Actually, erm, the historian John ashdown-hill
事实上,历史学家约翰·阿什顿-希尔
has traced living descendants of Richard’s
通过对理查家族的女性线粒体DNA的线索,
back through 500 years
追踪找到了500年后,
of the female mitochondrial DNA line.
现存的理查家族后代。
So… a simple DNA test would establish definitively
所以…一个简单的DNA测试就能确定
whether any remains were his.
找到的遗骸是不是他的。
Any other questions? No?
还有其他问题吗? 没有了吗?
Thank you, Philippa.
谢谢你,菲利帕。
If you’d like to wait downstairs,
如果你愿意在楼下等,
we’ll discuss this further.
我们再进一步讨论。
Sure. Thank you.
当然。谢谢你。
Thank you so much.
非常感谢大家。
Now, I’m sure this woman means well,
我相信这个女人是好意,
but it’s important to acknowledge
但必须承认
that she’s an amateur.
她是个外行。
And she has an emotional dynamic
她有一种情绪冲动
which I don’t think is very helpful.
我觉得这对她没什么好处。
My concern is for the reputation of the university,
我担心的是大学的声誉,
should this whole thing become a fiasco.
如果整件事失败了。
Huh! I mean, Richard III, under a car park.
哈!我是说,理查三世,在停车场底下。
– Hi. – Hi.
-嗨, -嗨。
It’s been approved. Congratulations.
已经批准了。祝贺你。
– What? No! – Yes.
-什么?不会吧! -是的。
– No! – Yes.
-不会吧! -是的。
Oh, and you are also fully funded.
对了,你的资金也很充足。
Martin Peters from leicestershire promotions
莱斯特郡宣传部的马丁·彼得斯
has agreed to give you the full 35k.
同意给你拨款3万5千英镑。
He thinks the publicity would be great for the city,
他认为这对这座城市有好处,
– and I agree. – Oh, my goodness.
-我也同意。 -哦,我的上帝。
Oh, thank you so much.
哦,太感谢你了。
Now, can I give you a piece of advice?
现在,我能给你一个建议吗?
Of course, yes.
当然可以。
Please don’t mention your feelings again.
请不要再提你的感觉了。
Right, yes, of course.
没错,是的,当然不提了,
– I keep doing that. – Yes.
-我一直这么做。—是的。
People love to use that as a stick to beat you with.
别人会把这个作为你的把柄。
– Especially if you’re a woman. – Of course. Thank you so much.
-尤其当你是女人。 -当然。非常感谢。
This is the equivalent of someone with a homemade rocket
这就相当于一个人戴着自♥制♥火箭,
saying they’re gonna reach the moon.
而他们偏说,这能去月球。
That’s how we should look at this.
我们就应该,以这种态度看待这件事。
Be hilarious if she actually found him though, wouldn’t it?
如果她真的找到了他,那就太搞笑了,不是吗?
Would it? Be hilarious?
会吗?是想搞笑吗?
莱斯特市议会
– Hello. – She seemed nice.
-你好。 她看起来不错。
Sarah? Yeah, she is. Very.
莎拉? 是的,她是的。非常…
Erm…
呃…
I didn’t think I was gonna see you again
那天晚上之后,我以为
after, you know, the other night.
再也见不到你了。
I’m sorry, I… I mean, I know it’s a touchy subject.
对不起,我…我知道这是个敏感话题。
I believe you, by the way.
顺便说一句,我相信你。
I definitely don’t think you did… kill them.
我绝对不认为你做了…杀死两位王子的事。
Just to clear that up.
只是想澄清一下。
I thought you were really impressive with those people.
我觉得你和那些人相处得很好。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Exciting, isn’t it?
有点激动,不是吗?
I think it’s a waste of money. In my experience,
我认为这是浪费钱。根据我的经验,
you hardly ever get anything definitive from radar surveys.
你几乎无法从雷达探测中,得到确切的信息。
Results from the radar survey. All negative.
雷达探测的结果。全都是否定的。
Well, that can’t be right.
嗯,这不可能。
They didn’t spot anything, John.
他们什么都没发现,约翰。
There’s no walls, no foundation, no graves.
没有墙,没有地基,没有墓穴。
There must’ve been something there before the car park.
在那里成为停车场之前,那里一定还有什么东西。
There’s no way they’ll let me go ahead with the dig now.
现在,他们不可能,让我继续挖掘了。
What does Richard say?
理查德怎么说?
– Richard? – Hmm.
-理查? -嗯。
– Why don’t you ask his opinion? – He doesn’t mean me.
-你为什么不问问他的意见?-他说的不是我。
– Buckley? – Hmm.
-巴克利? -嗯。
Richard Buckley, yes, of course.
理查德·巴克利,是的,当然。
I did warn you.
我警告过你。
Yes, I know. I know.
是的,我知道。我知道。
But what do we do now?
但我们现在该怎么办?
Well, have you spoken to Sarah levitt this morning?
你今早跟莎拉·莱维特谈过了吗?
No. Why?
没有。为什么要谈?
More bad news, I’m afraid.
恐怕还有更多的坏消息。
Leicestershire promotions have pulled out.
莱斯特郡的推广活动已经取消。
But that’s all our funding.
但这是我们所有的资金。
Sarah did say the council will still support you for now,
莎拉说过,市议会暂时还是会支持你的,
but you’re gonna need to raise new finance very quickly.
但你得尽快筹到新的资金。
Well, what about Leicester university?
那莱斯特大学呢?
Surely with you involved, they can’t just ignore me?
有你的参与,他们肯定不能无视我吧?
Leicester university is not a benevolent seat of learning.
莱斯特大学并不是一个仁慈的学习场所。
It’s a business.
这是商业化。
And they’ve recently dispensed with my services.
他们最近免除我的服务了。
Oh, Richard, I’m so sorry. I had no idea. I…
哦,理查怠戡我很抱歉。我完全不知道。我…
Have faith in your research, Philippa.
对你的研究要有信心,菲莉帕。
Have faith in yourself.
对自己有信心。
If you’re asking if I’m still in, the answer’s yes.
如果你是问我是否还加入,答案是肯定的。
Thank you. Thank you, Richard.
谢谢你!谢谢你,理查。
Yes, bye.
好的,再见。
Hooray for Richard Buckley.
理查德·巴克利万岁。
At least he hasn’t abandoned us.
至少他没有抛弃我们。
– What about the funds you need? – I don’t know, really.
-你需要多少资金?-我不知道,真的。
I… suppose I’ll have to think of something.
我…看来我得想想办法了。
The main thing is that they haven’t closed us down.
最重要的是,他们并没有让我们彻底地
Completely.
关闭。
– Dad? – Yes, raife?
-爸爸? -什么?雷夫。
Mum talks to herself.
妈妈经常自言自语。
Well, we all do.
我们有时都会这样。
售价4750英镑
Er, a few blisters, but, er…
呃,有几个水泡,但是…
– Well? – He’s asking too much for it.
—好吗? -他要价太高了。
What you wanna do is go in at £3,750.
你要做的是,砍到3750英磅。
Tell him four’s your top offer, and settle for £4,250.
告诉他,4000英镑是我们的最高出价,我们可以接受4250英镑。
– Agreed. – Agreed.
-同意。 -同意。
– Hi, mum. – Mum!
-嗨,妈妈。 -妈妈!
– Hello, darlings. – Any luck?
-你好,亲爱的。 -有好消息吗?
Erm, managed to claw back £5,000 from leicestershire promotions.
从莱斯特郡的推广宣传部,撤回了5000英镑。
– But that’s about it. – Oh, that’s… good.
-但仅此而已。 -哦,也就…这样了。
Suddenly everyone’s got cold feet.
突然间,所有人都临阵退缩了。
– Mum! – I don’t quite know what to do.
-妈妈! -我真的不知道该怎么做了。
– Yes, darling? – Ok, well, look. Not now.
-什么省昕亲爱的。 -好了,你看
Perhaps it’s, you know, an opportunity
也许这是你盘点目前这一切
– to take stock of everything. – What do you mean?
-的一次机会。 -你想说什么?
Well, you know, I don’t plan on spending the rest of my life
你知道的,我可不想下半辈子
– sleeping on a sofa. – Mum.
-都睡沙发。 -妈妈。
– Yes? – Dad’s getting a new car!
—是吗? -爸爸要买♥♥辆新车!
Is he really? Very nice.
真的吗? 很好啊。
Perhaps he can drop you
也许他现在可以让你
right in front of the school now, can’t he? Hmm?
在学校门口下车,对吧? 嗯?
She hasn’t made us any dinner again.
她又没给我们做晚饭了。
– It’s disgraceful. – Shut up, raife.
-太丢脸了。-闭嘴,雷夫。
Yeah, shut up, raife.
是的,闭嘴,雷夫。
Come on, let’s go into town, get a bite.
走吧,我们去城里吃点东西。
– Come on through. – Get out of her hair.
-过来吧。-别烦她。
Everybody, this is, erm, Annette, Hamish
各位,这是协会的安妮特,哈米什,
from the society. Max and raife.
这是麦克斯和雷夫。
And this is my, erm… Well, this is John.
这是我的…呃,这是约翰。
– Ex-husband. – Yeah.
-前夫。 -是的。
What are you doing? Are you coming, going?
你要去做什么? 你是要出去吗?
We’re gonna go into town, get a bite.
我们要去镇上,吃点东西。
Quick as you can.
越快越好。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!