‘She was the people’s princess…
…她将以此…长存,以此驻留…
‘… and that’s how she will… stay, how she will remain…
…在我们的心中和记忆中…
‘… in our hearts and in our memories…
永远。
forever.’
有点过火,你们不觉得吗?
A bit over the top, don’t you think?
首相向威尔士王妃致辞
The Prime Minister, paying his tribute to the Princess of Wales.’
不列颠人♥民♥,他说,对戴安娜王妃充满信念
The people of Britain, he said, kept faith with Princess Diana.
他们爱戴她。她是人♥民♥的王妃
They loved her. She was the people’s princess.
我们带着王室旗帜吧?
Do we remember the Royal Standard?
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
鲜花呢?
And flowers?
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
很好。因为如果我们让王室殡仪员处理
Good. Because if we left it to the royal undertakers,
他们会把她装进板条箱运回去
they’d bring her back in a crate.
我是艾里爵士
This is Lord Airlie.
我能与首相通话吗?
May I speak to the Prime Minister, please?
请稍候
One moment, please.
艾里爵士
Lord Airlie.
负责葬礼的宫务大臣
The Lord Chamberlain in charge of the funeral.
你要在机场见他
You’re meeting him at the airport.
艾里爵士
Lord Airlie.
午安,首相
Good afternoon, Prime Minister.
我的工作是安排所有礼仪仪式
It’s my job to organise all the ceremonial events.
坦白讲,没有前任殿下葬礼的先例
There’s simply no precedent for the funeral of an ex-HRH.
也许我们对突发♥情♥况有所规划。
Perhaps we should plan for any contingency.
是的。我建议明早十点在白金汉宫会面
Yes. I propose a meeting at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning at Buckingham Palace,
所有三个宫殿的官员,斯宾塞家族的代表
officials from all three palaces, representatives of the Spencer family,
危机小组
the emergency services
您会派几个人来吗?
and would you send some of your people?
绝对会。当然。
Absolutely. Of course.
先例?
Precedent?
他们从哪里找的这些人?
Where do they find these people?
谢谢你,艾里
Thank you, Airlie.
准将,查尔斯·伍德爵士
Brigadier Sir Charles Wood.
空军准将威塞克斯
Air Commodore Wessex.
首相
Prime Ministrer
我深表同情,先生
I’m so sorry, sir.
如果有任何我或我的政♥府♥可以做的…
If there’s anything I or my government can do…
我们开车经过时,他们起立,在咖啡馆,在餐馆
They stood up as we drove past, in cafés, in restaurants,
脱帽致敬
removed their hats.
这可是巴黎,世界最繁忙的城市之一。
This was Paris, one of the busiest city in the world.
而你却能听到针落地的声音
and you could hear a pin drop.
我相信这里也会一样
I imagine it will be the same here.
王宫仍然更愿意看到这是个私人葬礼
The palace would still prefer to see this is a private funeral.
对此你有什么感受?
What are your feelings on that?
我…
I…
我觉得这…会让我们很为难
I think that’ll present us with difficulties.
我也觉得
So do I.
我母亲…女王,来自没有准备好的一代
My mother… The Queen comes from a generation not best equipped.
她生长于战争中
She grew up in the war.
我认为我们所需要的,这国家所需要的…
I think what we need, what this country needs,
是更为现代的图景,你能领会吗?
is a more modern perspective, if you follow.
巴尔莫勒尔则是…
Balmoral is…
我想我了解
I think I understand.
女王班机中的一架飞机,今晚运送王妃遗体回家
‘An aircraft of the Queen’s Flight brought the Princess’s body home this evening,
首相托尼·布莱尔,及其政♥府♥官员齐聚机场
where the Prime Minister Tony Blair gathered with members of his government.
一具孤零零的黑棺移过跑道
A single black hearse crossed the Tarmac
一支王室空军护卫队缓缓前行
and a Royal Air Force guard of honour moved slowly forward.’
有人收到斯宾塞家的消息吗?
Has anyone heard from the Spencers yet?
他们决定好什么时候举♥行♥葬礼了吗?
Have they made up their minds when the funeral will be?
呣?我不知道。没人跟我说什么。
Hmm? I don’t know. Nobody tells me anything.
克♥林♥顿♥总统和夫人昨晚听到消息
‘President Clinton with his wife heard the news last night.’
我们非常喜欢她
‘We liked her very much.
我们敬佩她为孩童和爱♥滋♥病患者所做的工作
‘We admired her work for children, for people with AIDS
为终止地雷灾害所做的呼吁
‘for the calls of ending the scourge of land mines… ‘
我们今天散步时
On our walk today,
一名侍从说他在克雷基岬看到一头公鹿
one of the gillies said he’d seen a stag up Craggy Head.
他估计鹿角有14个叉点
He reckoned 14 points.
我们有好多年没在这地方见过这么大的了
We haven’t had one as big as that on the estate for years.
没见过。确实。
No. Quite.
这给我留下了很深的印象…
‘… and I was tremendously impressed… ‘
总之,我觉得它也许能分散注意
Anyway, I thought it might be a good distraction.
– 为了孩子们 – 什么,围猎?
– For the boys. – What, stalking?
你不觉得这有点早吗?
Don’t you think that’s too bit soon?
我认为能让他们到户外的就是好主意。
I think anything that gets them outside is a good idea.
…1981年嫁入王室
…married the Royal 1981
但随着他们关系的恶化
‘… but as their relationship deteriorated,
她变得越来越不快乐
‘she became increasingly unhappy.
这对夫妇去年八月离婚
‘The couple divorced in August of last year.
是他们的爱情故事让群众涌上街头
‘It was their love story that brought crowds onto the streets.
当然,他们是来看女王的,还有王子
‘They came to see the Queen of course, and the Prince,
但是最重要的,他们来看戴安娜
‘but most of all, they came to see Diana.’
我要上♥床♥睡觉了
I’m going to bed.
但这看上去很美的童话注定不会有…
‘But the seeming perfect fairytale was destined not to have… ‘
我会打给宫务大臣办公室
I’ll ring the Lord Chamberlain’s office
说我们会派代表参加明早十点的会议
to say we’re going to send representatives to the meeting tomorrow morning 10 o’clock.
谢谢你,史蒂芬
Thank you, Stephen.
她给了我们这么多
She gave us so much.
我们为什么不能给予她一点东西,并且不打扰她?
Why couldn’t we have given her a little something and left her alone?
这真是…让我好伤心
It just… hurts me so much.
我从来没有经历过这种事
I’ve never experienced anything like this.
我一直在等着醒来,好像这只是个恶梦
I keep waiting to wake up, like it’s a bad dream.
好了,十点了。我们开始吧,好吗?
Right, it’s ten o’clock. Let’s get started. Shall we?
谢谢各位在临时通知下前来
Thank you all for coming at such short notice.
我想我们都同意这是一个特别敏感的时刻
I think we all agree that this is an extraordinary sensitive occasion,
带给我们极大的挑战
which presents us with tremendous challenges
后勤上的、宪法上的、实际操作上的
logistically, constitutionally, practically,
外交上的和程序上的
diplomatically and procedurally.
天了噜
Oh, Christ.
在当了18年的反对党之后
After 18 years of opposition
我自豪地站在你们面前,作为我们国家新的首相
I am proud to stand before you as the new Prime Minister of our country…
工党首相
Labour Prime Minister.
我想要投入雄心勃勃的进程来现代化这个国家
I want to set an ambitious course to modernise this country,
给老旧的体制注入新生命
to breathe new life into old institutions,
让特权为多数人服务,而非少数人
to make privilege something for the many, not the few.
一副奴相。你以为王室成员都是疯子?
Flunky neck. You think the royals are nutters?
你应该见见他们的仆从。
You should meet their flunkies.
两个半小时的时间讨论应该用灵车还是炮车来载她。
Two and a half hours in whether she should be carried in a hearse or a gun carriage.
不管怎样,你得到新闻界的热烈赞扬。
Anyway, you got raves in the press.
这份称你为“首席国家哀悼者”
This lot calls you “The nation’s mourner in chief.”
这份说你是唯一准确判断了国家情绪的人。
This lot says you’re the only person correctly judged the country’s mood.
– 哈罗? – 连《邮报》都被打动了。
– Hello? – Even The Mail was impressed.
“人♥民♥的王妃”,伙计。你欠我的
People’s princess, mate. You owe me.
戈登找你
Gordon for you.
叫他别挂
Tell him to hang on.
阿♥拉♥斯泰尔
Alastair…
那么他们回归理智了?是不是公开葬礼?
So they come to their senses? Is it going to be a public funeral?
对,星期六。盛大葬礼。
Yeah. Saturday. It’s a whopper.
– 在大教堂举♥行♥ – 太好了。
– The Abbey, the works. – Great.
有没有人…告诉女王了?
Has anyone told the Queen?
我不知道
I don’t know.
毫无疑问某个仆从会被打发过去,四肢伏地
No doubt some flunky will be dispatched, grovelling on all fours.
你认为让孩子们去打猎明智吗?
Do you think it’s wise for the boys to go stalking?
能让他们呼吸新鲜空气就是好事
Anything that gets them meet some fresh air is a goodthing.
也许他们不应该拿着枪。
Maybe they shouldn’t take guns.
我是说,要是有个摄影师看见他们,也许会传递错误信♥号♥♥。
I mean, if a photographer saw them, it might send the wrong signal.
要是外面有个摄影师,他可以当今天第一个猎物。
If there is a photographer out there, he could be the first kill of the day.
我看到法耶德先生昨晚下葬
I see Mr Fayed was buried last night.
在午夜。没有镜头,没有大惊小怪
At midnight. No cameras, no fuss.
非常有尊严
Very dignified.
他们为什么那么做?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!