Yeah. Mmm-hmm.
对 他现在在我这儿
Yeah, he’s here with me right now.
好的
Okay.
一个叫杰克的人
A fellow named Jake the Rake.
打听凯蒂吗? – 是啊
Asking about Kitty? – Yeah.
我放出话说她今晚10点会跟我联♥系♥…
I sent out word that she had till 10:00 tonight to get in touch with me…
否则我会把我知道的告诉警♥察♥
or I’d take what I know to the police.
再见 科尔法克斯 很高兴认识你
So long, Colfax. Glad to have met you.
里尔登 如果你碰到她 告诉我 好吗?
Say, Riordan. If ya do run on to her, let me know, will ya?
等你跟她完事以后
After you’re through with her,
我想亲自跟凯蒂说两句话
I’d like to have a word or two with Kitty myself.
我们还有事情没办完
We got some unfinished business.
那个女服务是否真能认出凯蒂
I wonder if that chambermaid can really identify Kitty.
六年了都? 不可能
After six years? Not a chance.
但是科尔法克斯相信了 我想凯蒂也会相信
But Colfax fell for it. I think Kitty will too.
你知道我怎么想?
You know what I think?
我们在这儿等那个女人打电♥话♥真是疯了
I think we’re nuts waitin’ here for that dame to call.
她会打的
She’ll call.
我跟你打赌她不会打
A deuce’ll get you four she won’t.
我在警局呆了这么多年不是白呆的
I haven’t been on the force all these years for nothin’.
我对女人非常了解…
I know more about women…
喂? 我是里尔登
Yes? Riordan speaking.
好的 柯林斯小姐
Wherever you say, Miss Collins.
苏利文街的绿猫?
The Green Cat on Salton Street?
不不 谢谢 我不喜欢绿猫
No. No, thanks. I don’t like the Green Cat.
还是20分钟后到阿德尔菲剧院的大厅吧
Better make it the lobby of the Adelphi Theater in 20 minutes.
不 我不会去 但我会派人去
No, I won’t be there, but I’ll send a man.
表演已经开始了 所以不会有很多人
The show’s already begun, so there won’t be any crowd.
他会带你来见我
He’ll bring you to me.
听着 不会有警♥察♥ 我就想做个交易
Look, there’ll be no police. I wanna make a deal.
如果你不信 那就算了 你自己想清楚
If you’re pinched, that ends that. Figure it out for yourself.
很好 我让他等着
Good. The man’ll be waiting.
蓝色西装 打领结
Blue suit, bow tie.
有火柴吗?
Got a match?
不用了 我只想看一下你的领结 走吧
Never mind. I only wanted to see your tie. I’m ready.
我们坐出租车
We’ll take a cab.
直接往前开 转弯的时候我告诉你
Straight ahead. I’ll tell you when to turn.
里尔登在哪? – 我就是里尔登
Where’s Riordan? – I’m Riordan.
我早该知道
I should have known.
我等着你打电♥话♥呢 你怎么找到我的?
I was hoping you’d call. How’d you know where to find me?
以前认识的杰克打电♥话♥给我
A voice from the past, Jake the Rake, called me.
我从匹兹堡坐了第一班飞机过来
I took the first plane for Pittsburgh.
就在下一个拐角
Right at the next corner.
我们要去哪?
Where are we going?
苏利文街的绿猫
The Green Cat on Salton Street.
你不是不喜欢绿猫嘛
Thought you didn’t like the Green Cat.
有人要找我啊
Only when I’m not expected.
一杯牛奶 热的 我一整天都没吃东西
Glass of milk, hot. I haven’t eaten all day.
牛排包 兔肉 一杯啤酒
Steak sandwich, rare, and a glass of beer.
好的 先生
Very good, sir.
怎么样?
Well, how about it?
什么怎么样 里尔登先生? – 那25万呀
How about what, Mr. Riordan? – The $254,912.
你认为是我拿了? – 为了你好 我希望是这样
You think I have it? – For your sake, I hope so.
我不是警♥察♥
I’m not the law.
我的工作是为公♥司♥找回这笔钱
My job is to recover money that the company I work for is out.
如果找不到这笔钱
If the money’s gone, well,
给你判个20年…
putting you away for 20 years…
也算对得起我花的时间和精力了
would be something to show for my time and effort.
你能放过我吗 里尔登先生?
Can you put me away, Mr. Riordan?
布林奇·富兰克林临死前发誓
Blinky Franklin made a deathbed statement under oath.
没有什么比这更好的证词了
There’s no stronger testimony.
大西洋城一家酒店的服务员…
And there’s a chambermaid in an Atlantic City hotel…
也记得那些面孔
that has a memory for faces.
嗯?
Well?
别跟我开玩笑了 你要我做什么都行
Oh, there’s no use kidding myself. I’d do anything you wanted.
把我手上的钱全部给你
Give you every penny I could lay my hands on.
有多少钱?
How many pennies is that?
我最多能筹到六七万
Well, I I might be able to raise $65,000, $70,000 at the most.
不够 – 我就能筹到这么多了
Not enough. – That’s all I could possibly get together.
我不能出事 里尔登先生 现在不能
I’m not stalling, Mr. Riordan, not now.
我知道我失败了
I know when I’m beaten.
我在为我的人生抗争 不是为凯蒂·柯林斯 而是为我
I’m fighting for my life. Not Kitty Collins’ life, but mine.
我现在有家有丈夫了
I have a home now and a husband.
我有自己的生活了 这世界上没有什么
I’ve got a life worth fighting for and there’s nothing in this world,
我不会去做的事
I wouldn’t do to keep it just the way it is.
如果你肯说出一个名字
Well, we might still be able to do business,
我们也许还有的交易
if you put a prize in with the Cracker Jacks.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
我需要一个人伏法
I want a fall guy for the law.
会是谁?
Who would that be?
科尔法克斯
Colfax.
即便是凯蒂·柯林斯 也从不唱歌♥ 里尔登先生
Even the old Kitty Collins never sang, Mr. Riordan.
那我一个人走了
Well, I’ll be moseying along.
我要不要告诉警♥察♥你住的地方 和你回家的时间?
Do I tell the police where you live and what time you’ll be home?
请等一下 你想要什么?
Oh, please wait. What is it you want?
这样好些
That’s better.
是谁策划的抢劫案?
Who planned the robbery?
科尔法克斯 – 瑞典人爱上你了吗?
Colfax. – Was the Swede in love with you?
我好长时间没见过他
I hadn’t seen him for a long time,
但是我看见他的那一刻 我就知道了
but the minute I laid eyes on him, I knew.
他视线从没离开过我 也不能算什么吧
He was always looking at me, and it doesn’t sound like very much,
但是他一直带着我送他的那块手帕
but he always carried a handkerchief I’d given him.
绿色… 有金色竖琴的?
Green… with golden harps?
牛排包? – 我的 牛奶是这位女士的
Steak sandwich? – For me. The milk’s for the lady.
里尔登先生 我希望你相信一些事情
Mr. Riordan, I’d like you to believe something.
我讨厌自己的生活
I hated my life,
只是我不够坚强到去摆脱它
only I wasn’t strong enough to get away from it.
我只能梦想有一个机会
All I could do was dream of some big payoff,
能让我退出所有那些喧闹
that would let me quit the whole racket.
瑞典人就是我实现梦想的机会
The Swede was my chance to make my dream come true.
如果我能单独和他呆几个小时多好
If I could only be alone with him for a few hours.
但科尔法克斯一直在我身边
But Colfax was always there.
我以为没有希望了 突然我的机会来了
I thought it was hopeless, and then suddenly my chance came.
你是说烧掉小客栈?
You mean the burning down of the Halfway House.
科尔法克斯让我通知其他人
Colfax sent me to tell the others what had happened,
我们要在农夫那里接头
and that they were to meet at the farmer’s instead.
我先去找布林奇·富兰克林 然后找当当
I went to Blinky Franklin first and then to Dum-dum.
我把瑞典人放在最后
I saved the Swede till last.
大概凌晨两点我到了那里
It was nearly2:00 in the morning when I got there.
凯蒂
Kitty!
怎么了?
What’s up?
我冒着生命危险来告诉你
I’m taking my life in my hands coming to you like this.
我不能坐视不理
But I just couldn’t stand by,
你在费城为我做了那么多
not after what you did for me that time in Philly.
算了 你来这里干什么?
Forget that. Why are you here now?
科尔法克斯以为我去纽约了
Colfax thinks I’m on my way to New York.
他明天在那儿见我
He’s meeting me there tomorrow.
但我要告诉你 瑞典人
But I just had to come to you, Swede, and tell you.
告诉我什么?
Tell me what?
他们准备出♥卖♥♥♥你
They’re planning to double-cross you.
谁?
Who is?
科尔法克斯和其他人
Colfax and the others.
他们不打算让你分
They don’t intend for you ever to get,
一丁点钱
a smell of the money from tomorrow’s job.
你怎么知道?
How do you know that?
今晚你离开以后 科尔法克斯跟当当和布林奇提出的
Colfax sprung it tonight on Dum-dum and Blinky right after you left.
先是叫着你的名字 说你的坏话
First he called you names and said dirty things about you,
然后他就跳起来
and then he sprung it.
如果他们抢劫之后不去小客栈呢?
What if they were not to go to the Halfway House after the robbery?
你会去那儿
You’d go there,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!