We can’t force him. lt’s not a crime.
我们不能逼他,这不是个罪行
We need a plan.
我们要有个计划
The press is on our side.
报纸是支持我们的
lt took a few bucks, but they’ll keep it quiet for now.
要花一点钱 但他们会暂时守秘密
What? Really?
什么?真的?
The Tom Baxter character in a movie house in Chicago…
汤姆巴斯特这角 色 在芝加哥的某个戏院里…
has been forgetting his lines.
忘记了他的对白
He just got a call from the manager.
刚接到那个经理的电♥话♥
lf anybody wants me, l’ll be in the bathroom…
如果有人要找我,我会在浴室
on the floor…weeping.
在地上… . 哭泣
Aren’t you at all even worried?
你完全不担心的吗?
What about Raoul Hirsch or the FBl?
拉乌尔赫希或联邦调查局呢?
lf l can be with you, l’m never going back.
如果我可以和你在一起 我就永远不回去
But, you know No more buts.
不过,你知道… . 别再说不过
l said l’d learn about the real world. Show me.
我说过我会学习真实的世界 带我去看看
lt’s beautiful.
真漂亮
l’m not sure exactly what it is.
我不知道这是什么
This is a church.
这是教堂
You do believe in God, don’t you?
你相信上帝吧?
Meaning…
意思是…
The reason for everything, the world, the universe.
全世界,宇宙一切的道理
l think l know what you mean.
我明白你的意思了
The two men who wrote ”The Purple Rose of Cairo”–
[开罗的紫玫瑰] 的两位编剧
lrving Sachs and R.H. Levine.
欧文萨克斯和R.H. 莱文
They’re writers who collaborate on films.
他们合作写电影剧本
l’m talking about something much bigger than that.
我说的是更大的事情
Think for a minute. A reason for everything.
想一下,所有事情的理由
Otherwise, it’d be like a movie with no point…
否则就会像一出毫无意义的电影
and no happy ending.
也没有大团圆的结局
So there you are. l’m looking for you.
原来你在这里,我在找你
This is my husband.
这是我的丈夫
This is Tom Baxter.
这是汤姆巴斯特
Adventurer, explorer, of the Chicago Baxters.
芝加哥巴斯特家族的 冒险家,探险家
l’m charmed to meet you.
幸会
So you wear the britches.
你就是穿马裤的人
What do you want to talk to me about?
你想跟我谈什么?
l heard you were out on the town last night.
听说你昨晚到城里去了
l admit l didn’t tell the truth about that…
我承认我没有说实情…
but things have been so strange the last 24 hours.
但昨天的事情很奇怪
l told you what l’d do if you ever lied to me!
我说过你若是骗我 我会怎么做的
Obviously, your marriage has come to an impasse, sir.
很明显,你们的婚姻濒临绝境了
Let’s just talk.
我们谈一下吧
You’re coming home with me!
你要跟我回家
Perhaps you don’t understand, sir…
先生,你可能不明白…
but l’m in love with your wife.
我爱上了你的太太
Close your yap, jackass. Now let’s go.
你闭嘴,混♥蛋♥,我们走吧
You’re failing to understand, sir.
先生,你不明白
She’s not coming with you. She’s not?
她不会跟你走的 她不会?
Take your hands off her.
你别碰她
No man will hit the woman l love, nor any woman–
谁也不能打我爱的女人 任何女人都不行
Beat it! Before l take you apart!
走开,否则我把你干掉
He’s got a terrible temper!
他的脾气很坏
lt’s written into my character–courage.
我的角 色是充满勇气的
Stop it!
住手
Come on.
来吧
Stop it! What are you doing?
住手,你们干什么?
Time for the old one-two.
要出击双拳了
l think he’s had enough.
我看他受够了
Sorry, pal, about the rough stuff.
报歉,我这样动粗
You all right? Let me give you a hand.
你没事吧?让我扶你一把
There was–
有个…
That’s not fair.
这样不公平
What are you doing?
你干什么?
You’re coming home with me now.
你要跟我回家
No, l’m not. What’d you say?
我不去 你说什么?
l’m going to stay and see that Tom’s OK.
我要留下来照顾汤姆
You’re a bully. l gave you an order.
你是个恶霸 我命令你
l don’t care. l’m tired of taking your orders.
我不管,我厌倦服从你的命令
You could have killed him.
你差点杀死他
All right. l’m sorry. l didn’t mean it.
好吧,对不起,我不是有意的
You can’t go through life beating people up.
你不能一辈子都在打人
l’m telling you one more time. You coming with me?
我再问你一次,你跟不跟我走?
No, l’m not.
不走
l’m telling you one more time. You coming?
我再问你一次,你来不来?
Come on! No, l’m not!
快点 不来
The hell with it. l need a beer anyway.
管它的,我要喝啤酒
l’ll see you later.
待会儿见吧
Are you OK?
你没事吧?
l’m fine.
没事
You’re not even marked. Your hair’s in place.
你毫发无伤,头发也很整齐
l don’t get hurt or bleed. Hair doesn’t muss.
我不会受伤或者流血 头发也不会凌乱
lt’s one of the advantages of being imaginary.
这是虚构的好处之一
You were very brave.
你很勇敢
l had him, too, till he started fighting dirty.
我本来制伏了他 直到他出招下流
That’s why you’ll never survive off the screen.
所以你在银幕下 是存活不下去的
You were pretty brave, too. You stood up to him.
你也很勇敢,你挺身而出
You inspired me.
你启发了我
Mr. Shepherd.
谢佛德先生
Cecilia, look, l gotta speak to you.
西西丽雅,我要跟你谈谈
l’ve had a crazy morning. l’m still shaking.
我过了一个疯狂的早上 我仍在颤抖
l don’t know what to do.
我不知道该怎么办
l’ve struggled my whole life.
我一生努力不懈
Now l’m finally beginning to break through…
现在终于有机会出头
and my whole career is going right down the drain.
我的事业卻快化为乌有了
You don’t have to worry about that.
你不用担心那个的
You’ll always be a great movie star.
你永远是个伟大的明星
That’s very nice of you, but technically…
你太过奖了,但技术上来说…
l’m not really a star yet.
我还不是个明星
l try to carry myself like one.
我尝试表现得像个明星
l do the best l can as far as that, but star?
我尽力而为,但是明星?
That’s a big word, isn’t it?
那是个褒奖,是吧?
Star. Yeah.
明星,是的
Star? No.
明星?不是
You’re not just a pretty face.
你不只是样子帅
You’re also a peach of an actor.
还是个出 色的演员
Really, l’ve seen you a lot. You’ve got something.
真的,我看过你很多电影 你有特质
ls that your opinion?
这是你的看法?
Sure. l see all the movies. You’ve got–
是的,我看过所有电影,你有…
How can l describe it?
怎么形容它呢?
You’ve got a magical glow.
你有一种神奇的魅力
Oh, boy!
天啊
To hear that from a real person.
听这从一个真人的口 中说出
That is just–
是那么的…
lt’s not one of those movie colony bimbos…
不是电影里那些衣着华丽的…
with the fancy dresses, filling you full of hot air.
殖民地女人,会令你喘不过气
Would you get over here and sit down, please?
你过来坐下,好吗?
You can take it from me.
你可以相信我
You’re not just a flash in the pan.
你不是个昙花一现的人物
lt would be very easy for me…
我靠我的外表赚钱…
to trade on my looks just like that…
会是很容易的事
but l have some serious acting ambitions.
但我有认真演戏的野心
You should.
你应该的
l think you’re great in all the funny movies.
我觉得你所有的喜剧都很棒
Thank you.
谢谢
Really, l was thinking you should play…
真的,我认为你应该…
some of the more heroic parts.
演一些更有英雄感的角 色
l want to. l tell my agent that a hundred times!
我想的,我跟我的经理人 说过很多次了
You could play, like, Daniel Boone or someone–
你可以饰演 譬如丹尼尔布恩或者…
Lindbergh. You’d be wonderful as Lindbergh.
林白,你扮演林白会很精彩
You are a mind reader. You had the same thought?
你真能看透人家的心思 你也有同感?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!