下星期就欠三个月了
I’ve been pulling double shifts for four months now, Chris.
我已经上双份班四个月了!
Just sell what’s in your contract. Get us out of that business.
就…赶快把合约规定的数额卖完 咱们好脱身吧
Linda, that is what I am trying to do.
琳达 我不是正努力那么做嘛!
This is what I’m trying to do for my family…
努力来改善这个家
for you and for Christopher.
为你 为儿子 …
What’s the matter with you?
你到底是怎么了?
Linda.
琳达
Linda.
琳达
N现在接受申请
[迪安.维特.雷诺斯公司 经纪人实习培训]
This part of my life
我人生的这部分
is called “Being Stupid. ”
叫做”冒傻气”
Can I ask you a favor, miss?
能帮个忙吗 小姐
Do you mind if I leave this here with you just for five minutes?
帮我看下这个行吗 就5分钟
I have a meeting in there and I don’t wanna carry that Iooking smalltime.
我在那儿有个会 带这个进去看上去很不正式
Here is a dollar and I’ll give you more money when I come back out.
先给你1块钱 一会我出来再多给你点
Okay? It’s not valuable. You can’t sell it anywhere.
好吗? 这玩意不值钱 你也卖不出去
I can’t even sell it, and it’s my job. All right?
我是干这个的都卖不掉 好吗?
Chris? Tim Brophy, Resources.
克里斯吗? 我是提姆·布鲁菲 人事部的
Yes. How are you?
是我 你好
Come with me. Yes, sir.
跟我来 好的 先生
Let me see if I can find you an application for our internship.
我看看能不能帮你找份实习申请表
I’m afraid that’s all we can do for you. See, this is a satellite office.
我能做的也只有这个了 这里只是分公司
Jay Twistle in the main office, he oversees Witter Resources.
总部的杰·托斯特尔是全面负责人事工作的
I mean, I’m…You know, I’m just this office.
我的意思是 我只负责这里
As you can see, we got a hell of lot of applications here, so…
你看 已经有一大堆人申请了 所以…
Normally I have a resume sheet, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.
我这应该还有履历表的 但是现在找不到了
We… Thank you very much.
我们… 非常感谢
I need to go.
我得走了
I’ll bring this back.
我 我会把这个交过来的
Thank you. Okay.
谢谢 好的
Trusting a hippie girl with my scanner.
把扫描仪托付给一个嬉皮女孩?
Why did I do that?
为什么我会这么做?
Excuse me. Excuse me.
借过 借过
Like I said, this part of my life
就像我刚说的 我人生的这部分
is called “Being Stupid. ”
叫做”冒傻气”
Hey! Hey! Hey! Don’t move! Don’t move! Stay…!
嘿! 别动! 呆着别动! 别…
Stop! Stop!
停下! 停下!
Don’t move! Stop this…! Stop the train!
别走! 停下! 停下这地铁!
Stop! Stop!
停! 停下来!
The program took just 20 people every six months.
这个培训每半年才招20人
One got the job.
最后只有1人受雇
There were three blank lines after “high school”
申请表上”高中”之后还有3行线
to list more education.
用来填写接受过的其他教育
I didn’t need that many lines.
对我来说 根本就是多余
Try and sleep. It’s late.
快睡觉 不早了
It’ a puzzle measuring just 3 inches by 3 inches on each side…
这种魔方每面都是3英寸乘3英寸
made up of multiple colors that you twist and turn…
由多种颜色组成 玩法就是通过旋转 …
and try to get to a solid color on each side.
最终使每面呈现同一颜色 …
This little cube is the gift sensation of 1981.
这小玩意是1981年的送礼佳品
Don’t expect to solve it easily.
但是想把它玩好可没那么容易
Although we did encounter one math professor at USF…
尽管我们确实碰到一位 旧金山大学的数学教授
who took just 30 minutes on his.
只花了30分钟就拼好 …
This is as far as I’ve gotten on mine.
这个是我尽最大努力拼的了
As you can see, I still have a long way to go.
大家可以看到 离完成还早着呢
KJSF里士满发回的报道 This is Jim Finnerty reporting for KJSF in Richmond.
这里是吉米·芬尼迪 从
Hey, wake up.
嘿 醒醒
Eat.
快吃
Bye, Mom. Bye, baby.
妈 再见 再见 宝贝
Come back without that, please. Oh, yeah, I’m going to.
那玩意儿卖了再回来 噢 我正有此意
So go ahead, say goodbye to it, because I’m coming back without it.
快点和它道个别 回来可就看不到它了
Goodbye and good riddance.
再见”可喜的摆脱”
You ain’t had to add the “good riddance” part.
后面那部分没必要说的
Bye, Mom.
再见 妈妈!
Bye.
再见
It’s written as P P Y, but it’s supposed to be an I in “happiness. ”
那里写的是”辛” 但是实际上应该是”幸”
Is it an adjective? No, actually it’s a noun.
是形容词吗? 不是 是个名词
But it’s not spelled right.
但是字写错了
Is “fuck” spelled right? Yeah, that’s spelled right.
“操”写对了吗? 对 那个写的对
But that’s not part of the motto, so you’re not supposed to learn that.
但是标语里没这词 所以别学
That’s an adult word to show anger and other things.
那词是大人用来表达他们愤怒之类的
But just don’t use that one, okay? Okay.
别用那词 好吗? 好的
What’s that say on the back of your bag?
你书包背后写的是什么?
My nickname.
我的绰号
We pick nicknames.
我们选了绰号
Oh, yeah? What’s it say? “Hot Rod. ”
噢 你选的是什么? “改装高速车”
Did you have a nickname? Yep.
你有绰号吗? 有啊
What? “Ten Gallon Head. ”
是什么? 无 敌 大 头
What’s that? I grew up in Louisiana, near Texas.
什么意思? 我在德克萨斯州附近的路易斯安那长大
Everybody wears cowboy hats. And a ten gallors a big hat.
那儿的人都戴牛仔帽 那种”10加仑”牛仔帽
I was smart back then, so they called me Ten Gallon Head.
我小时候很聪明 所以大家都叫我”无 敌 大 头”
Hoss wears that hat. Hoss?
霍斯也戴那种牛仔帽 霍斯?
Hoss Can’twright on Bonanza.
霍斯·卡特赖特”伯南扎的牛仔”里面的牛仔
How do you know Bonanza? We watch it at Mrs. Chu’s.
你从哪知道”伯南扎的牛仔”的? 在朱太太家看的
You watch Bonanza at daycare? Yeah.
你在幼儿园看”伯南扎的牛仔”? 是啊
When? When do you watch it?
是什么时候看的?
After snack? After your nap? After Love Boat.
午餐后还是午觉后? 看完”爱之船”之后看的
I made my list for my birthday.
我生日礼物列好了
Yeah, what’d you put on there? A basketball or an ant farm.
你都写了什么? 篮球 或者”蚂蚁农场”
He says he’s been watching TV.
他说他一直在看电视
Oh, little TV for history.
是啊 是看了些电视 都是历史片
Love Boat? For history. Navy.
“爱之船”也是吗? 是啊 是关于海军历史的
That’s not the Navy.
那可不是海军历史片
I mean, he could watch television at home.
我的意思是 他可以在家看电视
We’re paying you $ 150 a month. If he’s gonna be sitting around…
我们每月付150块给你 要是他就坐在这儿…
watching TV all day, we’re taking him out of here.
一直看电视的话 我们就带他走 …
Go pay more at other daycare if you don’t like Navy TV.
你要是不喜欢海军片的话 就多花钱去别家幼儿园好了
You late pay anyway. You complain.
反正你总是晚付钱 你抱怨
I complain.
我还抱怨呢
Can you at least put the dog upstairs in your room or something?
那能不能把狗带到楼上去? 关到你房间或什么地方
Bye.
再见
I was waiting for Witter Resource head Jay Twistle…
我在等维特公司 人事部主管杰·托斯特尔
whose name sounded so delightful,
他的名字听起来很可爱 …
like he’d give me a job and a hug.
就好像他会给我份工作 外加一个拥抱
I just had to show him
而我所要做的就是让他知道
I was good with numbers and good with people.
我精通数字 而且懂得待人之道
Morning, Mr. Twistle. Good morning.
早上好 托斯特尔先生 早上好
Mr. Twistle, Chris Gardner. Hi.
托斯特尔先生 我是克里斯·迦纳 你好
I wanted to drop this off personally and make your acquaintance.
我得在你进去之前亲自把这个交给您 和您认识一下
I thought I’d catch you on the way in. I’d love the opportunity to discuss…
希望有机会能和您坐下聊聊
what may seem like weaknesses on my application.
我申请表上看起来比较薄弱的几点 …
We’ll start with this,
好的 我们要先看下你的申请表
and we’ll call you if we wanna sit down.
需要面试的话会通知你的
Yes, sir. You have a great day. You too.
好的 先生 祝您愉快 你也是
Hey, yeah, how you doing?
嗨 你好
This is Chris Gardner calling for Dr. Delsey.
我是克里斯·迦纳 找戴尔斯医生
Yeah, I’m running a little late for a sales call.
我要晚一点才能来推销
I was wondering if…Yeah, Osteo National.
能不能…对 国立阿斯提公司
Right. We can still…? Half an hour?
对 我们能不能…半小时后?
Yes. Beautiful. Beautiful. Thank you, thank you.
太好了 没问题 谢谢
Hey! Hey!
嘿 ! 嘿!
Hey!
嘿!
This part of my life…
我人生的这部分
this part here…
眼前的这部分 …
it’ called “Running. ”
叫做”追赶” …
Hey! Hey!
嘿! 嘿!
Wait!
等一下!
Hey! Wait!
嘿! 等一下!
That was my stolen machine.
那是我被偷的仪器
Unless she was with a guy who sold them too.
除非跟她在一起的那家伙也是做这行的
Which was unlikely…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!