导致我们播出了本不该播放的文件
led to our airing the documents when we should have not done so.
这是个巨大的过失 哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥深表歉意
It was a mistake. CBS News deeply regrets it.
同时就我个人 我要坦白地说一声抱歉
Also, I want to say, personally and directly, I am sorry.
哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥已经雇佣了柯洛公♥司♥…
CBS has hired the firm of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham…
指导审查小组的工作
to conduct a review panel.
你们调查了他们的文件
You paper-trailed them.
当然
Of course.
他们是家大公♥司♥
They’re a big firm,
在西雅图总部有近一千人的律师团
got about a thousand lawyers headquartered in Seattle.
他们应对内部调查 颇为得心应手
They specialize in internal investigations.
他们也参与了去年布♥什♥引发的世♥界♥通♥讯银行破产事件
They’re the same ones that Bush brought in last year to rip apart WorldCom.
我们现在情况有这么严重了吗?
We’re as bad as them?
– 更不妙的在后面呢 – 调查团…
– Oh, it gets worse. – The panel…
柯&洛公♥司♥的合伙人理查德·索恩伯格也会参与一起主持
will be co-chaired by K & L partner Richard Thornburgh.
他是宾夕法尼亚的前州长
He’s the former governor of Pennsylvania,
理查德·尼克松上位后…
first appointed…
第一次被任命为联邦检察官
as a U.S. attorney under Richard Nixon.
参选过两次国会议员的选举
Ran for Congress twice.
但都被共和党打败了
Defeated both times by Democrats.
他第二次竞选是由卡尔·罗夫主持的
His second campaign was run by Karl Rove.
是的
Yup.
但是简历里最为瞩目的…
But the crown jewel in his résumé…
是他1988年到1991年期间
is the time served as U.S. attorney general
作为联邦总检察官的经历
from ’88 to ’91
也就是乔治·H·W·布♥什♥在职的那几年
under former president George H.W. Bush.
天啊
Jesus.
谁第一个接受审查?
Who goes in first?
先是丹 然后是我…
First Dan, then me…
再是露西 那个上校 最后是你
then Lucy, the colonel, then you.
你是最后的女主角
You’re the grand finale.
为什么? 为什么要那样?
And why? Why is that?
因为你坐在那张椅子上谈话的时候…
Because they gonna want to have as much as they can on you…
他们会想能从你口中套出尽可能多的信息
when they sit you down in that chair.
真是该死
Holy shit.
不好意思 她不跟记者谈话
Yeah, I’m sorry. She’s not speaking to reporters.
是海沃德
It’s Heyward.
如果他们换人了的话 直接挂电♥话♥
If they put someone else on, hang up.
如果电♥话♥里没有第三方在场
They can’t fire you
他们就不能解雇你
if they don’t have a witness on the line.
– 谢谢鼓励 安德鲁 – 玛丽
– Thanks for the pep talk. Andrew. – Mary.
我们雇了一名私♥人♥侦♥探♥重新调查这起事件
We’ve hired a private detective to go back over everything.
我需要你上交你的笔记本
I need you to hand over your notes,
你的电子邮件 所有东西
your e-mails, everything.
听着 我是这么想的
Listen, I was thinking,
如果我们能找到那台打字机…
if we could find the actual typewriter…
别再深究这件事了
Stop working on the story.
一切有关布♥什♥警卫队的工作都正式结束了
Well, all work on the Bush-Guard story has officially ceased.
我不明白为什么要这样
I can’t imagine why.
小鬼 你在看什么呢?
Hey, what are you looking at, buddy?
那些带着相机的人
The men with the cameras.
他们是你们的朋友吗?
Are they friends of yours?
不是
No.
带他上楼
Take him upstairs.
另一则新闻 黑岩集团调查小组今天开始…
In other news, CBS’ internal investigation…
就播报乔治·W·布♥什♥在国民警卫队服役的新闻…
into their story on George W. Bush’s National Guard service begins today…
对哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥展开内部调查
with the review panel convening at Black Rock.
我的钱包落在出租车上了
I left my wallet in a cab.
我现在应该已经出现在审查小组面前了
I’m supposed to be in front of the panel.
你不能来这里
You can’t be here.
– 你说什么? – 你不准进入这栋大楼
– Excuse me? – You’re not allowed in the building.
谁规定的 我不准进入这栋大楼?
I’m not allowed in the building according to who?
管理层说的 你现在必须马上离开
Management. You have to go, now.
好吧 你知道这里发生什么事了吗?
Okay, do you understand what’s happening here?
我知道你得马上离开
I understand you’re leaving.
我们…
Our…
你的母公♥司♥就撤销管制规定和减税优♥惠♥…
Your parent company is currently lobbying…
现在游说目前完全被共和党控制的国会…
a Republican-controlled Congress for deregulation and tax breaks…
那样可以在无形中帮他们省下几百万美元
that could potentially save them hundreds of millions of dollars.
而且我们刚刚播报了一则可能会让民♥主♥党参与总统竞选…
And we just aired a report that could cost those same Republicans…
付出惨痛代价的新闻
the presidency.
保安 马上到十层来
Security to the 10th foor now.
你觉得维亚康姆需要政♥府♥站在自己这边吗?
You think Viacom might need the administration on their side?
维亚康姆: 哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥母公♥司♥
你觉得他们现在真的想要不顾一切地补偿总统吗?
You think they might be desperate to make it up to him right now?
就一切关于阿布格莱布监狱
Make up for CBS running stories on Abu Ghraib,
总统还有越南的新闻
the president, and Vietnam…
做出补偿 为哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥擦屁♥股♥不是你的既定职责吗?
and all the other shit that isn’t part of your scheduled programming?
当然 所有人都希望这条新闻消失
Of course everyone wants it to disappear.
因为这关系到了选举!
There’s a fucking election at stake!
你应该打破沙锅问到底 这是你的工作
You’re supposed to question everything. That’s your job.
我们都应该要打破沙锅问到底
We are supposed to question everything,
怎么 你连问都不去问吗?
and, what, you won’t even question this?
– 你说完了吗? – 我说完了吗?
– Are you done? – Am I done?
你知不知道联邦通讯委员会废除交叉持股之后…
Do you know when the FCC repealed cross-ownership laws…
一家公♥司♥可以在国内市场持有45%的股份?
a single company could own 45 percent of the national market share?
国内存款市场股份的百分之四十五
Forty-five percent of the national market share.
人♥民♥都在阴沟里翻船了 他们什么都没了
People fucking flipped. They lost their shit.
事实上他们还是安安静静♥坐♥着
They actually sat down
然后给各自地方的国会议员投票
and wrote their local congressmen.
然后2003年政♥府♥拨款提案 你猜怎么着…
So in the 2003 appropriations bill, guess what…
国会扭转性胜利
Congress overturned it.
民♥主♥万岁 对吧?
Hooray for democracy, right?
并不是 总统压根就不签
Nope. The president wouldn’t sign it.
布♥什♥说除非市场份额降到39%
Bush threatened to veto the bill
否则他就不会签署这份预案
unless a compromise was found at 39 percent.
为什么是百分之三十九?
And why 39 percent?
恰恰是这个数字
That’s the exact percent
维亚康姆就不用卖♥♥掉旗下任何一处地方
Viacom wouldn’t have to sell off any of their stations.
堂堂美国的总统打算拿下…
The president of the United States was ready to take down…
整个联邦预算
the entire federal budget
就为了让维亚康姆一分钱都不会流失!
so that Viacom wouldn’t lose any money!
你说得没错
You’re right.
是的 我们… 我们都是恶魔
Yeah, we’re… We’re all evil.
而你… 你是…
And you’re the… You’re the…
是勇士 被人误解的英雄
plucky, misunderstood hero.
并不是你们搞砸了这一切 不是 是…
It’s not that you guys fucked up a story. No, no, it’s… It’s…
这都是阴谋 好吗?
It’s a conspiracy, right?
你知道 他们迟早也会整死你的
They’re gonna screw you too, you know.
黑岩集团 哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥企业总部
我一直没机会问你
Hey, I never got to ask you.
你为什么进入新闻行业?
Why did you get into journalism?
好奇心使然
Curiosity.
就因为这个?
That’s it?
这就够了
That’s everything.
你为什么会进入这个行业?
Why’d you get into it?
因为你
You.
拉瑟先生 你可以去见审查团了
Mr. Rather, the panel is ready for you.
比我们想象的还要糟糕
It’s even worse than we thought.
他们问你有没有威吓部下或是线人
They asked if you bullied staff or sources.
有没有色♥诱♥他们 获取你想要的信息
If you physically intimidated people to get what you want.
我希望你会跟他们说我把你揍出屎来了
I hope you told them I beat the shit out of you.
玛丽 他们… 这… 不是笑话 好吗?
Mary, they… It’s… This isn’t a joke, okay?
他们会问你政♥治♥立场
They asked about your politics.
情况对我们很不利 好吗?
The deck is stacked, okay?
有人在暗中操控…
The game’s rigged. Between this…
谈话录音还有你的父亲 这里简直就是私刑场
talk radio and your father, it’s a fucking lynching.
关我爸什么事?
What about my father?
没事 我…不要… 当我什么都没说
Nothing. I… Don’t… it’s… Forget it.
迈克 我爸怎么了?
What about my father, Mike?
听着 我很抱歉 我以为你知道
Look, I’m sorry, I thought you knew.
我对我女儿现在的情形感到很耻辱
I’m ashamed of what my daughter has become.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!