But he’s got a bug head.
他留在家的女朋友可能也有虫子头呢
His girlfriend’s probably got a bug head back home.
长那样又不是他的错
You don’t get hung up on the looks of someone.
他爱上她了
He’s falling in love with her.
好吧
Uh, okay.
你想太多了
You’re over-thinking.
– 你没事吧 – 没事
Are you all right? Yeah.
要迟点再改吗?
You want to do this later?
不,就现在吧,拜托
No. Go, please.
好吧
All right.
你有没有怀念过写一些…
I mean, do you ever miss writing something…
不说伟大,就优秀的东西?
Forget great, just good?
你肯定也还有灵感吧?
I mean, you must have ideas still, right?
有几个
I’ve got a few.
有一个我始终忘不掉
There’s one that won’t go away.
克利奥和我几年前在墨西哥看斗牛
Cleo and I are in Mexico at a bullfight years ago.
公牛死了
And the bull dies.
成千上万人欢呼雀跃
And, uh, thousands of people are just cheering.
但三个人无动于衷
Three weren’t.
克利奥,我还有我们前面的男孩
Cleo, me and this young boy down front,
他在哭
crying.
我一直在思考为什么
Always wondered why.
你写出来就知道了
Well, (COUGHS) you write it and you’ll know.
但求你向我保证,别写给 该死的弗兰克·金
But please promise me, not for Frank fucking King.
求你了
Please.
下面是编剧奖,这是一位 同样会读书的演员
To present the writing awards,
here is an actor who also reads.
柯克·道格拉斯先生
Mr. Kirk Douglas. (AUDIENCE APPLAUDING)
妮可,快点
Niki, hurry!
谁上台了
NIKI: Who’s doing it?
柯克·道格拉斯
MITZI: Kirk Douglas!
来了,来了
NIKI: I’m coming, I’m coming!
信封
The envelope.
奥斯卡获奖者是
And the Oscar goes to
《罗马假日》,伊安·麦克兰·亨特
Roman Holiday
by Ian McLellan Hunter. (GASPS)
是你啊,爸爸,是你
Yes! That’s you, Dad, that’s you!
爸爸,太棒了
CHRIS: Dad, that is fantastic!
我代表伊安·麦克兰·亨特领奖
KIRK: This is accepted on behalf of Ian McLellan Hunter.
我们现在要开心吗
So do we get to be happy now?
我不想要
I don’t want it.
真的,我不想要
Well, I don’t want it.
上面是你的名字
Your name’s on it.
是你写的
You wrote it.
他们给你的
They gave it to you. (TELEPHONE RINGING)
我的梦已经实现了
And it’s done me wonders.
这是猩猩的剧本
Here’s the gorilla script.

Huh.
– 嘿,爸爸 – 啊
CHRIS: Hey, Dad. Ah?
你的电♥话♥
Phone for you.
找哪个名字
TRUMBO: For which name?
不,就找你,一个叫巴迪·罗斯的人
No, you. Some guy named Buddy Ross.

Huh.
那传言是真的? 你写的《罗马假日》?
So, is the rumor true? You wrote Roman Holiday?
我能为你做什么,巴迪
What can I do for you, Buddy?
我的电影都黄了,让我落进深渊
My movies have all bombed. Dug me into a hole.
我最后终于办成了一件事
I finally got something going.
经典
Classy.
三个影星,剧本…
Three big stars. The script…
什么剧本啊,根本没剧本
What script? There is no script.
找了11个编剧都放我鸽子 现在演员都说要撤
I got 11 writers who fucked me
and now the actors are gonna pull out.
要是他们走了我就失去一切了
And if they do, I lose everything.
你什么时候拍摄
When do you shoot?
还有10天
Ten days.
有什么头绪吗
Is there anything?
很明显不会有署名
There’d be no credit, obviously.
开始拍摄前我没法给你钱
I can’t pay you till we start shooting.
就算你冲我吐口水我也不怪你
I wouldn’t blame you if you spit in my face.
但我们当时做出了些好东西
But we did good stuff back then.
真的
We really did.
求你了
Please.
我欠金兄弟一本重写剧本
I owe the King Brothers a rewrite.
我没法一心二用
And I can’t do both.
给,我需要你接手
Here it is. I need you to take over.
那你就能帮那个大好人巴迪·罗斯了
So you can help that great guy, Buddy Ross.
嗯哼
Mmm-mmm.
这样我们就能继续破坏黑名单
So we can keep tearing down the blacklist.
天啊,来了
Oh, Jesus, here we go.
如果巴迪拿到好剧本 这会是一部很大的电影
This is going to be a very big movie,
and if Buddy gets a good script…
而剧本会是你给他
Which you’re gonna give him.
不,我要卖♥♥给他
No, which I am going to sell him.
为了钱,因为我们就是为钱 做这一切的,对吧?
For money, ’cause that’s why we did all of this, right?
就是为了钱
Was for the money.
你为什么看不出来
Why can you not see this?
如果我们拿到一部大♥片♥ 就能拿到所有大♥片♥
If we get one big movie, we can get all the big movies.
等这所有腐朽一切在绝对的讽刺中 轰然倒塌的时候
And then this whole rotten thing
could collapse on the sheer irony
每个事业的编剧都会得到工作
that every unemployable writer is employed.
天啊,你非得说得
Jesus Christ, do you have to say everything
跟碑文一样吗
like it’s going to be chiseled into a rock?
我不会帮你帮助巴迪·罗斯
I’m not gonna help you help Buddy Ross!
天啊
TRUMBO: God’s sake!
– 你在对抗所有… – 不,我…
You are against every… ARLEN: No, I…
– 根深蒂固的思想 – 让我们做点什么
…solid idea that comes up. ARLEN: Let’s do something!
那些混♥蛋♥确实做过些什么
These fuckers did things!
我们应该把那蟑螂起诉到死
We should be suing that cockroach into the ground
– 还有那些国会议员 – 有个创意
along with those congressmen… There’s an idea.
– 对,还有制片人 – 很好的制片人
Yes, and the producers! Very good one.
– 对,还有公♥司♥ – 那更好了
Yes, and the studios! That’ll be better.
– 我们应该起诉他们 – 噢,对,从没
We should sue them! Oh, yes, brilliant!
继续输,把你所有的钱都给律师
Keep losing. Give all of your money away to lawyers!
我宁愿为了正确的理由输
I’d rather lose for the right reasons.
为什么?
Why?
你还在输啊
It’s still losing.
你输了,我输了,我们都输了
You lose. I lose. We all lose!
你看不出来吗?
Don’t you see that?
整个国家都处在害怕和死亡中
And the whole goddamn country stays scared and dead.
你真觉得自己你鞥永远这么活下去吗
Well, you really think
you can go on living like this forever?
我没必要非得这样
Well, I’m not gonna have to.
阿伦,我们能做这个
(SIGHS) Arlen, we can do this.
我们能打败他们,可以赢
We can beat them. We can win!
– 我不在乎赢不赢 – 放屁
I don’t care if I win. Bullshit!
人人都想赢
Everybody wants to win.
不,你想赢,我想改变
No, you want to win. I want to change things.
– 我想赢,赢了才能改变 – 不,你不想
I want to win
so that I can change things. No you don’t!
你想赢,这样你就能光明正大的 把自己的名字刻在奥斯卡奖杯上
You want to win so that
you can get an Oscar with your name on it this time.
你就能赚到比你给傻瓜写剧本 赚的更多的钱
And so you can get more money that you burn through,
writing shit for idiots!
我为什么要把你当孩子一样 跟你解释一切
Why do I have to explain everything to you
like you’re a fucking child?
你不用
You don’t have to.
– 你真的不用 – 滚
You really don’t have to. Piss off!
你做你想做的,那没关系
You know, you do what you do and that’s fine for you.
但别装作事业回归正轨
But don’t pretend that you getting your career back
是人类的伟大进程,好吗
is part of some great crusade for mankind. Okay?
我这是为了所有人
I’m doing this for everyone. (COUGHING)
阿伦
Arlen…
该死的蠢货
Fucking idiot.
生日快乐
Happy birthday to you
生日快乐,亲爱的妮可拉
Happy birthday, dear Nikola
生日快乐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!