就看你对死者的感情
according to your feeling for the deceased.
有人去世了 先生? – 皮特·隆德
Oh, did somebody die, sir? – Pete Lunn.
谁 先生? – 皮特·隆德
Who, sir? – Pete Lunn.
我不认识这人
Oh, I know no one of that name.
你肯定认识他 奎妮 你是他的受益人
Well, you must have known him, Queenie. You’re his beneficiary.
他的什么 先生?
His what, sir?
他投了2500美元的寿险 受益人是你
His life was insured for $2,500. It’s payable to you.

Oh.
那肯定是弄错了
Oh, there must be some mistake.
没人会给我留下那么多钱
Nobody would be leaving me that much money.
这里没有其他叫玛丽·艾伦·多尔蒂的人吧
There aren’t any other Mary Ellen Daughertys employed here, are there?
没有
No, sir.
哦… 是他啊
Oh… Him it is!
谁? – 1212房♥那个人
Who? – Oh, the man in 1212.
可他的名字不是隆德
But But his name was never Lunn.
是尼尔森
It was, um, uh, Nelson.
对 是尼尔森先生
That’s who that is. That’s Mr. Nelson.
他就是你酒店的客人而已?
And you only knew him as a guest in the hotel?
是啊 不过那都是好几年前了
Yes, sir. Oh, but that was years ago.
那年有爬风 1940年
The year of the hurricane. 1940, that was.
我记得这个是因为我妹妹的孩子出生
I remember because it was when my sister’s youngest was born.
他是自然死亡吗 里尔登先生?
Was it a natural death he was dying, Mr. Riordan?
不是 奎妮 是他杀
No, Queenie. He was murdered.
他杀 真的吗?
Murder, you say?
你口中的这个尼尔森先生住了多久?
How long did Mr. Nelson, as you call him, stay here?
具体我说不上来 不过也就几天而已
Well, I couldn’t say exactly, sir, but no longer than a few days.
之前和之后都没有见过他? – 没有 先生
And you never saw him before those few days or after? – Never, sir.
那他为什么要把保险金留给你?
Why do you suppose he made his insurance payable to you?
无论如何 先生 是他杀?
For the life of me, sir? Murder, it was?
哎呀呀 可怜的尼尔森先生
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor Mr. Nelson.
有一件令人感激的事
Well, there’s one thing to be thankful for.
他可以安息了
He can sleep in consecrated ground.
你说这话是什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
罪孽的不仅仅是他的灵魂
The sin was not on his own soul.
你为什么会认为他会自杀?
Why did you think he’d killed himself?
先生 这话也许我不该说
Well, sir, now maybe I shouldn’t be tellin’ it.
说吧 奎妮
No, go ahead, Queenie.
先生 我当时在巡视
Well, sir, I was makin’ my rounds.
当时我在值夜班 收拾床铺
I was on night duty then, turnin’ down the beds,
我走进1212房♥
and I came into 1212.
一片混乱
Oh! It was a sight to behold!
她走了
She’s gone.
她走了 – 谁走了 先生?
She’s gone! – Who’s gone, mister?
别这样 先生 先生 不要 求求你
Don’t do it, mister! Mister, don’t! Please, mister.
你这样跳下去 就再也见不到上帝的脸
Oh, if you did, you’d never see the face of God.
你会烧死在地狱里 千万别这么做 先生
You’d burn in hell to the end of time. Oh, you mustn’t, mister.
万能的圣母呀 帮帮我
Oh, blessed Mother of God, help me. Oh, please.
她走了
She’s gone!
查尔斯顿说的没错 他说得没错
Charleston was right. He was right.
查尔斯顿说得没错
Charleston was right.
大西洋保险理赔部
Atlantic Casualty, claim department.
你同事 请讲
There’s your party. Go ahead.
早上好 斯黛拉 – 早上好
Good morning, Stella. – Good morning, dream boy.
凯尼恩先生要见你 – 那个瑞典人呢?
Mr. Kenyon wants to see you. – What about the Swede?
皮特·隆德
Pete Lunn.
我还没转录呢 – 嗯哼
Oh, my notes aren’t transcribed yet. – Uh-huh.
发给我的?
You sent for me?
你在忙什么? – 隆德的案子
What are you working on? – The Lunn case.
那笔2500美元的人身保险? – 不错
That one of those $2,500 death benefits? – That’s right.
忘记了
Forget it.
有个货物索赔 – 有没有听说过查尔斯顿的名字?
There’s a damaged freight claim – Ever hear of anyone called Charleston?
查尔斯顿
Charleston.
有个大盗叫这个名字 怎么了?
There was a petty-larceny thief. Why?
绣着金色竖琴的绿手帕你认得吗?
Does a green handkerchief decorated with golden harps mean anything to you?
你在说什么 绿手帕?
What are you talking about, a green handkerchief?
你有没有想起一个人的名字
Did you ever try to remember something like somebody’s name,
已经到嘴边了
have it on the tip of your tongue almost,
却说不出来 有没有? – 有吧
then, just as you’re about to say it, lose it? – I guess so.
这绿手帕就是这样
Well, that’s how it is with me and this green handkerchief.
是真丝的 谁的? – 那个死者的
It’s real silk. Whose was it? – The dead man’s.
听着 我正在组建一个小组
Listen. I’m trying to run an organization.
这里有一堆的索赔要处理
The number of claims piled up here,
再给我六个调查员还是不够用
I could use six other investigators and still be behind.
而你却为这么一点小钱闲逛
And you’re off fooling around with a two-for-a-nickel shooting.
这可不是一笔小钱
But this isn’t a two-for-a-nickel shooting.
两名职业杀手来到一个小镇上
Two professional killers show up in a small town,
对一个加油站的普通员工下手
and put the blast on a filling station attendant, a nobody.
没有抢劫的迹象 他们只为一件事
There was no attempt at robbery. They were out for only one thing.
就是杀掉他 为什么?
To kill him. Why?
我不知道 而且 我不在乎
I don’t know. And what’s more, I don’t care.
来 去调查一下这些
Here, get to work on these.
再给我几天时间 也许会有线索
Give me a couple of more days. Maybe a bell will ring.
我一定炒了你
I’d fire you,
要不是我知道你会为更高的工资去保诚公♥司♥
if I didn’t know you’d go right over to more money at the Prudential.
去吧 再给你一天时间
Go ahead. One more day.
先别打了 你待会儿再打 先给我念一遍
Never mind typing it up. You can do that later. Read it to me, huh?
凯莉健身房♥还真找对了
Kelly’s gym was a good hunch.
真名: 奥利·安德森 1908年6月23日出生于费城
“Real name: Ole Anderson. Born: Philadelphia, June 23, 1908.
母亲死于1909年
“Mother died 1909.
父亲在费城转运公♥司♥就职 1916年去世
Father employed by Philadelphia Transit Company. “Died: 1916.
1928年开始职业拳击赛
Started fighting professionally in 1928.
体重173磅
“Weight: 173.
最后一次比赛: 费城体育大世界 1935年10月
Last fight: Philadelphia Sports Arena, October 1935.”
我就知道那双手不是意外
I knew those hands were no accident.
三年后 1938年10月 因为抢劫在费城被捕
“Three years later, October 1938, arrested in Philadelphia for robbery.
被里根法官判了三年劳役
“Sentenced to three years of hard labor by Justice Reagan.
因为表现良好于40年5月释放 就这么多信息了
Released for good behavior in May of’40.” That’s all I could get.
这就够了 打电♥话♥给雷诺兹 把这事告诉他
That’s enough. Look, call up Reynolds on the ledger. Give him the story.
他会给我们好处的
He’s done good turns for us.
试着找一下有没有
And try and see if you can,
一个叫查尔斯顿的盗贼
locate an old-time thief named Charleston, will you?
谢谢
Thank you.
对了 抓捕安德森的是谁?
Oh, by the way, who made that pinch on Anderson?
鲁宾斯基警探 费城第五区
Detective Lieutenant Lubinsky. Philadelphia, fifth precinct.
嗯哼 回见
Uh-huh. See you later.
萨姆 – 什么事?
Sam! – Yes?
有人找你 – 在这儿
Someone to see you. – Out here.
鲁宾斯基警探? – 是我
Lieutenant Lubinsky? – That’s right.
什么事?
What can I do for you?
请坐 里尔登先生
Sit down, Mr. Riordan.
没关系 已经干了
It’s all right. They’re dry.
我不知道你是否记得
I don’t know whether you remember,
你曾经逮捕过一个叫奥利·安德森的人
but you once arrested a man named Ole Anderson.
记得 – 他遇害身亡了
I remember. – Well, he’s been murdered.
在你们公♥司♥投保的? – 对
Insured with your company? – Yes.
好吧 你想知道什么?
Okay, what do you want to know?
任何你可以告诉我的事
Anything you can tell me.
关于奥利前几年的事我都可以告诉你
I can tell you almost everything about Ole up until the last few years.
这里曾是他的落脚处?
This was his stamping ground?
12号♥房♥ 在费城这里 我们俩都是
Came from the 12th ward, right here in Philly. Both of us did.
他父亲和我父亲在一起工作
His old man and mine worked together.
他父亲是司机 我父亲是售票员
His was a motorman, mine a conductor.
奥利和我小时候经常在一起
Ole and I ran around together when we were kids.
我进了警局 他开始打拳
I joined the department. He started fightin’.
我们一直保持联♥系♥
We always kept in touch.
然后你逮捕的他?
And you put the pinch on him?
在其位谋其职嘛
When you’re a copper, you’re a copper.
他输的时候我都一直在他身边
Seems like I was always in there when he was losing.
你看过他打拳吗?
Did you ever see him fight?
没有吧 我不记得
I don’t think so. Not that I remember.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!