Mitch, this isn’t usual, is it?
昨天在船上攻击我的海鸥 昨晚在安妮家也有一只 现在
The gull when I was in the boat yesterday, the one at Annie’s last night, and now…
昨晚 什么意思
Last night? What do you mean?
有只海鸥撞上安妮家的大门 米契 怎么回事
A gull smashed into Annie’s front door. Mitch, what’s happening?
我不知道 你得回安妮家吗
I don’t know. Do you have to go back to Annie’s?
不 我的行李都在车上
No. I have my things in the car.
在你回去之前 留下来吃点东西吧 我会安心点
Stay and have something to eat before you start back. I’d feel a lot better.
-你要加芥末吗 -不用 谢谢
Would you like some mustard with that? No, thank you.
安妮为何不留下来
Why didn’t Annie stay for dinner?
她说她要回家 接她妹妹从东部打来的电♥话♥
Said something about going home to take a call from her sister in the east.
它们怎么了
What’s the matter with them?
-这些鸟是怎么了 -咖啡要放在哪里
What’s the matter with all the birds? Where did you want this coffee?
-放在桌上 亲爱的 -你动作快一点 米契
Here on the table, honey. Hurry up with yours, Mitch.
丹尼尔斯小姐一定很想上路了
I’m sure Miss Daniels wants to be on her way.
你今晚该留下来 梅兰妮
I think you ought to stay the night, Melanie.
楼上有一间多出来的房♥间
We have an extra room upstairs and everything.
晚上的路况也很糟糕
That road can be a pretty bad one at night, too.
若我开到圣塔罗沙
If I go across to Santa Rosa,
就能早一点上高速公路 不是吗
I’ll come out on the freeway much earlier, won’t I?
对 走高速公路快多了
Yes, and the freeway is much quicker.
但她会碰上 返回旧金山的大量车潮
But she’ll be hitting all the heavy traffic going back to San Francisco.
那对爱情鸟叫得好厉害
Just listen to those lovebirds.
米契
Mitch.
遮住脸和眼睛
Cover your faces! Cover your eyes!
这是麻雀
That’s a sparrow, all right.
-我们知道 艾尔 -你们当时有点灯吗
We know what it is, Al. Did you have a light burning or something?
有 但灯光 不至于会从烟囱传出去
Yes, but there wouldn’t have been that much light going up the chimney.
鸟有时会被灯光吸引 但这情况确实少见
‘Cause sometimes birds are attracted by light, you know. Sure is a peculiar thing.
但我们得想个办法解决
Well, all right, but we’ve got to do something about it!
我不懂你的意思 米契 解决什么
I don’t think I get you, Mitch. Do about what?
鸟入侵房♥子
Well, the birds invaded the house.
应该是它们进到屋里后 惊慌失措了 如此而已
What’s more likely, they got in the room and was just panicked. That’s all.
我知道鸟在密闭的空间里会惊慌
All right, I’ll admit a bird will panic in an enclosed room,
但它们不是不小心飞进来 而是从烟囱飞下来的
but they didn’t just get in. They came in, right down the chimney.
我老婆曾在她的汽车后座上 发现一只鸟
My wife found a bird in the back seat of her car once.
跟他说生日会上的事
Tell him about the party.
没错 今天下午 我们在家举办凯西的生日会
That’s right. We had a party here this afternoon for Cathy, for her birthday.
-她几岁了 -11岁 生日会开到一半
How old is she? Eleven! In the middle of the party,
几只海鸥冲向孩子们
some seagulls came down at the children!
丹尼尔斯小姐 昨天才被一只海鸥攻击
Miss Daniels was attacked by a gull only yesterday.
是 孩子们打扰那些鸟了吗
Yeah. Were the kids bothering the birds or something?
因为你要是在它们周围捣乱
‘Cause if you make any kind of a disturbance near them,
它们就会追你
they’ll just come after you.
艾尔 孩子们当时在玩游戏 海鸥就攻击了
Al, the children were playing a game. Those gulls attacked.
莉迪雅 你不觉得 用”攻击”太严重了吗
Now, Lydia, “attack” is a pretty strong word, don’t you think?
海鸥不会无故攻击人类
I mean, birds just don’t go around attacking people
你懂我的意思吗
without no reason. You know what I mean?
大概是孩子吓到它们了
The kids probably scared them, that’s all.
这些鸟攻击我们
These birds attacked.
我承认这屋子是被搞得一团乱
You got quite a mess here, I’ll admit that.
你也许该在烟囱口加片纱网
Maybe you ought to put some screen on top of your chimney.
-需要人手帮忙清理吗 -不用了
You want some help cleaning up? No. I can handle it.
清理起来应该不难
It shouldn’t be too much of a job.
我带凯西去睡觉
I’ll take Cathy up to bed.
我想我该留下 你觉得呢
I think I should stay, don’t you?
那再好不过了
It would be nice if you could.
我的行李在车上
My things are in the car.
-你跟我来吧 -好
– Do you want to go with me? – All right.
-米契 还需要我帮忙吗 -不 谢了 艾尔
Well, anything else I can do, Mitch? No, thanks, Al.
-我们没问题的 -晚安 莉迪雅
We’ll be all right. Good night, Lydia.
确实很奇怪
Sure is peculiar.
米契
Mitch. Mitch. Mitch!
-妈 什么事 -我送凯西去上学
Yes, Mother? I’m going to drop Cathy off now.
我也许会去佛西特农场看看
I’ll probably drive over to the Fawcett farm.

Okay.
早安
Morning.
早安 乔治 佛西特先生在吗
Good morning, George. Is Mr. Fawcett around?
他在 女士
I think so, ma’am.
今早还没看到他 但他应该在家里
Ain’t seen him this morning, but he ought to be in there.
谢了
Thanks.
丹 你在家吗
Dan, are you home?
妈妈
Mother!
怎么了 怎么回事
What is it, dear? What’s the matter?
艾尔马龙副警长刚来过电♥话♥ 他要我过去佛西特家
Al Malone, the deputy, just called. He wants me over at the Fawcett place.
圣塔罗沙的警探会赶到那里
Some detectives from Santa Rosa will be there.
-没问题吧 -是
– Will it be all right? – Yes.
我只是要替你母亲泡点茶
I was just taking your mother in some tea.
请小心点
Oh, be careful, please.
你也小心点
And you be careful.
米契
Mitch?
是我 班纳太太
No, it’s me, Mrs. Brenner.
-我认为你会想喝点茶 -谢谢你
I thought you might like some tea. Oh. Thank you.
米契在哪里
Where’s Mitch?
艾尔马龙要他去佛西特农场一趟
Al Malone wanted him out at the Fawcett farm.
为什么 艾尔不相信我的说词
Why? Didn’t Al believe my story?
他从农场打电♥话♥过来的
He was calling from the farm.
-他看见了 -一定是
Then he saw. Oh, he must have.
他们找来圣塔罗沙警方
They sent for the Santa Rosa police.
那又能怎样
What good will they do?
凯西在学校没问题吧
Do you think Cathy’s all right at the school?
我确定她很安全
Yes, I’m sure she’s fine.
你觉得我很可笑吗
Do I sound very foolish to you?

Oh, no.
我一直看见丹的脸
I keep seeing Dan’s face.
学校里有很大的窗户
And they have such big windows at the school.
丹房♥间里的窗户全破了
All the windows are broken in Dan’s bedroom.
-全部的窗户 -别再想那些了
All the windows! Try not to think about that.
我真希望我能坚强一点
I wish I were a stronger person.
四年前 我失去丈夫
I lost my husband four years ago, you know.
这糟透了 你依赖别人给你力量
It’s terrible how you depend on someone else for strength, and then
但这力量突然间没了 独留你一人
suddenly all the strength is gone, and you’re alone.
我希望偶尔也能放松
I’d love to be able to relax sometime.
我希望能睡得着
I’d love to be able to sleep.
-凯西不会出事吧 -有安妮在
Do you think Cathy’s all right? Annie’s there.
她没事的
She’ll be all right.
我通常不会这样
I’m not like this, you know? Not usually.
我不会处处担心我的孩子
I don’t fuss and fret about my children.
法兰克去世后
When Frank died…
他生前很了解孩子们 非常了解他们
You see, he understood the children. He really understood them.
他就是有办法进到他们的世界 成为他们的朋友
He had the knack of entering into their world and becoming part of them.
-那是很厉害的本事 -是
That’s a very rare talent. Yes.
我真希望能像他一样
Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish I could be like that.
我好想他
I miss him.
即使到了现在 我偶尔早上醒来还会想着
Sometimes, even now, I wake up in the morning and I think,
“我得替法兰克煮早餐”
“I must get Frank’s breakfast.”
接着我起身 这是让人起床的大好理由
And I get up, and there’s a very good reason for getting out of bed,
直到
until, of course,
我记起来
I remember.
我想念跟他聊天
I miss talking to him.
凯西还是个孩子 而米契
Cathy’s a child, of course, and Mitch…
米契有自己的生活
Well, Mitch has his own life.
我很高兴他今天留下来
I’m glad he stayed here today.
有他在我安心多了
I feel safer with him here.
-你想休息了吗 -不
Would you like to rest now? No.
不 别走
No, don’t go.
我觉得我一点都不了解你
I feel as if I don’t understand you at all,
但我想好好认识你
and I want so much to understand.
为什么
Why, Mrs. Brenner?
因为我儿子似乎很喜欢你
Because my son seems to be very fond of you,
而我不知道我做何感想
and I don’t quite know how I feel about it.
我甚至不知道我喜不喜欢你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!