Here you are. Thank you.
给你
Here you go.
老天,真的到处都是她
Good God, she’s everywhere.
你的下一笔交易,将让你成为 好莱坞片酬最高的编剧
Your next deal’s gonna make you
the highest-paid writer in Hollywood.
也是世界上片酬最高的编剧
Which will make you the highest-paid writer in the world.
这是你应得的
You earned it.
你不仅仅是写大团圆的结局 你相信它们
You don’t just write happy endings,
you actually believe them.
那就是人们付钱来看的
That’s what people pay to see.
也是你为什么属于这儿,属于米高梅 对吗,LB?
That’s why you belong here at MGM. Right, L.B.?
我不想催促你,不过,在哪签字?
I hate to make the wooing too easy for you,
but where do I sign?
就一个条件
MAYER: Just one thing.
如果你要为我工作
If you’re gonna work for me,
那我永远也不想再看到这种东西
(我们自己的红色威胁)
I never, ever want to see anything like this again.
我保证,你不会的
You won’t. I promise.
很好
Good.
只需要别再读海达·霍珀的东西
Just stop reading Hedda Hopper.
那LB后来怎么说?
So, what did L.B. say then?
老天,别这样
BUDDY: Jesus, don’t.
我到现在都还没吃过东西 嫌我的工作还不够难的吗?
I haven’t eaten since. My job’s not hard enough?
你的工作一点也不难
Your job is not hard at all. (BUDDY GROANS)
你觉得对米高梅来说 在这些头条出现后还找你签约容易吗?
You think getting Mayer to sign you
after those headlines was easy?
你打破了一项纪录,3年获得成就
You have a record-breaking
three-year contract to make shit up.
不客气
You’re welcome.
宝贝,现在别玩
Oh, honey, not now. (LAUGHS)
拜托,妈妈?
Please, Mom?
她真的可以
NIKI: She really can.
– 请她! – 可以什么?
Ask her! TRUMBO: Can what?
克利奥,是真的吗?
Cleo, is this true?
看这个
Watch this.
– 特朗勃 – 拜托
Trumbo… CHRIS: Come on.
当然,你意识到这意味着战争
Of course, you realize this means war.
注意看!
TRUMBO: Behold!
我有个非比寻常的妈妈
I had a very unusual mother.
我翻译一下:星妈
Translation: stage mother. (ALL LAUGH)
一个虚度青春的儿童杂技演员
The misspent youth of a child acrobat.
我的天呐,你做演出多久了?
My God, how long were you in show business?
一直演到我15岁 但它其实展现的更多的是强迫劳动
Till I was 15, but it was more show forced-labor.
– 漂亮! – 棒极了!
Bravo! EDWARD: Brilliant!
达尔顿·特朗勃先生吗?
Mr. Dalton Trumbo?
什么事?
Yes?
我们华盛顿见
I’ll see you in Washington.
(传票)
野餐愉快
Enjoy your picnic.
我们走吧,伙计们
Let’s go, boys.
是,斯特里普林先生
MAN: Yes, Mr. Stripling, sir.
19份传票已经被发给那些我们确定为
THOMAS: Nineteen subpoenas have been issued
to those we believe
好莱坞共♥产♥主义威胁的知情者了
have knowledge of the ongoing communist threat in Hollywood.
是什么样的威胁呢?
REPORTER: What kind of threat is that?
腐♥败♥我们的民♥主♥价值观
A conspiracy to corrupt democratic values
并推♥翻♥这个民族的威胁
and bring about the overthrow of this nation.
通过电影?
Using movies? (ALL LAUGH)
能举一部电影或…
Any movie in particular or…
电影是有史以来影响力最强大的东西
Movies are the most powerful influence ever created.
而且它滋生了大批隐藏的叛徒
And they are infested with hidden traitors.
(华盛顿超级戏剧)
非美活动委员会已经在着手调查
NARRATOR: The House Un-American
Activities Committee
has been formed to investigate
好莱坞的共♥产♥党联盟工作
alleged communists working in Hollywood.
新闻摄影机和一支记者军队,随叫随到
The newsreel cameras and an army
of newspapermen are on hand.
(罗纳德·里根,美国演员工会主席)
里根先生,你是否得报说
Mr. Reagan, has it been reported to you
美国演员工会中的某些成员是共♥产♥党?
that certain members of the Screen Actors Guild
(罗伯特·斯特里普林 非美活动委员会总调查主任)
are communists?
是有那么一小群人,多少拥护
REAGAN: There has been a small group
more or less following the tactics
与共♥产♥党联合的策略
that we, uh, associate with the Communist Party.
那你是否觉得他们导致了 一种混乱的影响?
And would you refer to them as a disrupting influence?
可以这么说,有时候 他们企图造成破坏性的影响
I would say that, at times, they have attempted
to be a disruptive influence.
你是否认为电影工业
STRIPLING: Do you believe that the motion picture industry
正在竭尽全力让自己摆脱
is doing everything it can to rid itself
非美危险分子的影响呢?
of subversive un-American influences?
他们都是直接向莫斯科报到
They report directly to Moscow.
(山姆·伍德,电影导演 电影联盟联合创始人)
在很多情况下,共♥产♥主义挑拨者会尽力
On numerous occasions,
communist agitators have tried hard
让我们财政情况欠佳
to steer us into the red river.
对这点,我们有些不堪重负
We had a little too much weight for that.
你能否说出一两个挑拨者?
Will you name a few of these agitators?
那个,欧文·皮切尔
Well, Irving Pichel,
爱德华·迪麦特雷克,弗兰克·塔特尔
Edward Dmytryk, Frank Tuttle.
或是其他一些令人不悦的地方
or some other unpleasant place. (AUDIENCE APPLAUDS)
我们3天后将出庭
TRUMBO: We get our chance to testify in three days.
我们将采取的行为 不会让我们太受欢迎
And what we’re about to do won’t make us too popular.
好吧,那我们将被诋毁,然后呢?
Okay, so we get slandered and then what?
你要用你自己的方式 回答他们的每一个问题
You answer every question they ask in your own way.
那就是,什么也别告诉他们
So, don’t tell them shit.
说的漂亮
Beautifully put.
知道他们称之为什么吗?
Well, you know what they call that?
是的
Yes.
十有八♥九♥,我们将被定为 “蔑视国会罪”
In all likelihood, we’ll be cited
for contempt of Congress.
那将会有一场审判
There will be a trial.
我错过了什么吗?
ARLEN: What am I missing here?
我听到的好像只有监狱
All I’m hearing is jail.
没必要
TRUMBO: Not necessarily.
在更低级的法庭,我们很可能会输
In a lower court, yes, we’ll most likely lose.
– 但上诉… – 就会成功
But on appeal… KENNY: It’ll work.
最高法♥院♥是一个5票对4票的 自♥由♥多数原则
The Supreme Court is a five-to-four liberal majority.
他们觉得这个委员会是违反宪法的
They think this committee is unconstitutional.
他们想将它封♥杀♥
They want it killed.
听起来很棒
Sounds great.
我不干了
I’m out.
尼基
Niki.
听着,我承担不起你们说的那些
Look, I can’t afford this stuff
you guys are talking about.
最高法♥院♥和律师费…
The Supreme Court and legal fees…
你知道,桃乐西不会…
You know, Dorothy’s not gonna…
我是说,有些东西已经变糟了 但,你知道…
I mean, things already aren’t great, but you know…
如果我把所有的积蓄都花在这上 她会带孩子们离开
If I dump all my savings into that,
she’s gone with the kids.
我给你报销
I’ll cover you.
花销,差旅,律师费等一切
Expenses, travel, legal fees, everything.
你甚至都不怎么喜欢我
You don’t even like me.
我很喜欢你,是你不喜欢我
I like you fine. You don’t like me.
不,你知道真正的原因是什么吗? 我不信任你
No, you know what it is? I don’t trust you.
好吧,我会说积蓄 但我恐怕你不会
Well, I’d say go on, but I’m afraid you will.
听着,我知道我是什么人,好吗?
Look, I know what I am. Okay?
我希望这整个国家能有所不同 从上到下
I want this whole country
to be different, top to bottom.
如果我能得到我想要的 那也不会有人掉进深渊
If I get what I want, nobody gets their own lake.
那种人生就太无趣了,你不觉得吗?
Well, that would be a very dull life, don’t you think?
对,对于你来说是的
Yeah, for you.
但对构筑这一切的人来说不是
Not for the guys who built this.
我要是说错了就直说,但打我认识你起 你的语气就像个激进分子
If I’m wrong, tell me, but ever since I’ve known you,
you talk like a radical.
但你却过着富裕的生活
But you live like a rich guy.
的确
That is true.
我不知道你…
Well, I don’t know that you’re…
我不觉得你会为了做对的事 愿意牺牲这一切
I don’t think you’re willing to lose all of this
just to do the right thing.
我鄙视殉道者,也不会为 注定失败的事而奋斗
Well, I despise martyrdom
and I won’t fight for a lost cause.
所以,你说的对

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!