你必须和我们交流,菲莉帕。
I’m about to procure a round of hook Norton’s old hooky ales.
我要请大家喝一杯胡克·诺顿的老酒。
Oh, thanks. I’ll just have a ginger beer, please.
哦,谢谢。请给我一杯姜汁啤酒。
“If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
“如果你能忍♥受,你说过的真♥相♥
twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
被恶棍扭曲,用来诱骗傻瓜,
or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
或者,看着你为之付出一生的东西被破坏,
and stoop and build them up
那就弯下腰,用破旧的工具
with worn-out tools.”
重建它们。”
这是摘自英国诗人约瑟夫.卢得雅德.吉卜林(1865-1936)
的《如果》中的诗句。
I’ll get the drinks in.
我去备酒。
Six pints of old hooky ale,
请给我拿六品脱的老啤酒,
and a ginger beer, please.
再来一杯姜汁啤酒。
He’s very eloquent. Does he work in a theatre?
他口才很好。他在剧院工作吗?
No. Carphone warehouse.
不是。他为手♥机♥零售商卡冯货仓工作。
Just till he gets back on his feet again.
直到他重新站起来。
You sure you want to join this group?
你确定要加入这个团体吗?
You look quite normal.
你看起来很正常。
I’m not.
我不正常。
So, why are you all interested in Richard III?
那么,你们为什么对理查三世感兴趣呢?
Everyone has their own reasons, I suppose.
我想每个人都有自己的理由。
But the one thing that binds us ricardians
但有一件省戡把我们这些“挺理查派”联♥系♥在一起,
is that we stand united against lies and falsehoods,
那就是我们团结起来,反对谎言和谬误,
whether they be peddled on tudor printing presses
不管它们是在都铎王朝的印刷机上
or on Twitter.
还是在推特上兜售。
– What about you? – Oh. Not quite sure.
-你怎么看这个? -哦,还不十分肯定。
I’d quite like to pay my respects, though.
不过我还是想表达,我对你们的敬意。
You know, maybe visit his grave one day.
也许哪天去他的墓前看看。
Oh, you’ll have a job. There isn’t one.
哦,那你就有活儿干了。因为根本就没有找到坟墓。
Depending on who you talk to,
取决于你问的是谁,
he was either thrown into the river soar
他要么被扔进了河里
or his mortal remains are lost to history.
要么他的尸体,被葬入丢失的历史中了。
– Hi, mum. – Hey. How was it?
-嗨,妈妈。 -嘿。怎么样啊?
– Really good. – Yeah?
-真的不错。 -是吗?
– M dies at the end. – Oh, great.
-最后M夫人死了。 -哦,太惊讶了。
– Forty people were killed.- Yeah?
– 40人被杀。 —是吗?
But James Bond only killed
但是詹姆斯·邦德只杀了
– 17 people. – Right.
-17个人。 -没错。
Which means 23 of them were killed by unlicensed people.
也就是说,其中23人是被无执照的人士杀害的。
Oh. Oh, dear. Er, don’t get too comfortable.
哦。哦,亲爱的。呃,别太兴奋了。
It’s a school night. Remember? Go on, I’ll be up in a minute.
明天还要上学。记得吗?先去洗洗睡,我马上就过去。
Goodnight.
晚安。
– Night, Max. – Goodnight.
-晚安,麦克斯。 -晚安。
Did you manage to relax?
你去放松了吗?
Yeah, it was nice and quiet, really.
是啊,真的很好,很舒服。
You went out?
你出去了?
Yeah, just to the corner shop.
是的,就去街角的商店。
For… tomatoes.
买♥♥了…几个西红柿。
Right. I’m away home.
好吧,我这就离家。
– Goodnight. – Night.
-晚安。 -晚安。
Mum, you look like a panda.
妈妈,你看起来像一只熊猫。
Oh, thanks, darling.
哦,谢谢,亲爱的。
Don’t go to work today, mum.
今天别去上班了,妈妈。
Stay at home until you feel better.
就呆在家里,直到你感觉好点儿。
Thanks, sweetheart. Think I will.
谢谢,宝贝。我想我会的。
Look after your brother, all right?
照顾好你的弟弟,行吗?
I have a condition…
我有种状态…
Which I have to manage.
这是我必需要解决的。
It’s called me and, erm…
这是在召唤我,而我…
It flares up when I’m stressed.
在压力大的时候,会发怒的。
It’s funny, people find out this one thing about you
有趣的是,人们发现了你的这一点
and that’s all they can see.
他们也只能看到这一点。
But there’s more to me than that.
但我还有更重要的事。
I’ve been trying to work out why you’re here.
我一直想知道,你为什么会在这里。
I’m wondering if it’s because you’re lost.
我想知道,是不是因为你迷路了。
– Hi. – Hi.
-嗨,-嗨。
We think you might be having some sort of breakdown.
我们认为你可能精神崩溃了。
We think you need to talk to someone.
我们觉得,你需要找人谈谈。
Sorry, is this some kind of intervention?
抱歉,这是所谓“干预疗法”吗?
No. You haven’t answered our calls,
不是,你一直都不接我们的电♥话♥,
you haven’t answered our texts. What have you been doing?
你也没回我们的短♥信♥。你一直在做什么?
And you should know Tony’s saying that you left
你应该知道,托尼说你离开
because of your health.
是因为健康问题。
He says he’s been covering up the extent of your me for years.
他说,这么多年来,他一直在替你掩盖。
How can he say that? It’s not even true.
他怎么能这么说呢?这根本不是真的。
But you’re not there to defend yourself though, are you?
但你不是去为自己辩护的,对吧?
Do you know the principle “innocent until proven guilty”
你知道”无罪推定”这条原则
was introduced 500 years ago?
早在500年前就有了吗?
By Richard III, actually.
实际上,是由理查三世制定的。
No.
不知道。
No, neither did I until about two days ago.
是的,我也是两天前才知道。
Excuse me.
对不起。
Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
– Not back to work. – What’ll you do, Phil?
-反正不去上班。 -你要去做什么?菲尔。
I don’t know. Maybe, erm… have an adventure?
我不知道。也许,呃…去经历一次奇遇?
理查三世协会会刊《挺理查派公告》
理查三世协会,成立于1924年。
2012年三月刊
一位妻子的研究–马修.琼斯著
探究真实的战斗–罗丝.塞得斯密丝
方济各修士和失踪的国王–杰西卡.腾纳姆
Jessica, nice to meet you.
杰西卡,很高兴见到你。
Pleased to meet you too, Philippa.
很高兴见到你,菲利帕。
Welcome to the king Richard family.
欢迎来到理查三世国王的大家庭。
You wrote to me about greyfriars church and the king?
你写信给我说方济各修士教堂和国王的事?
Yes, nobody now knows where the church is located,
是的,现在没人知道那座教堂的位置,
but you believe that’s where they buried Richard
但你相信,那是博斯沃思战役后,
after the battle of bosworth?
他们埋葬理查的地方吗?
All the sources suggest he could have been.
所有消息来源都表明,他可能是被埋葬在那里。
My guess is he’d be under the choir.
我病戡他应该就在唱诗班的下面。
It’s the part of the church where they buried
这是教堂里埋葬
– all the important people. – Ah, ok.
-所有重要人物的地方。 -啊。好的。
Er, but, you know, you really should have a word
呃,但是,你知道,你真的应该
with Graham naismith.
和格雷厄姆·奈史密斯谈谈。
He’s an amateur historian I came across.
他是我遇到的业余历史学家。
Lives over there in cornwall.
住在康沃尔郡那边。
– Mum! – Yes, in here. Hey, love.
-妈妈! -是的,我在这儿。嘿,宝贝。
Did you stay at home all day?
你在家呆了一整天吗?
No, I wasn’t feeling very well.
没有,我觉得不太舒服。
– I’m feeling much better now. – What’s for dinner?
-我现在感觉好多了。 -晚餐吃什么?
Erm, I don’t know. I haven’t… I’ll do it in a minute.
嗯,我不知道。我还没有… 我马上就做。
Can we just order some pizza? Max knows how to do it.
我们能订些披萨外卖♥♥吗? 麦克斯知道怎么下单。
Yes, ok. Take my card, it’s just there.
是的,好的。拿着我的信♥用♥卡♥,就在那儿。
Don’t tell your dad, ok? Where is he, by the way?
别告诉你♥爸♥爸,好吗? 对了,他在哪儿?
Entertaining his female suitor.
取悦他的女追求者。
Ah, makes sense.
啊,希望他理智一些。
I was talking to Jessica in San Diego and she said
我和圣地亚哥的杰西卡谈过
you were the man to speak to about Richard’s grave.
她说可以找你,谈谈理查德的坟墓。
Ah, the holy grail.
啊,那个圣杯。
Well, if you’re interested in all that,
如果你对这些感兴趣,
I can send you a link if you like.
我可以给你发链接。
Oh, Graham, that’d be… That’d be fantastic, thank you.
哦,格雷厄姆,那是…那太好了,谢谢。
The key is to find Robert herrick’s garden.
关键是找到罗伯特·赫里克的花♥园♥。
– Whose? – Robert herrick.
—谁的? -罗伯特·赫里克。
He was a former mayor of Leicester
他是莱斯特市的前市长,
who supposedly built a shrine in the grounds of his mansion
据说在17世纪早期,他在自己的宅邸的空地上
in the early 1600s to Mark the spot where Richard was buried.
建造了一座圣坛,以纪念理查的安葬地点。
Sorry, Graham, I can’t help noticing your hair.
抱歉,格雷厄姆,我忍♥不住注意到你的头发。
It looks a lot like Richard III’s.
看起来很像理查三世的。
Is that deliberate?
这是刻意的吗?
Yes.
是的。
Robert herrick was mayor of Leicester in 1593
罗伯特·赫里克是1593年的莱斯特市长,
and I think again in 1605.
我认为,他在1605年也是。
There’s a map somewhere in the city archives
城市档案里有张地图
which shows where he built his mansion

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!