我认为女王很乐于承认
(Man) ‘I think the queen was generous in recognising
她的长子不是一个容易的结婚对象
‘that her oldest son wasn’t the easiest chap to be married to.’
我给他们提了一些建议
I sent them a couple of suggestions
让它看起来像是人写的
to make it seem like it came from a human.
是,好了,阿♥拉♥斯泰尔
Yeah, all right, Alastair.
至少那老蝙蝠终于同意去看戴安娜的灵柩
At least the old bat finally agreed to visit Diana’s coffin.
你们搞错的时候,真的是搞错了
When you get it wrong, you really get it wrong.
那个女人,献出一生为她的人♥民♥服务
That woman has given her whole life in service to her people,
50年做一份她从不想要的工作。
50 years doing a job she never wanted,
一份她眼看着累死她父亲的工作
a job she watched kill her father.
她履行职责,带着荣耀,尊严
She’s executed it with honour, dignity,
而且就我所知,没有一丝污点
and as far as I can tell without a single blemish,
而现在,我们全都要吸她的血!
and now, we’re all baying for her blood!
就因为她挣扎着带领世人戴孝
All because she’s struggling leading the world in mourning
为了一个把她提供的一切都扔回她脸上的人
for someone who threw all she offered back in her face,
这个人,过去几年来,似乎7×24小时地致力于
and who, for last few years, seemed committed 24-7
摧毁她最珍惜的一切
to destroying everything she holds most dear!
你好。你要我帮你拿过去吗?
Hello. Would you like me to place those for you?

No.
这些是给你的
These are for you.
给我的?
For me?
谢谢你
Thank you.
非常感谢大家
Thank you very much.
夫人
Ma’am
唐宁街最后加了一点
There’s been a last-minute addition from Downing Street.
他们建议这里加一句”并且身为祖母”
They’re suggesting adding, “and as a grandmother” here.
好的
Right.
“因此,我现在对你们所说的,身为你们的女王和一名祖母”
“So, what I say to you now, as your Queen, and as a grandmother,
“我的话发自内心”
“I say from my heart.”
你觉得你说得出口吗?
Do you think you can say it?
我有选择吗?
Do I have a choice?
我们准备好了,陛下
They’re ready for you, Your Majesty.
确认一下,这是现场直播
Just to confirm, this is going on live.
好的
Fine.
在六点钟新闻的前面,所有频道
And you’ll be at the front of the six o’clock news on all channels.
好的
Yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好了,请安静
OK, nice and quiet.
全体,十秒钟
Ten seconds everone.
我们现在转到直播,白金汉宫
‘We cross, now, live, to Buckingham Palace
直播女王对黛妃的悼词
for the Queen’s tribute to Princess Diana.’
自从上周日那可怕的消息后
Since last Sunday’s dreadful news,
我们看到,不列颠各地以及全世界
we have seen, throughout Britain and around the world,
有一股势不可挡的,对戴安娜之死的哀伤之情
an overwhelming expression of sadness at Diana’s death.
我们全都试着,以我们不同的方式来应对
We have all been trying, in our different ways, to cope.
表达失落感并不容易
It is not easy to express a sense of loss,
因为最初的震惊常常继以其它情感
‘since the initial shock is often succeeded by other feelings,
怀疑、不解、愤怒
‘disbelief, incomprehension, anger
以及对未亡人的关怀
and concern for those who remain.
过去几天里我们都经历过这些情绪
‘We have all felt those emotions in these last few days,’
因此我现在对你们所说的
so what I say to you now
身为你们的女王,身为一名祖母
as your Queen, and as a grandmother,
我的话发自内心
I say from my heart.
内心?什么内心?
Heart? What heart?
她一个字都不是当真的
She doesn’t mean a word of this.
这不是重点。她现在所做的非凡的。
That’s not the point. What she’s doing is extraordinary.
好的时光以及坏时光
(Queen) ‘ln good times and bad… ‘
这才是生存之道
That’s how to survive.
听听你说的话
Listen to you.
一星期前,你是伟大的现代派
A week ago, you were the great moderniser,
说着“人♥民♥的王妃”的演讲
making speeches about the people’s princess.
现在你两腿发软
Now you’ve gone weak at the knees.
…也为了她对两个孩子的奉献
(Queen) ‘… and for her devotion to her two boys.’
我都不知道我♥干♥嘛惊讶
You know I don’t know why I’m so surprised.
到头来,所有的工党首相最后都为女王疯狂
At the end of the day, all Labour prime ministers go gaga for the Queen.
什么?
What?
其他上百万人从未见过她
‘Millions of others who never met her,
但却觉得认识她,也会怀念她
but felt they knew her, will remember her.
我,作为其中一员,相信有一些经验教训,来自她的一生
‘I, for one, believe there are lessons to be drawn from her life,
来自对她的死亡的非凡而感人的反应。
‘and from the extraordinary and moving reaction to her death.
你们决心珍惜对她的回忆,我也从中受益
‘I share in your determination to cherish her memory.’
我希望,明天,无论我们在哪,我们都可以
I hope that, tomorrow, we can all, wherever we are,
一起为戴安娜的逝去表达哀悼
join in expressing our grief at Diana’s loss
并表达对她短暂生命的感激
and gratitude for her all-too-short life.
愿死者安息
May those who died rest in peace,
也愿我们,我们每一个人
and may we, each and every one of us,
为这个给许多许多人带来欢乐的人,而感谢上帝。
thank God for someone who made many, many people happy.
戴安娜的灵柩,正在前行
(Man) ‘Diana’s coffin, now on the move
短短的距离,从圣詹姆斯宫
‘the short distance from St James’s Palace,
到她肯辛顿宫的家
‘to her home at Kensington Palace
这是她明天下葬前的最后一晚
for the finall night before her burial tomorrow.
真是不可思议,不到一星期前
‘It’s incredible. Less than a week.
谁能想象得到这一幕?
‘Who could have imagined such scenes? ‘
戴安娜质本精华
Diana was the very essence
她慈悲,有责任感、风格和美貌
of compassion, of duty, of style, of beauty,
一个真正的英国女孩,超越了国籍
a very British girl, who transcended nationality,
天生高贵之人,无阶级差别
someone with a natural nobility, who was classless,
过去一年来也证明了
and who proved in the last year
她不需要王室头衔,也能继续产生自己的魔力
that she needed no royal title to continue to generate her brand of magic.
最后我要感谢上帝
I would like to end by thanking God
为了他在这可怕的时候对我们展示的仁慈
for the mercies he’s shown us at this dreadful time,
为他带走了戴安娜,在她最美丽和闪耀时
for taking Diana at her most beautiful and radiant,
在她生命充满欢乐时
and when she had joy in her life.
尤其是,我们对这个女人的生命给予感谢
Above all, we give thanks for the life of a woman
我能自豪地称之为姐妹的她
I’m so proud to be able to call my sister,
如此独特、复杂
the unique, the complex,
超凡脱俗、不可取代的戴安娜
the extraordinary and irreplaceable Diana,
她的美,内在的和外在的
whose beauty, both internal and external,
将永远不会在我们心中磨灭
will never be extinguished from our minds.
要去见你女朋友了?
So, off to see your girlfriend?
得,得
Now, now…
我希望这一回她给你点尊重
I hope she shows you some respect this time.
她欠你的可是很大的人情
It’s quite a debt of gratitude she owes you,
君主制救星先生
Mr Saviour of the Monarchy.
我怀疑她不会这么看待
I doubt she’ll see it that way.
罗宾,很高兴见到你
Robin. Good to see you
首相
Prime Minister.
请叫我托尼
Tony, please.
首相,陛下
The Prime Minister, Your Majesty.
坐吧
Do sit down.
谢谢您
Thank you.
很高兴再见到您
It’s good to see you again,
在这样的一个夏天之后
after what’s been… quite a summer.
我在说您对印度和巴基斯坦的访问
I’m referring to your visit to India and Pakistan…
在那里,您对结束历史分歧的评论进展很好
where your comments on ending historic disagreements went down well.
在英国联邦国家元首会议上
At the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting,
我和马拉维的首相谈过话
I spoke to the prime minister of Malawi.
他说他非常感激您对尼日利亚的强硬立场
And he was said how much he appreciated your tough stance on Nigeria.
我当时就想告诉您,但是…
I meant to tell you at the time, but, er…
您都被包围了
…you were being monopolised rather.
我想那些场合一定很艰难
I imagine those occasions must be quite difficult,
24名政♥府♥首长,每一个都嚷嚷着要单独谒见
24 heads of government, each clamouring for a private audience.
而且,我们都没机会谈话,自从…
Also, we haven’t had a chance to speak since…
那个星期以来
that week.
而且我想向您道歉
And I wanted to offer my apologies.
为什么?
Whatever for?
以免您觉得以某种方式…被左右操控了
In case you felt manhandled or managed in any way.
不,完全没有
No, not at all.
我认为我永远都无法理解这个夏天发生的事
I don’t think I shall ever understand what happened this summer.
当时的环境非比寻常,夫人
Well, the circumstances were exceptional, ma’am…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!