他比较出色 挨了很多次打
He was pretty good. Take an awful lot of punishment.
我看过他第一次打拳和最后一次
Yeah. I saw his first fight and I saw his last,
不过最后一轮开始我才到场
though I didn’t get there till the start of the last round.
他当时跟老虎刘易斯打
He was fightin’ Tiger Lewis.
你好 警探
Hiya, Lieutenant.
好了 暂停 快点 清场了 出来
All right, seconds out. Come on, fella, let’s clear the ring. Outside.
用你的右拳 瑞典人
Now use your right, Swede.
他很容易受到攻击 这是最后一轮了
He’s wide open, and it’s the last round.
不停得打右拳
Keep throwin’ your right.
皮特 他有机会吗?
Hello, Pete. Has he got a chance?
他要完蛋了 撑不下去了
He’s gettin’ murdered. Can’t last.
右拳 瑞典人 打右拳
Your right, Swede. Let go with your right.
分开 伙计们 后退
Break it up, boys. Step back.
一 二 三
One, two, three,
四 五 六 – 九秒 瑞典人 九秒
four, five, six, – Take nine, Swede. Take nine.
七 八 九…
seven, eight, nine…
你怎么回事 瑞典人? 用你的右拳 右拳
What’s the matter with you, Swede? Use your right! Your right!
一 二 三
One, two, three,
四 五 六
four, five, six,

seven
胜出者
The winner!
瑞典人 你知道我是谁吗?
Hey, Swede. Swede? Do you know who I am?
嗯 – 我是谁?
Uhh. – Who am I?
你是… 你是… – 说我是谁
You’re… You’re… – Say who I am.
我是谁? 说我的名字
Who am I? Say my name.
看看这手
Take a look at that hand.
怪不得他不打右拳
Gee. No wonder he didn’t throw his right.
医生 过来一下
Hey, Doc. In there, please.
看看这手
Take a look at this.
明天早上到我办公室做个x光
Have him come into my office in the morning for an x-ray.
怪不得 – 还有几轮?
No wonder. – What round’s comin’ up?
上匕赛结束了 瑞典人
The fight’s over, Swede.
你们给他洗个澡吧
Yeah. You’d better get him under the shower.
他打到最后一轮了 – 是啊 我真幸运
He’s fought his last fight. – Yeah. Just my luck.
他不是米吉沃克也不是罗圣朋
Well, he wasn’t no Mickey Walker or no Rosenbloom,
但他打得还不错
but he’d done all right.
这下我要退出前10了
I figure I’m out about ten G’s.
我现在是没指望了
That ain’t hay for me these days.
你怎么样 奥利?
How you doing, Ole?
出什么事了? – 响铃的时候你还在地上
What happened? – You were on the deck when the bell rang.
是吗?
Yeah?
今晚给他的手热敷冷敷交替…
See that he gets hot and cold compresses…
先把肿消下来
on that hand tonight to take the swelling down.
消下来 肿上去 有什么区别
Swelling down, swelling up. It don’t make no difference now.
振作点儿 帕吉 不是还有其他人嘛
Ah, cheer up, Packy. There’s more where he came from.
前10就是前10
Ten G’s is ten G’s.
你觉得排第四的那个爱尔兰人怎么样?
How’d ya like that Irish kid that was fourth on the card?
那个卡拉汉
That Callahan.
他超厉害 那小子 可惜跟了瓦格纳
He’s a powerhouse, that boy. Wagner’s got him.
两三百块就能从瓦格纳那儿买♥♥下卡拉汉
I bet you could buy Callahan off Wagner for two, three hundred.
那也无法改变被打败的记录 是吧?
Anyway, it won’t go down in the record books as a K.O., will it?
不错 奥利
That’s right, Ole.
在这儿呆这干什么
There’s no use hanging around here.
我从来不喜欢守夜 晚安
I never did like wakes. Good night.
晚安 – 是啊 晚安 各位
Good night. – Yeah, good night, fellas.
我敢打赌那个卡拉汉能帮你重进前10
I bet you that Callahan would get your ten G’s back for you.
那家伙就是小菜一碟
That guy was a cinch.
如果我右手好好的话肯定轻松拿下他
I could have taken him easy if my right had been workin’.
下次吧
Well, next time.
没有下次了
There isn’t gonna be a next time.
什么意思 没有下次了?
What do you mean, no next time?
你现在也许已经知道
You might as well know it right now.
你结束了 – 嗯?
You’re through. – Huh?
那只手再也好不了 打不了拳了
That hand will never be good again. Not for fighting.
谁说的? – 医生说的
Who said so? – The doc, for one.
也许他弄错了呢
Maybe he’s wrong.
他没错 奥利 骨头都碎了
He’s not wrong, Ole. The bones are all broken.
碎了可以接起来 对吧?
Well, they can mend, can’t they?
你以为是玩具呢 坏了还可以重新装起来
Not so’s you can hit a toy balloon without breakin’ ’em all over again.
你打不了拳了 奥利
No. You’re done fightin’, Ole.
你想听我的建议 这是件好事
And if you want my opinion, it’s a lucky thing.
你还没昏过去
You aren’t punchy yet.
万一打的是你的脑袋可怎么办
Suppose it was your brains were scrambled instead of your hand.
我不会退出的
I ain’t quittin’.
手坏了退出不退出有什么关系
It’s not quittin’ if your hand’s gone.
我还有点能耐 是吧? – 不错
I stayed the limit, didn’t I? – That’s right.
没有人能从你身上拿走
They can’t take that away from you.
去吃饭吗? – 好
Want to eat? – Yeah.
上次有50个人在外面等着…
Last time there were 50 guys outside…
就想握我这只手
just waitin’ to shake this.
可是输了就没人了
Funny when you lose a fight, ain’t it?
你好 莉莉 – 你好
Hello, Lilly. – Oh.
你好 瑞典人 你没事吧?
Hi. Hello, Swede. You all right?
没事
Yeah.
我看今晚你是不想庆祝了
I guess you don’t feel like much celebration tonight.
不如到我家去
Maybe you’d like to come over to my house.
我做点好吃的
I’ll cook up something to eat.
莉莉 我告诉你 我现在不饿
Well, Lilly, I’ll tell you. Right now, I’m I’m not hungry.
你邀请错人了 – 拉倒吧 你天生就饿
You invited the wrong guy. – Ah, you. You were born hungry.
你看比赛了吗?
Did you see the fight?
我还是坐在平常的位子上
I was in my regular seat.
我没注意到
I didn’t notice tonight.
你右手怎么了?
Hey, what was the matter with your right?
他受伤了
He hurt it.
太遗憾了 奥利 你肯定可以打败他
Too bad, Ole. You’d have taken him sure.
是啊
Yeah.
莉莉 我… – 我知道 奥利
Well, Lilly, I… – I know, Ole.
那我回家去了
Guess I better be going on home.
好 明天给你电♥话♥ – 好的
Yeah, I’ll call you up tomorrow. – Okay.
晚安 萨姆 – 回见 莉莉
Good night, Sam. – I’ll be seeing you, Lilly.
我要不打拳了我能干什么?
What am I going to do if I quit fightin’?
可以去我们局里啊
Well, there’s always the department.
不 我不想当警♥察♥
No, I wouldn’t want to be a copper.
当警♥察♥也不赖啊 奥利 20年就能拿到养老金
It’s not a bad life, Ole. Twenty years and you’ve got a pension.
起薪每年2200美元
And it’s $2,200 a year to start.
每年2200啊
$2,200 a year.
你知道吗?
You know something?
有时候我一个月就赚那么多了
Some months I made that much in one month.
有时候
Some months.
在那之后我就没怎么见到奥利
After that I didn’t see much of Ole.
那也不是我的错 事情就是这样
It wasn’t my fault. Just one of those things.
萨姆 – 怎么了?
Sam! – Yes?
开门
Open the door.
好闷热啊
Whew! It’s getting muggy.
你们喝点柠檬水吧
Thought you might like some lemonade.
亲爱的 这位是里尔登先生
Swell. This is Mr. Riordan.
这是我妻子 – 你好
My wife. – How are you?
我们正在说奥利 – 可怜的小子
We were just talking about Ole. – Poor boy.
你认识他吗 里尔登先生? – 不认识
You knew him, Mr. Riordan? – No.
里尔登先生在调查他的死
Mr. Riordan is investigating his death.
他是个好人 没人会想杀他
He was a good boy. No one had any call to kill him.
莉莉也认识奥利
Lilly knew Ole too.
我们三个曾经在一起呆过
The three of us were together a good part of the time.
她一直都很喜欢他 – 萨姆
She was always in love with him. – Sam!
而我一直都喜欢她
And I was always in love with her.
结局对我来说还挺好
Worked out fine for me anyway.
我也没什么不开心
I haven’t been too unhappy myself.
你最近什么时候见过他 鲁宾斯基太太?
How recently had you seen the Swede, Mrs. Lubinsky?
自从萨姆和我结婚以后就没见过 – 九年前
Oh, not since Sam and I got married. – Just about nine years ago.
9月26日 奥利是伴郎
September the 26th. Ole was best man.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!