooth it out.
我是说 有政客盯上这东西了
I mean, we got politicians sniffing around this thing.
他们谋划的是参议院下属委员会
They’re talking Senate subcommittees.
你知道那对我们意味着什么吗
You know what that would mean to us?
你进去好好表现
You got to go in there and play ball.
– 我要是不呢 – 那我就护不了你了
– And if I don’t? – Then I can’t protect you anymore…
还有神奇女侠
…or Wonder Woman.
她走了以后你伤心吗
You’ve been sad since she left?
我不伤心
I’m not sad.
或许我爱上了她
Maybe I’m in love with her too.
又或者我想要她因为你想要她
Or maybe I just want her because you do.
她的什么吸引了你
What is it that attracts you to her?
她很漂亮
She is beautiful…
诚实 善良 心灵纯真
…guileless, kind, pure of heart.
而你聪明
And you are brilliant…
凶猛 不罢休
…ferocious, hilarious…
还头等难搞
…and a grade-A bitch.
在一起 你们就是完美的女人
Together, you are the perfect woman.
你认为同时爱两个人可能吗
Do you think it’s possible to love two people at the same time?
我们想要的永远无法实现
What we want can never happen.
– 为什么不能 – 因为
– Why not? – Because…
世界不会让我们如愿
…the world won’t let it.
世界无法阻止我们
The world can’t stop us.
Byrne小姐 你能在课后留一下吗
Ms. Byrne, would you mind staying after class, please?
我们今天请你来是因为我们
We’ve asked you here today because we are…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!