There’s no-one of that name here.
是没有 我知道 勃朗特先生
No, I know that, Mr Bronte,
可是收件地址是这里 所以…
only it’s addressed to here, so…
真是个谜
That’s a mystery.
整个教区都没人叫这个名字的
There’s no-one of that name in the entire parish,
就我所知
as far as I’m aware.
的确是 所以我想你们是不是有客人来
No, well, that’s why I thought happen a visitor.
不 不是 没有访客
No, no. No visitors.
现在没有
Not at the moment.
好吧 我再送回信件分拣处
Fair enough, I’ll take it back to sorting office then.
勃朗特小姐 早上好
Morning, Miss Bronte.
我听到的那个名字
Did I hear the name?
-科勒·贝尔 -是的
– Currer Bell? – Yes.
好的 当然不是我的信
Good. That’s not me. Obviously.
不过如果你能把信给我的话
But if I could take it,
我可以送到他手上
I can make sure it reaches him.

Him.
你看 我爸爸记性不太好
You see, he… Papa, he forgets.
贝尔先生 他现在不在这
He’s… Mr Bell, he’s not here.
他曾经待过 只是已经离开了
He was here. But now…he isn’t.
我可以转寄给他 我有他的地址
So, I can forward it to him. I have his address.
科勒这名字真有意思
It’s a funny name. Currer.
我还以为可能是尼可斯先生的
I thought happen it were summat to do wi’ Mr Nicholls.
亚瑟·贝尔·尼可斯
Arthur Bell Nicholls.
不是的 那只是
No. No, no, no, that’s… It’s just…
那只是巧合 可以给我吗
That’s just coincidental. Can I take it?
当然 省得我还得加注
Good! Well, that saves me
再把信送回邮件分捡处
filling in a docket back at sorting office.
非常感谢 他也会感激的
I’m much obliged. And so will he be.
你的弟弟怎么样了
How’s your…brother? Is he…?

Oh, he…
他 你知道的
He’s…you know.
那明天见 勃朗特小姐
Till tomorrow, then! Miss Bronte.
再见 再见
Bye! Bye. Bye.
艾米莉在哪
Where’s Emily?
厨房♥ 你找她吗
Kitchen. D’you want her?
出版商的回信
Letter from a publisher.
艾米莉
Emily!
托马斯·考特利·纽比表示愿意出版
Thomas Cautley Newby is offering to publish
《呼啸山庄》和《艾格妮斯·格雷》
Wuthering Heights and Agnes Grey.
他的条件很苛刻 但比起别的出版商来
His terms are steep, but he’s offering to publish them,
他愿意出版已经很不错了
which is more than anyone else has done, so…
那《教师》呢
What about The Professor?

No.
-他不愿意出版 -为什么
– No, he’s not offering to publish that. – Why?
所以你们得考虑怎么处理
So you need to think about how you want to approach this.
不行
No, that’s…
我们当然是要一起出版 否则免谈
We should publish them all together or not at all. Surely.
感情用事 是好心
That’s sentimental, it’s kind,
但却是胡闹
but it’s nonsense.
这是个难得的机会
This is a solid offer,
我也说过条件苛刻
not a generous one, as I say,
我还会继续寄出
but I’ll persevere in sending out
《教师》和另一本我最近在写的书
The Professor and with the other one that I’ve been writing.
但现在你们得作出选择
But in the meantime, you’ve got a choice to make.
看信吧
Read it.
他要求你们预支50英镑
He’s asking for you to provide an advance of £50
以支付出版费
towards the cost of publication.
但是很明显他觉得有市场
But clearly he believes it’s viable
否则他也不会愿意出版
or he wouldn’t make the offer.
称呼是科勒·贝尔
This is addressed to Currer Bell.
是的 有意思吧
Yes. That was interesting.
你没有
You didn’t…
当然没有 我不得不撒了个谎
Of course not! I had to…fib.
50英镑
£50.
也许这就是行情
Perhaps that’s normal.
想要出版什么
Perhaps whoever undertook to publish it
就得预支费用
would ask for an advance of that sort.
为无名小卒出书是要冒风险的
We’re a risk, we’re unknown,
尽管只是诗集
despite the poems.
就是因为诗集 只卖♥♥出两本
Because of the poems. Two copies sold.
你要坚持吗
You will…persist?
是的
Oh, yes.
有什么事
Yes?
我想和勃朗特先生谈谈
I’d like to speak to Mr Bronte.
勃朗特教士吗
The Reverend Bronte?
帕特里克·勃朗特先生
Mr Patrick Bronte.
找他有什么事
What shall I say it’s to do with?
他在家吗
Is he in?
您是哪位
Who wants to know?
我是郡里的法警 哈利法克斯的法官
I’m a bailiff of the county appointed by Mr Rawson,
罗森先生派我来的
the magistrate at Halifax.
我来是因为一笔未还的欠款 勃朗特先生在吗
I’m here about an unpaid debt. Is Mr Bronte in?
我…
I’ll…
请稍等一会
You’ll just have to give me a minute.
请进
Yes?
门口有个人 勃朗特先生
The’s a man at the door, Mr Bronte.
他说是因为一笔未还的欠款
He says he’s here about an unpaid debt.
他说是哈利法克斯的一个法官派他来的
He says he’s been sent by a magistrate at Halifax.
先生们 有何贵干
Now, then, gentlemen. How may I help you?
-帕特里克·勃朗特先生吗 -是的
– Mr Patrick Bronte? – Yes.
哈利法克斯的法官派我来要一笔欠款
I’m appointed by the Magistrate at Halifax
总金额十四镑十先令六便士
to collect a debt of £14, 10s, 6d,
债权人是哈利法克斯北门酒店老板克劳瑟先生
owing to Mr Crowther of the Commercial in Northgate, Halifax,
目前为止已经欠了八个月
and now outstanding for a total of eight months.
怎么回事 勃兰威尔 怎么回事
What’s going on? Branwell, what’s going on?
勃兰威尔
Branwell…
闪开 闪开
Shift. Shift…
别急着跑 小家伙 别动
Not so fast, little fella. Steady now!
要不然我就动手了
You don’t want me to hurt you.
你最好别跟我动手 如果你动手的话
And you don’t want to hurt me, cos, if you do,
-麻烦就大了 -放开我
– there’ll be bother. – Get off me!
我想你找的应该是我儿子
I think it must be my son that you want.
您的儿子 好吧 那他在哪 勃朗特先生
Your son? Right, well, where is your son, Mr Bronte?
我抓到他了 赖利先生
I’ve got him, Mr Riley!
艾米莉 放开我
Emily! Get him off me!
-我不能呼吸了艾米莉 放开我 -别动
– I can’t breathe, Emily! Get him off me! – Stop wriggling!
别挣扎了 你哪也不许去
Stop struggling! You’re not going anywhere!
我没犯任何错
I’ve done nothing wrong!
-你抓错人了 -那你跑什么
– You’ve got the wrong man! – What were you legging it for then?
你又为什么要打我 小兔崽子
And why did you try and hit me, you little twat.
-放开 -你是帕特里克·勃朗特吗 站起来
– Get your hands off me! – Are you Patrick Bronte? Up!
你是帕特里克·勃兰威尔·勃朗特吗
Are you Patrick Branwell Bronte?
回答他的问题
Answer the man!
我不知道这些人是谁
I have no idea who these people are.
你欠了哈利法克斯的一个酒馆老板的钱
You owe money to some publican in Halifax.
如果还不清债务的话
And if the debt isn’t paid,
他们就要把你关进债务人监狱
they’ll take you to the debtors’ prison.
那你最好给我还清了
You’d best pay up then, eh?
把他带走吧
Take him.
什么
What?
不要 爸爸 我错了我错了我错了
No! Papa, I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!
我不是那个意思 我错了 夏洛蒂 艾米莉
I didn’t mean it! I’m sorry! Charlotte! Emily!
我们有钱 我们有钱 别让他们带走他
We have money. We have money! We have money, please stop them.
-求你了 -等一下 兄弟们
– Please. – Hang on, boys!
-把他带回来 -要是您同意的话 教士
– Bring him back. – If it’s all right with you, Reverend,
我拿到欠款之后就让我的同事把他放了
my colleagues’ll keep hold of him until I’ve got the remittance.
我要一张收据
I shall require a receipt.
我会给您的
I shall give you one.
走吧
Come on.
没事了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!