The scheme is excellent…
不过我希望 你不是要我去偷她
but I hope you’re not suggesting that I steal the woman!
没错
Yes.
买♥♥几匹马和一个有蓬的马车
Buy some horses and a cart with a canopy.
趁天黑时把她带来这里
Bring her here by nightfall.
让勇气成为 你新发现的美德之一
Add courage to your newfound virtues.
五十万元能让你勇敢吗
Would half a million sesterces make you brave?
五十万
Half a million?
确实是让我的胆量 变得比较大
Crassus does seem to dwindle in the mind, but…
让我们把你变得更勇敢 凑成一百万如何
Let’s reduce him still further. A round million!
一百万
A million.
这个金额可以直接贿赂爱神
For such a sum, I could bribe Jupiter himself!
用不着这么多
With a lesser sum, I have.
原谅我的冒昧
Forgive the intrusion.
你知道 我并不习惯不请自来
You know I’m not in the habit of coming into your house uninvited.
我这里一向都欢迎你
You’ve always been welcome here…
以学生的身份
as a pupil.
-你不是一个人来 -不
-You’re not alone. -No.
你来有什么指教
This time you’ve come to teach.
你是柯萨斯的人
You’ve joined Crassus?
-我被捕了 -不是
-Am I arrested? -No.
但我必须要求你 立刻跟我去元老院
But I must ask you to come with me to the senate immediately.
这么做不是为了我自己
What I do, I do not for myself…
是为了罗马
but for Rome.
可怜 无助的罗马
Poor helpless Rome!
让我们去听听 柯萨斯有什么要说的
Let’s go and hear more about Rome from Crassus!
你以为有五百年历史的罗马
Did you truly believe 500 years of Rome…
会如此轻易的 被交到暴民手中
could so easily be delivered into the clutches of a mob?
六千具俘虏的尸体 已经排列在
Already the bodies of 6,000 crucified slaves…
亚平宁通道上
line the Appian Way.
剩下最后两名 明天会在我父亲的神殿…
Tomorrow the last of their companions will fight to the death…
进行生死格斗 当是向他奉献的祭品
in the temple of my fathers as a sacrifice to them.
那些奴隶的下场 就是你们这群暴民的借镜
As those slaves have died, so will your rabble…
他们如果对效忠新政♥权♥ 有半点迟疑
if they falter one instant in loyalty to the new order of affairs.
他们就是帝国的敌人
The enemies of the state are known.
而且会即刻被逮捕 监狱里将人满为患
Arrests are in progress. The prisons begin to fill.
在每个省分 城市 都备有一份叛逆份子的名单
In every city and province, lists of the disloyal have been compiled.
明天他们会为自己 愚蠢的行为付出代价…
Tomorrow they will learn the cost of their terrible folly…
就是叛国罪
their treason.
在这份名单上
Where does my name appear…
我的名字会出现在哪里
on the list of disloyal enemies of the state?
第一个
First.
全看你 我并不打算报复
Yet upon you I have no desire for vengeance.
你的财产不会受影响
Your property shall not be touched.
你会保留元老院议员的头衔
You will retain the rank and title of Roman senator.
一间房♥子…
A house…
一间在帕西蒙的农庄 为你以后流亡所准备的
a farmhouse in Picenum has been provided for your exile.
你可以带你的女人去
You may take your women with you.
你饶我一命又有什么目的
Why am I to be left so conspicuously alive?
你的支持者笨到只相信你
Your followers are deluded enough to trust you.
我希望你能出面 帮我说服他们
I intend that you shall speak to them tomorrow for their own good…
为了他们的以后着想
their peaceful and profitable future.
从那以后…我会需要你
From time to time thereafter, I may find it useful…
不时回罗马安抚他们
to bring you back to Rome to continue your duty to her…
稳定嫉妒的情绪
to calm the envious spirit…
和不安的心灵
and the troubled mind.
你会说服他们 接受命运和秩序
You will persuade them to accept destiny and order…
并且相信天神
and trust the gods!
你可以走了
You may go.

Halt!
为什么把自己隐藏在围巾下
Now, why hide behind that stola?
这样好多了
That’s better.
那件洋装花了一名女奴 几个星期的时间
That dress took some weeks of a woman’s life.
你应该尊敬她的工作
You, above all people, should respect the work
而且骄傲的穿着它
of slaves and wear it proudly.
过来
Come here.
这项链以前属于一位女王
This belonged to a queen…
波斯女王
the queen of Persia.
很重
It’s heavy.
戴久了你就会习惯了
In time you will wear it lightly enough.
坐下来
Sit down.
要不要吃点乳鸽加蜂蜜
Will you have some squab and honey?
不要
No.
你会喜欢的
You’ll enjoy it.
吃一片瓜
And a piece of melon?
当然得来点酒
And some wine, of course.
吃吧
Eat.
我没有命令你吃
I did not command you to eat.
我邀请你进餐
I invited you.
周围的环境 让你
You find the richness of your surroundings…
不知该说些什么
makes conversation difficult?
为什么我在这里
Why am I here?
很好的问题
Good question.
一个女人的问题
A woman’s question.
我希望你能接受我的答案
I wish the answer could be as good and straightforward.
-宝宝…还好吗 -他很好
-The infant… it thrives? -He thrives.
我昨天帮他请了奶妈
I purchased a wet nurse for him yesterday.
希望宝宝喝她的奶没问题
I hope milk agrees with him.
我叫她走了
I sent her away.
我情愿自己哺乳
I prefer to nurse the child myself.
我想我不能同意
I’m not sure I approve.
这样你会无法忘记过去
It ties you to the old life.
我要你开始新的人生
I want you to begin to look forward to the new.
我不在乎我的新生活
I don’t care about my new life here.
你在意宝宝的生活 对吧
You care about the life of your child, don’t you?
为什么你要用孩子来威胁我
Why do you threaten me with my baby?
我是你的奴隶 你随时都可以要我
I belong to you. You can take me anytime you wish.
我不要强迫你
But I don’t want to take you.
我要你心甘情愿
I want you to give.
薇瑞妮亚 我要你的爱
I want your love, Varinia.
你认为用孩子的生命 来威胁我
You think by threatening to kill my child…
会使我爱上你吗
you’ll make me love you?
我没有拿孩子的命来威胁你
I did not threaten to kill your child.
我很抱歉 薇瑞妮亚
I’m sorry, Varinia.
你不能永远悲伤
One shouldn’t grieve forever.
我不是悲伤
I’m not grieving.
我是在回忆
I’m remembering.
我妨碍了你回忆吗
Do I interfere with your memories?
没有
No.
你讽刺人时 还能表现的
You tread the ridge between truth and insult…
如此不经意
with the skill of a mountain goat!
当你想到斯巴达格斯时 你记得些什么
What do you remember when you think about Spartacus?
谈论他不会让你痛苦吗
It doesn’t distress you to talk about him?
不会
No.
好 那么…
Well, then…
他到底是个什么样的人
what sort of a man was he…
到底
really?
他出生时一无所有
He was a man who began all alone…
像动物一样
like an animal.
但当他死时…
Yet on the day he died…
数以千计的人愿代他去死
thousands and thousands would gladly have died in his place.
他是什么 是神吗
What was he? Was he a god?
他不是神
He wasn’t a god.
他只是个普通人
He was a simple man.
一个奴隶
A slave.
我爱他
I loved him.
他是个不法之徒 是个杀人凶手
He was an outlaw! A murderer!
是挑战罗马传统价值观的敌人
An enemy to everything fine and decent that Rome ever built!
该死 你告诉我
Damn you! You tell me.
-为什么你爱他 -我没办法告诉你
-Why did you love him? -I can’t tell you.
你不了解的事 我又怎么能够告诉你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!