Where?
-看见我指的方向了 -是
Now, see where I’m pointing? Yes.
看见那两棵大树了
See them two big trees across there?
-海湾的另一边吗 看见了 -那栋白色房♥子
On the other side of the bay? Yes. – And the white house?
-是 -那就是班纳家了
– Yes. That’s where the Brenners live.
班纳家 班纳夫妇的家
The Brenners? Mr. and Mrs. Brenner?
-不 只有莉迪雅和两个孩子 -两个孩子
No. Just Lydia and the two kids. The two kids?
对 米契和小女儿
Yeah, Mitch and the little girl.
我懂了 我要怎么过去
Oh, I see. How do I get down there?
你沿着海湾边的路走 就能走到他们家大门口
You follow the road around the bay, and that’ll take you right to their front door.
大门口 我能走小路吗
The front door. Is there a back road I can take?
-不 只有那条路 -我想给他们惊喜
No. That’s the only road. You see, I want to surprise them.
-我不想让他们看见我 -这样
I don’t want them to see me arrive. Oh.
这是惊喜
It’s a surprise, you see.
你可以乘船穿过海湾 到他们家的码头
Well, you could get yourself a boat and cut right across the bay to their dock.
我要去哪租船
Where would I get a boat?
下方的海潮餐厅
Down by the Tides Restaurant.
-你曾开过船吗 -当然
Did you ever handle an outboard boat? Of course.
-我替你叫船吧 -谢谢
Want me to order one for you? Well, thank you.
-你的名字 -丹尼尔斯
– What name? – Daniels.

Okay.
-你能否告诉我 -请稍等一下
I wonder if you could tell me… Yeah. Just hold it a minute, please.
-小女儿的名字 -班纳家的小女儿
The little girl’s name? The little Brenner girl?
-是 -应该是爱丽丝吧
Yes. Alice, I think.
哈利 班纳家的小女儿 叫什么名字
Harry, what’s the little Brenner girl’s name?
-露薏丝 -爱丽丝吗
– Lois. – Alice, isn’t it?
-不 是露薏丝 -是爱丽丝
No, it’s Lois. It’s Alice.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
我不敢保证 如果你是想问这个
Well, I’m not positive, if that’s what you mean.
我需要她的真名
I need her exact name, you see.
请再稍等一下
Oh, just hold on one more minute, please.
这样的话 我教你怎么做
In that case, I’ll tell you what you do.
你一路穿过镇上 会看见左手边有一间小旅馆
You go straight through town till you see a little hotel on your left.
然后右转
Then you turn right there.
-记好了 -是
– Now, you got that? – Yes.
在靠近山顶处 你会看见一所学校 再过去
Near the top of the hill, you’ll see the school, and just beyond,
有一间信箱是红色的房♥子
a little house with a red mailbox.
那里是安妮海沃斯老师的家
That’s where Annie Hayworth, the schoolteacher, lives.
-你可以问她班纳家小女儿的事 -谢谢
You ask her about the little Brenner girl. Well, thank you.
替自己省点麻烦吧 我确定她叫爱丽丝
Save yourself a lot of trouble. Name’s Alice for sure.
我20分钟后能搭船吗
Can I have the boat in about 20 minutes?
-电♥话♥费要多少 -不用了
How much for the phone calls? Oh, it’s nothing.
谢谢
Thank you.
博德加湾学校
-是谁 -我
Who is it? Me.
“我”是谁
Who’s “me”?
-海沃斯小姐 -是
– Miss Hayworth? – Yes.
我是梅兰妮丹尼尔斯 抱歉打扰了
I’m Melanie Daniels. I’m sorry to bother you, but…
-有事吗 -邮局的人要我来找你
Yes? The man at the post office sent me.
他说你知道班纳家小女儿的名字
He said you could tell me the name of the little Brenner girl.
凯西
Cathy?
她住在海湾对面那间白色房♥子
The one who lives in the white house across the bay?
-没错 凯西班纳 -他很确定是爱丽丝或露薏丝
That’s the one. Cathy Brenner. He seemed sure it was either Alice or Lois.
所以这镇上的信 永远送不到对的地方
Which is why the mail never gets delivered to the right place in this town.
-抱歉 要抽烟吗 -谢谢
I’m sorry. Smoke? Thank you.
你找凯西有事吗
Did you want to see Cathy about something?
没什么事
Well, not exactly.
你是米契的朋友
Are you a friend of Mitch’s?
不算是
No, not really.
我20分钟前就想抽烟了
You know, I’ve been wanting a cigarette for the last 20 minutes.
但我一直闲不下来
I just couldn’t convince myself to stop.
翻土这件事会让人停不下来
This tilling of the soil can become compulsive, you know.
这花♥园♥很漂亮
It’s a very pretty garden.
谢谢 这是度过空闲时间的好方法
Oh, thank you. Well, it’s something to do in your spare time.
在博德加湾 空闲时间可多了
There’s a lot of spare time in Bodega Bay.
你打算久留吗
Are you planning on staying long?
不 只待几个小时
No, just a few hours.
你见过凯西后就要离开
Then you’re leaving after you see Cathy?
差不多
Well, something like that.
抱歉 我无意 把自己搞得神秘兮兮的
I’m sorry. I don’t mean to sound so mysterious.
这不关我的事
Actually, it’s none of my business.
我最好该出发了
Well, I better be on my way.
-非常谢谢你 -不客气
– Thank you very much. – Not at all.
你从旧金山 沿海岸公路开车过来
Did you drive up from San Francisco by the coast road?

Yes.
-风景很棒吧 -很漂亮
Nice drive. It’s very beautiful.
你们在旧金山认识的
Is that where you met Mitch?

Yes.
我想大家都是 在那里认识米契的
I guess that’s where everyone meets Mitch.
海沃斯小姐 换你神秘兮兮了
Now you sound a bit mysterious, Miss Hayworth.
是吗
Do I?
我无意这么做 事实上 我没什么秘密
I don’t mean to. Actually, I’m an open book, I’m afraid.
或者该说我高深莫测
Or, rather, a closed one.
-真漂亮 这是什么鸟 -爱情鸟
Oh, pretty. What are they? Lovebirds.
我知道了 祝你好运 丹尼尔斯小姐
I see. Good luck, Miss Daniels.
谢谢 我可以走这边吗
Thank you. Can I get out this way?
右转吧 那会带你回大马路上
Go right around. It’ll take you back to the main road.
谢谢
Thank you.
海沃斯
凯西收
海潮餐厅-快艇出租
-丹尼尔斯小姐的船准备好了 -是的
– Do you have a boat for Miss Daniels? – Yes, ma’am.
就是下方那一艘
It’s the one right below.
-你没事吧 -我没事
– Are you all right? – Yes, I think so.
-它怎么会攻击我 -那是我见过最吓人的鸟
What do you suppose made it do that? That’s the damnedest thing I ever saw.
我不知道 它似乎是故意冲向你的 你流血了
I don’t know. It seemed to swoop down at you deliberately. Oh, you’re bleeding, too.
我们去擦药 好吗
Let’s take care of that. Okay?
乖女孩
That’s a girl.
来吧
Come on.
米契 怎么了
What happened, Mitch?
-海鸥攻击她 -海鸥
– Gull hit her. – A gull?
去餐厅看看吧
Let’s try up at the restaurant, all right?
你可能需要打破伤风针
Might need a tetanus shot.
我在去年五月出国前 打过预防针了
I had a booster before I went abroad last May.
海潮餐厅
-怎么了 -你好 迪克 这位小姐受伤了
What happened? Hello, Deke. Young lady cut herself.
-我该找医生吗 -不 应该没那么严重 我看看
Shall I call a doctor? No, I don’t think it’s that serious. Let’s see.
海伦 去拿些棉花和消毒药水
Helen, get some cotton and antiseptic.
小姐 你在外头受伤的吗
You cut yourself outside, miss?
别担心 迪克 她在船上受伤的
Don’t worry, Deke. She did it in a boat.
曾有个男人在停车场摔倒
Well, I had a man trip and fall in the parking lot once.
眼也不眨一下就告我
Sued me before I could bat an eyelash.
丹尼尔斯小姐不会告人
I don’t think Miss Daniels is gonna sue anybody.
拿去
Here.
-你才是律师 -谢谢
Well, you’re the lawyer. Thank you.
-那是什么 -双氧水
What’s that? Just some peroxide.
我来清洗伤口
I’ll clean out the cut.
你是律师啊
So you’re a lawyer.
没错
That’s right.
我通常是替人辩护 丹尼尔斯小姐 但若我要告人
Of course, I usually defend people, Miss Daniels, but if I were prosecuting…
-你在这里执业 -旧金山 你来干嘛
Do you practice here? Uh-uh. San Francisco. What are you doing up here?
-专攻哪种法律 -刑法
What kind of law? Criminal.
所以你才想让每个人去坐牢
Is that why you want to see everyone behind bars?
不是每个人
Oh, not everyone, Miss Daniels.
-只有犯法和恶作剧的人 -没错
Only violators and practical jokers. That’s right.
抱歉
– Ow! – Oh, sorry.
-你刚在那里做什么 -你没看见爱情鸟
What are you doing up here? Didn’t you see the lovebirds?
你是说你大老远 替我送爱情鸟过来
Oh, you mean, you came all this way to bring me those birds?
鸟是送给你妹妹的 你说她过生日
To bring your sister those birds. You said it was her birthday.
-反正我原本就要过来 -为什么
Besides, I was coming up anyway. What for?
见我朋友 轻一点
To see a friend of mine. Careful.
抱歉 你的朋友是谁
Oh, sorry. Who’s your friend?
安妮海沃斯 学校老师
Annie Hayworth, the schoolteacher.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!