I asked seven dollars for that one looks like
很多颜色的画我开价7美元
a lot of blobs of color in a thunderstorm.
-还有呢 -他说没事 而且还说这些可真是无价之宝
And? Said he couldn’t think of it. Said they were priceless.
听起来就像是我在幼儿园 画的那样
Sounds like something I painted in kindergarten.
我要你知道 这幅画的涵义是世界的开始
I’ll have you know that picture’s symbolic of the beginning of the world.
这是也我在幼儿园听到的 关于这世界的说法
That’s where I first heard of the world, at kindergarten.
噢 我的朋友是现代 博物馆的美术评论家
Yes, and my friend here, art critic for the Modern Museum
恕我无礼 美术评论家说什么可与我无关
Don’t think I’m rude, but it doesn’t matter to me what an art critic says.
-就这样吗 -我知道我的画很棒
Is that so? I know my paintings are good.
又不是那美术评论家购买♥♥ 而是你 所以最主要是你怎么想
He doesn’t want them; you do. So all that matters is what you think.
我想这是天才的作品 我所有都买♥♥了
I think they are works of genius, and I want to buy them all.
-太糟糕了 -为什么
Too bad. Why?
我在想我决定不卖♥♥它们 而且你也买♥♥不起
Just decided I can’t sell them. Besides, you couldn’t afford them.

Oh.
噢 钱吧
Uh… Money.
山姆 别傻了 让他付钱就是
Sammy. Don’t be a fool. Make him pay through the nose.
快啊 马洛先生 现实点
Go ahead, Mr. Marlow. Be reasonable.
如果你喜欢 过分点也没事
Be unreasonable, if you want.
你怎么看
What do you say?
这是你的作品 你拿主意
It’s your genius. It’s up to you.
好的 世界上你最喜欢什么
All right then. What do you like most in the whole world?
我也说不清 草莓吧
I don’t know. Strawberries, I guess.
草莓 写下吧
Strawberries. Write that down.
两盒新鲜草莓 每月一次 无论是什么季节
Two boxes of fresh strawberries, first of each month, in and out of season…
从现在开始
from now on.
噢 很简单 还有什么
Well, it’s simple. What else?
安尼卡喜欢什么
What would Arnie like?
化学药品
A chemical set.
-哪种 -很难闻那种
What kind? Whatever smells the worst.
-听到了吗 -听到了
Got that? Right.
一种很难闻的化学药品
One smelly chemical set.
维格 你想要什么
Wiggy. Wiggy, what would you like?
收银机 镀铭碟 一个响铃
Cash register. Chromium plated. One that rings a bell.
-有地方放吗 -我会找到地方的
Got room for one? I’ll find room.
-收银机 -镀铭碟 还有一个响铃
Cash register. Chromium plated. One that rings a bell?
知道
Check.
格勒夫利小姐 来一个装♥修♥漂亮的客厅怎样
Miss Gravely, a beauty parlor, fully equipped?
有什么用
What for?
我要一个有很多礼物的嫁妆箱
A hope chest… filled with the things I should have put in it and didn’t.
一个嫁妆箱 要有很多嫁妆
A hope chest, full of hope.
船长呢
Captain?
一只上乘猎枪 火♥药♥
A good shotgun, plenty of ammunition,
一些灯芯绒裤子 一件白衬衣 和一顶打猎帽 要褐色的
some corduroy britches, a plain shirt and a hunting cap, a brown one.
戴维 克罗斯基 这些作品
Davy Crockett… the works.
好了 就这样 我想 这些画就是你的了
Well, that’s it, I guess. The paintings are yours.
还有你的呢
Yes, but what about you?
对啊 山姆 你也要点什么吧
Yes, Sam, you’ve gotta ask for something.
好的 我想想
Well, let’s see.
就这样
That’s it.
-什么 -不好意思
– What’s it? – Pardon me.
你看怎样
What do you think?
好的 我想挺好安排的
Yes, I think that can be easily arranged.
好的 就这样吧
Well. That’s it, then.
我早上来取画吧
I’ll come back in the morning for all these paintings.
马洛先生 我会记住
Mr. Marlow, this has been a night…
今天晚上的
that I shall remember the rest of my life.
欢迎再来 下个月会有更多的画
Come back again. Have some more paintings for you next month.
即使你提价
And you’ll have a steady customer in me,
我也是你固定的顾客
even if you raise your prices.
好了 再见
Well, good night, everyone.
-再见 -再见
Good night. Good night.
谢谢 年轻人
All right, young man.
恭喜你 山姆 干得好
Congratulations, Sammy. Good boy.
-我做得对吗 -你做得很对 山姆
Did I do the right thing? You did just the right thing, Sam.
好的
Good.
因为你这样想对我来说很重要
Because it’s important to me that you think so.
为什么
Why?
因为我爱你 我要娶你
Because I love you. I want to marry you.

Oh!
-你要娶我 -嗯 对啊
You want to marry me? Um-hmm. Why not?
我今天才刚刚得到自♥由♥
Because… Because I just got my freedom today.
来得容易 去得快
Easy come, easy go.
而且如果你嫁给我 你还可以保留你的自♥由♥啊
Besides, if you married me, you’d keep your freedom.
你真是独一无二
You must be practically unique, then.
我尊敬自♥由♥而且我爱自♥由♥
I respect freedom. More than that, I love freedom.
我们会是世界上最自♥由♥的夫妻
We might be the only free married couple in the world.
太突然了 山姆
This is very sudden, Sam.
你得给点时间我考虑考虑
You’ll have to give me a little time to think about it.
好的 我们回到你家 你就得决定了
Only fair. I’ll give you until we get back to your house.
-今晚这儿怎么了 有喜事
– What’s goin’ on here this time of night? – The most wonderful thing.
马洛先生把他的全部画 都买♥♥给了一位百万富翁
Mr. Marlow sold all his paintings to a millionaire.
-得到了很多 -钱吗
Got more’n I ever figured he’d get. Money?
不完全是钱
Well, not exactly money.
我知道这些东西不该占地方
I always knew they weren’t worth the space.
我在一个闲逛的流浪汉 身上找到了这个
I found these on a tramp hangin’ ’round here.
他说他在一个死尸上找到的
Said he found ’em. On a… dead man.
就带我去了他所说的地方
Took me to where he said he found him, and…
我可没看到什么死尸
I didn’t see any body.
蒙彼利埃 2000
Montpelier 2000.
-这是州际警♥察♥的电♥话♥ -嗯
– That’s the state police number. – Uh-huh.
我想我们还是回去吧
I think, uh, we’d better get going.
谢谢你给的收银机 马洛先生
Thank you, Mr. Marlow, for the cash register.
别客气 晚安
It was a pleasure. Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
Good night. Good night. Good night.
晚安
Good night.
-晚安 -晚安 船长
Good night. Good night, Captain.
我是代理州长加尔文 维格斯
This is Deputy Sheriff Calvin Wiggs.
好的 我等一下
Yeah, I’ll wait.
妈妈
Ma?
-什么事 -地上有幅画
– Yes? – This picture here on the floor.
这是新画 他今天画的 但不会出♥售♥
It’s a new one. He did it today, but it isn’t for sale.
-为什么 -你得问问他
Why not? You’ll have to ask him that.
他去詹尼弗 罗杰斯的家时 就放在这儿了
He left it on his way over to Jennifer Rogers’ house.
我猜他忘了拿回家
Guess he didn’t have time to take it home.
你突然对艺术感兴趣了
You suddenly got interested in art?
不是
No.
这和一个
It’s just that it matches the description of…
噢 你好 船长
Oh, hello, Sergeant.
加尔文 维格斯
Calvin Wiggs.
这里有件事你或许感兴趣的
Got something that might interest you a little.
我拿到了一双流浪汉 偷回来的鞋子
It seems I picked up this tramp with a pair of stolen shoes…
还有一个很离奇的死尸故事
and a wild story about a corpse.
你怎么看 他拿着哈里 沃普 的鞋子走进来
What do you think? Him walking in with Harry Worp’s shoes…
并给警♥察♥电♥话♥
in his hand and then that phone call to the police.
我也不是很清楚 或许是我错了
Don’t know. I may be wrong,
但我想他不会想到我们
but I don’t think he’s tied us into it yet.
噢 他看我的眼神
Oh, the way he looked at me.
如果他知道了 他就会不让我们走了
If he’d known anything, he’d have kept us there.
但现代警♥察♥的办案方法是攻心 山姆 攻心计
But modern police methods are all psychological now, Sammy. Psychological.
他们会不停地磨到你身心俱惫
They just wear you down and wear you down until…
然后你就欣然进入毒气室
you’re almost grateful to get into that gas chamber.
警♥察♥可能会告诉他 如果 这鞋子大小一样的话 就看着他们
The police’ll probably tell him, if the shoes fit, to keep them.
噢 好的
Oh, well.
-我已经决定了 山姆 –
I’ve decided, Sam. Decided what?
我愿意嫁给你
I will marry you,
如果你还记得你刚向 我求过婚的话
if you haven’t forgotten about asking me.
我非常喜欢你
I’m… I’m very fond of you and,
还有你会做安尼卡的好父亲的
I think you’d make a good father for Arnie…
其它原因就先别说了
and for some other reasons best left unsaid.
用结婚来过冬是个舒适的方法
Marriage is the comfortable way to spend the winter,
但现在最好想出一个合理的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!