You have a credit card?
我爸爸特别告诉我,只有紧急情况下,我才能用
My dad told me, specifically, I can only use it in case of an emergency.
现在就是时候了啊
Maybe one will come up.
太糟糕了,只有这里才能用信♥用♥卡♥
Too bad this is the only place that takes credit cards.
真惭愧
Real shame.
给,试试我的小牛肉
Here, try some of my veal.
你也得试试我的鲑鱼才行
Only if you try some of this salmon.
我不喜欢吃鱼肉,所以你吃我的就行了
I’m not a big fish guy, so you take it.
我不吃那个,但是你得试试我的小牛肉……
I’m not gonna eat that, but you try the veal
我不…… -试试
I’m not gonna– – Try it.
好吧?看,我告诉过你的
It’s good? See, I told you.
对了,你说?
So, you were saying?
不管怎样,我父亲……在农场长大的
Anyway, my father…. He grew up on a farm.
他总是想我们只看见过郊区,真的太丢人了
He always thought it was a real shame that we only saw the suburbs.
过去他带我们去野营旅行。还要酒吗?
He used to take us on great camping trips. Want more wine?
有天晚上,我跟我的弟弟睡在我的学生帐篷上,
One night, I was sleeping in my pup tent with my younger brother.
那时,我应该是6或7岁
I must have been, what, six or seven.
半夜我醒过来,我得出去走走
I woke up in the middle of the night, and I had to get outside.
我不知道为什么。我只是真的想出去走走
I don’t know why. I just really wanted to go outside.
外面很黑。我的意思是,绝对的黑
It was dark. I mean, totally dark.
跟城市里的不一样,跟郊区的也不一样
Not like in the city, or even in the suburbs.
我的意思是绝对黑暗
I’m talking absolute blackness.
前面2英寸的东西你都看不到
You couldn’t see two inches in front of your face.
但是有东西你看得到
But there’s one thing you could see.
真的,上万个东西
Millions of things, really.
你能看到星星
You could see the stars.
我从没见过晚上那么多的星星
There were more stars out that night than I’ve ever seen since.
相信我,我看到过
Believe me, I’ve looked.
我站在那,望着天空,我在想……
I’m standing there, looking up at the sky, and I’m thinking…
另一个世界上这些亮点
that each one of these dots of light is another world.
那时,我不知道星星与行星的区别
I didn’t know the difference between the stars and the planets, then.
但是它让我感觉我很渺小
But it made me feel really small.
孤单
Lonely.
你知道我的意思吗?
Do you know what I mean?
那时我在想,也许在每个这种世界……
Then I thought, maybe on each one of these other worlds…
有个像我这样的孩子。只是,他的样子像海绵……
there’s a kid like me.Only, he’s shaped like a sponge…
或是弹子机或是别的什么。不管怎样,他就在那里。
or a pinball machine, or something. Whatever, but he’s up there.
也许他在野营旅行,他在看着星星
Maybe he’s on a camping trip, and he’s looking up at the stars.
我决定我想见见这个人。
I decided I want to meet this guy.
给女士买♥♥朵玫瑰吗? -女士你想要朵玫瑰吗?
A rose for the lady? – Would the lady care for a rose?
这位女士,你能给我预支玫瑰的钱呢?
Would the lady care to advance the gentleman the cost of a rose?
记在帐单上。那真太好了。
Put it on the bill. That’d be great.
送给你
For you.
谢谢 -别客气
Thank you. – It was nothing.
你不必睡地板
You don’t have to sleep on the floor.
什么?
What?
你不必睡地板
You don’t have to sleep on the floor.
你确定?
Are you sure?
我什么也不会做的,我发誓
I won’t try anything, I swear.
我相信你
I trust you.
晚安
Good night.
你的律师怎么样了?
How’s your lawyer?
我的律师?
My lawyer?
他叫什么?吉米,杰里米
What’s his name? Jimmy, Jeremy.
杰森
Jason.
无论如何,杰森怎么样?
How is Jason, anyway?
杰森很好。
Jason’s fine.
我想你真的想他。 -去年夏天后,我就没见过他
I guess you really miss him. – I haven’t seen him since last summer.
他是什么样的人?
What’s he like?
杰森是个非常有方向的人。 他是真正的成功者。
Jason is very directed. He’s a real achiever.
知道了,但是他是什么样的人? 我的意思是,他喝哪种酒?
I know, but what is he like? I mean, what kind of beer does he drink?
他爱开玩笑吗?他能逗你笑吗?
Is he funny? Does he make you laugh?
他有女孩子寻找的一切特质 -听起来很完美
He is everything a girl looks for in a guy. – He sounds perfect.
我们对生活的要求一样
We both want the same things out of life.
我们都要成为律师。该死的好行业
We’re both gonna be lawyers. Damn good ones.
我们也许会一起实习,在佛蒙特州
We might even open a practice together, up in Vermont.
这个国家的某个地方 -我知道了
Somewhere in the country. – I get it.
杰森是真正爱好野外活动的人
Jason is the real outdoorsy type.
干净的淡水溪,芳香的草地……
Clear, freshwater streams, fragrant meadows…
生物可降解卫生纸, 工厂
biodegradable toilet paper, the works.
我们俩都喜欢旧农舍。
It’s just that we both like old farmhouses.
我们都觉得如果能找到一间农舍,然后我们自己重新装♥修♥是件很棒的事
We thought it’d be nice to find one and restore it ourselves.
杰森认为这是个很好的投资
Jason thinks it would make a good investment.
我觉得舒服温暖舒适就好了
I just want it to be nice and warm and cozy.
就像这样。
Kind of like this.
我们都疯狂喜欢巴斯特尔猎犬
And we’re both crazy about basset hounds.
我想你也许觉得很沉闷
I guess that sounds kind of tame to you.
听起来不错
It sounds nice.
晚安, 艾莉森.
Good night, Alison.
晚安, 吉布.
Good night, Gib.
我什么都没做,我发誓 -我知道
I didn’t try anything, I swear. – I know.
你只是睡在我身边 -没关系的
You were on my side of the bed. – It’s all right.
什么都没发生 -我知道
Nothing happened. – I know.
我去阳台一会
I’m just gonna go out on the veranda thing for a while.
你们去哪? -洛杉矶
Where you headed? – Los Angeles.
你们走运了。来吧,我们走
It’s your lucky day. Come on, let’s go!
我来拿
I got it
加利福尼亚有什么?
So what’s in California?
一个女孩
A girl.
她怎么了?她有个男朋友
– What’s wrong with her? – She’s got a boyfriend.
太糟了
Too bad.
她怎么样的? -谁?
What’s she like? – Who?
你的女朋友 -我不知道。我没见过她。
Your girlfriend. – I don’t know. I’ve never met her.
你没见过她。
You never met her.
你穿越大半个国家就为了见一个没见过面的女孩
You’re going across the country to see a girl you never met.
我最好的朋友兰斯安排的
My best friend, Lance, set it up.
据说是件无危险的事
Supposed to be a sure thing.
无危险的事?
A sure thing?
无危险的事, 不会问什么问题,不会有束缚……
A sure thing, no questions asked, no strings attached-
不会内疚
No guilt involved.
无危险的事
A sure thing.
我一生中,都没有过无危险的事
My whole life, I never had a sure thing.
也许见不到她。 24小时后,她就要走了
Probably never meet her anyway. She’s gonna be gone in 24 hours.
你付交通费,我保证把你送到
You pay for the traffic tickets, I’ll get you in the saddle.
谢谢 -非常感谢
Thank you. – Thanks a lot.
祝你充分享受即将到来的好运
I hope you fully appreciate the magnitude of your impending good fortune.
我会的
I do.
Alison, 你去哪?
Alison, where are you going?
等等
Wait up.
你怎么了?
What is it with you?
出了亚利桑那州后,你就没跟我讲过话了
You haven’t said two words to me since Arizona.
再见 -就这样?
See you around. – That’s it?
“再见”? -不就是你想要的吗?
“See you around”? – Isn’t that what you want?
不会问什么问题?不会有束缚? 不会内疚?
No questions asked? No strings attached? No guilt involved?
祝你与你的无危险的事玩的开心
Have fun with your sure thing.
这是我买♥♥给你的 -是我的买♥♥的
I bought this for you. – I bought it!
心意比较重要
It’s the thought that counts.
我们到了
Here we are.
我给你拿那个。很高兴见到你
Here, let me take that from you. It’s really great to see you.
我给你清了个抽屉出来
I cleared out this drawer for you.
你可以用这半个衣柜
And you can use this half of the closet.
我买♥♥了些你很喜欢的衣架
I bought some of those hangers you like so much.
你打开行李后,可以把包裹什么的放那里……
We’ll just put your bags up there after you’ve unpacked…
把那些东西拿开就行了
get them out of the way.
见到你真高兴
It’s so good to see you.

Look.
法兰绒床单
Flannel sheets.
你知道的,你用的时间越长,它们变的越舒服
You know, the longer you use them, the softer they get.
到我们找到我们的农舍后……
By the time we find our farmhouse…
天哪!它们将会是难以置信的,是不是?
my goodness, they’ll be incredible, won’t they?
你还好吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!