you’re liable to strand this Tom Baxter…
你有可能让这个汤姆巴斯特…
out in the world someplace.
留落在世界的某处
You want an extra guy running around?
你要一个多余的人到处跑吗?
l saw the movie last week. This is not what happens.
我上周看过这出电影 情节不是这样的
Where is the Tom Baxter character?
汤姆巴斯特的角 色去哪了?
You’ll get your money back.
你会拿到退款的
l want what happened last week to happen this week.
我要上星期的情节 跟这星期的情节一样
Otherwise, what’s life all about anyway?
否则生命有什么意义?
Can’t we just go in and take a look?
我们能进去看看吗?
We don’t want to stay long.
我们不会逗留很久
lf you want to see it, you have to pay admission.
你们要看就得付入场费
Keep moving, folks.
走吧
Any word about Tom Baxter?
有没有汤姆巴斯特的消息?
Nothing yet.
还没有
What are you people doing here?
你们在这里干什么?
We can’t continue the story until Tom gets back.
汤姆回来 我们才能继续这个故事
We don’t mind observing you all.
我们不介意观察你们
My husband is a student of the human personality.
我丈夫是人性学的学生
Well, we’re not human.
但我们不是人类
lt doesn’t matter to Harold. He has trouble with humans.
对于哈罗德是不要紧的 他与人类相处有麻烦
Where do l have trouble with real people?
我跟真人相处哪有麻烦?
l suppose you behave perfectly with Donald.
你跟唐纳一起时表现得很好
He won’t speak to my own son-in-law.
他不愿跟我的女婿交谈
l won’t speak? The kid is quiet. He never makes conversation.
我不愿交谈?那个孩子很沉静,从来不交谈
He has to be drawn out.
他得有人引 导他说话
l don’t like to draw people out.
我不喜欢引 导别人说话
That’s what l said. He has trouble with live humans.
我就是这个意思 他跟人类相处有麻烦
Yes, RKO!
阿科
l want to speak to Mr. Raoul Hirsch.
我要找拉乌尔赫希先生
He’s the producer of ”The Purple Rose of Cairo.”
他是 [开罗的紫玫瑰] 制片 人
No, he’s not.
不,他不是
Just tell him l have a theater in New Jersey…
告诉他我在新泽西州有一间戏院
and there’s a crisis with his film.
他的电影有一个危机
This is Mr. Hirsch. What’s the problem?
我是赫希先生,有什么问题?
What?
什么?
They’re all sitting around up there on the screen.
他们都坐在银幕上面
Rita, the Countess, Larry Wilde, the playboy.
丽塔,伯爵夫人 拉瑞怀尔德,花♥花♥公♥子♥
People are demanding their money back.
观众要求退款
The theater is nine-tenths empty.
戏院九♥成♥是空的
Take a walk, will you?
走吧
Look, he just walked out!
他走出去了
Baxter. The Communist is screaming…
巴斯特,共♥产♥党在尖叫…
the priest in reel five is in reel two.
那个在第五场出场的神父 出现在第二场
How can he come off the screen? lt’s impossible.
他怎么可以走出银幕?不可能的
lt’s never happened before in history.
历史上从来没有发生过
Just because a thing never happened before…
以前从没发生过的事情…
doesn’t mean it can’t happen for first time.
不等于不会发生
That’s all you need–hundreds of Tom Baxters on the loose.
你只要… . 几百个汤姆巴斯特逃脱
Hundreds?
几百个?
As your lawyer, l advise you to control it fast.
身为你的律师 我建议你快点控制情况
A character from one of your productions on the loose?
一个由你制♥作♥的电影角 色逃走了
Who knows what he’s capable of? Robbery, murder. l see lawsuits.
谁知道他可以做什么?抢劫,杀人,我预料有诉讼了
l’d charter a plane right away, and l’d get down there fast.
我立刻 包一架飞机去那里
Get me Gil Shepherd.
给我找吉尔谢佛德
l’m sorry l’m not too light on my feet.
报歉我的舞步不太轻巧
You’re a feather in my arms.
你在我的怀里轻如鸿毛
Monk never took me dancing, not even when we first met…
蒙克从不带我去跳舞 即使我们初相识时也没有
not even if l begged him.
即使我肯求他也没有
Really? So it’s been bad for you?
真的?那么你不好过吧?
lt’s been hard for everyone.
所有人都不好过
Living in a world with no jobs and wars.
活在一个失业和战争的世界里
You probably never even heard of the Great War.
可能你没有听过第一次世界大战
Sorry. l missed it.
报歉,我错过了
People get old and sick and never find true love.
人们会衰老,会生病 永远找不到真爱
Where l come from, people don’t disappoint.
从我来的那地方的人 是不会让人失望的
They’re consistent. Always reliable.
他们和谐相处,永远可靠
You don’t find that kind in real life.
你在真实生活中找不到那回事
You have.
你有啊
ls it true they’re talking to you about the life of Lindbergh?
他们游说你演林白的一生 是不是真的?
lt’s nearly set, but don’t print it till it’s firm.
差不多 了,但确定后才报导吧
You were great in ”The Purple Rose of Cairo.”
你在 [开罗的紫玫瑰] 里很棒
Thanks. Did you know…
谢谢,你可知道…
l was singled out by all the East Coast critics?
我被所有东岸的 影评人选出来了?
The New York Times said l had almost…
纽♥约♥时♥报♥说我几乎…
too smoldering a quality just to play comedy.
有潜质去演喜剧
Would you play Lindbergh the way you played Tom Baxter?
你会用演汤姆巴斯特的方式 演林白吗?
Of course not.
当然不会
Tom was kind of a change of pace from my earlier roles.
汤姆跟我早期的角 色有点分别
l played Tom Baxter with a kind of a poetic…
我以一种富诗意,理想化的素质
idealistic quality that just–
饰演汤姆巴斯特
Lindbergh was a loner. He was self-reliant.
林白是个独♥立♥自 主的人
l’d have to work it out with my dialogue coach.
我要跟我的对白教练练习一下
He’s a genius.
他是个天才
Can l see you for a minute alone, please?
能不能跟你私下谈一会?
Excuse me. l’m sorry. What’s up?
失陪?对不起 什么事?
Baxter’s come off the screen and is running around New Jersey.
巴斯特走出 了银幕 现在在新泽西州到处跑
What are you talking about?
你说什么?
l just spoke to Raoul Hirsch.
我刚跟拉乌尔赫希谈过
Nobody knows how it happened, but he’s done it.
没人知道它是怎么发生的 但他做到了
How could he do that? lt’s not physically possible.
他是怎么做到的?那是不可能的
ln New Jersey, anything can happen.
在新泽西州 任何事情都可能发生
But l created the character.
但那角 色是我创造的
That’s my point! As your agent…
就是了,身为你的经理人
l’d hate anything for happen to your career now.
我不想你的事业受到影响
Like what? Who knows?
譬如呢?天知道?
Your double is on the loose. What’s he up to?
你的替身跑了,他要干什么?
ls he robbing banks? Raping broads?
他有没有抢劫银行?强♥奸♥女人?
ls he? Who knows?
有没有?天知道?
The last thing we need is for you to get a rep–
我们绝对不想你有个坏声…
Last thing we need is for you to get a difficult reputation.
我们绝对不想你有个坏声誉
lt’s not my fault!
这不是我的错
Raoul Hirsch said if you can’t control your own creation…
拉乌尔赫希说 若你不能控制 自 己的创作
nobody’s gonna risk a picture on you.
就不会有人冒险找你拍戏
l worked so hard to make him real.
我努力让他变得真实
Maybe you overdid it. l’ll sue my dialogue coach.
可能你做得过火了 我要控告我的对白教练
You’ve got to fly down there and check into this quick.
你要马上飞去那里查个究竟
Right now it’s only one movie house, but who knows?
现在只有一间戏院出事 但有谁知道?
l’m afraid to fly.
我害怕飞行
This is the scandal of all time.
这是个天大的醜闻
You know what happened to Fatty Arbuckle’s career?
你知道胖子阿巴克尔的事业 变成怎样吧?
l’ll fly.
我飞好了
Good.
很好
This is how they drink champagne in Cairo.
他们在开罗是这样喝香槟的
l never had champagne before. lt makes me feel silly.
我从没有喝过香槟 它让我觉得很傻
lt’s supposed to.
应该是这样
The check, as you requested, sir.
先生,你的帐单
lt’s so much!
这么贵
l hope you found it to your liking, sir.
先生,希望你喜欢这顿饭
lt was superb. My compliments to the chef…
非常好,我赞赏厨师
and keep 20% for yourself.
你留下百分之二十作小费吧
No, make that 30%.
不,百分之三十
Quite amusing.
真有趣
What is?
什么东西有趣?
The fake money.
这些伪钞
Fake money?
伪钞?
ls it play money, sir, or stage money?
这是玩具钞还是道具钞?
Keep 30% for yourself and stop looking so serious.
你拿百分之三十 别看起来这么认真的样子
l’ll get the Maitre D’.
我去找总经理
That’s not real money!
那不是真的钱
What do you mean, it’s not real money?
不是真的钱是什么意思?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!