尤其是像柯萨斯这种人
especially a man like Crassus.
-你认识他 -我为他表演过
-You know him? -I entertained him one afternoon.
-你 -在竞技场内
-You? -In the arena.
很棒的酒
Excellent wine.
-我能问你一件事吗 -你问吧
-May I ask you something? -You can ask.
你一定知道自己会输 对不对
Surely you know you’re going to lose, don’t you?
目前你别无选择
You have no chance.
罗马守卫军的六支步兵队
At this very moment, six cohorts of the garrison of Rome…
正在逼近中
are approaching this position.
你打算怎么办
What are you going to do?
我们会见机行事
We’ll decide that when they get here.
让我换个方式说
Let me put it differently.
如果你在水晶球里…
If you looked into a magic crystal…
看到你的军队被摧毁 看到你的死亡
and you saw your army destroyed and yourself dead…
如果你看到未来发生的事情
if you saw that in the future…
虽然我相信你早就知道了
as I’m sure you’re seeing it now…
你还会继续下去吗
would you continue to fight?
-我会 -知道你们一定会输
-Yes. -Knowing that you must lose?
知道我们有过机会
Knowing we can.
只要是人 终究不免一死 死亡便是失去
All men lose when they die and all men die.
但奴隶和自♥由♥人 失去的东西不同
But a slave and a free man lose different things.
他们都失去生命
They both lose life.
自♥由♥人死时 失去的是生命的喜悦
When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life.
奴隶失去的是痛苦
A slave loses his pain.
死亡是奴隶所能寻求 唯一的解脱
Death is the only freedom a slave knows.
是他为何会不怕的原因
That’s why he’s not afraid of it.
也是我们会获胜的原因
That’s why we’ll win.
斯巴达格斯 海盗说得没错
Spartacus, that pirate was right.
罗马的守卫军 他们正在扎营
The garrison of Rome, they’re setting up camp.
-有多少人 -大约六支步兵队
-How many are there? -About six cohorts.
-在哪 -在村口靠着
-Where? -At the mouth of the valley…
峭壁的地方
against the cliffs.
-坚固的军营 -他们没有筑栅栏
-Strong camp? -They have no stockade.
没有栅栏 你确定
No stockade? Are you sure?
-我非常确定 -他们是来野餐的
-I’m very sure. -This campaign is great sport for them.
完全不把这场仗放在眼里
The Romans are having a picnic.
-你们有没有被发现 -没有 我们躲在暗处
-Did they see you? -No! We were hidden.
或许我们应该加入他们的野餐
Maybe we ought to join this Roman picnic.
召集人马
Form your men.
六支步兵队
Six cohorts.
大量的武器和装备
A lot of arms and weapons…
是我们建军所需要的
to build our army with.
魁克斯一直希望偷袭罗马
Crixus always wanted to march on Rome.
现在他不需要那么做了
Now he doesn’t have to.
罗马自己送上门来
Rome’s come to us.
一半的人去那边 剩下的跟我来
Half this way! The rest over there.
站起来 像个罗马贵族一样
Stand up, the way a noble Roman should!
他可是罗马的骄傲
That’s Roman pride for you!
这样好多了
That’s better.
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
马可斯格莱布斯
Marcus Glabrus.
罗马守卫军的指挥官
Commander of the garrison of Rome!
指挥官
Commander?
我们发现他的时候 他正假藉装死来指挥军队
He was commanding it on his belly when we found him, playing dead!
马可斯格莱布斯 你太让我失望了
You disappoint me, Marcus Glabrus.
装死
Playing dead.
你怕死吗
You afraid to die?
要死很容易
It’s easy to die.
你没看过竞技场的斗剑士
Haven’t you seen enough gladiators in the arena…
死得多么容易吗
to see how easy it is to die?
你当然看过
Of course you have.
你打算怎么对付我
What are you going to do to me?
我不知道
I don’t know.
-我们该怎么对付他 -让我跟他进行一场双人厮杀
-What should we do with him? -Let’s have a matched pair, him and me.
我不会像斗剑士般格斗的
I’ll not fight like a gladiator!
你一直盯着它看
You keep staring at this.
你认得这把权杖
Do you recognize this baton?
-是的 -你该认得 本来在你帐蓬里
-Yes! -You should! It was in your tent.
议员的象徵
The symbol of the senate.
罗马的力量
All the power of Rome!
这就是罗马的力量
That’s the power of Rome!
带回去给你的元老院
Take that back to your senate.
告诉他们 罗马守卫军
Tell them you and that broken stick is all
只剩下你和这根破权杖
that’s left of the garrison of Rome!
告诉他们 我们什么都不要
Tell them we want nothing from Rome.
我们只要属于我们的自♥由♥
Nothing except our freedom!
只想离开这个该死的国家
All we want is to get out of this damn country!
朝南面的海洋前进
We’re marching south to the sea.
不论派任何军队来 都会被我们击败
And we’ll smash every army they send against us.
把他放到马上
Put him on a horse!
他们的领袖说 他们是如此的厌恶罗马
Their leader said their hatred of Rome was such…
只盼望能够早日脱离她的统治
that all they wished was to escape from her rule.
如果没有遭遇抵抗 他答应会和平的朝海洋前进
If unopposed, he promised a peaceful march to the sea.
一旦遭遇抵抗 他威胁要破坏乡村
If opposed, he threatens to ravage the countryside…
并摧毁所有派去的军团
and destroy every legion sent against him.
一旦他们抵达海边
And once they get to the sea?
他们打算搭乘 西莱西亚海盗的船 返回家园
They plan to take ship with Cilician pirates and return to their homes.
他们计划从那个港口登船
From which port do they propose to embark?
我不知道
I don’t know.
城市的守卫军 绝对无法对抗他们
But city garrisons can’t stand up to them.
如果要拦截他们 应该是军团的工作
If they are to be intercepted, it’s work for the legions!
这群奴隶的领袖 是什么样的人
What sort of a man is this leader of the slaves?
我不清楚
I don’t know.
只知道他们叫他 斯巴达格斯
I think they called him Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯
Spartacus?
你听过这个名字吗
Is that name familiar to you?
是的 我好像听过
Yes, it does seem to be.
我一时想不起来
I can’t place it.
你们谈完以后呢
After he talked to you, what happened then?
我被绑在马上 被鞭打着离开军营的
I was tied to a horse and lashed out of camp.
有多少士兵逃脱
How many ofyour company escaped?
目前为止 有十四个人回来报到
Fourteen have reported thus far.
我被他们囚禁 关在指挥帐蓬里
I myself was taken prisoner in my own command tent.
营区是在措手不及的情况下 遭到偷袭的
The camp was thoroughly infiltrated before an alarm could be sounded.
你是否在军营四周 建筑护城河以及栅栏
Did you surround your camp with moat and stockade?
没有
No.
我们在天黑后扎营 每隔十步一哨…
We arrived after sunset. Sentries were posted every ten paces.
完全没有理由担心 夜间会受到攻击
There was no reason to expect an attack by night.
不过 他们…
Then again, well, they…
继续说
Continue.
他们只是群奴隶
They were only slaves.
我明白了
I see.
我提案 马可斯格莱布斯 使罗马的军队蒙羞
I submit that Publius Marcus Glabrus has disgraced the arms of Rome.
由元老院宣布对他的惩罚
Let the punishment of the senate be pronounced.
每一位自取其辱的指挥官 如果都受到惩罚
If we punished every commander who made a fool of himself…
百夫长以上的指挥官 势必会全部消失
we wouldn’t have anyone left above the rank of centurion.
但本案事关严重的刑事疏忽
But this is a case of criminal carelessness!
六支步兵队惨遭屠♥杀♥
Six cohorts have been slaughtered.
是柯萨斯提拔他的
Crassus sponsored this young man.
交给他来宣判吧
Let him pronounce sentence.
惩罚是大家都知道的
The punishment is well -known!
马可斯格莱布斯将待在
Let Publius Marcus Glabrus be denied…
不能有食物 饮水及避难所 不得取暖
fire, water, food and shelter…
距离罗马城四百英哩处
for a distance of 400 miles in all directions from the city of Rome.
还有一件事
One thing more.
格莱布斯是我的朋友 我绝对不会置身事外
Glabrus is my friend, and I will not dissociate myself from his disgrace.
我现在交出军团的指挥权
I now lay down the command of my legions…
退役过平民的生活
and retire to private life.
再见 柯萨斯
Good -bye, Crassus.
现在不是重荣誉的人 退出公众事务的时候
This is no time for a man of honour to withdraw from public affairs!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!