So I must compose as I sing.
噢 炙热的火焰
o lambent flame
噢 神圣的力量
o force divine
然而这些的威力
o omnivorous power hail
却消除不了我的困惑
None is the swifter To bring destruction
使我逍遥自在
Yet, carefree as a child
当风狂野地吹着
Thou with wild breezes p laying
古老的种族因此而消失
The old Troy shall be no more because of thee
收成替人们
Thou harvester that strips
剥削着大地
The soil for men
种下新的作物
To sow new crops
噢 炙热的火焰
o lambent flame
噢 神圣的力量
o force divine
然而这些的威力只是如此
o omnivorous power hail
万岁 万岁
Bravo! Bravo!
各位该满意了吧
You must be content with that.
我的喉咙
My throat.
注意看克劳顿
Watch croton!
他会杀死三百多个对手
He’s killed over 300 opponents.
他能在别人还没查觉时
He could destroy
把对手的头扭掉
your nurses.
诗人欧休斯此刻心头一定很惭愧
Orpheus must be as yellow with envy as Lucan.
我觉得像支在太阳边上的蜡烛
I am as a candle next to the sun.
波楚尼 你怎么说
And you, Petronius, what do you say?
我以为皇上的诗歌♥很平常
Your verses are common
配这庆典的火光正好
And fit for the fire they celebrate.
这下波楚尼要再见了
Farewell, Petronius.
你挑到了什么样的毛病
What defect do you find?
你的诗歌♥比得上佛吉或荷马
Your verses are worthy of homer,
但却和你的身份不符
But not worthy of you.
你描述的还不够
The conflagration you describe
发人深省
Does not blaze enough.
如果是卢肯他写的
Had Lucan written these verses,
我会说他是天才
I should acknowledge him a genius.
但皇上你该创作世上空前作品
But you can create the world’s greatest work.
所以我敢面对你说
I say this to your eyes,
你该用更多痛苦去创作
Take greater pains.
上天赋予我天份 更给了我
The gods gave me something greater than talent…
波楚尼 真正的裁判和朋友
A true judge and friend.
你扩展了我的视野
You have opened my eyes.
我该为全人类来督促你
All men, born and unborn, are my debtors.
没错 我的火焰还没完全发挥
You’ re right. My conflagration does not burn enough.
知道为什么吗
And do you know why?
因为我从没看过焚烧中的城市
I’ve never seen a burning city.
你说必须从痛苦经验中重新创造
You said one must suffer an experience to recreate it.
雕刻家有他的模特儿
A sculptor has his model.
而我没有
I have no model.
为了写诗去烧一座城
Burn a city to create an epic?
就算为了实行我说的原则
That’s carrying the principle
这也太过份了
of art for art’s sake too far.
春天快过了
Soon spring will be over.
炎夏即将开始
The summer heat will begin.
热气将弥漫在罗马
What stenches will arise from Rome?
我该把朝廷搬去安东
I shall move the court to Antium.
你没注意看克劳顿的致命一击
You did not observe croton’s masterfull stroke.
不只是我
I was not the only one.
马可士他也无暇旁顾
Vinicius has hardly taken his eyes from her.
我倒要亲自瞧瞧
I must see this for myself.
那是场公平的拼斗
It was a fair match.
双方都有可能输
Either could have won.
将军
You seem p leased with my gift,
看来你很满意我送的礼物
commander.
对得起你的功劳吧
Is it enough
是不是
in the light of your service?
可人儿 你可知道
Do you know, lovely one?
皇上 我觉得由你来说比较好
No. I thought you should tell her.
莉吉 我将你赐给马可士将军
I have given you to Marcus Vinicius
做为他忠心和战功的赏赐
As a reward for his devotion to me.
此后波提不再是你的监护人
Your guardian is no longer general Plautius.
你将属于马可士家族
You be long to the household of Vinicius.
仔细看
on c loser inspection,
你真是份好赏赐
I find it a fair reward,
也许还有点赏得太重
Perhaps excessive.
皇上
Except, of course,
你很睿智地察觉到的那点
As you so wisely observed, divinity.
对啊
oh, yes.
臀部太小了
Too narrow in the hips.
招呼别的客人去吧
Let us go and greet my guests.
莉吉 你现在知道了
Now you know, Lygia.
有那么一阵子我觉得我可能爱你
And I thought I could love you.
善用你的美貌 做我的伴侣吧
Love as you were made to love.
爱不爱又有什么不一样
What difference does it make
你已经拥有我
Now that you own me?
随便你下命令
You have but to give the command.
对 我拥有你
I own you.
你也清楚这点
You realize that, don’t you?
用刑逼迫你爱我
I can have you flogged until you plead to love me.
要带就带 去你家或是其他
Take me then. Take me to your house. Anything.
除了为你祈祷 我绝不再开口
You will hear nothing from me, but a prayer.
马可士将军
Lygia commander Vinicius,
皇后马上要见你
The empress requests your presence at once.
好吧
Very well.
这里
Here.
带这女人去波楚尼家里
Take her to the house of Petronius.
让总管亚力山大盯着她
Put her in charge of Anaxander, master of s laves.
眼泪只有一种用途
Tears are but a prelude
为欢愉而祈祷
to joy.
等着我的时候 记住这点
Remember that while you wait for me.
你似乎的改善所有权遭遇了困难
You seem to be having difficulty in proving your ownership.
年轻男人喜欢和不驯的异性♥交♥手
Mares often enjoy fighting the it.
我常觉得男人和女人间的冲突
I’ve always found conflict between man and woman
是在浪费时间
A waste of time.
它消耗了许多 许多生命力
It consumes so much… Vitality.
皇后 说得好
Well said, empress.
我不是你的皇后
I am a priestess of amino.
我只是蛇神祭司 而你是大蛇
You are a serpent.
你有着毒杀者的唇
Poison is in your mouth,
我对毒药品味不凡 马可士
And I have a taste for poison, Marcus.
要变成条大蛇
To change to a serpent,
可不容易
That might take time.
我可以安排
I can bring that about.
这是将军的命令
Those are commander Vinicius ‘ orders.

Here.
真是笨
oh, how clumsy of me.
我知道你们的暗号♥
I know your symbol
虽然我不是你们一伙的
Even though I’m not yet one of you.
要勇敢 孩子
Have courage, child.
跟我来
come a long. Your fate is determined
记住至高无上的力量决定你命运
By the greatest power in this world.
他的旨意将被奉行
His will be done.
亲爱的 你该睡一下
You must get sleep.
一有消息我会叫你
I’ll call you.
不管如何该有消息啊
We should be hearing from Ursus soon.
早安
Good morning.
最好别再客套了
You’ re right. We’d better ignore the formalities.
请告诉莉吉我来接她
Tell Lygia I’ve come for her.
她被带走后我们再没有见面过
We’ve not seen Lygia.
立刻请她出来
Bring Lygia here at once.
跟你说我们不知道她在那里
We haven’t seen her.
将军 你说谎
You’ re lying, genera I.
我从不说谎

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!