Is that so? – As a matter of fact, yes.
妈… -如果你现在还不知道…
Mom… – If you don’t know by now…
他们邀请我加入舞团 -哦 埃米利娅
They asked me to join the company. – Oh, Emilia.
安静 安静 什么时候开始?
Quiet. Quiet. When do you start?
从夏天在纽约的排练开始
With rehearsals in New York before the summer season.
但是我还没有告诉他们我会去
But, Daddy, I didn’t tell them I’d go.
蠢货 -伊桑!
Jerk. – Ethan!
我说我想再考虑一下 -考虑什么啊? 晕死了
I said I wanted to think it over. – Why, for God’s sake?
因为她比你更有脑子 她知道这是她人生道路的分岔口
‘Cause she’s got more brains than you. She knows it’s the fork in her road.
分什么口? -不要笑 确实是
The what? – Don’t laugh. It is.
我想知道我会何去何从
And I want to know where I’m going.
对啊 为什么不呢?
Right. Why shouldn’t you?
你这样做很聪明 埃米利娅
That’s very smart of you, Emilia.
我们吃饭吧
Let’s eat.
办公室的空调还没有修好
The air conditioner in the office is still on the fritz.
嗯我知道 谢谢 亲爱的 他们说一到早上就会修
Yeah, I know. Thanks, hon. They said they’d fix it first thing in the morning.
他们总是那样说 就是不说是哪天早上
They always say that, they just never say which morning.
你觉得她在加入舞团这件事上为什么会犹豫?
Why do you think she’s hesitating aboutjoining the company?
她不想承认 她觉得离开我们很可笑
She won’t say it but she feels funny about leaving us.
我也是 比她更可笑
I do too. Even funnier.
我有时会想到贾尼娜去上大学 然后是伊桑和…
I have this image of Janina going off to college, and then Ethan, and…
艾玛是和这三个小家伙一起前进的你知道吗?
You know that Emma travels with these three little dogs?
你宁可埃米利娅不去吗? -不
Would you rather Emilia didn’t go? – No.
当然不是
God, no.
我不希望她在俄克拉荷马州荒度余生
I don’t want her to spend the rest of her life buried here in Oklahoma City.
我在想如果她确定要走 你应该去纽约过夏天
I was thinking. – if she does go, you should go to New York for the summer.
一直都是你照顾她的
You always baby her.
她不像贾尼娜那样善交朋友
She doesn’t make friends as easily as Janina.
在舞团里她会的
She will, in the company.
舞团里有很多人嫉妒心很重
There’s always a lot ofjealousy in the company.
这对你又没什么影响 为什么你不去? 为什么要我去?
Well, that never bothered you. Why don’t you go? Why should I go?
你知道自己也想去 你知道我们还得开课
You know you wanna go, you know we have to keep school open,
你也知道我是一个比你更好的老师
and you know I’m a better teacher than you are.
只去一个夏天 这里对我来说太热了
Only in the summer. It’s too damn hot here for me.
而且我也不能丢下其他孩子
Besides, I can’t leave the other kids.
贾尼娜会在这里过的很高兴 她还可以照看♥房♥♥子 至于伊桑…
Well, Janina’s happy as a clam here, and she takes good care of the house. And Ethan…
伊桑 拼了命也想去纽约学习
Oh, Ethan would kill to go to New York and study.
那?
So?
你太了解我了
You know me too well.
我很想去那里
I would love to go there.
我还以为你不情愿
I think you have to.
你是想摆脱掉我吗? -不 我是想紧紧抓住你
Are you trying to get rid of me? – No, trying to hold onto you.
我考虑过了 但还有两个问题 -说吧
I thought it over, but I have two questions. – Sure.
伊桑说我害怕竞争 我并不害怕
Ethan says I’m scared of competition. I’m not.
但这是个大舞团 我能得到的跳舞机会到底有多少?
But it’s a big company, so how much will I get to dance?
这要看你有多优秀
Depends on how good you are.
那我有多优秀?
Well, how good am I?
非常优秀 另一个问题是什么?
Very. Now, what’s the other question?
我现在应该知道自己是否愿意待在舞团里吗?
Should I know now whether I want to stay in the company?
为什么这么问?
What made you ask that?
看上去有所得必有所失
Well, it seems if you really stay, there are things you have to give up.
小傻瓜 车到山前必有路 不要过早担心
You nut. You deal with that when and if it happens.
如果现在你知道自己想要什么那就去做吧
But for now, if you know what you want to do then you do it.
并不总是那么简单就知道答案的 -对我来说是
It’s not always that easy to know. – Oh, it is for me.
我的意思是 我知道自己现在想要什么
I mean, I know what I want for now.
是什么?
What?
跳舞
Just to dance.
那就去吧
Then go ahead.
左手放在把杆上
Left hand on the barre.
沉肩 手臂 走…
Shoulder down. Arm. And…
下蹲
Grand pli?
肩膀侧过来
One shoulder back.
打开 看着自己的右手 双脚并拢
Open. Look over your hand. Feet together.
举起手 波德勃拉 往前 一…
Lift your arm. Port de bras. Front. One…
看着
Watch.
不对 在动作的中间部分 这下对了
No. In the middle of the movement. That’s it.
完美无缺
Perfect.
好 现在伸起手臂 保持拉伸
OK, now d‚ velopp‚ . Pull it up. Keep your pull.
一 二 三
One, two, three.
一 二 三
And one, two, three.
慢一点 三
A little late. Three.
一 脚指在第五个位置上
And one. Your toes will be in fifth position.
最后一遍 再来
Last time. Again.
别… -抱歉
Don’t… – I’m sorry.
好了 -够了
OK. – That’s enough.
连个邦迪贴都受不了还怎么用它跳舞呢?
How can you dance on it if you can’t even stand a Band-Aid?
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八
And one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七…
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven…
规矩点 你拿着奖学金所以要有感恩之情
Now, behave. You’re on a scholarship so be grateful.
我有 就像你说的 这让我不会成为街头混混
I am. And it keeps me off the streets, like you said.
在老师面前你最好别耍小聪明
You better not be so smartass with your teachers.
再见 妈妈
So long, Mom.
不 -你不希望被看到跟我在一起吗?
No. – You don’t wanna be seen with me?
你没有其他事可以做了吗? -说实话 还真没有
Don’t you have anything better to do? – Frankly, I don’t.
那好吧 让我先走
Well, let me go first.
注意控制
Control.
一 保持
One. Stay.

And a-one.
结束动作
Grand finale.
见鬼
Shit.
嗨 弗洛伦斯 你好吗? 阿德莱德在吗?
Hello, Florence. Is Adelaide around, by any chance?
不在 抱歉 她去参加募捐会了 罗杰斯女士
No, sorry. She had a fundraising meeting, Mrs Rodgers.
迪迪 迪迪
Deedee, Deedee.
五 六 七 八
…five, six, seven, eight.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four,
五 六 七 八…
five, six, seven, eight…
塞维利亚 你好吗? -哦 你好
Sevilla. How are you? – Oh, hello.
这就是我的剧了
That’s as far as I got.
有意思
Interesting.
谢谢大家
Thank you, everybody.
现在可以给你讲一下动作了吗?
Shall I show you your solo now?

Please do.
You have three piqu? turns to two chans and pli?
你先摆动三下然后转两圈
阿♥拉♥贝斯克 第四准备动作 -两个皮鲁埃特旋转 对吗?
Arabesque. Preparation fourth. – Double pirouette, right?
你可以做一个
You can do a single.
我可以做两个
I can do a double.
你希望我头在哪个位置? -低下来放在这个位置
Where do you want my head here? – Down and to the side.
棒极了
Fascinating.
你知道吗 阿诺德 如果你告诉我这是个什么剧会更有帮助
You know, Arnold, it might help if you told me what I was playing.
没有情节的 艾玛 这是一部抽象的剧
There’s no story, Emma. It’s abstract.
我意识到了 我问的是演的是什么 不是演的谁 我应该用什么样的感情?
I’m aware of that. I asked what I was playing, not who I was playing. What am I feeling?
没有感情 艾玛 你只管跳舞就是
Nothing, Emma. You just dance.
阿诺德…
Arnold…
你挑错人了
you’ve got the wrong lady.
注意你的血压 阿诺德
Just watch your blood pressure, Arnold.
我并没有说如果不用艾玛 我们就不会上映你的芭蕾剧
I did not say that if we don’t use Emma, we won’t put on your ballet.
我说的是如果用艾玛这部剧会得到应有的关注
I did say that with Emma it will get the serious attention it deserves.
说实话 这不正是你向她展示的原因吗?
Actually, that’s why you showed it to her, isn’t it?
我很吃惊艾玛·杰克琳想加入我的剧
I was surprised Emma Jacklin wanted to be in it.
为什么? 艾玛一直在跟年轻的编舞者合作…
Why? Emma’s always worked with young choreographers…
迈克尔
Michael.
我急需一部新的芭蕾剧 阿诺德 你也知道这点
I’m in bad need of a new ballet, Arnold, and you know it.
现在我们都在利用对方 所以公平一些
Now, we’re using each other, so play fair.
你有才华
You’re very talented.
有足够的才华可以改变事情 所以你可以利用我让我发挥所长 现在
Talented enough to change it, so that you can use me at what I can do best. Now.
我想这样做 艾玛 但事情并没有那么简单
I’d like to, Emma, but it’s not that simple.
你那小小的矛盾心理又出现了 -不要这么恶毒
Your ambivalence is showing. – Don’t get bitchy.
我指的又不是你的性生活 -芭蕾舞是为舞者准备的 不是给巨星做人情的
I’m not referring to your sex life. – Ballets are for dancers, not to oblige stars.
看样子阿诺德想让他的编舞成为唯一的巨星
I’m afraid Arnold wants his choreography to be the only star.
没错 而且理应如此
It is, and it should be.
所以说你不想要我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!