that we are not very happy with your work lately.
所以我们决定不请你当我们家保姆了
so we’re going to let you go.
我不明白
i don’t understand.
我知道过去你和我们相处很愉快
we’ve been happy with you in the past,
但我们觉得是时候做出些改变了
but now we think, maybe it’s time for a change.
我知道你家出了些事情
i know you’ve had trouble at home.
可能那些事多多少少影响到了你的工作
maybe some of that is reflecting on your work.
但是 利文斯顿先生
but, mr. livingston–
我很努力地照顾你和你家人了
i work very hard for you… and your family.
马迪:我知道
marty: i understand.
没办法不得不解雇你 我也很抱歉
i’m sorry it had to end this way.
弗洛斯海姆 你找哪位?
florsheim, can i help you?
你好 我想找托比欧斯曼
hi, i’m trying to reach toby oxman.
不好意思 他今天外出了
sorry, he’s off today.
好的
okay.
谢谢
um… thanks.
* 我从反方向走来 *
* i’m coming over in the wrong direction *
* 只像成为你关注的焦点 *
* i only want to be the center of your attention *
* 是时候告诉你 我是值得的 *
* for long enough to show you i’m worth the trouble *
* 我值得你费心 *
* that you take *
* 我想看看你如何扮演 *
* i want to see the way that you portray *
* 今日试图改变命运的男孩 *
* a boy who’s gonna try to change his life today… *
嗨 麦克
hey, mike.
托比在吗?
is toby here?
不 他不在
no, he’s not.

oh.
你知道他可能在哪吗
do you have any idea where he might be?
我觉得他应该在试映
i think he’s at a test screening.
* 我想看看你如何扮演 *
* i want to see the way that you portray *
* 一个寡言的男孩 *
* a boy who maybe doesn’t have too much to say *
*你可以自行判断*
* and you can draw your own conclusions *
*你会发现我不虚假*
* but you’ll find i’m not a fake *
* 你可以离我而去 *
* you can turn away from me *
* 但对这个地方我已经毫无留恋 *
* but there’s nothing that’ll keep me here, you know *
* 你永远也不会变成一个城里人*
* and you’ll never be the city guy *
* 而我会去主持着史高比秀*
* any more than i’ll be hosting the scooby show. *
马迪:我觉得史高比跟其他孩子一样
marty:i think scooby’s like a lot of kids.
他只是有些迷茫
he just hit a speedbump.
现在他还在找到他自己的路 之后该怎么走就变得明了了
now he’s going to find his way, his path’s going to be clear,
我觉得他上了好大学后会好好学习的
and i think he’s going to continue his education at a good college.
皆大欢喜
and everybody else is going to be happy.
托比:利文斯顿先生
toby: mr. livingston,
你难道不担心他不切实际
aren’t you a bit fearful that scooby will be confronted with
或者是随波逐流?
hollow values and systemic conformism?
我不明白对你来说为什么这东西那么难理解
i don’t know why this is so hard for you to comprehend.
我大学过的非常不错
i had a terrific time in college.
我有了一份不错的工作 薪水不低
i’ve got a terrific job, a comfortable salary,
有个很棒的妻子 很了不起的三个孩子
terrific wife, three terrific kids,
我每年都会给校友基金会捐款
and every year i give to the alumni fund.
为什么你要把上大学塑造成一件很糟糕的事情呢?
now, why are you trying to make college out to be a bad thing?
把上大学说成是一段令人不悦的经历呢?
a negative experience?
你大学里面过的不好吗?行吧 抱歉!
you had a bad time? well, too bad!
那就翻篇吧 不要总把你的伤感难过表现出来
get over it! stop trying to impose
不要走到哪就跟人说什么“我大学过的不好”
your misery on others by going around saying,
什么“生活很糟糕 生活很可怕”
“life is bad. life is horrible.”
生活对于你来说很艰辛吗?行吧 活该!
life is tough on you? well, boo-hoo!
史高比:呃 对
scooby: well, yeah.
我爸就是个傻子
my dad is kind of a goofball.
你只需要…
you just have to…
假装同意他的观点
pretend to go along with his ideas,
因为他真的不懂我
’cause he really doesn’t get it.
我觉得我可以成为下一个奥普拉·温弗瑞
like, i could be the next oprah…
怎么说呢
for all he knows
但是他从没看过那个奥普拉脱口秀
but he’s never even seen the show.
托比:对于你来说什么是重要的?
toby: what is most important to you?
我不知道
i don’t know.
我也想我自己能擅长些什么东西
i’d like to be good at something.
不一定是电视节目 我是说…
it doesn’t have to be tv. i mean…
可以是电影啊
it could be movies…
或是其他什么
anything.
导演我也蛮乐意去当的
i’d be willing to direct.
我是想…
i’d like to be…
就那种…
you know…
成名
famous.
不用当什么大明星
not necessarily a superstar.
只要出名就行
just famous.
被认可
be recognized.
能收到粉丝来信
get fan mail–
像这些
things.
史高比 我懂了
scooby, now i understand how you want
现在我理解你为什么想当电视脱口秀主持人了
to be like a tv talk show host and all,
像柯南那样的确实很出名
like conan o’brien,
但你知道他也上了大学吗?
but did you know that even he went to college?
他上了吗? -上了
he did? – yeah.
他上的是哈佛
he went to harvard.
造成八名警官受伤
…one police officer, eight others were wounded…
妈妈?爸爸?
mom? dad?
我能和你们一起睡吗?
can i sleep with you?
我很害怕 -可以呀 宝贝
i’m scared. – sure, buddy.
来吧 -过来和我们一起睡
come on. – come in bed with us.
过来
come on.
像地毯里的虫子
snug as a bug in a rug,
来 躺好
yeah, there you go, pally.
马迪:妖魔鬼怪快离开
marty: you’re monster-proofed.
史高比…
scooby…
天哪 史高比
oh my god, scooby.
我很抱歉
i’m so sorry.
我很抱歉
i’m so, so sorry.
别装了
don’t be.
你这片子成功了
the movie’s a hit.
在你脑中想象一个场景
* picture a scene in your mind *
看着里面所有人
* look at all the people and take note *
记录下背景
* of the setting behind *
听着 看着 等待着
* listen, watch and wait *
一段情节正在展开
* a plot begins to take shape *
一个故事诞生了
* there’s a story, and then *
你开始构思角色
* characters will come to you *
构思角色们应该会选择做的事情
* relating events as they choose to *
他们的言语和行为
* but all their words and actions *
都由你来决定
* come entirely from you *
如果你是讲故事的人 你可能会认为
* if you’re a storyteller, you might think *
你可以不负任何责任
* you’re without– *
你可以引导你的人物随意发展情节
* responsibility, and you can lead your characters *
随你的心意发展
* anywhere you want *
你有豁免权
* you have immunity *
你可曾想过
* have you considered the way *
观众会对你的故事作何反应?
* people might react to all the things *
会对你的人物对白作何反应
* that your characters say? *
角色们的行为
* and are their actions hand in hand *
跟你想描绘的东西是否符合呢?
* with what you wanted to portray? *
是病 是瘸 是疯?
* are you sick? are you crippled, insane? *
展现那些不敢直呼其名的欲望
* expressing the desires that daren’t speak their name *
你是那个该被指责的人吗?
* are you the one to be blamed? *
如果你是讲故事的人 你可能会认为
* now you’re a storyteller, you might think *
你可以不负任何责任
* you’re without responsibility, *
但在方向上 行为上和语言上
* but in directions, actions and words *
因因果果
* cause and effect *
你需要使其时刻保持一致
* you need consistency *
你该如何结束你的故事呢
* how can you finish the tale? *
那些有用的角色
* lives which have played a part *
在故事一开始就已经注定

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!