I couldn’t think of anything original to say.
只是老单调的历史, 枯燥无味。
Just the same old monotonous history, dry as dust.
这是我生命中的整个故事。
That’s the whole story of my life.
挫折。
Frustration.
这是一种慢性疾病 它是不治之症。
It’s a chronic disease and it’s incurable.
有一次,我是疯狂 –
Once I was madly…
有一次,我疯狂地爱上了一个女孩。
Once I was madly in love with a girl.
我的朋友,她是一个视觉的喜悦。
My friends, she was a vision of delight.
– 一个纯粹的女巫。 – 为什么你从来没有告诉过我。
– A pure enchantress. – Why, you’ve never told me about that.
不,这只是麻烦了。
No, that’s just the trouble.
我从来没有告诉她这件事。 我无法找到的话。
I never told her about it either. I couldn’t find the words.
于是,她嫁给了一名运动员。
So she married an athlete.
一个伟大的笨重的畸形儿 他们甚至从来没有达到第八级。
A great hulking oaf who never even reached the eighth grade.
但他知道怎么说,“我爱你。”
But he knew how to say, “I love you.”
同样的烦恼,我的书, 找不到的话。
Same trouble as my book, can’t find the words.
即使当你有这个硬币 激励你?
Even when you had this coin to inspire you?
为什么,这是一个 你给亨利,教授。
Why, that’s the one that you gave to Henry, professor.
是的,我偷了假表。
Yes, I stole it off the table.
你浪费了你的时间,达德利。 这是毫无价值的。
You wasted your time, Dudley. It’s worthless.
哦,相反,这是一个 最稀有的所有文物。
Oh, on the contrary, this is one of the rarest of all antiquities.
只有100这些硬币铸造 凯撒2000年前。
Only 100 of these coins were minted by Julius Caesar 2000 years ago.
这是埃及艳后访问罗马时。
That was when Cleopatra visited Rome.
据推测,这些硬币 支付她的酒店账单。
Presumably, these coins were used to pay her hotel bill.
我从来不知道。
I never knew that.
没有,没有人知道这件事 除了凯撒的妻子。
No, nobody knew about it except Caesar’s wife.
– 她是可疑的呢? – 当然。
– She was suspicious? – Definitely.
她不同意丈夫的 克娄巴特拉的钦佩。
She did not share her husband’s admiration for Cleopatra.
于是,她不得不这些硬币被毁, 熔化成为自己的饰品。
So she had these coins destroyed, melted into ornaments for herself.
这是她错过了。
This is the one she missed.
这是一个不成文的历史篇章, 和你,教授,会写。
It’s an unwritten chapter in history, and you, professor, will write it.
你知道更多这样的故事吗?
Do you know more stories like that?
哦,其中任意数量的。
Oh, any number of them.
你是一个奇怪的家伙,达德利。
You’re a curious fellow, Dudley.
你有没有注意到,刚刚开始?
Have you just begun to notice that?
你的背景是什么?
What’s your background?
– 呃,我的背景是什么? – 嗯,哪里来?
– Uh, my background? – Well, where do you come from?
– 嗯… – 不要告诉我任何有关维也纳…
– Well… – And don’t tell me any more about Vienna…
我不会相信它。
…I won’t believe it.
好的。
All right.
如果我告诉你,我来了 来自另一个星球。你相信我吗?
Supposing I told you I came from another planet. You believe me?
– 我不知道。 – 我相信你,达德利。
– I don’t know. – I’d believe you, Dudley.
你是正确的,朱莉娅,一如既往。
And you’d be right, Julia, as always.
我们都来自我们自己的小星球。
We all come from our own little planets.
这就是为什么我们是完全不同的。 那是什么使生活变得有趣。
That’s why we’re all different. That’s what makes life interesting.
我们似乎没有作出 任何进展。
We don’t seem to be making any headway.
首先我看到今晚的明星。
First star I see tonight.
你必须作出一个愿望,朱莉娅。
You must make a wish, Julia.
哦,天快黑了。它必须要迟到了。
Oh, it’s getting dark. It must be late.
亨利会担心。 我们必须离开。
Henry will be worried. We must be leaving.
– 哦,不。 – 对不起,教授,但我们必须。
– Oh, no. JULIA: I’m sorry, professor, but we must.
– 达德利。 – 是的,我的朋友。
– Dudley. – Yes, my friend.
有一件事我麻烦。
There’s one thing that troubles me.
– 有一件事我希望我知道。 – 那是什么?
– One thing I wish I knew. – What’s that?
好吧,我是个老人。 历史是一个艰巨的任务。
Well, I’m an old man. That history is a tremendous task.
我不知道,我有时间来完成它?
I wonder, will I have time to finish it?
你会完成你的历史学教授。 你会有时间的。
You’ll finish your history, professor. You’ll have time.
我相信你,达德利。
I believe you, Dudley.
相当一段时间了, 每次我通过一个墓地…
For quite a while now, every time I passed a cemetery…
…我觉得,如果我是 找房♥子。
…I felt as if I were apartment hunting.
再见,教授。
Goodbye, professor.
你给了一个老男人 一个非常愉快的下午。
You’ve given an old man a very happy afternoon.
– 谢谢你。 – 上帝保佑你。
– Thank you. – God bless you both.
谢谢。 我会通过,建议沿。
Thank you. I’ll pass that recommendation along.
噢,我的,那就是漂亮。
Oh, my, that’s pretty.
花一些,粉红色的东西 和与它curlicues。
Take some of that pink stuff and make curlicues with it.
我希望不会被宠坏了晚餐。
I hope dinner won’t be spoiled.
哦,不,先生。我有一种感觉 他们可能要迟到了。
MATILDA: Oh, no, sir. I had a sort of feeling that they might be late.
是。你很体贴。
Yes. Very considerate of you.
– 是的。 – 谁的蛋糕?
MATILDA: Yes. – Who’s that cake for?
– 什么样的蛋糕? – 蛋糕在你身后。
MATILDA: What cake? – The cake behind you.
哦,那蛋糕?哦,对任何人 他们可能会喜欢的蛋糕,先生。
Oh, that cake? Oh, for anybody who might like cake, sir.
但你既不知道夫人布鲁厄姆 我也不喜欢这些甜品。
But you know neither Mrs. Brougham nor myself like these desserts.
呵呵,不过我们烤你 蛋羹,先生。
Oh, but we baked you an egg custard, sir.
你好。
DUDLEY: Hello.
哦,你好,亲爱的。 对不起,我们迟到的晚餐。
Oh, hello, dear. I’m sorry we were late for dinner.
– 晚上好。 – 我们已经有最奇妙的时间。
– Good evening. – We’ve had the most marvelous time.
– 哦,我想你会一直伴随着我们。 – 我希望我有。
– Oh, I wish you’d been with us. – I wish I had.
– 黛比告诉我打雪仗。 – 哦,是吗?
– Debby told me about the snow fight. – Oh, did she?
我们去看教授Wutheridge 然后我们吃了午饭米歇尔。
We went to see Professor Wutheridge and then we had lunch at Michel’s.
– 在床上黛比? – 不,她等着要见你。
– Is Debby in bed? – No, she’s waiting to see you.
好。好吧,我只是上去 她说晚安。
Good. Well, I’ll just go up and say good night to her.
我不会是一分钟。 我只是想看看她的所有权利。
I won’t be a minute. I just wanna see if she’s all right.
我相信你花了 下午有利可图。
I trust you spent a profitable afternoon.
哦,是的。你是否也有 一个有利可图的下午,亨利?
Oh, yes. Did you have a profitable afternoon, Henry?
不是很。
Not very.
我想看到你了片刻。
I’d like to see you for a moment.
当然可以。
Certainly.
对不起。
Excuse me.
你能证明给我看 你是天使吗?
Can you prove to me that you are an angel?
证明?你的意思是文件吗?
Proof? You mean a document?
,当然,为什么所有的人你应该知道 天使需要没有护照。
Why, surely, you of all people should know that an angel needs no passport.
我想看到你执行一个奇迹。
I wanna see you perform a miracle.
– 什么样的? – 嗯…
– What kind? – Well…
使这张桌子上升 并在房♥间里飞。
…make this desk rise up and fly around the room.
请亨利。我没有来这里 做愚蠢的把戏。我惊讶于你。
Please, Henry. I didn’t come down here to do silly tricks. I’m surprised at you.
我不相信你是一个天使。
I don’t believe you’re an angel.
我觉得你是一个恶魔右出 –
I think you’re a demon right out of…
噢,亨利。不要说。
Oh, Henry. Don’t say that.
– 好吧,反正,你知道我的感觉。 – 是的。
– Well, anyway, you know how I feel. – Yes.
现在,等待一分钟,达德利, 那里是另一回事。
Now, wait a minute, Dudley, there’s another thing.
哦,吃晚饭,主教。
Oh, dinner is served, bishop.
谢谢你,达德利。
Thank you, Dudley.
对于我们即将接受, 让我们心存感激。
For what we are about to receive, make us thankful.
– 阿门。 – 阿门。
– Amen. – Amen.
通过芹菜,亨利。请。
Pass the celery, Henry. Please.
– 嗯? – 芹菜。
– Hmm? DUDLEY: The celery.
谢谢。
Thank you.
毫米。谢谢。
Mm. Thank you.
[HUMMING]
你哼着什么?
What’s that you’re humming?
哦,我不知道,亲爱的。是什么?
Oh, I don’t know, dear. Is it anything?
– 这是相当同性恋。 – 嗯,我觉得同性恋。
– It’s rather gay. – Well, I feel gay.
[HUMMING]
我喜欢看你梳头。
I like to watch you brushing your hair.
谢谢你,亲爱的。这是一种恭维?
Thank you, dear. Is that a compliment?
是。您做如此干练。
Yes. You do it so capably.
嗯,谢谢你。
Well, thank you.
事实上,现在我来想起来, 你所做的一切能力。
In fact, now I come to think of it, everything you do is capable.
如果有一件事,我很自豪, 这是事实,我们带领一个良好有序的生活。
If there’s one thing I pride myself on, it’s the fact that we lead a well-ordered life.
家庭,我的意思。
The family, I mean.
当然,因为这是信用 因为你比我更。
Of course, the credit for that is due to you much more than to me.
– 我觉得你是一个优秀的妻子。 – 嗯,谢谢你。
– I think you’re an excellent wife. – Well, thank you.
– 你认为我是一个很好的丈夫吗? – 当然,亲爱的。
– Do you think I’m an excellent husband? – Of course, dear.
我们要早点吃晚饭 这样我们就得到圣提摩太的时间。
We’ll have an early supper so we get to St. Timothy’s on time.
– 圣蒂莫西? – 对于合唱团的排练,造福。
– St. Timothy’s? – For the choir rehearsal, the benefit.
哦,是的。
Oh, yes.
你知道,你 – 你已经 寻找最近非常累。
You know, you… You’ve been looking awfully tired lately.
我希望你会采取更容易 达德利在这里跟大家。
I hope you’re gonna take it easier now that Dudley is here with you.
我认为他是非常能干的。
I think that he’s very able.
– 你做什么? – 是的。
– You do? – Yes.
– 他知道这么多东西。 – 什么,例如?
– He knows so many things. – What, for instance?
那么,你应该见过他 在教授Wutheridge。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!