Well, you should have seen him at Professor Wutheridge’s.
他知道更多关于历史 比教授。
He knows more about history than the professor.
他一直在更长的时间。
He’s been at it longer.
[DOOR CLOSES]
[DEBBY LAUGHING]
哦,让她去。 让我们做了。
DUDLEY: Oh, let her go for it. Let’s do that again.
– 不,告诉我一个故事。 – 什么,现在呢?
DEBBY: No, tell me a story. DUDLEY: What, now?
– 难道你不知道什么故事? – 当然,我知道数以百计的故事。
– Don’t you know any stories? – Certainly, I know hundreds of stories.
– 请告诉我一个。请吗? – 所有权利。好的。现在,让我想想。
– Tell me one. Please? – All right. All right. Now, let me think.
好的。 很多很多年前的事。
All right. This happened many, many years ago.
这不是开始的方式。
DEBBY: That’s not the way to begin.
故事开始,“曾几何时”。
Stories start, “Once upon a time.”
哦,是的,这是事实。 嗯,曾几何时…
Oh, yes, that’s true. Well, once upon a time…
有一个小男孩 他住在一个小城镇。
…there was a little boy and he lived in a little town.
– 他叫什么名字? – 他的名字叫大卫。他是个牧人。
– What was his name? – His name was David. He was a shepherd.
中和镇,他住的地方 被称为伯利恒。
And the town where he lived was called Bethlehem.
哦,我知道了伯利恒, 这就是明星。
DEBBY: Oh, I know Bethlehem, that’s where the star was.
这是正确的。 只有大卫住很久以前明星。
That’s right. Only David lived long before the star.
好了,一到晚上,大卫 在山上放羊。
Well, one night, David was out in the hills tending his sheep.
他弹琴和唱歌♥。
He was playing the harp and singing.
他唱什么? “铃儿响叮当”?
What was he singing? “Jingle Bells”?
哈,哈。没有,没有。不,“圣诞 夜泊“没有写。
Ha, ha. No, no. No, “Jingle Bells” hadn’t been written then.
大卫唱歌♥ 他自己写的。
David was singing songs that he wrote himself.
好了,突然,一个天使来到了 大卫说话。
Well, suddenly, an angel came down and spoke to David.
– 大卫是怎么知道这是一个天使呢? – 啊,他不知道。
– How did David know it was an angel? – Ah, he didn’t know.
就是这样,它始终是。
And that’s the way it always is.
天使回落 并把理念融入到人们的头脑中…
Angels come down and put ideas into people’s heads…
然后人们自己感到自豪, 他们认为这是自己的想法。
…then people feel proud of themselves, they think it was all their own idea.
那么,这个天使对大卫说:
Well, this angel said to David:
“羔羊迷路了。”
“One of your lambs has strayed.”
于是大卫抛开他的竖琴,走了出去 在黑暗中找到的羔羊。
So David put aside his harp and went out in the darkness to find the lamb.
当然,天使引导着他。
Of course, the angel guided him.
大卫发现羊肉, 他看到了一个伟大的,凶猛的狮子大。
And when David found the lamb, he saw a great, big ferocious lion.
哦!
Oh!
于是,大卫对狮子说, “你摆脱羊羔!”
So David said to the lion, “You get away from that lamb!”
狮子说:“你跑不掉 我,否则我会吃了你!“
And the lion said, “You get away from me or I’ll eat you too!”
大卫也跑掉?
Did David run away?
你知道为什么吗?
No. You know why?
因为天使把另一个想法, 到他的头上。
Because the angel put another idea into his head.
于是,大卫拿出他的吊索……
So David took out his sling…
他投掷石头 和打狮子之间的眼睛。
…and he hurled a stone and hit the lion right between the eyes.
我敢打赌,,狮子很惊讶。哈 – 哈 – 哈。
I bet that lion was surprised. Ha-ha-ha.
嗯。因此,大卫。
Yeah. And so was David.
因为他不知道 一个天使帮助他。
Because he didn’t know an angel had helped him.
嗯,他拿起羊肉 并把它回折…
Well, he picked up the lamb and took it back to the fold…
然后,他感到很高兴 他另一首歌♥曲。
…and then he felt so happy that he made up another song.
它开始了:
It started out:
“耶♥和♥华♥是我的牧者, 我必不至缺乏;
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;
他使我躺卧 在绿色的牧场。
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
他领我旁边 静止的水域;
He leadeth me beside the still waters;
他使我的灵魂。“
He restoreth my soul.”
你可以告诉的其余部分,亨利。
You can tell the rest of this, Henry.
– 其它的一些时间。 – 你好,爸爸。
– Some other time. DEBBY: Hello, Daddy.
小姐Cassaway,你会得到汉密尔顿太太 在电♥话♥中,好吗?
Miss Cassaway, will you get Mrs. Hamilton on the telephone, please?
小姐Cassaway, 汉密尔顿太太的手♥机♥上,请。
Miss Cassaway, Mrs. Hamilton on the phone, please.
是的,主教。
Yes, bishop.
– 早上好,朱莉娅。 – 早上好,达德利。
DUDLEY: Good morning, Julia. – Good morning, Dudley.
看你在几分钟之内。 还得看明德。
See you in a few minutes. Have to see Matilda.
– 是的。再见,黛比。 – 再见,达德利。
– Yes. Bye, Debby. – Goodbye, Dudley.
再见。
Bye.
– 谢谢你。 – 哦,很漂亮。
– Thank you. – Oh, pretty.
– 你期待的信吗? – 谁也不知道。
– Are you expecting a letter? – One never knows.
但是,如果我要得到一个, 邮票将是值得保存。
But if I should get one, the stamp will be worth saving.
在某一时刻,我不得不汉密尔顿太太。
I’ll have Mrs. Hamilton in a moment.
你会看到今天汉密尔顿太太?
You gonna see Mrs. Hamilton today?
– 我希望。 – 我一起去吗?我想见见她。
– I hope to. – May I come along? I’d like to meet her.
汉密尔顿太太?布鲁厄姆主教。
Mrs. Hamilton? Bishop Brougham.
你好,汉密尔顿太太。你怎么样?
Hello, Mrs. Hamilton. How are you?
我很高兴听到这个消息。
I’m glad to hear it.
汉密尔顿太太, 我想,今天见到你。
Mrs. Hamilton, I’d like to see you today.
那么,这个下午,如果可能的话。
Well, this afternoon, if possible.
是的,它是。这是非常迫切的。
Yes, it is. It’s very urgent.
– 哦,这太糟糕了。 – 噢,太可怕了。
– Oh, that’s too bad. – Oh, terrible.
你可以吗?哦,那是出色。
You can? Oh, that’s splendid.
谢谢你这么多。 我会在那里,5:00这个晚上。
Thank you so much. I’ll be there, 5:00 this evening.
谢谢你,汉密尔顿太太。再见。
Thank you, Mrs. Hamilton. Goodbye.
亨利,你没有预约 今天下午,你呢?
Henry, you didn’t make an appointment for this afternoon, did you?
– 是的,这是唯一可能的时间。 – 你不能做到这一点米勒牧师。
– Yes, it was the only possible time. – You can’t do this to Reverend Miller.
正在举♥行♥彩排为您。
That rehearsal is being held for you.
没有我,他们会相处的所有权利。 还有其他更重要的事情。
They’ll get along all right without me. There are other things more important.
米勒先生会很高兴见到你。
Mr. Miller will be delighted to see you.
但它是不一样的,亨利。 你是他的主教。
But it isn’t the same, Henry. You’re his bishop.
我不喜欢的人去。
And I don’t like going alone.
这是大房♥子 在这条街上,驱动程序的结束。
It’s the big house at the end of this street, driver.
达德利,我是否可以认为 –
Dudley, I take it that…
你有没有钱的出租车吗?
That you have the money for the taxi?
号♥是什么让你觉得我有钱吗?
No. What makes you think I have money?
噢,我还以为你是一个 –
Oh, I just thought that you being an…
[THUDS]
哦,天哪!
Oh, goodness!
– 对不起。 – 对不起。抱歉。
– I’m sorry. – Sorry. Sorry.
[CLEARS THROAT]
谢谢。
Thank you.
我不会迟到了。 我可以加入你才结束。
I won’t be late. I may join you before the end.
请尝试。
Please try.
我会看到你在圣提摩太的 在一小时内。
I’ll see you at St. Timothy’s in one hour.
尝试
Try.
我会在那里。
I will be there.
好。
Good.
这是什么,司机。
This is it, driver.
– 晚上好,:布鲁厄姆主教。 – 你怎么样,史蒂文斯?
– Good evening, Bishop Brougham. – How are you, Stevens?
汉密尔顿太太 在客厅,先生。
Mrs. Hamilton is in the drawing room, sir.
谢谢。
Thank you.
,布鲁厄姆主教。
Well, Bishop Brougham.
我的亲爱的夫人汉密尔顿, 我来告诉你 –
My dear Mrs. Hamilton, I’ve come to tell you…
– 你来道歉的,我相信。 – 没错。
– You’ve come to apologize, I trust. – Exactly.
考虑成熟后, 我反对显得小气…
Upon mature consideration, my objections seem petty…
…相比与慷慨 你的手势。
…compared with the generosity of your gesture.
我很轻松。
I’m very much relieved.
– 坐下,布鲁厄姆主教。 – 谢谢你。
– Sit down, Bishop Brougham. – Thank you.
是什么伤害了我最是想 我的本能背叛我……
What hurt me most was to think that my instincts betrayed me…
建议你 您现在的位置按住。
…in recommending you for the position you now hold.
我很感激,汉密尔顿太太。
I’m grateful, Mrs. Hamilton.
现在,策划大教堂, 我把它视为理所当然…
Now, in planning the cathedral, I’m taking it for granted…
乔治B.汉密尔顿 应当位于纪念教堂 –
…that George B. Hamilton Memorial Chapel shall be located…
你究竟出在哪里,汉密尔顿太太。
Just where you specified, Mrs. Hamilton.
你不再觉得效果会 教堂建在我丈夫的荣誉吗?
You no longer feel the effect will be that the cathedral was built in my husband’s honor?
那是用在争议的热量。
That was used in the heat of dispute.
– 重要的是大教堂建成。 – 好。
– What matters is that the cathedral be built. – Good.
你知道,我不会有他的名字 在一些可怕的小黄铜牌匾。
You know, I will not have his name in some horrid little brass plaque.
哦,不。这将是阴刻大理石, 大字母镀金。
Oh, no. It will be incised in marble, large letters that are gilded.
那大窗口 描绘圣乔治和龙。
That large window depicting Saint George and the dragon.
是吗?
Yes?
我非常喜欢尊容 圣乔治建议我已故的丈夫。
I should very much like that the countenance of Saint George suggest my late husband.
是。
Yes.
– 你是谁看到龙吗? – 哦,任何龙。
– Who do you see as the dragon? – Oh, any dragon.
现在,让我们的蓝图。
Now, let’s get the blueprints.
汉密尔顿太太,因为我们现在 在这样的完整协议…
Mrs. Hamilton, as we’re now in such complete agreement…
你会介意 如果我们推迟讨论?
…would you mind if we postponed the discussion?
朱莉娅的等待我在圣提摩太的。
Julia’s waiting for me at St. Timothy’s.
很好。我们可以去计划 当我们发送的资金转移。
Very well. We can go over the plans when we send for transfer of funds.
谢谢你这么多。我很高兴 我们已经谈妥了我们之间的分歧。
Thank you so much. And I’m so glad we’ve settled our differences.
有什么事吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!