这些人该感到理亏才对
They’re in the wrong.
我才不要什么见鬼的国王 滚蛋吧
I don’t have any fecking king. Fuck off!
什么 我不干 我不干
What? No way! No way!
我们就为了这个打仗吗 我们就为了这个打仗吗
Is this what we fought for, is it? Is this what we fought for, is it?
北爱尔兰将作为英国的一部分
1916年复活节 爱尔兰首府都柏林爆发反英大起义 后遭残酷镇♥压♥
这是对1916年的背叛
A betrayal of 1916.
看看这个吧 兄弟 都是真的
Look at this, boy. It’s all true.
可怕的战争将立即降临
Lmmediate and terrible war.
这是原话
Those were the exact words.
这是英国内阁发出的威胁
The threat promised by the British Cabinet
如果我们不批准这个条约 他们就会这么做
if we didn’t ratify this treaty.
劳合·乔治 丘吉尔 张伯伦
Lloyd George, Churchill, Chamberlain,
伯肯黑德 哈马尔·格林伍德
Birkenead, Hamar Greenwood.
这伙杂种齐聚一堂 你根本想象不到他们有多凶恶
A bunch of more vicious bastards in the one room you can’t imagine.
他们刚刚经历了大战
They have just watched 17 million
目睹1700万男人 女人和孩子死去
men, women and children die in the Great War.
你们以为他们会在乎 杀几千个共和派吗
You think they’ll give a damn about a few thousand dead Republicans?
这是吓唬人 他们发动的是不义的战争
Bluffing. They’re in a dirty war
他们是赢不了的
and they can’t win.
我明白了 有道理 我同意
Oh, I see. Fair enough. I agree.
他们不愿意被美国人耻笑 也不愿被全世界耻笑
They’re not going to lose face in America. And the rest of the world.
他们不会冒这样的风险 他们每天要花一万英镑
They’re not going to risk that. It’s costing them $10,000 a day.
这你不用担心 他们还有的是钱
They’ve a lot more after that, don’t you worry.
弟兄们 你们没听明白泰迪的话
Lads, you’re not hearing what Teddy’s saying.
可怕的战争将立即降临 好好想想吧
Lmmediate and terrible war. Think about it.
我们在全国有3500条枪 这点家当怎么够打
We’ve 3,500 rifles in the country. How’s that going to work for us? Huh?
弟兄们 自♥由♥就在我们面前
Lads, we have freedom within our grasp.
我们只差这么一小步了 只差一点 但是还没够到
We’re that close. It’s just one inch but it’s still out of reach.
要是我们现在罢手 我们就永远 也不能
And if we stop now, we will never again…regain the power
积蓄起今天我在这里感受到的力量
that I can feel in this room.
今天 在这间屋子里 我感受到了
I can sense it in this room today.
如果我们现在停下
And if we stop short now,
我们一辈子也别想再看到这种力量 永远不会
never in our lifetime will we see that energy again. Ever!
所以我求你们 求你们大家迈出那一步
So I’m begging each and every one of you to just go that inch.
不从英国人手里得到彻底的自♥由♥ 我们绝不罢休
We cannot stop until we’ve complete freedom from Britain!
还记得这个吗 记得这个吗
Remember this? Remember this?
我们每个人都宣过誓
Each one of us swore an oath of allegiance
效忠1919年的爱尔兰议会
to the Irish Parliament of 1919.
这个条约却在公然违抗它
This treaty flies in the face of it.
它侮辱了议会 因为它要我们 发另一个誓
It insults it by asking us to swear another oath
宣誓效忠我们正要赶走的国王
to the King that we’re trying to get out. An oath!
假如我像你们一样是个政客
And maybe if I was a politician, like yourselves,
也许我什么话都说得出口 可我不是
I could say whatever I want, but I’m not.
我是个共和派 我只想问你们一个问题
I’m a Republican. And the only question I want you to answer is,
你们是不是说话算话
are you men of your word?
你要我回答这个问题
Do you expect me to answer that?
你是共和派吗 我当然是共和派
Are you a Republican? Of course I’m a Republican!
我来说两句 大骗子
I need to say something in answer. Bloody liar.
今天有几个人我没看见
Absent faces.
可是他们还在这儿
But they’re still present in here.
凯文 强尼 科勒姆 在兵营里被害
It’s Kevin, Johnny, Colum, murdered in the barracks.
班尼 割草皮的时候背后中枪
There’s Benny, shot in the back while cutting turf.
艾丹 受尽拷打 然后被吊死
Aidan, tortured and then hung.
米哈
Micheail.
上帝 我可以数上一整天 可我最忘不了的就是米哈
Jesus, I could go on all day, but we can’t forget Micheail.
他就在他母亲面前被打成了肉酱
He was beaten to a pulp in front of his mother.
我不能 也不会
And I cannot, I will not…
宣誓效忠英国国王
spit on the graves of our dead martyrs
这等于是朝烈士的坟上吐口水
by swearing an oath of allegiance to the British Crown!
如果你们真要亵渎这些小伙子的坟墓
If you really want to desecrate the graves of those boys,
如果你想侮辱他们的名声 那你就拒绝那项条约吧
if you want to insult their memories, you go ahead and reject this treaty.
因为这就是他们拿命换来的
Because this is what they died for.
因为你们很多人都太死心眼
And because a lot of you are too stubborn!
你们太死心眼了 所以你们不能
You’re too stubborn! You’re too stubborn to…
迈克尔·柯林斯 爱尔兰共和军领导人
说到迈克尔·柯林斯 迈克尔·柯林斯是英雄
Talk about Michael Collins. Michael Collins is a hero.
他去了伦敦 就被美酒盛宴迷晕了
He went down there to London. He was seduced by the wining and dining.
他没有争取到正当的条约 这是在投降
He did not negotiate a proper treaty. Bloody surrender.
比英国人放弃得更多吗
More of a surrender than what the British are doing?
想想他们作的让步吧
Think of the concessions they’ve made.
劳合·乔治身边有很多死硬的保守党
Lloyd George is in a coalition with die-hard Tories.
在他们看来
As far as they’re concerned,
爱尔兰只是大棋局中的一个小棋子
Ireland is this tiny dot in a much bigger picture.
你们真以为他们会让我们完全独♥立♥
Do you seriously think they’d let him give the green light to nationalists
这不是在给印度 非洲
in India and in Africa
还有帝国各地的 民族主义者作出榜样吗
and the whole fucking empire by giving us complete independence?
你们都知道 这是绝不可能的
It was never going to happen that way, and you all know it.
如果我们批准这个条约
If we ratify this treaty,
就会葬送在最近这次选举中赢得的
we will destroy the two most precious gifts
两个最宝贵的成果
that we won with this last election.
第一 体现了民♥意♥ 要求彻底的自♥由♥
One, being a mandate for complete freedom,
而不是折中的自♥由♥
not a compromised freedom.
第二 通过了民♥主♥主义的纲领
The second, being a Democratic programme in which is enshrined
以大众福利高于个人福利为宗旨
the priority, the public welfare over private welfare.
这个条约会强化富人对穷♥人♥的控制
This treaty will copper-fasten the hold of the powerful over the poor
因为英国人会派来总督
because there will be a governor general
他会用锁链拴住我们的傀儡议会
who’ll have our puppet parliament on a leash.
一切都会是老样子
It’ll be business as usual,
工人在厂里加班加点 小伙子们找不到工作
with workers tied to a shift at a factory and fellas begging for jobs.
这个条约分♥裂♥了国家
It’s the partition of the country. The alienation,
抛弃了我们在北方的兄弟
the abandonment of our brothers in the top of this country.
你们说英国佬会离开
You say the Brits are leaving?
他们只不过往北走了300英里
They’re going 300 miles up the road.
男人 女人和孩子正在被纵火犯从家里赶出来
Men, women and children being burned out of their homes.
这是真的 是真的
It’s true, boy. It’s true.
我的表兄弟就住在贝尔法斯特的街上
My cousins are on the streets of Belfast.
他们的房♥子被保皇党人烧了
Burned from their homes by Loyalists.
现在都柏林到处都是难民
There’s refugees all over Dublin.
你们知道这个条约对他们意味着什么吗
You know what this treaty means for them?
现在他们要面对的不是保皇派的流氓了
Instead of sectarian gangs, they’ll now face those same thugs
那些暴徒会穿上英国制♥服♥ 拿着英国政♥府♥发的武器
armed and uniformed by the British state.
辛妮 你读一读条约
Read the treaty, Sinead.
条约上没有保障 我们的爱尔兰肯定会分♥裂♥
There’s no certainty. We’ll have a divided Ireland.
有保障的 你再读读条约 条约上有保障的
There is certainty. Read the treaty. Read the treaty. There is certainty.

Dan?
我爸爸是个挖土工 在伦敦工作
My dad was a navvy. He worked in London,
他辛苦挖坑只能赚到一两个便士 一直干到死
digging holes for tuppence ha’penny until it killed him.
我有两个姐姐 但是从没见过面
I had two sisters I never got to know
因为她们刚出生就因为缺医少药死了
because they died in infancy for want of a doctor.
我所献身的 追求的东西 是这个 这是一部分
Now, what I signed up to, when I got involved in this, was part…Here.
我有一张纸
I have a piece of paper here.
是从爱尔兰第一下议院的民♥主♥主义纲领上摘下来的
It’s from the Democratic Programme of the First Dail.
只是短短几句 不会占用你们多少时间
It’s a short quote. I won’t keep you.
我来给你们念一下
I’m going to read this out to you.
国家的主♥权♥
The natiors sovereignty
不仅涉及全体男女国民
extends not only to all the men and women of the nation,
也涉及国家拥有的所有物质
but to all its material possessions,
包括国家领土及其上所有资源
the natiors soil and all its resources. All the wealth,
包括国内所有财富 以及所有产生财富的过程
and all the wealth-producing processes within the nation.
也就是说 这个国家里的每一样东西
That means, all of us in this country
都归全国同胞所有
own every bit of this country.
我们就是为了这个而献身的
And that’s what we all signed up to
也是为了这个投票给下议院的 对吗
when we voted for the Dail. Right?
如果我们继续追求这个目标
If we pursue this,
这个国家的每一个孩子 都会得到平等的机会
every child in this country will have an equal chance.
如果我们不这么做
If we don’t,
他们就是到了地狱里也不会有机会
they won’t have a chance in hell.
假如我们批准这个条约 那么我们能改变的
If we ratify this treaty, all we’re changing
只不过是当权者的口音 和国旗的颜色
is the accents of the powerful and the colour of the flag.
不是这样的 不是这样的
That’s not true! That’s not true!
感谢上帝 看见他们回老家真是太好了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!