Happy birthday to you
许个愿吧
CLEO: Make a wish.

(CAMERA CLICKING) Ah.
有了
I got it. (CHRIS CHUCKLES)
美好的16岁
CLEO: Sweet 16!
去跟你妹妹一起
Get together with your sister.
克里斯,进去
Chris, get in there.
啊,谢谢
(CAMERA CLICKING) Ah. Thank you.
我们真的不用敲门吗
Are you sure we shouldn’t go knock?
不用
I’m sure.
他休息5分钟都不行吗
He can’t take five minutes?

CLEO: Nope.
2分钟?
Two minutes?
妮可
CLEO: Niki.
1分钟
One minute.
克里斯,能请你去拿几个好盘子吗
Chris, would you please get the good plates?
– 好,妈妈 – 谢谢
Yes, Mom. Thank you.
爸爸
Dad!
– 爸爸 – 走开
Dad! TRUMBO: Go away!
我们在吃生日蛋糕
We’re having birthday cake.
你听到我在这写还不敲门
When you hear me working, you don’t knock!
但今天是我生日
But it’s my birthday.
你从来不敲门
You don’t knock! Ever!
就算房♥子着火了你也不想知道吗
So the house is on fire, you don’t want to know?
我在浴缸里工作,周围都是水
I work in a bathtub, surrounded by water.
所以就算整个国家都着火我也不担心
So I’m fairly certain
that even if the whole goddamn country was on fire,
这样我就能继续当这个家的私人奴隶
that I could still function
as this family’s personal slave.
我唯一的要求就是
And all I ask is to not be interrupted
不要被一小块该死的生日蛋糕打扰
for every little slice of fucking birthday cake!
什么?这太荒谬了
What? It’s ridiculous!
我都忘记写到哪了,天啊
Now I’ve lost my place. Christ’s sake!
当然,也许你得到了那个我们 都想要的漫长快乐的人生
EDWARD: (ON TV) …sure, maybe you, uh,
get that long, happy life we all want.
但你的眼睛再也没有合上
But your eyes never really close again.
因为你一辈子都在害怕 黑暗中的声音
‘Cause you spend that life
scared of every noise in the dark.
我们都是,我不能让你这么做,罗科
We both do. I can’t let you do this, Rocco.
我只是要说服你我是对的
I’ll just have to convince you I’m right.
毕竟,孩子,这不就是朋友吗
After all, kid, what are friends for?
别替他说话,好吗
NIKI: Don’t defend him, okay?
他知道他错了
He knows he’s wrong.
他连道歉都没有
He hasn’t even apologized.
我想你吓到他了
I think you surprised him.
他还不习惯家里出现另一个成年人
He’s not used to seeing another adult in the house.
他得时时刻刻那样
He has to be right all the time.
你怎么受得了
How do you stand it?
有时候确实很有挑战 特别是最近
Well, it’s challenging sometimes, especially lately.
嘿,要不跟我去楼下吧
Hey, why don’t you come downstairs with me?
我给你看点东西
I wanna show you something.
看到我的手套了吗
You see my gloves?
谢谢
Thank you.
你把那想成他的头吗
Do you imagine that’s his head?
不,但你可以
No. But you can.
妮可,那是剧本吗
Niki, is that the script already?
太棒了
Fantastic.
啊,告诉你♥爸♥爸…
Ah. Tell your dad that…
噢,你好,我找阿伦·赫德
Oh, hello. Um, I’m looking for Arlen Hird.
特朗勃先生,我是安德鲁
Mr. Trumbo, it’s Andrew.
天啊,看看你
Good God! Look… Look at you!
喔,你♥爸♥爸肯定跟你说了一些
Wow. Well, I’m certain your father
关于我的坏话
has told you some nasty things about me,
但我想向你保证
but I want to assure you,
那些都是真的
they’re all true.
他…他在家吗?
Is, uh… Is he home?
对不起,我想你应该知道
I’m sorry. I thought you knew.
– 请节哀 – 非常感谢
I’m so sorry. Thank you so much.
安德鲁
Andrew.
约书亚
Joshua.
我爸爸留了些东西给你
ANDREW: My dad left something for you.
是个录音带
It’s a record.
他欠你和其他一些人的钱
Money that he owed you and some other people.
对不起,我也希望我们能还你
I’m sorry. I wish we could pay you back.
安德鲁,不
TRUMBO: Andrew, no.
我欠他的
I owed him.
都是我欠他的
The debts are all mine.
谢谢
Thank you.
那么…
Well…
你好,埃迪
TRUMBO: Hello, Eddie.
真是个惊喜
This is a bit of a surprise.
我能为你做什么?
What can I do for you?
阿伦死了
Arlen died.
我听说了,当时我在场
I heard. I was on location.
这是你给我们辩护用的钱
This is the money you gave us for the defense fund.
我们欠你的所有钱,包括阿伦的
It’s everything that we owe you. Arlen included.
不,那是我的礼物
No, now, that was a gift.
我们希望把账算清
We’d like it off our books.
这是什么意思?是什么消息吗?
What is this supposed to be? Some kind of message?
你,艾伦还有伟大的好莱坞十人组 都想到我了
What you and Arlen
and the great Hollywood Ten all think of me.
行,行,但首先你得听我说
Fine. Fine. But first you’re gonna listen.
你进监狱后
After you went to jail,
我一整年没工作
I didn’t work for a year.
没有邀约,连面试都没有
No offers, not even an audition.
那些人看着我流落街头
People would see me, cross the street.
那些我爱的人
People I loved.
那些在我的帮助下发财的人
People I made rich.
我坐在那委员会前面
I sat in front of that committee.
为什么?我什么都没做
Why? I didn’t do anything.
我们谁都没做什么 我们都只是愚蠢的孩子
None of us did anything. We were all stupid babies.
跟那些事情毫无关系
With no business in any of it.
我只想过回我的生活
I just wanted my life back.
他们有所有人的名字 你的,阿伦的,所有人的
They had every name. Yours, Arlen’s, everybody’s.
没有他们不知道的
I didn’t give them anything they didn’t already have.
我受够了,够了 我真的受够了
I ended it, is all. I just… I ended it!
埃迪,这样的事情 可不能如此结束
Oh, Eddie, you don’t end something like this.
不能告诉他们无权知道的事情
By giving them what they have no right to ask.
你要教我怎么做吗?
You’re gonna tell me how I should have handled it?
就像你操纵议会那样?
Like you handled Congress?
你是说你对你的所为感到骄傲吗?
So you’re saying that you’re proud of what you did?
骄傲?谁他妈会觉得骄傲?
Proud? Who the hell gets to be proud?
你,你会
You. You do. (SCOFFS)
你和你的那些假身份和事情
You with your fake names and your fronts.
你得到了一切你想要的
You’ve got all the work you want.
而我得每天面对外界
I gotta go out in the world every day.
这是我的工作
This is my work.
我就是这样的人
I’ve got nobody else to be.
我做我必须做的事情
I did what I had to.
你只是做了你想做的,埃迪
You did what you wanted, Eddie.
而且有着更多的动机
And you did it for more.
拍更多的电影,赚更多的钱
More movies, more money,
打败更多的对手
more dead bullshit on your walls.
过去的已经过去了 但是你有想过
What I did, I did,
but did you ever wonder how many years
你对于阿伦的生活不满多久了吗?
you hacked off Arlen’s life?
向世人展示你是一个反叛的天才
To show the world what a rebel genius you are.
你就是那样的人
You live with that!
一个人喝?
Drinking alone?
这样更好
Preferably.
这些天你在忙什么?
And what are you up to these days?
你知道,海达,再来一杯 也许我就说了
You know, Hedda,
another one of these and I just may tell you.
那我请你喝一杯
Oh, then I’m buying.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!