I don’t like it, I don’t like it.
我不喜欢这感觉
it feels like I’m running away from a disaster.
感觉在逃难
I did it, I did it, I did it.Got some bad news.
我过来了,我过来了,我过来了。告诉你个坏消息
What? It’s a dead end.
啥?这是死路
We… We tried to tell you, but we just couldn’t get the message across.
我们想告诉你,但消息传不过去
We drove back across the knit-one-purl-one bridge…
于是我们又一次驶过千疮百孔的吊桥
..and found ourselves in the rainy season
接着发现置身雨季的我们
on what appeared to be the set of Jurassic Park.
犹如身处侏罗纪公园
Petrified forests, mysterious lakes,
化石森林,神秘的湖泊
this is all very odd.
一切都很诡异
If I go round the next corner and there’s a brontosaurus,
如果下个弯道看见一只雷龙
I will not be surprised.
我一点也不会惊讶
I’m not sure this is the road to the south.
我不确定这路通向南边
When do we just accept this is not working,
不知不觉我们已经习惯了各种罢♥工♥
this is not right,this is not the way.
各种不对劲,各种迷路
Soon the track led us into a primordial swamp.
不久我们又进入了一片沼泽
Oh, for crying out loud!
见鬼
It’s a 928 Porsche,for heaven’s sake!
老天,这是辆保时捷928!
Oh, that felt bad.
感觉糟透了
If you’re Chilean, perhaps you’d like to write in and say,
如果你是智利人,你可能会说:
“No, you went the wrong way.”
你们几个走错路了
No, that’s it, I’m stuck,and I’m going to die here,
不,又卡住了,我要死在这了
a lonely, hideous death.
悲惨的死法
Oh, no!
哦不!
Jeremy and I were now completely beached.
杰瑞米和我彻底陷住了
However…
然而…
This car is incredible.It is truly incredible.
这车太神奇了
If I showed you a picture of this and said, “what’s that good for?”
如果把这车照片给你看,然后问你“这车适合走什么路?”
You’d say,
你肯定会说
“Oh, I wouldn’t want to take that into a supermarket car park,
“我不会把它开到超♥市♥停车场
they’ve got speed humps.”
那有太多减速带”
Here comes Norfolk to the rescue.
来自诺福克郡的救援
Come on, Jeremy. Yes!
加油,杰瑞米。很好!
Come on, Porsche.Yes, you good, good car.
很好,保时捷
Desperate for the astonishing Lotus not to hog all the glory,
为了不让莲花抢走全部功劳
I decided the Porsche would get the Mustang moving.
我决定让保时捷也当次救援队员
International Rescue is coming to Hammond’s aid.
国际救援队前往施救哈蒙德
Right, are you ready? Yes, I am.
准备好了吗?是的
I’m going to start pushing in three, two, one, go.
要开始推你了,3、2、1
We’re both stuck, now.
咱俩都陷住了
Look at it! It’s just driving around.
看他!活蹦乱跳的
Having a spot of bother?
碰到麻烦了吗伙计?
Its proud American ass is stuck on a rock.
骄傲的美国车屁屁被卡住了
Its lardy arse.
野马女士的屁屁
Yes. It’s a bit heavy for this sort of work.
任务有些艰巨
Well, you’re right, it is…
是的,没错….
What?
啥?
What the hell is that? What is it, a 2CV pick-up?
那是什么鬼玩意?雪铁龙2CV?
Well, it’s a 2CV at the front
是辆2CV
I saw that car in Bariloche.You can’t have done.
在巴里洛切我见过这车。你怎么记得
One like it.It can’t possibly be the same one.
肯定是相似的。不可能是同一辆
Finally, Hammond and I managed to get free.
最终我和哈蒙德脱困了
Yes!
是的!
And then…
然后…
There it is, there’s the road to the south.
就是那,那就是我们要找的公路
look – that is what we have been looking for, and we’ve found it.
终于找到了
There was a river between us and it, but there was also a bridge.
虽然有条河横在中间,但我们发现了一座桥
We’re now just 50 metres from the road to the south.
离那条路只有50米
Cocking Nora!
见鬼!
What’s the matter, you idiot?
你这二货干嘛停车?
It’s not finished. Ah.
断桥
Why would you build part of a bridge? Why have they built…?
为什么不把它修完?
It’s… It’s nine tenths.Look at that.
都完工九♥成♥了。看呐
Ready, steady, heave.
准备,好重
No, it’s really heavy.
好重
Right. Yeah. Why don’t we just get the film crew to help?
不如让摄制组的哥们来帮忙吧?
There’s hundreds of them.
他们有百把来人
Guys, can we have…?
伙计们,你们能不能…?
A short while later, the three of us had got the bridge finished.
眨眼间,桥修好了
That is a proud moment, Hammond,but…
这是个值得骄傲的时刻,哈蒙德,但…
is it straight?
够直吗?
Yes. Yes.
当然
Gentlemen, I’m about to go over the edge,
先生们,我要过桥了
is there anything you want to say to me?
有什么话想对我说吗?
Can I have your Ferrari?
你的法拉利能留给我吗?
Oh, here he goes.
他动了
Come on.
保持
He’s done it.He’s faced the peril and won.
他过去了
In fact, we all did.
然后我们都过去了
Oh! There it is!
噢!很好
And at last,we were on the Road To The South.
最后我们又踏上了向南的道路
Ha ha ha!
哈哈哈!
The next morning,we set off in good spirits…
第二天早上,我们信心满满的上路了…
..overjoyed that the going was smooth.
享受着平坦路面的舒畅
Tarmac. Oh, the relief.
柏油路。太棒了
Sadly, though,after just half a mile…
可惜的是,只坚持了半英里
Oh, God Almighty! Bad news, Hammond.
噢,老天!坏消息,哈蒙德
Ow!
敖!
Ow, ow, ow! Ow! Ah! Ah!
嗷嗷嗷嗷!
This immediately caused the ever-troublesome Mustang to have a puncture.
直接导致了野马爆胎
James, do you want to wait for him or…?
詹姆士,你想等他修好还是?
Well, do you know, under the circumstances,I think it would be fair to…
通常这种情况,我一般都是…
No, I don’t.
不等
See you, mate.
再见,伙计
May and I drove on with
我和梅浪漫的行驶在
the now familiar Chilean weather our constant companion.
熟悉的智利细雨中
We are in the Manchester of South America,
这里就是南美的曼彻斯特
but without the annoying accent.
但没有恼人的曼城口音
I’ll go for a walk.Oh, no, it’s raining.
我想去散步。噢,在下雨
Let’s go and play tennis.Oh, it’s raining.
去打网球吧。噢,在下雨
Round of golf? Oh, no, it’s raining.
来场高尔夫?噢,在下雨
I’m going to do some gardening.Oh, no, it’s raining.
去种几盆花。噢,在下雨
And then in the next town,which was on the coast,
在一座滨海小镇
I discovered the water doesn’t always come from the sky.
我发现这里的水不全都来自天上
This sign here – the tsunami hazard zone.
牌子上写着 – 海啸致害区域
So they know this to be an area susceptible to tsunamis. Right.
他们知道这里会被海啸冲击,没错
Playground.
游乐设施
Why would you do that? You could have put it over that side, it’s…
他们为什么还住这?其实可以修在那边…
It’s a couple of feet higher but that makes a difference, doesn’t it?
那边高出几英尺要好些,对吧?
Extraordinary. Madness.It is madness.
简直太疯狂了
Eventually our colleague arrived.
最终,我们的同事赶上来了
How are you two? Everything all right?
你们俩还好么?一切正常?
Yeah, we were just enjoying the location of this school playground on your right.
我们刚在你右边的游乐场玩了会
Yeah, I’m intrigued by the fire station to our left.
我对左边的消防队更感兴趣
That’s… Imagine being a fireman here.
想象一下这里的消防员会干些啥
Quick get to the fire! Oh, don’t worry, the rain’s put it out.
快去救火!别担心,火已经被雨浇灭了
Maybe it’s literally a fire station,they come and start a fire for you.
或许这里的消防队是生火用的
Yeah!
是的!
The town also had Wi-Fi,which meant I could download some
镇上有WIFI,所以我能下载一些
official advice about driving on the local roads.
对在当地驾车有用的信息
“If your vehicle has rear wheel drive…”
如果你的车是后驱
Now, this is important this applies to us, OK?
这条应该对我们很有用
“..recover lost control while doing speed recesses.”
打滑后迅速恢复对车的控制
Oh, I have been.
我一直这么做
“Avoid bite the shoulder,
不要压路肩
“and if so, do not leaflet to quickly return to the asphalt.”
如果压到了,请迅速驶回路面
“This manoeuvre usually ends up in dumps.”
这条策略通常适用于垃圾回收场
I decided to try some of this leafleting, and it was good fun.
我决定照着以上几条试试,很有趣
Woo-hoo-hoo!
呜呼!
I’ve got a loose backend on my 928.
我正在用保时捷928玩甩尾

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!