继续说
Go on.
实际上我见过一次
I actually saw it once.
我以前是个吉他技师
I used to be a guitar tech.
一天晚上,我在新泽西工作
So one night, I’m working a gig up in New Jersey or something.
是一些很普通的乐队的表演
Some real mediocre band.
主吉他手出来开始弹奏一些
Lead guitarist comes out, starts shredding licks…
远超越他能力的曲子
way beyond his capabilities.
就像大便从别的地方出来一样
Like shit that had to be coming from somewhere else.
我注意到 他在用一个新的吉他拨片
I noticed he was using a new pick.
样子很怪,上面有个角
Weird-looking thing with horns on it.
材质像是绿色的象牙之类的东西
Made of green ivory, or some shit.
是那个拨片在弹奏,而不是吉他手
It was the pick, it wasn’t him.
虽然,他自己不知道是怎么回事
He didn’t know what he had, though.
表演结束后,他把拨片弹向了观众
End of the show, he flicks it back into the audience.
一个孩子接住了
Some kid catches it.
这个孩子名叫埃迪
Kid named Eddie.
埃迪?
Eddie?
范·海伦!
Van Halen!
哇哦!
Whoa.
于是我开始研究它
So I started researching it.
结果这东西远比我想象的
Turns out this thing goes deeper than I could have imagined.
神秘得多
Way deeper.
一直追溯到中世纪
Back to the Dark Ages.
我辞了工作,去了罗马
I moved to Rome. Quit my job.
学了拉丁语
Learned Latin.
我取得了梵蒂冈图管♥理♥员♥的信任
I gained the trust of the night librarian at the Vatican.
有一个名叫萨尔瓦多·帕帕蒂洛的人
A gentleman named Salvatore Papardello.
你们不会相信他给了我什么
He turned me on to some shit that you wouldn’t believe.
看看这个
Check this out.
这是个古代卷轴
It’s an ancient scroll.
都是拉丁文的
All in Latin.
我把它翻译了出来,花了六年时间
I translated it. Took me six years.
为什么不找个人翻译?
Why didn’t you just get a translator?
难道能让他读吗?
And let him read it too?
听听这个
Listen to this.
很久以前 一个黑暗魔法师运用他的黑魔法
Long ago, a dark wizard used his black magic…
召唤了撒旦本人
to summon Satan himself.
Satanus
Satanus.
这是撒旦的拉丁文写法
That’s Latin for Satan.
接着发生了一场可怕的战斗
A horrific battle ensued.
恶魔太强大了
But the great demon was far too powerful.
蛇!
Snakes!
杀了我吧,邪恶的恶魔
Finish me, foul beast!
幸运的是 一个铁匠听到了怪物的吼叫
Luckily, a blacksmith heard the beast’s roars.
不!
No!
嗷!
Ow!
靠!你打坏了我的牙齿
Fuck! You chipped my tooth.
我不完整了!
I’m not complete.
Venisti remanebis donec denuo completus sis
Venisti remanebis donec denuo completus sis.
那是什么意思?
What does that mean?
你从哪里来 就给我滚回哪里去
From whence you came you shall remain…
直到你的身躯再一次完整!
until you are complete again.
靠!不!
Fuck you! No!
不!我不完整了!
No! I’m not complete!
恶魔被吸回了地狱的火焰中
The demon was drawn back into the fires of hell…
黑暗法师则侥幸活了下来
and the dark wizard was totally stoked to be alive.
法师思考了很久
With a long draw on his hash pipe…
他想出了报答铁匠的方法
the wizard devised a way to repay the blacksmith.
铁匠爱着一个漂亮的女人
The blacksmith loved a fair maiden.
为了赢取她的芳心 他必须使用最棒的方法
To gain her affection, he would need a true master skill…
能让她兴奋的方法
that would leave the maiden moist and wanting.
于是法师把恶魔的牙齿做成了
And so the wizard fashioned the demon’s tooth…
一个拨片
into a pick that would make the blacksmith play…
它能让铁匠演奏出最伟大的乐曲
only the most masterful of melodies on his lute…
从而赢得美女的芳心
thereby winning the heart of the maiden he loved.
拨片的秘密随着铁匠的死而失传
The secret of the pick died with that blacksmith.
然后…嗙!
And then… poof!
突然间它出现在美国南部
All of a sudden it reappears in the American South…
上世纪末,它出现在了 罗伯特·约翰逊的手指间
at the turn of the century, in Robert Johnson’s fingers.
于是诞生了蓝调和摇滚
Spawns the birth of the blues. And rock & roll.
当然
Of course.
这个拨片是怪物身体的一小部分
The pick is a tiny part of the beast…
于是它具有超自然的力量
so it has supranatural qualities.
超凡? – 不,超自然
Supernatural? – No, supra-natural.
就像比超凡更上了一个层次
That’s like a whole other level above super.
它现在在哪儿?
Where is it now?
这是那拨片留下的最后一张照片
That’s the last known photo of the pick.
那吉他被拍卖♥♥了
That guitar was sold at auction.
现在在摇滚历史博物馆
It now resides in the Rock & Roll History Museum.
POD也在那儿
That’s where the POD is too.
什么POD? – 宿命拨片
The POD? – The Pick of Destiny.
噢!
Oh.
为什么你不去拿?
Why didn’t you just go get it?
摇滚历史博物馆 是座固若金汤的城♥堡♥
The Rock & Roll History Museum is an impenetrable fortress.
你们两个傻瓜如果要偷宿命拨片
You two bozos wanna steal the Pick of Destiny…
别算上我
count me out.
我已经钻过他个兔子洞了
I already went down that rabbit hole once.
我可以告诉你
And I got news for you.
洞底可没有奶酪
There’s no cheese at the end of that tunnel, buddy.
好吧,你们可以走了 我已经说得够多了
All right, get outta here. I told you enough already.
快,离开这儿
C’mon, get outta here.
老兄,我不知道该说什么
Man, I don’t know what to say.
嘘!
Shh.
离开我的店
Just get outta my store.
探索!
The Quest!
噢,上帝!是你们! 你们来这里干什么?
Oh, my God! You guys! What are you doin’ here?
快进来 – 实际上,我们马上要走
Come on in! – Actually, we can’t stay.
我们希望 你能帮我们个忙
We were hopin’ you’d do us a favor.
任何事都行,老兄
Anything you need, man.
你觉得这样行不行… – 我们需要你的车!
Do you think it would be OK– – We need your car.

Oh.
嗯,我工作需要它…
Um, well, kinda need it for work.
听着老兄
Listen, man.
我们要和一个公♥司♥总裁会个面…
We’ve got a meeting with the hugest president…
是最大的大型唱片公♥司♥的总裁
of the most massive record company in the business.
我们必须今晚在萨克拉门托和他会面
We need to meet him in Sacramento tonight.

Oh.

Uh–
嗯…
Well–
好吧
All right.
嗨,这踏板是干什么的?
Hey, what’s up with this pedal?
那是另一个车刹
That’s my extra brake.
我既送披萨也教人开车
I’m a pizza delivery guy and a driving instructor.
我在送皮萨的时候教人驾驶
I teach people how to drive while I deliver ‘zas.
哈哈哈!真聪明老兄
Ha ha ha! Good thinkin’, man.
回见
Later.
开会的时候别留情,老兄
Knock ’em dead at the meeting, you guys.
我没法不想那个拨片
I can’t stop thinkin’ about that fuckin’ pick.
你也听见了,那是撒旦的牙齿
You heard the guy. It’s Satan’s tooth.
只要我们拿到了那东西
When we get that thing…
我们一定能赢到奖金
we’re gonna win that fuckin’ prize money…
然后我们就能统治摇滚界
then we’re gonna dominate the world of rock.
我们将势不可挡
We’re gonna be unstoppable, man.

Hmmm…
势不可挡
Unstoppable.
势不可挡
Unstoppable.
势不可挡
Unstoppable.
嗯,下一个出场的乐队 让我不要念以下的文字
This, uh, next band asked me not to read this…
但,我他妈一定要念
but, God damn it, I’m going to read it anyway…
因为这是我写的
because I wrote it…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!