我们聊过这个
We’ve talked about this.
我让你觉得厌烦了吗 利兰
Am I boring you, Leyland?
没有 伙计 我不烦你
No, lad. No. You’re not boring me.
我担心你在欺骗自己
I worry that you’re kidding yerself.
一个那种地位 那种年纪的女人
A woman her age, in her position.
我只希望他能早点死 好叫我回去
My only hope is that he’ll be dead soon and I’ll be asked back.
你好
Hello.
你好
Hello.

Look.
是啊
I know.
真美
Ahh, it’s beautiful!
这月亮的光辉 从我们幼时起就没变过
The same moon that’s shone down since we were children.
自从我们祖先幼时起就没变过
Since our ancestors were children.
我们真的太渺小了
We’re so tiny, really.
不是吗 如此…
Aren’t we? So…
如此微不足道
so unimportant.
我们所有人
All of us.
没错
That’s right.
讨厌的狗
Bloody dogs.
-有个人在黑公牛酒馆找你 -谁
– There’s a fella in Black Bull lookin’ for thee. – Who?
他说他从格林村来
He says he’s from Thorp Green.
是谁
Who?
我去拿外套
I’ll get my coat.

Shift!
-是不是有个人找我 -对 他在那
– Is there a fella looking for me? – Aye, he’s through there.
勃朗特先生
Mr Bronte.
-有人死了 -罗宾逊先生
– Someone’s dead. – Mr Robinson.
算到上周二他已经去世三个星期了
He passed away three weeks this last Tuesday.
你难道不知道吗
Did you not know?
不知道 我怎么会知道
No. How could I?
这事都上报纸了
Well, it’s been in t’papers.
我们没订约克郡的报纸
We don’t get the York papers.
明确要求你
You’re advised…
远离他的家人
to stay away.
她不想让我去找她了吗
Does she not…want me to go to her?
这不是她说的
She didn’t say that.
对 不是她
No, it isn’t her.
是埃文斯先生
It’s Mr Evans.
他是罗宾逊先生的遗嘱委托人之一
One of the trustees of Mr Robinson’s will.
他说的很清楚 再见到你 他就朝你开枪
Apparently…he’s said if he sees you, he’ll shoot you.
是他派你来的
Did he send you?
不 不是
No. No.
是她派我来的
She did.
她怕你可能会再次出现
She was concerned you might turn up.
这样会让埃文斯先生感到威胁而必须除掉你
And that Mr Evans might feel obliged to do as he’s threatened.
但 除此之外 你还要知道
But, as well as that, you should know
根据遗嘱条款
by the terms of the will…
她如果再婚
that if she marries again,
就会失去她丈夫所有财产的继承权
she’ll forfeit any right to her husband’s fortune.
什么
What?
每一分钱
Every penny.
还有房♥子
And the house.

She…
她让我不要跟你说她的悲惨状况
She asked me not to tell you how wretched she is.
你甚至都认不出来她 勃朗特先生
You’d not recognise her, Mr Bronte.
她过去几个月都在照顾罗宾逊先生
She’s worn herself out
照顾得筋疲力尽
these past few months in attendance upon him.
之后 罗宾逊先生就在去世的前几天
And then, the last few days before his death,
举止温柔
his manner was so mild, so, er…
抚慰人心
conciliatory.
她跪在经♥文♥旁祈祷 饱含热泪 我见犹怜
It’s a pity to see her, kneeling at her prayers. In tears.
我想我们只能猜想
I suppose we can only guess at
她的良心经受了怎样的折磨
what torments of conscience she might be going through…
现在
Now.
但是 她派你来
But…she sent you.
来求你考虑自身安危 勃朗特先生
To beg you to think of your own safety, Mr Bronte.
还有她的明智
And her sanity.
如果你
Which…
再出现在楼下
below stairs,
我们怕你会有性命之忧
we fear hangs by a thread.
我一点都不在乎自己的安危
I don’t give a damn about my own safety.

No.
但事实上
But the thing is…
你所期望的事情不可能发生 勃朗特先生
It’s never going to happen, Mr Bronte.
明白了吗
Do you understand?
明确要求你远离他的家人
You’re advised to stay away.
布朗先生 布朗先生
Mr Brown! Mr Brown!
-布朗先生 -你要干什么 你个小混♥蛋♥
– Mr Brown! – What do you want, you little bugger?
你一定要来
You’ve to come!
黑公牛酒馆的托马斯先生说你一定要来
Mr Thomas at Black Bull says you’ve to come!
-现在什么情况 -不知道
– Now what? – God knows.
之前还有个家伙在这
There were a fella here.
帕迪 振作起来 小伙子 怎么了
Paddy? Come on, lad. What’s up?
我派人请你
I sent for thee.
-看看他的状况 -没事 你做得很好
– Look at state he’s in… – No, you’ve done right.
振作起来 伙计
Come on, lad.
振作起来 你没问题的
Come on, you’re all right.
我一事无成 约翰
Nothing I do, John.
-你只是累了 -我一事无成
– You’re just tired. – Nothing I do.
我送你回家 走
Let’s get you home. Come on.
-我们来这里干什么 -这里是你家
– Why are we going up here? – It’s where you live.
我不想回家 我不想回家
I don’t want to go home, I don’t want to go home.
那你想去哪儿
Well, where d’you want to go, then?
基斯利
Keighley.
我觉得你还是回家比较好
I think meself you’d be better off at home.
不 不 我得去趟格林村 约翰
No, no! I need to go to Thorp Green, John.
我得去趟格林村
I need to go to Thorp Green.
行啊 但现在不行 今天不行
Fair enough, but not just now, not today,
你不能这个样子去
not in this state.
是啊 这个样子 这个样子正合适去
Yes, in this state. This is the right state.
好吧 你去吧 但很显然我去不了
Well, you can. I can’t, obviously,
都下午两点了 我得去工作了
it’s two o’clock in the afternoon, I’ve to get to work.
尼可斯先生
Ah, Mr Nicholls.
他 他现在状态不好
He’s… he’s had a bad do,
他受了点打击
he’s had a bit of bad news.
你先过
Down you go.
你弄疼我了
You’re hurting me.
快到了
Nearly there.
-小心 -快到了
– Careful. – Nearly there.
-冷静一下 -放开我
– Calm down. – Get off me!
请小声点
Please, keep your voice down.
闭嘴 我恨你
Shut up, I hate you!
你竟敢在我家让我冷静
Tell me to calm down in my own house!
我要杀了你
I want to kill you!
放开我
Get your hands off me!
-冷静 -别跟我说什么冷静
– Calm down. – Don’t tell me to calm down.
我不想听你教训我
I don’t want you to tell me anything.
这里是我家
My house!
我没毛病
Nothing wrong with me.
瞧他们 都在看着我
Look at them, all looking at me!
他们总是盯着我
They’re always looking at me!
你们那些愚蠢而无知的面孔
With your stupid, empty faces!
你们别再看着我了
Please, stop looking at me!
别看了
Just stop.
还有他
And him!
你还想要什么
What do you want, eh?
你已经拥有一切了
You’ve had everything!
你有你要的一切了
You’ve had everything you’re getting.
你就一直站在那盯着我看
You just stand there staring at me all the time!
我恨你
I hate you!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!