prior to any U.S. attack.
上校 屠♥杀♥之前
Did you do that, try to evacuate the innocent people…
你有没有疏散无辜人群
before you slaughtered them?
反对 问题煽动 – 重组问题
Objection. That is inflammatory. – Rephrase, Major.
你有没有按照市区交战守则
Did you try, following Section C ofthe rules of engagement…
第C项 预先疏散无辜平民
for ground conflict in urban areas, to evacuate innocent civilians?
没有 – 没有
No. – No.
我还有一个问题
I just have one more thing, Colonel.
你有没有向李上尉重覆下令
Did you have to repeat your orders to Captain Lee?
什么 – 你命令李上尉
I’m sorry? – You ordered Captain Lee…
向敌人开火
to engage hostile targets, and he advised you…
他说火线范围内有妇孺
that there were women and children in the line of fire.
对不对 – 他不可能看得到
Is that correct? – He couldn’t see…
他有无立即遵命 有抑或无
Yes or no, Colonel? Didhe follow your first set of orders?
我记不起
I don’t remember.
李上尉供说自己疑迟
Captain Lee is on record as saying he hesitated…
他告诉你有狙击手
and mentioned the snipers in the buildings.
对吗 – 我记不起
Is his testimony accurate? – I don’t remember.
经过是不是这样
Let me get this straight.
你送走使♥馆♥的人
You evacuate the ambassador.
你回屋顶去 你两名部下阵亡
You go back to the roof. Two of your marines are K.I.A.
第三个 贾思域队长丧生
A third, Sergeant Krasevitch, dies.
你下令李上尉开枪 他不服从
“You give your captain an order which he doesn’t follow;”
并质疑你的命令
in fact, he questions.
跟著你怎说
And then you said what?
我记不起
I don’t remember.
你记不起
You don’t remember what you said next?
当时是作战 不是军训
It was combat, not some training exercise.
之后 你的部下开枪射击
A moment later, your men were shooting.
你说了什么 令部下开枪
What did you say to make that happen?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你必定说了什么 令李上尉改变立场
You must have said something. Captain Lee reversed himself.
说了什么 – 我不记起说了什么
What did you say? – I don’t know the exact words.
我可以提醒你 – 法官
Let me help you. – Your Honor.
你说 杀掉那班贱♥人♥ 是不是
You said, “Waste the motherfuckers,” didn’t you?
没有 – 有没有
No, no, no. – You didn’t say it?
事情发生得很快 – 上校 你宣过誓说实话
It all happened so fast… – You’re under oath, Colonel!
我可以帮你记忆
Let me refresh your memory.
这是威克岛号♥的录音
This is exhibit “ry” a tape recording made aboard…
记录了当日所有无线电通讯
the U.S.S. Wake Island of all radio communications received that day,
包括你那句话
including your exact words.
法官 请批准我播放
Your Honor, with your permission I would like to play this tape.
录到什么 我就说过什么
If you got it on tape, then that’s what I said!
他们在射杀我的部下 我承认说过
They were killing my marines, so, yeah, I said it!
杀掉那班贱♥人♥
Waste the motherfuckers!
这些是不是贱♥人♥ – 反对
Are these “the motherfuckers”? – Objection.
反对无效 – 是
Overruled. – Yes!
这些 – 反对
These? – Objection!

Yes!
这些 – 反对
These? – Objection!
反对无效 – 是的
Overruled. – Yes.
都是你下令
Are these “the motherfuckers”…
枪杀的贱♥人♥ – 法官
that you ordered to be wasted? – Your Honor.
少校 – 是的
Major. – Yes!
示♥威♥人群没有枪♥械♥ 对不对
The crowd in front of the embassy had no weapons, did they, Colonel?
反对 也找不到狙击手的枪♥械♥
Objection. We found no snipers’ weapons either.
人群有枪♥械♥
Yes, they had weapons!
上阵交锋 怎可以
You think there’s a script for fighting a war…
循规蹈矩
without pissing somebody off?
怎可以不伤和气
Follow the rules, and nobody gets hurt?
是 打仗会杀伤无辜
Yes, innocent people probably died.
打仗难免杀伤无辜
Innocent people always die.
但我没越权
But I did not exceed my orders!
军有军规 必须严守
There are rules, and marines are sworn to uphold them.
我不会坐视部下白白牺牲
I was not going to stand by and see another marine die…
只为顾存那些烂臭军规
just to live by those fucking rules!
上校
Colonel!
法官 请退庭休息
Your Honor, I request a recess.
少校
Major.
控方问完
The government is finished with Colonel Childers, Your Honor.
好 上校 批准休息
All right, Colonel, you have your recess.
为什么不告诉我你那句话
Why didn’t you tell me what you said?
我如果记得早就告诉你 – 杀掉那班贱♥人♥
I didn’t remember. – “Waste the motherfuckers”.
你不认为重要
That’s brilliant. You didn’t think that was important?
你为什么不知道有录音
Why didn’t you know about the goddamn recording?
你应该懂得 – 我只有一周时间准备官司
You’re supposed to know… – I had a week to prepare this case.
我怎知自己在替一个脓包辩护
I didn’t realize what a fuck up I’m defending.
现在你知道了 – 他妈的
Well, now you know. – Goddamn.
今次你我齐齐大镬 – 齐齐大镬
This is going to take us both down. – How’s that work?
你也要在监仓渡过下半世
You gonna spend the rest of your life in prison too?
对不起
I’m sorry.
我答得一塌糊涂 – 的确
I really screwed up in there, huh? – Yeah, you really did.
现在怎样 – 唉 天晓得
So what happens now? – Shit, I don’t know.
我不知道
I don’t know.
法官 控方传周平理上校
Your Honor, the government calls Colonel Bin Le Cao…
出庭作证 – 反对
as a rebuttal witness. – Objection, Your Honor.
为什么要传召他
What are the grounds for this rebuttal witness to be allowed?
两位律师请前来主审席
Will counsel please approach the bench.
周平理上校是什么人 – 他是前北越上校
Who is Colonel Bin Le Cao? – A North Vietnamese Colonel…
跟丘上校在西麓作过战
who fought against Colonel Childers at the battle of Ca Lu.
他可以驳斥丘上校的证供
What he has to say directly refutes statements made by Colonel Childers.
西麓战役几时打的 – 1968年
When was the battle of Ca Lu? – 1968.
现在不可以起诉他指挥不当
This is uncharged misconduct. It is not allowable under military law.
你怎知证人会指证他指挥不当
How do you know this witness is going to charge misconduct?
我认为
I’m assuming…
因为他参与过西麓战役
He knows because he was at the battle of Ca Lu.
对不对 – 对
Is that true? – Yes, sir.
你以什么理由传召证人
On what grounds are you calling your witness?
贺上校说丘上校作战经验丰富
Colonel Hodges made Colonel Childers’ combat experience part of his defense.
丘上校自称
Furthermore, Colonel Childers testified…
未杀过手无寸铁之人
that he never shoots unarmed people.
我的证人会作出有力回应
My witness has an important perspective on that statement.
我批准证人出庭
I’m gonna allow the witness.
你愿不愿意发誓
Do you swear or affirm…
你在本庭的供词
that the evidence you shal I give in this case…
完全属实
shall be the truth, the whole truth…
并无虚言
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我愿意
Yes, I do.
请报上名来
Will you please state your name for the court?
我叫周平理 – 1968年 你是
My name is Bin Le Cao. – In 1968, you were a colonel…
北越B3军团上校
with the North Vietnamese army, B3 regiment, involved in a fight…
对美国海军陆战队 在西麓作战
with American marines at Ca Lu in the Quang Tri province?

Yes, I was.
请对本庭说出该战役
Will you tell the court about that battle?
我们察觉到一小组美军
We were aware that small units of Americans…
在我指挥的军队附近出现
ryere ryeryr my company of men.
我寡敌众
We found ourselves behind your forces.
幸而我们在美军背后
This was lucky for us because we were out numbered.
你认不认得这个人
Do you recognize this man?
认得
Yes.
当日他俘掳了你和你的通讯员 – 对
Did he capture you and your radio operator that day? – Yes.
他制♥服♥了你们 缴了你们械
Did he remove your weapons and place you under armed guard?

Yes.
你是不是成为战俘
Did you consider yourself a prisoner of war?

Yes.
他枪毙了你的通讯员
Did he execute your radio operator?

Yes.
你亲眼看见他枪毙战俘
You personally saw him shoot a fellow prisoner of war?

Yes.
怎样枪毙
Where did he shoot him?
向头颅开枪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!