我要先做几套休闲服,看看效果如何
I thought I’d start with a few lounge suits. See how they go.
接下来嘛,就做像布威特先生说的“全套”
After that, well, the «full monty,» as old Braithwaite used to say.
我明白了,很好
I see. Very good, sir.
可惜“全套”的意义现在已截然不同
Pity the expression’s been hijacked. Means quite the other thing now.
– 我也这么听说了 – 变成“一脱到底”
– So they tell me, sir. – Bollock naked, in fact.
– 可不是嘛 – 钱不是问题
– Quite so, sir. – Money’s no problem.
您先看看布料有没有喜欢的
Take a look at these, sir. See what takes your fancy.
都是非常适合此地燠热气候的轻薄布料
They’re all the right weight for this diabolical climate.
都是又轻又薄又透气的毛料
Seven ounces of nicely breathing, finest worsted.
这是人人应该得而穿之的布料
About all a man could or should put up with.
这块如何?是羊驼毛料?
How about this one? Alpaca, am I right?
– 您真有眼光 – 好极了
– Very good, sir. – Perfect.
换做是我,我也会选这块
And exactly what I should’ve picked.
前提当然是钱不是问题啰?
Given that money’s no object?
– 接下来呢? – 太阳出来了!
– So, what’s next? – The sun!
要量身了,请跟我来
Vital statistics. Please step this way.
好的
Certainly.
麻烦请您宽衣,谢谢
If I could ask you to slip off your jacket. Thank you, sir.
你在诺列加风光时,也帮他做过衣服吧?
You were Noriega’s tailor, weren’t you, in his time?
对不起,您很介意吗?
I’m sorry, sir, is that a problem?
不见得,他是个小人,对吧?
Not necessarily. Smelly little bugger, was he?
请让我量身
If I may, sir.
四十
Forty.
腰围…
And the waist…
很惨吧?
What’s the damage?
很不错,之后三十四吋
A very creditable 34-plus.
什么之后?
Plus what?
当然是午餐之后
Plus lunch, put it that way, sir.
很好
Very good.
你会不会想念英国和沙维尔柔?
Do you ever miss it? The old country? Savile Row?
沙维尔柔,这个嘛…
The Row. Well, now…
…很难说
…I do and I don’t.
沙维尔柔的确很棒,但我在那里时…
Nothing beats it, but when I was there…
…一直觉得笼罩在亚瑟布威特的阴影下
…I always felt very much in old Arthur Braithwaite’s shadow.
但鼓励我自立门户的也是亚瑟布威特
Though it was Arthur Braithwaite who encouraged me to spread my wings.
– 他真是个大好人 – 他很传统
– Good old boy, Arthur, was he? – One of the old school, sir.
请让我量…
Now, if I might…
很好,先生
Very good, sir.
您偏爱左边还是右边?
Do we dress right or left?
现在多数人多半都偏爱左边,但应该和政♥治♥无关
Most gentlemen favor left these days. Don’t think it’s political.
从不知道那玩意在哪儿,总是摇摆不定
Never know where the bloody thing is. Bobs about like a windsock.
– 你刚刚说到哪里? – 说什么?
– You were saying? – Saying, sir?
布威特鼓励你自立门户
Braithwaite. Telling you to spread your wings.
是啊,我记得好清楚,仿佛就像昨天一样
Yes, of course. I remember it like yesterday.
我当时为布雷本公爵的骑马装打版
I was cutting a nice muted check hacking jacket for Lord Braeburn.
用的是最好的开司米龙毛海布料
Finest mohair, dash of cashmere.
我抬头一看,发现他站在走廊看着我
I looked up and he was looking at me from the doorway.
我说的是亚瑟布威特
Arthur Braithwaite, that is.
他体型高大,不怒而威
He was a big man, imposing.
很难用言语形容他
He had a presence. It’s hard to put it into words.
– 是他的胡子 – 胡子?
– It was the mustache. – Mustache?
他满嘴胡子,喝汤时总是弄得乱七八糟
Bloody great bushy job, soup all over it.
– 我在的时候他没留胡子 – 我记得一清二楚,是咖啡色的
– There was no mustache in my day. – I can see it now. Bright brown.
我们被视破了,哈利,你要矢口否认
I think we’re being rumbled, Harry. Admit nothing. Deny all.
大概是您记错了
I think your memory’s playing tricks.
你一定是想成别人了
You’re thinking of a different man and awarding his mustache to Braithwaite.
继续
Go on.
他说“哈利,你可以自立门户了
«Harry,» he says to me, «I think you’ve earned your spurs.
你想不想把我的名号♥…
How would you feel about taking my name…
…和传统带到新大♥陆♥去?
…and tradition to the New World?
我愿意跟你合伙”
I’m talking about a full partnership.»
老实说,我当时感动得眼泛泪光
I don’t mind telling you, there were tears in my eyes.
连我都快被你感动得流泪了
You’ve practically got tears in mine.
谢谢您,先生
Thank you, sir.
但我从来没听过这么荒谬的事
I’ve never heard such a load of bullshit in my life.
过来坐下,哈利
Come and sit down, Harry.
不要紧的
It’s all right.
我是你的神仙教母
I’m your fairy godmother.
哈利,我知道你是谁
The thing is, Harry, I know who you are.
应该说我知道你不是谁
More accurately, I know who you aren’t.
– 我不知道你在说什么 – 没关系,别紧张
– I don’t know what you’re saying. – It’s all right. Relax.
我知道你是潘戴尔九〇六〇一七
Because I know. You’re 906017 Pendel.
你因纵火被判六年,两年半后出狱
Six years for arson, served two and a half.
你在牢里学会裁缝功夫,你是想诈领保险金吧?
Learnt your tailoring in the slammer. Insurance scam, wasn’t it?
你想为你的班尼叔放火烧仓库
Set fire to a warehouse for your Uncle Benny.
结果人赃俱获,被逮个正着
They caught you with the matches in your hand.
你从来没去过沙维尔柔
You’ve never been near Savile Row.
你说的布威特其实是被你绘声绘影的形容成圣人…
Braithwaite is your Uncle Benny…
…而早已死去的班尼叔
…raised from the dead, born again and given a size-nine halo.
你出狱后在班尼叔的协助下,匆匆出走巴拿马
Upon release, you did a runner to Panama with your Uncle Benny’s help.
在这里干得有声有色
Built up a fine business.
还娶了在当地颇有名望的美国的运河工程师的女儿
Married the daughter of an American canal engineer. Well-respected man.
但你的农场害你欠银行五万元
But you owe the bank 50,000, thanks to that farm.
你居然还用这家店和你的房♥子做抵押
You’ve put in the shop and the house as collateral.
这一步真是愚不可及
Not wise, Harry. Not wise at all.
我几乎可以听到债权人上门讨债的声音
I can practically hear the creditors banging on the door.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是安迪奥斯纳
I’m Andy Osnard.
我才刚到英国大使♥馆♥,想了解一下环境
New boy at the British Embassy, finding my way around town.
告诉你一个秘密…
Strictly between us…
…我是英国情报局派来的
…I’m Ml.6’s man in Panama.
这种工作见不得人又寂寞,就像口♥交♥一样
It’s dark and lonely work, like oral sex.
但总要有人去做
But someone has to do it, Harry.
我要在这里建立自己的作业,好注意运河的动静
I’m opening up a little network. Keeping an eye on the canal.
这和我有什么关系?
So, what’s that got to do with me?
你凭什么到这儿来…
What gives you the right to come here…
…用我已还清欠社会的债的过去来要胁我
…sandbag me with my past after I’ve paid my debt to society?
冷静点,我是你的财神爷
Cool down. I’m bonus.

Okay.
你想干嘛?
What do you want?
我要借重你的记忆
Your memory.
你那犀利的眼光
Your «rock of eye.»
这不就是你们的术语?那些你知道跟你不知道你知道的事
Isn’t that the expression? Things you know and don’t even know you know.
我不会亏待你的
Highest prices paid.
现在就给我滚
Get out. Now.
出去
Off.
别傻了,哈利,我们是天作之合
Don’t be a cunt, Harry. We’re made for each other.
你有债,我有钱,你的爱国心都到哪儿去了?
You have debts, I have money. Where’s your patriotism?
我的爱国心在苦牢里被消磨光了
I had it out in prison, without an anesthetic.
我先给你五千块,就算是做衣服的订金吧
There’s five grand there. Say it’s on account of the suits.
你把它当做“交际费”,爱怎么叫就怎么叫
Call it «entertainment expenses,» anything you like, really.
我希望我们能成为好朋友
I want us to get on, Harry.
收下吧
Go on.
我只要你带我四处看看
Show me around, is all.
我有选择的余地吗?
Do I have a choice?
别这么说嘛
Oh, don’t put it like that.
这是个游戏,咱们好好玩
It’s a game. Let’s have some fun, eh?

Hi.
没什么
No, nothing much.
没问题,如果你坚持的话
Well, sure, if you feel you have to.
– 为什么不带他回家呢? – 我还是带他去俱乐部好了
– Why not just bring him home? – I think I’ll take him to the club.
不知道,他有点怪
Not sure. He’s an odd chap.
没问题啦
No, nothing’s wrong.
你的声音怪怪的
Your voice sounds funny.
他叫那个“那玩意儿”?
He called it a windsock?
先生,晚安,潘戴尔先生
Senor. Good evening, Mr. Pendel.
– 入会一定很贵吧 – 没办法,非入会不可
– Must have cost a lot to get in here. – Had to be done.
哈利,我的夹克怎么样了?
Hey, Harry, what about my blazer?
路易,礼拜二来店里试穿
Drop by on Tuesday, Luis. It’ll be ready to try on.
夹克,他们都要做夹克
Blazers, they all want blazers.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!