♪ 全都是为了爱情 ♪
♪ What’s all this talk about love ♪
马里兰州的人还在议论纷纷
On the local front, our town of Hale, Maryland,
谈论那篇描写卡美姬的专栏文章
is still buzzing about the lessthanflattering article…
about their native daughter, Maggie Carpenter.
专栏名作家甘艾基
Her bridal exploits were taken to task…
勾勒出美姬做新娘时所做过的事
by New York columnist Ike Graham in USA Today.
还把她称为…
Mr. Graham called her
编辑雅鉴:乡村弱女有事讨教
Dear Editor: Greetings from the sticks.
台端谅必以为乡间教育
Perhaps you believe that a rural education is focused mainly…
只会饲养猪只,修理破车 断无知书识墨之人
on hog calling and tractor maintenance rather than reading.
否则何以对小女子造谣生非
Why else would you print a piece of fiction about me and call it fact?
尚一口咬定千真万确?
Why else would you print a piece of fiction about me and call it fact?
小妹揣测甘艾基先生千头万绪
I suppose Mr. Graham was too busy thinking up slanderous statements…
捏造小妹以抛弃男人为乐事
about how I dump men for kicks…
而不肯多方求证方才下笔
to bother with something silly like accuracy in reporting.
既然悍妇在逃,谁愿多方求证
Which is understandable, because with a maneater like me on the loose,
此事亦可理解也!
who has time to check facts?
今天一起吃午餐好吗? 我要去银行
Hey, Frances, lunch today? No, I’m going to the bank.

Hey. Hey.
我会替你美言几句
I’m going to put in a good word for you.
不了,不要提起我的名字啊
Don’t mention my name.
原来甘先生之编辑乃女士也
That’s why I was surprised to find… Mr. Graham’s editor was a woman.
吾辈悍妇亦应群策群力矣!
Call me a sentimental fool, but I hoped we maneaters could stick together.
我想敬告大城市的居民
“Anyway, I’m just dropping you bigcity folk this little note…
我想到作出重大牺牲以尝宿愿
to say that I have thought of a ritual sacrifice… That would satisfy my current appetite:
就是删除甘艾基所写的专栏
“Ike Graham’s column on a platter.”
卡美姬敬上 再启:
“Yours truly, Maggie Carpenter. P.S.
随函列上尊稿舛误之处
“I have enclosed a list of gross factual misrepresentations in your article.
共有十五处
There are fifteen.”
真有趣,我很喜欢她
Funny. I like her.
她有种
She’s got spunk.
这就是舛误清算了 我们的律师说她可以采取行动
Ike, look. She sent us this list. Our lawyers say it’s actionable.
我留言了 你没有回我的电♥话♥
I left you four messages. You don’t return my calls.
我们婚后我从不回你的电♥话♥
I never returned your calls. Even when we were married
费舍尔在这里做什么?
What’s Fisher doing here?
哦 艾莉让我下来提供精神上的支持
Oh, Ellie asked me to come down to offer moral support.
雅莉几时要靠精神上的支持啊?
Since when does Ellie need moral support?
是在精神上支持你呀!
It’s for you, Ike.
你说什么?
What? What?
新闻行业第一条守则
Journalism lesson number one:
凡捏造事件者必遭革职
If you fabricate your facts, you get fired.
第二条:永远不要为你的前配偶工作。
Lesson number two: Never work for your former spouse.
与那无关
That has nothing to do with it.
你捏造这篇报导
You cooked this story up, and you know it
我并非捏造的,资料是有来源的
I did not cook anything up. I had a source.
来自酒吧的醉酒鬼吧?
Someone reliable? Some boozehound in a bar?
古语有云:酒后吐真言
In vino veritas.
别攻击酒吧里的醉汉了 Hey,
hey, hey. Don’t knock drunk guys in bars.
至少他们不会醉酒驾驶 It
means they’re not driving.
况且嘛…我是个专栏作家
Besides, I am a columnist.
专栏作家是这样写稿的嘛
This is what columnists are supposed to do.
这就是你要的 我甘愿冒险
It’s what you like. We push, we stretch, we go out on a limb.
让我成功
That’s what makes me good.
不 会令你丢饭碗!
No, that’s what makes you unemployed.
让我受一下轻微的处罚吧
All right. Let’s consider that my wrist has been slapped.
轻微地打我的手腕吧,来啊
There. Slap it. Go ahead, just
打我的手腕,功过相抵了
Slap my wrist. That’s done.
觉得我受够惩罚就打电♥话♥给我吧
Just give me a call when you feel that
我们可以卷土重来
I’ve served my time, and move on.
你这次是永不超生了,艾基!
This is permanent, Ike.
如果你接受 我会给续约金
If you go quietly, I’ll get you severance pay.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry, Ike.
亲爱的 我在厨房♥
Bob Honey In the kitchen!
“帖着墙欢好,情趣更加高”
她把他开除了
Honey, she canned him! Honey?
她开除了他啦
Bob, she canned him!
啊 什么 你看 报纸上这么说
Yeah! What are you talking about? Listen, it’s in the paper.
先帮我下
Try this on first. Okay.
我想读给你听 好的
I wanna read it to you, so come over this way. Okay.
准备听吧,“美姬女士雅鉴”
Ready? “Dear Maggie Carpenter:
“是次错误报导,谨致由衷歉意”
I apologize to you for this unfortunate matter.”
“甘艾基之专栏将被本报删除”
Here it is. “Ike Graham’s column will no longer be appearing in this paper.
“敬祝婚姻幸福无比”
Best of luck in your upcoming marriage.”
你会在喜玛拉雅山背负着它
Okay, this is the weight of the pack you’ll be carrying in the Himalayas.
如果太重告诉我 再调整
You let me know if it’s too heavy. Okay. Whoa!
是重了点
A little… yeah. Yeah, a little heavy, baby.
请留下口讯
Hi, it’s me. Leave a message after the beep.
想要传真 没门
If you want to leave a fax, buy me a fax machine
是我
Ike, Fisher.
我正在运用报馆的传递带印照片
I’m doing a photo spread for G.Q. today by the convey or belt.
我要挽救你的事业,请来见我
Meet me. I’ll save your tush.
我帮绅士哥利打散工
And since I do freelance stuff for G.Q. now, I have an idea.
可以想出妙计扭转乾坤
What are you saying? Vindication.
证明你的报导虽然并非全部属实
A chance to prove that although your story wasn’t entirely factual,
但你的理论却是正确的
your theory was correct.
卡小姐的真人真事
The real story on Miss Carpenter.
全部细节都是骇人听闻的
All the gory details.
嗯哼 嗯哼
Mmhmm. Mmhmm.
如果她再跑 头条给你
And if she runs again, you got a cover story.
♪ 哦 她来了 ♪
♪ Oh, here she comes ♪
♪ 小心,她会咬你的 ♪
♪ Watch out, boy she’ll chew you up ♪
♪ 哦 她来了 ♪
♪ Oh, here she comes ♪
♪ 她很凶猛 ♪
♪ She’s a maneater ♪
♪ 哦 她来了 ♪
♪ Oh, here she comes ♪
♪ 小心,她会咬你的 ♪
♪ Watch out, boy she’ll chew you up ♪
♪ 哦 她来了 ♪
♪ Oh, here she comes ♪
♪ 她很凶猛 ♪
♪ She’s a maneater ♪
♪ 她会整夜游走 ♪
♪ She’ll only come out at night ♪
♪ 寻找目标 ♪
♪ The lean and hungry type ♪
“欢迎光临马里兰的小镇”
♪ 没什么了不起 我经历过 ♪
♪ Nothing is new I’ve seen her here before ♪
♪ 观察并等待 ♪
♪ Watching and waiting ♪
♪ 她和你一齐观望 ♪
♪ She’s seated with you but here yes are on the door ♪
“我去恤发,很快回来,美姬留字”
♪ 我是你就不会 ♪
♪ I wouldn’t if I were you ♪
♪ 我知道她能 ♪
♪ I know what she can do ♪
♪ 她可以撕碎你的胸膛 ♪
♪ She’s deadly, man She could really rip your world apart ♪
♪ 心无旁骛 ♪
♪ Mind over matter ♪
♪ 外表美丽 内心狂野 ♪
♪ Oh, the beauty is there but a beast is in the heart ♪
你的房♥间在楼上转左
Here you go. Right upstairs to the left.
餐厅几点钟打烊?
Thanks. How late’s the restaurant open?
每晚开到八点半 那么晚还开?
8:30 every night. That late, huh?
仙迪,可以把狗儿赶走吗?
Cindy, can you eightysix Sprout?
它在舔我放进去的滑液呢!
He’s licking up all the petroleum distillates I’m trying to put in.
抱歉 它又不乖了
Oh, sorry. She’s an obedience-school dropout.
坐下
Have a seat.
“卷发兼染发”
你真棒,你真棒
You’re a goddess. You’re a goddess!
我这次有机会平♥反♥了
Shazam! I think I’m in Mayberry.
我只不过加一点溶液进去而已
I didn’t have to change a gasket, just put in new hydraulic fluid.
别讨好我了
Oh, you turn a girl’s head. Whoa!
请问一下
xcuse me. Hello?
嗨,我是来找卡美姬的
xcuse me. Could you help I’m looking for Maggie Carpenter.
硬件店门前有一张字条
There was a, uh, note on the door of the hardware store across the street.
根据我过往的经验
It’s just been our experience that…
能穿这种平底船鞋来这里的
anyone who comes in here with tassels on his loafers…
都是想访问美姬的大都市记者
is a bigcity reporter wanting to do an interview with Maggie.
关于…她未来婚礼的事
About her upcoming wedding and all.
知道她把那纽约专栏作家弄走吧
Actually about her getting that asshole from New York fired.
我刚巧的确是个记者 你是谁呢?
I am just such a reporter. And who are you?
碧姬 但并非那个六十年代的溜冰冠军
Peggy Flemming. Not the ice skater.
进来吧 这些漂亮的女士是什么人呢!
Come in, come in. Who are these lovely ladies?
我叫仙迪,是美姬的未嫁表妹

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!