– Everywhere but this convent… – Oh, come on.
除了我没人知道你在这儿
Nobody knows you’re here but me.
我们会设法让你尽早上庭 一个月 最多两个月
We’re trying to get you a quick court date. One month, two months tops.
我保证尽快还你自♥由♥身
I promise I’m gonna spring you as fast as I can.
我在这儿能做什么 我会疯的
What am I gonna do here? I’m gonna go crazy here.
那儿只有一堆修女走来走去
There’s nothing here but a lot of white women dressed as nuns.
我能做什么
What am I gonna do here?
祈祷
Pray.
祈祷
Pray?
可是 主教 我们只是一家小修道院
Yes, but, monsignor, we are a small convent.
肯定可以找到更合适的地方
Surely there are more appropriate places.
我们可以救那女人一命 而且还可以让那寄生虫坐牢
We can save this young woman’s life and imprison a parasite, all in one gesture.
我也很同情她
My heart goes out to her, of course.
可我怕她搞得我们鸡犬不宁
My concern would be she might subject the convent to danger.
瑞里警方会确保你们的安全
The Reno Police Department assures me you’ll be protected from any harm.
而且警方还答应 给你们一笔大捐赠
They’ve promised to make a generous financial donation.
你也清楚你们的经济状况
And as you know, your small convent is in danger of closing.
如果他们能如此慷慨
Well, if they can afford to be so generous,
那我们也能大方点
so can we.
对不起
Excuse me.
绝对不行 我不能这样做
Absolutely not. I couldn’t possibly!
你换个思路 就当给她一个改过自新的机会
Think of it this way, reverend mother. She’s an ideal prospect for rehabilitation.
她可不是个低调的女人
That is not a person you can hide.
一副花枝招展的样子
That is a conspicuous person designed to stick out.
你发过誓要对所有 身临患乱的人提供帮助
You have taken a vow of hospitality to all in need.
我说谎
I lied.
索瑟中尉 一切都安排好了
Lieutenant Souther, everything is in order.
不 不 不 还没安排好 这个女人不喜欢我
No, no, no, everything is not in order. This woman does not like me.
-她们可是遍施爱心的圣人 -爱怎么说随你了
– Deloris, these are holy people. They like everybody. – I don’t care what you say.
-好了 就一个月 顶多两个月 -好了 好了
– One month, two months, tops. – No, forget it.
-我不呆在这儿 -你别这样
– I’m not staying here! – Behave yourself.
我不呆在这儿
I’m not gonna stay here!
-你叫什么名字 -迪劳丽丝 范凯蒂
– What is your name? – Deloris Van Cartier.
是真名吗
Is that your real name?
是的 我是个歌♥手的
Yes. I happen to be a singer.
-哦 请坐 -谢谢
– Do sit down. – Thank you.
我很感激你为我所做的一切
I just want to say that I really appreciate what you’re doing for me.
我知道这对你们来说很不方便
I know it must be a huge inconvenience for you.
所以我只想说声谢谢
Yeah, so I just wanted to say thank you upfront.
我总是对别人说
I also have always And I’ve said this to people.
我很尊敬你们这些修女
I’ve always admired you people.
我的意思是说
Nuns, I mean. You know.
你们是 你知道 很有同情心的
You’re so Catholic. You know?
我是说你们嫁给了耶酥
I mean, look, you’re married to the big JC.
给他老人家守活寡
I mean, you’re his old lady, you know?
我真觉得很不可思议 当然你会说
It’s an amazing thing to me. I mean, of course you must be saying,
“那比 嫁给一个花心萝卜要好的多”
“Well, it’s much better than being hooked up with some kind of two-timing…”
请不要在这里抽烟
Please, do not smoke in here.
对不起 我很紧张
Oh, sorry, sorry. You know, I get so nervous, I get worked up.
我一紧张就有点坐不住 对不起
I just have… I don’t know. I’m sorry.
范凯蒂小姐
Look, Ms. Van Cartier,
我们答应收留你 保护你
we have agreed to conceal and protect you,
我们会尽力而为的
which we will do to the best of our ability.
可你得清楚
However it is essential that you understand…
这不是马戏团 也不是酒吧
…that you are not in a sorority or a speakeasy.
这里是修道院 宗教圣地
This is a convent. A religious order.
有些规矩你必须遵守
And there are certain rules you must obey.
圣凯瑟琳是一个 忏悔和祈祷的地方
Saint Katherine’s is a place to commune and to pray.
我不能容忍♥任何违反规矩的行为
And I will not tolerate any disruption whatsoever with that communion.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
-明白 -那就好
– Yes. – Good.
可你明不明白我是一个受害者 我是一个好人
But do you understand I’m the victim here? Do you understand I’m the good guy?
只是他们把我丢在这里 和你们这些修女在一起
I mean, they just kind of threw me in here with you nuns.
你明白吗
I mean, do you get that?
我是个好人 我只是目睹一桩杀人案
I’m the good guy. I mean, I saw a guy get his face blown off!
你不如把房♥间的钥匙给我
So why don’t you just give me the key to my room?
我在那闭关 你见不着我 我也见不着你
I’ll lay low. You stay out of my face, I’ll stay out of your face.
我自己在里面反省
And I will commune my little black ass in that room.
这样可以吗
Can you handle that?
-真是个好主意 -谢谢
– I think it’s a very good idea. – Thank you.
快到吃午饭的时间了
Well, it’s almost lunchtime.
可能你想洗一洗
Perhaps you’d like to freshen up.
你肯定得换身衣服
And you’ll certainly want to change.
你别指望我会穿那些企鹅皮
Hope you don’t think I’ll wear what I wore in Catholic school.
不 我不♥穿♥修女服 也不♥穿♥这些笨重的鞋子
No, siree. No ugly green jumpers for me. And those stupid clunky shoes.
你能帮我把这些 金闪闪衣服的拿去干洗吗
Oh, this gold thing, could you have it dry-cleaned for me?
打开你左边的柜子 你会找到适合你的衣服
Open the cabinet to your left. You will find suitable attire.
啊 有意思
Oh, cool.
不 不 不 我不能这样 对不起
Oh, no. No, no, no. I can’t do this. I’m sorry.
这倒好了 遮得住肚子却遮不住屁♥股♥
This is fine for covering a little bulge, but now I’ve got holster hips.
你一被人见到就小命不保了
People wish to kill you. Anyone who’s met you, I imagine.
所以乔装是必要的保护
A disguise is necessary to protect us all.
在这你就得像个修女
While you are here, you will conduct yourself as a nun.
只有我才知道你是谁
Only I will know who and what you truly are.
你千万不能引起别人的注意
You will draw no attention to yourself whatsoever.
可你看我这样 简直像只企鹅
But look at me! I’m a nun! I’m a penguin!
从现在起 你就是玛莉 克拉伦斯修女
As from now and until you leave, you are Sister Mary Clarence.
玛莉 克拉伦斯 扫荡三人组里主角的妹妹
Mary Clarence like Clarence Williams III from The Mod Squad?
玛莉是从圣母的名字而来
Mary is in deference to our Holy Mother.
克拉伦斯是为了纪念圣 克拉伦斯
The Clarence is in honour of Saint Clarence of Concordia.
每个圣女要立守三个誓言
There are three vows every nun must accept.
这就是贫穷 顺从和圣洁
The vow of poverty, the vow of obedience, and the vow of chastity.
这个我做不到
I am out of here with that.
哦 天啦
Oh, man.
下午好 修女们 很抱歉我来迟了
Good afternoon, sisters. I apologise for my tardiness.
今天我们欢迎一名新成员
I would like you to welcome a new member to our house.
玛莉 克拉伦斯
Sister Mary Clarence.
玛莉 克拉伦斯以前在一个较激进的修道院
Mary Clarence comes to us from a somewhat progressive convent.
可她渴望更严谨的生活
However she’s eager to embrace a more disciplined life
她会遵守我们这里的规矩的
and I am sure will make every effort to conform to our ways.
我会尽力的
I’ll do my best.
-你找个位子坐下吧 -谢谢
– Would you like to be seated? – Thank you.
玛莉 帕特里克 请说
Yes, Mary Patrick?
院长嬷嬷 我代表圣凯瑟琳修道院
Reverend mother, on behalf of all of the sisters here at Saint Katherine’s,
所有修女欢迎玛莉 克拉伦斯
I’d like to offer a great, big “hi there and hello” to Sister Mary Clarence. Hi.
作为欢迎的一部分我希望
And as part of the welcome,
新修女能为我们做今天的祈祷词
I thought that maybe our new sister could offer today’s blessing.
你想的很周到 不过我
That is very thoughtful of you, Mary Patrick, but I really…
是的 我可以
Oh, yeah, yeah, I could do that. Sure.
保佑我们 上帝呀 用这些我们可以接受的礼物
Bless us, O Lord, for these thy gifts which we are about to receive.
啊 对了
And, yea,
虽然我从没有食物的山谷走过
though I walk through the valley of the shadow of no food,
但我不惧怕饥饿
I will fear no hunger.
我们要您提供我们日常需要的面包
We want you to give us this day our daily bread
并且给他代表的共和国
and to the republic for which it stands and by the power invested in me,
我以授予我的力量 宣布可以就餐了 阿门
I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.
阿门
Amen.
请坐
Be seated.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们这是怎么回事呀 吃这种清教♥徒♥的饭真是太糟糕了
What are you people? This stuff is terrible! It tastes like sh…
姐♥妹♥们♥ 我们今天不能再说话了
Sisters, we shall spend the rest of the day in silence.
为什么
Why?
只有保持沉默的时候 我们的祷告才能得到响应
Only when our lips are silent may our prayers truly be answered.
那动嘴吃饭还不行吗
Then you don’t have to eat this food.
现在开始沉默 直到日落
Silence begins now and ends at sundown.
你怎么能吃这种东西 简直太难吃了
How can you eat this stuff? It’s terrible.
玛莉 克拉伦斯
Mary Clarence,
我想你大概喜欢禁食
I think you might enjoy a ritual fast.
禁食 不 不 我不喜欢
A ritual fa…? No, no, no, I don’t think I would.
我放点盐就行了 你帮我把盐递过来 好吗
I’ll just put a little salt on it. It’ll be fine. Look. Pass me the salt over there.
禁食

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章心灵捕手
下一篇文章蒂凡尼的早餐
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!