新泽西 布伦特伍德
绣巾蒙面盗
番茄酱
Ketchup.
要点什么 先生们?
What’ll it be, gentlemen?
我不知道 你想吃什么 艾尔?
I don’t know. What do you want to eat, Al?
不知道想吃什么
I don’t know what I want to eat.
我要个烤猪里脊
I’ll have the roast pork tenderloin with,
苹果酱和土豆泥 – 还没做好
the applesauce and mashed potatoes. – That’s not ready yet.
那写这上面干啥?
Then what’s it on the card for?
那是晚餐 6点钟可以点那个
Well, that’s on the dinner. You can have that at 6:00.
这钟快了10分钟 晚餐还没好
That clock is ten minutes fast. The dinner isn’t ready yet.
管他钟快钟慢 有什么吃的?
Never mind the clock. What have you got to eat?
各种三明治
Well, I can give you any kind of sandwiches,
熏肉蛋 熏肝 火腿蛋 牛排…
bacon and eggs, liver and bacon, ham and eggs, steaks…
我要奶油鸡肉炸丸子
I’ll take the chicken croquettes with the cream sauce,
青豆土豆泥 – 那个也是晚餐的
the green peas and the mashed potatoes. – That’s on the dinner too.
我们点的都是晚餐的 你这什么餐馆啊?
Everything we want’s on the dinner. That’s the way you work it, huh?
我们有火腿蛋 熏肉… – 火腿蛋
I can give you ham and eggs, bacon and eggs… – I’ll take ham and eggs.
我要熏肉蛋
Give me bacon and eggs.
一个火腿 一个熏肉 – 马上
One ham and, bacon and. – Comin’ up!
有酒吗? – 我们有汽水 啤酒 姜汁…
You got anything to drink? – I can give you soda, beer, ginger ale…
我说你们有酒吗?
I said, have you got anything to drink?
没有
No.
这小镇挺漂亮 叫什么名字? – 布伦特伍德
This is a hot town. What do you call it? – Brentwood.
你听说过吗?
Did you ever hear of Brentwood?
晚上来这里干什么?
What do you do here nights?
吃晚餐啊
They eat their dinner.
他们都是来这里吃晚餐的
They all come here and eat the big dinner.
不错 – 你真是个聪明人
That’s right. – You’re a pretty bright boy, aren’t you?
是啊 – 你不是吧 他是吗 艾尔?
Sure. – Well, you’re not. Is he, Al?
他是个傻蛋
He’s dumb.
喂 你叫什么名字?
Hey, you, what’s your name?
亚当 尼克·亚当
Adams. Nick Adams.
又一个聪明人 – 这镇上都是聪明人
Another bright boy. – The town’s full of bright boys.
一份火腿 一份熏肉
One ham and, one bacon and.
哪份是你的? – 你不记得了 聪明人?
Which one is yours? – Don’t you remember, bright boy?
你笑什么笑?
What are you laughing at?
没什么 – 你觉得好笑?
Nothing. – You see something funny?
不 – 那就别笑
No. – Then don’t laugh.
好吧
All right.
他认为没关系 – 他是个思考者
He thinks it’s all right. – Oh, he’s a thinker.
柜台那边那个小子叫什么名字?
What’s the bright boy’s name down the counter?
忘了
I forget.
嘿 – 什么事?
Hey. – Yeah?
你到柜台另一边去
You go around the other side of the counter.
什么? – 你听见了
What? – You heard me.
怎么回事? – 不怎么回事
What’s the idea? – There isn’t any idea.
赶紧走吧 聪明人
Better go around, bright boy.
厨房♥里是谁?
Who’s out in the kitchen?
只有厨师 – 让他过来
Only the cook. – Tell him to come in.
你们这是… – 让厨师出来
Say, where do you… – Use your head! Tell the cook to come out here.
萨姆 – 什么事?
Sam. – Yeah?
出来
Come here.
怎么了?
What was it?
我跟他以及那个聪明小子到厨房♥去
I’m going out to the kitchen with him and bright boy.
来过来 你们俩
Come on back, you two.
如果有人来 就说厨师请假了
If anybody comes in, you tell ’em the cook is off.
到底是为什么事啊?
What’s it all about?
艾尔 聪明人想知道到底为什么事
Hey, Al, bright boy wants to know what it’s all about.
那你怎么不告诉他? – 你以为是什么事?
Why don’t you tell him? – What do you think it’s all about?
我不知道 – 你认为呢?
I don’t know. – What do you think?
我说不好
I wouldn’t say.
艾尔 聪明人说他说不好是什么事
Hey, Al, bright boy says he wouldn’t say what he thinks it’s all about.
你 过来
Hey, you. Come here.
我告诉你怎么回事
I’ll tell you what’s gonna happen.
我们要杀那个瑞典人
We’re gonna kill the Swede.
你认识在加油站上班的那个瑞典人吗?
You know the big Swede works over at that filling station?
你是说皮特·隆德?
You mean Pete Lunn?
他这么叫自己吗
If that’s what he calls himself.
每天晚上6点来这儿 是吧?
Comes in every night at 6:00, don’t he?
不错 如果来的话 – 我们都知道
Yes, if he comes. – We know all about that.
你们为什么要杀他?
What are you going to kill him for?
皮特·隆德惹着你们了?
What did Pete Lunn ever do to you?
他才没那个机会
He never had a chance to do anything to us.
他从没见过我们 – 只会让他见一次
He never even seen us. – He’s only going to see us once.
那你们为何杀他?
What are you going to kill him for?
我们是替一个朋友做事 – 闭嘴 你话太多了
We’re killing him for a friend. – Shut up. You talk too much.
我就逗逗这聪明人
I got to keep bright boy amused, don’t I?
完事以后你们打算把我们怎么办?
What are you going to do with us afterwards?
那不好说
That’ll depend.
现在谁也说不准
That’s one of those things you never know at the time.
你好 乔治 – 你好 弗雷德
Hello, George. – Hello, Fred.
晚餐好了吗?
Can I have supper?
萨姆请假了 要半个小时才回来
Sam’s out. He’ll be back in about half an hour.
那我到别处去 – 抱歉
Oh. Well, maybe I better go up the street. – Sorry.
没关系
That’s all right.
算你还听话
That was nice, bright boy.
还算个小绅士
You’re a regular little gentleman.
隆德今晚不来了
Lunn won’t be in tonight.
何出此言? – 过六点了
What makes you think so? – It’s after six.
他总是六点前来
If he comes, it’s always before six.
听见没有 艾尔?
Hear that, Al?
老板说他认为那瑞典人不会来了
Bright boy says he don’t think the Swede’s going to show up.
抱歉 我们暂停营业
Sorry, but we’re not serving.
为什么? – 厨子请病假了
Why not? – The cook’s away. He’s sick.
那就再找个厨子呗?
Then why don’t you get another cook?
你这餐馆还开不开了?
Are you running a lunch counter or aren’t you?
喂 小子
You, bright boy.
这么说那个瑞典人今晚不会来了?
That on the level about the Swede not showin’ up tonight?
是 – 你不会骗我们吧?
Yeah. – You wouldn’t fool us, would you?
六点钟他不来 那就是不会来了
When he’s not here by six, he’s not coming.
他不会骗我们
No, he ain’t fooling.
他知道后果
He’d know better than to fool.
走吧 艾尔 – 后面那两个怎么办?
Come on, Al. – What about those two back there?
小子 过来
Bright boy, here.
不管他们了 – 行吗?
They’re all right. – Think so?

Sure.
你很走运 小子
You got a lot of luck, bright boy.
这是真的
That’s the truth.
你应该去赌马
You ought to play the races.
亲爱的
Oh, dear.
真高兴我们都还活着
I’m glad we’re all alive.
镇上以前从没出过这种事
This never happened in this town before.
我不喜欢 一点都不喜欢 – 没事的 萨姆
I don’t like it. I don’t like any part of it. – It’s all right, Sam.
他们是要杀皮特·隆德
They were going to kill Pete Lunn.
他们是想等他进来吃饭时一枪毙命
They were going to shoot him when he came in to dinner.
那个瑞典人? – 是啊
The Swede? – Yes.
我就不明白了 谁会杀瑞典人呢?
I don’t get it. Why would anyone want to kill the Swede?
他们去车站了
They’ve gone over to the station.
肯定是去要他的地址
They’ll probably get his address from the day book.
尼克
Nick.
你跟他是同事 快去告诉他
You work with the Swede. You better go and tell him.
我去找警♥察♥
I’m going for the cops.
你先去告诉瑞典人
You better go tell the Swede first.
瑞典人
Swede!
我刚刚在亨利餐馆
I was over at Henry’s.
两个人走进来把我和厨子绑起来
A couple of guys came in and tied up me and the cook.
把我们关进厨房♥里
They shoved us in the kitchen.
他们说等你去吃晚饭时干掉你
They said they were going to shoot you when you came in to supper.
乔治让我先过来告诉你一声
George thought I ought to come over and tell you.
我也没办法
There’s nothing I can do about it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!